Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Netherlands Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Netherlands Visa (9205 Views)

Traveling To Netherlands / We No Longer Issue Visas To Nigerians – Netherlands Embassy / Netherlands Visa Application - Please I need information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Netherlands Visa by kess12(m): 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2015
Good day everyone please am new on nairaland and i will love to get inquiries on how to get a visa to Netherland am a first time traveller.
Re: Netherlands Visa by kess12(m): 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2015
I met a dutch girl on a dating site for 2 years now and she wants me to come and visit her for 3 weeks and see if we can plan a future together. I am a cook in Nigeria for a white man ( dutch) and my boss has promised to help with my travel expenses to Netherlands please i need help on how to go about it as i have never travel out of Nigeria before. Please can anyone advise me

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Visa by Mossaino(m): 4:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
You probably need a Schengen Visa for you to visit the Netherlands. I think you can ask your wife to be to send you an Invitation letter to make things easier with the applicant processing. Anyway, you can google the procedures online and get more information on what and what you need to do. Good luck on your quest!
Re: Netherlands Visa by kess12(m): 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2015
Thanks so much mossaino but do i need to tell them at the embassy that she is my girlfriend and if i wish to get married to her in Holland will my visiting visa allow me to do so?
Re: Netherlands Visa by sobastical: 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2015
kess12:
Thanks so much mossaino but do i need to tell them at the embassy that she is my girlfriend and if i wish to get married to her in Holland will my visiting visa allow me to do so?

Go for visit first... everything is all about a good plan you can't just start a process and expect to get to your desire destination like that, visit the lady first and see how things goes between both the you can talk things out with her on your staying and it's gonna be much easier as a citizen as per filing the papers though it might take some time but it's worth the wait.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netherlands Visa by Schipolkky2211: 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2015
find your way to the embassy at lekki you should be applying for schegen tourist visa.
How do I apply for a Schengen Visa?

First and foremost, one has to download the application form and fill it in cautiously and honestly. The application form has the same format no matter which country’s visa it is that the applicant is applying for.

Bear in mind that:

One shall download the latest form of the application since that is the only form accepted.
The application form can be filled in either by handwriting or by typing into it. The applicant has to sign the form in the corresponding gaps.
Careful not to leave any columns blank. If the applicant feels that there are columns that don’t correspond to his/her matter, fill them with NA (No Answer)
If the applicant is a minor, the parents have to submit a written consent and also sign in the corresponding column of the application form
In case the applicant is filling the form by hand, using black color is recommended.

Where should the applicant apply?

It is true that once issued a Schengen visa, one is eligible to travel within the whole Schengen zone being that the visa Schengen bureaucracy is the same in every Schengen country, however there are some predetermined rules and regulations due to where/which embassy/consulate must the applicant apply in for a Schegen visa in order to be traveling to their desired Schengen destination.

In cases where the applicant will be traveling to one and only one Schengen country, the applicant has to apply at the appropriate embassy/consulate of the certain country. Whereas if the applicant is planning to visit two or more Schengen countries, it is highly recommended to be applying for the visa in the embassy/consulate of the country you will be residing in for most of the traveling days, referred to as the main destination. In case there is no main destination but just a random visit to several Schengen countries, the applicant has to apply for the visa in the embassy/consulate on the first Schengen country he/she will enter according to the itinerary.

Once it’s determined in which embassy/consulate one will apply in, the applicant will apply in the embassy/consulate of that country that has jurisdiction of over at your place of residence.
When is it that one has to apply?

Unfortunately there is no fixed answer to this particular question due to different time-frame policies of the embassies/consulates in different parts of the world. Nevertheless it’s highly recommended to apply for a Schengen visa around six weeks prior to ones departure, in order to make your trip as planned.

Although it takes no more than 72 hours for processing a visa in general, there are times when this process takes quite much longer, for 14 up to 21 days in some countries concerning some citizens.

