Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World (12553 Views)

Golden Temple ( Punjab India ) The Holiest Temple In The World / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Bad Omen: Crane Collapses In The 'holiest' Mosque In Mecca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by plappville(f): 8:48am On Oct 16, 2015
Empiree:
y
You muslims know the unique reason why Islam is connected to the site? This reason is found in the koran 17 Sura. It recounts the story of a dream Mohammed has where he takes a midnight ride grin ( al-Isra) on his flying horse al-Buraq, which had the face of a woman, the body of a horse and the tail of Peacock. The narrative of the Koran in Sura 17 describes it as follows:

Glory be to Him, who carried His servant by night from the Holy Mosque (in Mecca) to the further mosque (al-masjid al-Aqsa), the precincts of which we have blessed." The actual location of al-Aqsa (the further mosque) in Mohammed's dream ride is never mentioned. Early Muslims understood al-Aqsa metaphorically, or as a place in heaven. It was in late 7th century, the Umayyids claimed that the actual site of al-Aqsa was in fact the Temple Mount. Later the site of al-Aqsa was restricted to the mosque area at the southern end of the Temple Mount (the site of the current Al Aqsa Mosque). The original mosque, probably located on the site where Omar first prayed when he arrived in Jerusalem in 638, was built by the Umayyid Caliph al-Walid in the early 8th century. History even tells that it was destroyed by earthquakes several times and later rebuilt. If not for the false revelation of Muhammad, there wont be a mosque built There. Falsehood results to false claim.. undecided
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 16, 2015
plappville:

I have no issue with anyone addresing / Discussing fela ’s shrine as holy to him/her. We are all entitled to our opinions.
My interest is my interest, yours is yours.

You opened a thread,therefore you were open to other people's opinions.
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by plappville(f): 9:16am On Oct 16, 2015
ifeness:

You opened a thread,therefore you were open to other people's opinions.
Of course, But thats doesn't mean i should accept your insults.
I can as well do like you by saying that you are a slave to Fela's shrine but its none of my business if you even sleep in his shrine. Its your own cut of tea.

3 Likes

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by plappville(f): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2015
Empiree:
So Op and others can not differentiate btw a Jew and Judaism?. Anyways, we live that for another day. As holy as Jerusalem can be, controlled by Zionist Jews, is the real reason this Holy City of Qudus (Jerusalem) is not peaceful. When it was Muslims in control it was peaceful. Now it's controlled by Jews and it's like hell on earth. Evidences are as clear as day light. Look at Mecca and Medina and see how peaceful they are under Muslim rule. Refer to my signature, please.

Qur'an speaks about "Jerusalem" a lot without mentioning its name. It's referred to in the Quran as "Holy Land". Holy Land in the Quran is not Mecca and Medina. However, one may find "Al-Qudus" in Hadith and Islamic literature used for Jerusalem. Muslim know too well holy land in the Quran is Jerusalem. You guys have a lot to learn from Muslims.

The oldest Holy city in the world and the holiest is Mecca followed by Medina follwed by Al-Qudus. Quran also refers to Al-Qudus(Jerusalem) as Al-ard Muqaddasah. You can search internet for "Al-ard Muqaddasah" and read for yourself. Al-ard Muqaddasah means a Blessed Land.

Finally, whats the noise about "honor killing" attributed to Islam?. Bigots can read this. [size=15pt]Religious Parents Beat Son To Death Inside Church Sanctuary For Refusing To Confess His Sins.[/size]
http://naijagists.com/photos-religious-parents-beat-son-to-death-inside-church-sanctuary-for-refusing-to-confess-his-sins/#comment-429831

How about this Muhammad verse? undecided

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2015
plappville:
Of course, But thats doesn't mean i should accept your insults.
I can as well do like you by saying that you are a slave to Fela's shrine but its none of my business if you even sleep in his shrine. Its your own cut of tea.

I dream of visiting his shrine as a symbol of of appreciation for what he did/contributed to the black race and hopefully sleep there if they let me. I was furious at you calling Jerusalem a holy land when it's had no positive contribution to Africa. Like I said you opened the thread to get multiple opinions. Everyone won't worship Jerusalem like you do.
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by SalC: 9:35am On Oct 16, 2015
plappville:
y
You muslims know the unique reason why Islam is connected to the site? This reason is found in the koran 17 Sura. It recounts the story of a dream Mohammed has where he takes a midnight ride grin ( al-Isra) on his flying horse al-Buraq, which had the face of a woman, the body of a horse and the tail of Peacock. The narrative of the Koran in Sura 17 describes it as follows:

Glory be to Him, who carried His servant by night from the Holy Mosque (in Mecca) to the further mosque (al-masjid al-Aqsa), the precincts of which we have blessed." The actual location of al-Aqsa (the further mosque) in Mohammed's dream ride is never mentioned. Early Muslims understood al-Aqsa metaphorically, or as a place in heaven. It was in late 7th century, the Umayyids claimed that the actual site of al-Aqsa was in fact the Temple Mount. Later the site of al-Aqsa was restricted to the mosque area at the southern end of the Temple Mount (the site of the current Al Aqsa Mosque). The original mosque, probably located on the site where Omar first prayed when he arrived in Jerusalem in 638, was built by the Umayyid Caliph al-Walid in the early 8th century. History even tells that it was destroyed by earthquakes several times and later rebuilt. If not for the false revelation of Muhammad, there wont be a mosque built There. Falsehood results to false claim.. undecided
And to think there was no mosque in Jerusalem when the guy did his midnight flight neither did he ever implied he flew to jerusalem yet they came and built a mosque so many years later and named it Al-aqsa just to cause trouble.

1 Like

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Rich4god(m): 9:40am On Oct 16, 2015
SalC:
Where is this temple today?
Somewhere close to the dome of the rock....
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by SalC: 9:40am On Oct 16, 2015
Now imagine a group of people being restricted from visiting their holiest site so that another group can maintain the status quo of their 3rd holiest site.

*sounds crazy*
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Rich4god(m): 9:42am On Oct 16, 2015
SalC:
And to think there was no mosque in Jerusalem when the guy did his midnight flight neither did he ever implied he flew to jerusalem yet they came and built a mosque so many years later and named it Al-aqsa just to cause trouble.
lol.... it's not about causing trouble. It might be our of necessity/development. You know, they were once in control of Jerusalem for almost 6 century. So, the will definitely need a place of worship.
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by SalC: 9:45am On Oct 16, 2015
Rich4god:
Somewhere close to the dome of the rock....
In the real sense of it, it no longer exist because it has been replaced by the dome of the rock
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by SalC: 9:47am On Oct 16, 2015
Rich4god:
lol.... it's not about causing trouble. It might be our of necessity/development. You know, they were once in control of Jerusalem for almost 6 century. So, the will definitely need a place of worship.
I am not against them having a place of worship but why build their 3rd holiest site on the temple mount knowing too well what that place mean to the jews.

3 Likes

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Rich4god(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2015
SalC:
Now imagine a group of people being restricted from visiting their holiest site so that another group can maintain the status quo of their 3rd holiest site.

*sounds crazy*
The general problem now is Israeli occupation of Gaza and the numerous terrorist cells that are springing up in Palestine/Gaza. When Jerusalem was under Muslim control, no body was barred from the holy Land, but non Muslims got to pay fine.

And prior to the Gaza crisis, no religion was barred from accessing their holy land.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Rich4god(m): 9:51am On Oct 16, 2015
SalC:
In the real sense of it, it no longer exist because it has been replaced by the dome of the rock
Yep... That's right.
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Annunaki(m): 9:55am On Oct 16, 2015
SalC:
SalC:
I am not against them having a place of worship but why build their 3rd holiest site on the temple mount knowing too well what that place mean to the jews.

Muslims and islam are really extremely very pathetic scum of the earth.

1 Like

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Rich4god(m): 10:02am On Oct 16, 2015
SalC:
Well am not defending any party here. But since one have power, one can do whatever he or she likes. Cos am pretty sure they never thought that one day, they will loose grip of it.
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by SalC: 10:08am On Oct 16, 2015
Rich4god:
The general problem now is Israeli occupation of Gaza and the numerous terrorist cells that are springing up in Palestine/Gaza. When Jerusalem was under Muslim control, no body was barred from the holy Land, but non Muslims got to pay fine.

And prior to the Gaza crisis, no religion was barred from accessing their holy land.
Israel is not occupying Gaza, in fact Israel completely withdrew from Gaza in 2005 except you are talking of the blockade they put in place after Hamas took over the leadership of Gaza.
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Rich4god(m): 10:24am On Oct 16, 2015
SalC:
Israel is not occupying Gaza, in fact Israel completely withdrew from Gaza in 2005 except you are talking of the blockade they put in place after Hamas took over the leadership of Gaza.
Because of the Hamas, Israeli troops are still in Gaza. That's why there is always clashes between them and Gazans.
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by SalC: 10:55am On Oct 16, 2015
Rich4god:
Because of the Hamas, Israeli troops are still in Gaza. That's why there is always clashes between them and Gazans.
I think you are talking of west bank here
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Empiree: 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
plappville:

How about this Muhammad verse? undecided
And what's this verse (8:12) has to do with my statement above?.
Empiree: As holy as Jerusalem can be, controlled by Zionist Jews, is the real reason this Holy City of Qudus (Jerusalem) is not peaceful. When it was Muslims in control it was peaceful.
^ Is there any correlation btw them?. No, of course.
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Empiree: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
plappville:
y