In some embassies you are able to walk in at any time and submit the documentation meanwhile in some other you MUST make an appointment prior. If you are planning to travel on a short term, the appointment must be made no more than 6 weeks in advance. This rule doesn’t apply to the applicants who are applying for a long-term visa.
What happens if there is no embassy/consulate of the certain Schengen country in the applicant’s place of residence?

In some third world countries there might not be an embassy/consulate of the particular Schengen country you need the visa issued from. Nevertheless, that doesn’t pose any problems since in these cases there are embassy/consulate representatives of the country that represents the interests of the country in the matter as well as their own which are responsible to issue the applicant the required visa.

In case the applicant is denied the visa due to inability to provide the necessary documentation or proof that he/she meets the standards to be traveling in a Schengen zone there is a possibility to apply again at the embassy/consulate of their desired destination in a neighboring country.
Can I apply for a Schengen visa in a country where I am not a resident?

Yes. If you must apply for a Schengen visa in a country where you are not a resident, the justification why you are applying from that country will suffice.

The applicant must attend the designated meeting in person when handing the application form and the attached documentation. At the consulate, the applicant shall not be accompanied unless he/she is a minor, of sensitive health or not able to perform any locomotive activity. In case the applicant is not able to speak English or the language of the Schengen country whose consulate he/she is applying in company is recommended.
If you fail to attend the embassy/consulate appointment without a prior notice of 48 hours the request will be cancelled and you will have to undergo the procedure once again.
Beware!

Although the applicant submits all the required documentation and proof the consulate/embassy has the authority to deny him/her the visa since there is no right to a Schengen visa whatsoever. The magnitude of the documentation will assure the applicant that the request is accepted and will be preceded yet it’s never a guarantee to an issued Schengen visa. Regarding this matter it’s highly recommended not to make non refundable travel arrangement prior to getting the visa.
What do I do if I urge to extend the Schengen visa?

In case of any trustworthy reasons, personal, occupational, medical or otherwise, the applicant has to turn to the corresponding institutions in the Schengen country of residence and apply for an extension of the Schengen visa. The extended Schengen visa will give the applicant the right to visit the same Schengen territory as the original visa issued. A visa extension may not result in duration of stay exceeding 90 days. Go to the web and get other information.

2 Likes

Re: Netherlands Visa by kess12(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
Thanks schipolkky2211 but my boss (dutch man) has promised to pay for my trip to holland will that be allowed?
Re: Netherlands Visa by Obinnio: 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
Oga Schipolkky2211 well done, you've practically detailed everything here,thanks Boss,but please can you drop the link to download the form, and please can you detaill the documents and requirements one has to provide to avoid Visa denial,I am for German tourist Visa,will tour Austria and Belgium,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netherlands Visa by justwise(m): 8:10am On Oct 16, 2015
@macho44

If you don't want to ask your question openly here than stop posting in this section.

22. Don't ask Nairaland members for contact details (email, phone, bbpin) or investments That is the rule.
Re: Netherlands Visa by pansophist(m): 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
kess12:

There are many things you are not taking into considerations, which previous posters had also failed to adressed as well. Firstly, dont call her your girlfriend, she is not. You havent met her before except communication via internet, and the only impression you both have about each other are virtual. Telling the embassy that you are going to visit your '' online girlfriend'' and plan to get married afterwards is laughable. A visa is temporary in nature therfore, exposing your intention to build a life together with a girl you have never met before constitute a ''proven risk'' of a prospective visa abuser. I can guarantee you that you will get a straight denial.

Now let's assume that you got a visa as a tourist and visit her, be aware that you wont be able to get married in Netherlands with her. If a foreigner (without Dutch PR or nationality) is getting married in the NL, you will have to fill a form called M46, the M46 is a request from the Dutch government if you can get married in NL. Your marriage notification will be sent to IND (Immigration department) to confirm if you both can get married. In your own case, the IND will invite you and your prospective spouse for an interview and try to determine if its not a marriage of convenience. From what I seems to notice, you wont be granted a right to get married to her because you cant prove that you have known each other in a convincable way (online communication will not be accepted). I also doubt if a 3 months tourist visa would be long enough to complete this bereaucratic process.