You are so clueless. You have no idea of the history of the prophet(SAW) and in Medina where dealt with Jews whose qibla was towards Jerusalem and he joined them facing same direction (Jerusalem) before it was changed. Anyways, we live that story for another day. By the way, it is clear we are talking about Masjid and or 'Jewish temple' here. But you are a christian. Clearly, you have no business in Jerusalem and Middle east. You have no reference(Christianity) and claim to the Holy place whatsoever other than Jesus(AS) was born there. So now you defending the very same people who killed you man-god. You are puzzled indeed!
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Empiree: 12:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
plappville:

You level of reasoning is very shallow. You have just proved it. Do you have to single out the action of one parents to tag Christianity? Can you bring out a verses from the Christians bible teaching parents should beat thier kids to death if they refused to confess thier sin. Only then will you make sense. Did Jesus kill? Did he forgive sins? Did her authorised killing if a sinner refuses to denounce his sin? Answer there question with the bible then u make sense. I can show u verse from the koran where Muhammad authorised killing, hence the all terrorists attack we see today.
@bolded, exactly. When so called muslim parents from pakistan did the same you blamed Islam. smh. Dont these things happen in Nigerian churches even-though it is usually church members and pastors?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Empiree: 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
plappville:

WhY WILL THERE BE PEACE IN JERUSALEM WHEN ISLAM IS PRESENT?
Olodo. Was Islam not there before establishment of Israel in 1948?. Wasn't the place peaceful prior to Balfour Declaration by the British christian/Zionist terrorists?.

YOU THINK U CAN COME HERE AND FAKE PEOPLE AS U DO IN THE ISLAMIC SECTION. OF COUSE WE CANT ACCEPT TO CONFESS to accept MUHAMED in other to enter the islam forum. THATS WHY YOU HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO POST ALL UR LIES IN DEFENDING ISLAM. There is no peace in Mecca either, and by the way, if the Jews built a Synagogue about 50 meters away from the so called holy site of Mecca, blood will flow each passing day. Dont comehere and tell me you know my parentvand grand parents more than me. Islam is a fabrication. Thier site is Jerusalem is just for a purpose.
Whats this nonsense all about?. Who forces you to make Islamic declaration? yeye. You still defending your man-god killers. Dont you think you make absolutely no sense.

And where is bombs going off in Mecca and Medina?. You can hardly see that. The reason is in the Quran because it is a place of PEACE & SECURITY.

Qur'an speaks. (2:125)

"Remember We made the House a place of assembly for men and a place of safety; and take ye the station of Abraham as a place of prayer; and We covenanted with Abraham and Isma'il, that they should sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or use it as a retreat, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer)." Yusuf Ali

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Rich4god(m): 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
SalC:
I think you are talking of west bank here
Nope... I talking about Gaza. Israeli troops are there, and they intermittently clash with the locals. Even today, more IDF were sent to there in preparation for the day of rage.
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Annunaki(m): 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
Empiree:
Olodo. Was Islam not there before establishment of Israel in 1948?. Wasn't the place peaceful prior to Balfour Declaration by the British christian/Zionist terrorists?.

Whats this nonsense all about?. Who forces you to make Islamic declaration? yeye. You still defending your man-god killers. Dont you think you make absolutely no sense.

And where is bombs going off in Mecca and Medina?. You can hardly see that. The reason is in the Quran because it is a place of PEACE & SECURITY.

"Remember We made the House a place of assembly for men and a place of safety; and take ye the station of Abraham as a place of prayer; and We covenanted with Abraham and Isma'il, that they should sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or use it as a retreat, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer)." Yusuf Ali

It's suppose to be a place of safety according to the quoran yet the devil resides there and stones pilgrims to dearth every year plus including crane accidents, can you now see it's obvious your quoran is full of lies?

2 Likes

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Empiree: 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
Annunaki:

It's suppose to be a place of safety according to the quoran yet the devil resides there and stones pilgrims to dearth every year plus including crane accidents, can you now see it's obvious your quoran is full of lies?
E be like say dem dey smoke igbo for your brain. Obviously, any sincere NL member knows that violence, trouble and unrest I am talking about; which happens daily in the Zionist-Jewish terrorists controlled Jerusalem.

Let's be reasonable a for a second, let's assume crane accident and stampede occur annually, how's that act of violence and unrest compare delebrate killings of innocent people at Masjid al-aqsa?. For the rest of the yr up until next Hajj, we may not hear about stampede or crane accident again unlike daily violence concocted by your zionist masters. smh for your weed-head and the one who gives you 'like'.

3 Likes

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by plappville(f): 4:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
ifeness:

I dream of visiting his shrine as a symbol of of appreciation for what he did/contributed to the black race and hopefully sleep there if they let me. I was furious at you calling Jerusalem a holy land when it's had no positive contribution to Africa. Like I said you opened the thread to get multiple opinions. Everyone won't worship Jerusalem like you do.

Good for you. If dreaming of it makes you feel good why not. Keep it up. I am happy exposing a murderer like Muhammad. Abi none of ur family or friend has been victims of muslim terrorist acts? They kill innocent people just because Muhammed authorised it in the koran. There are so many peaceful religion out there who cares.

Talking of contribution to Africa, even Fela that has risked all his life to condemned the evil deeds of our leaders what happened to Him? Did tis efforts change Nigeria much. undecided no be still the suffering and smiling people dey still dey go through? My dear please let me be with my JERUSALEM matter. It makes me feel good inside me just like ur Fela shrine .. tongue

1 Like

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by plappville(f): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
Empiree:
And what's this verse (8:12) has to do with my statement above?.
^ It there any correlation btw them?. No, of course.

Brainless YOU, it has everything to do with the picture you posted about a parent that forcefully killed thier child. I asked u if Jesus killed, or authorised christians to kill? If no, then this parent are not Christian. Unlike Muhammed who gave the authourity to kill. I presented you that verse for a prove and asking you to provide from the bible where Jesus or his Apostles killed anyone....you are very shallow headed man. THINK OF IT:.... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by Annunaki(m): 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
Empiree:
E be like say dem dey smoke igbo for your brain. Obviously, any sincere NL member knows that violence, trouble and unrest I am talking about; which happens daily in the Zionist-Jewish terrorists controlled Jerusalem.

Let's be reasonable a for a second, let's assume crane accident and stampede occur annually, how's that act of violence and unrest compare delebrate killings of innocent people at Masjid al-aqsa?. For the rest of the yr up until next Hajj, we may not hear about stampede or crane accident again unlike daily violence concocted by your zionist masters. smh for your weed-head and the one who gives you 'like'.

You are a Real dunce, the quoran verse you quoted states that mecca is a place of safety yet your allahh can't keep pilgrims safe there every year, is that not evidence that allahh is a liar? That said the violence that takes place in israel today is always 100% instigated by islamist. Remove muslims from Jerusalem today and peace will return to jerusalem.
Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by plappville(f): 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
Empiree:
You are so clueless. You have no idea of the history of the prophet(SAW) and in Medina where dealt with Jews whose qibla was towards Jerusalem and he joined them facing same direction (Jerusalem) before it was changed. Anyways, we live that story for another day.

Your prophets has no good history but bad one that is still till date.

By the way, it is clear we are talking about Masjid and or 'Jewish temple' here. But you are a christian. Clearly, you have no business in Jerusalem and Middle east.
You have no reference(Christianity) and claim to the Holy place whatsoever other than Jesus(AS) was born there.
I have Interest my dear. That same site was where the lord Jesus worshiped. The bible teaches that Jesus worshiped at Herod’s Temple and it was there that He prophesied the destruction of the temple.(Matthew 24:1–2). Jesus’ prophecy was fulfilled when the temple was destroyed by the Roman army in AD 70.

[24 Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple.
2 But he answered them, “You see all these, do you not? Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.”

So now you defending the very same people who killed you man-god. You are puzzled indeed!

I am a Christian not muslim. Who am i to hate the Jews because they killed Jesus? It was a prophecy that was fulfilled. Jesus himself forgave the Jews for what they did.

1 Like

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by plappville(f): 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
Empiree:
@boldd, exactly. When so called muslim parents from pakistan did the same you blamed Islam. smh. Dont these things happen in Nigerian churches even-though it is usually church members and pastors?.
Muhammed killed and authorised killing so its normal for a muslim to kill. Cant you read and understand your koran? Jesus no did not kill nor advised anyone to kill in his doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by plappville(f): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
Empiree:

See who is calling someone olodo is the biggest olodo in NL. Islam was not there. The platform /temple Mount area that sustained the Dome of the Rock and Mosque was built in the first century AD under the rule of Herod the Great as part of his "rebuilding" of the second Jewish Temple. How can Islam mosque be there at this time when the terror founder himself was not born? That site belongs to the JEWISH people.

2 Likes

Re: Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World by plappville(f): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Annunaki:

That is ummm, you just spoke my mind here needless to qoute him. The malam didnt remember that the holiest site is where OGA Satan lives. Satan take thier yearly offerings by drinking thier blood. People die there yearly yet the koran calls it a place of safty grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ages Of Prophets / Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? / Pastor Poju Oyemade In The House!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.