I dont even want to go into the stress that married couples have to pass through just to bring their partner in NL but to give you a glimpse, your wife must be working and earning at least 1500euros monthly with a valid contract for at least one year. You will have to learn Dutch first in Nigeria, pass the exam and meet other strenuous requirements, to say the least. It is very difficult. Getting married doesnt confer to you a right or even a priviledge to live here and for this reasons, many Dutch citizens have choosed to live abroad with their Non EU spouse due to hate the Dutch government have for immigrants.

If you need links to any of the above or need further clarification, mention me and I can try to answer if its within my knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Netherlands Visa by kess12(m): 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2015
Thanks bros pansophist i will like to know more
Re: Netherlands Visa by pansophist(m): 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
kess12:
Thanks bros pansophist i will like to know more

Be specific. Know more about what ?
Re: Netherlands Visa by kess12(m): 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ok bros, my boss (dutch man) has promised to pay for my trip to holland will that be allowed and what try of documents do i need from the lady to apply for a visa?
Re: Netherlands Visa by pansophist(m): 2:58am On Oct 17, 2015
kess12:
Ok bros, my boss (dutch man) has promised to pay for my trip to holland will that be allowed and what try of documents do i need from the lady to apply for a visa?

The most important thing the embassy need to be convinced when issueing a tourist visa is the chances of you returning to your departing country. I dont think been sponsored by your boss is an issue, but it looks very fishy. First of all, is your boss sending you to NL for work training? or your boss is so nice that he will be sponsoring your trip to go see a girl you have never met before?

Do you have any strong tie that will convince the embassy that you will be back? Any properties? Are you studying? do you have a contract from your boss with pay slips and tax documents? any business? The burden of convincing the embassy that you will return is your duty and even if your intention is to come back, you will most likely be denied if you cant documentarily prove it.

Unfortunately, getting a tourist visa for Nigerians is very hard, a pre-emptive measure to intercept visa overstayers. If your ''online girlfriend'' can visit you in Nigeria first, then moving with her to Europe will be very easy through the EU route.
Re: Netherlands Visa by kess12(m): 9:35am On Oct 17, 2015
Gud morning bros. I have 2 lands and i have a job contract with my boss but no pay slip as my salary is been paid into my account.
Re: Netherlands Visa by pansophist(m): 12:47pm On Oct 17, 2015
kess12:
Gud morning bros. I have 2 lands and i have a job contract with my boss but no pay slip as my salary is been paid into my account.

Everything I say here is mere predictions, you should go to the embassy and apply. I cant guarantee anything here.
Re: Netherlands Visa by kess12(m): 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ok thanks i will keep you posted
Re: Netherlands Visa by Schipolkky2211: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2015
Obinnio:
Oga Schipolkky2211 well done, you've practically detailed everything here,thanks Boss,but please can you drop the link to download the form, and please can you detaill the documents and requirements one has to provide to avoid Visa denial,I am for German tourist Visa,will tour Austria and Belgium,

you can visit the link for more information. but first your host has to send you an invitation letter. As i n the case of your boss sponsoring your trip, that is not a problem at the embassy all you need to do is to submit your boss's statement of account alongside your application. pray pray and pray as they may think you are an immigrant in disguise that won't want to come back. so think of a genuine reason to back up your invitation. http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-application-requirements/
Re: Netherlands Visa by Schipolkky2211: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2015
kess12:
Thanks schipolkky2211 but my boss (dutch man) has promised to pay for my trip to holland will that be allowed?

you can visit the link for more information. but first your host has to send you an invitation letter. As i n the case of your boss sponsoring your trip, that is not a problem at the embassy all you need to do is to submit your boss's statement of account alongside your application. pray pray and pray as they may think you are an immigrant in disguise that won't want to come back. so think of a genuine reason to back up your invitation. http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-application-requirements/
Re: Netherlands Visa by kess12(m): 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
bros pansophist good afternoon I will be coming to lagos on Wednesday to summit my visa application. But am having a little problem and I will need some help. In my passport i only use two names and on my land documents I have 3 names please will that be a problem? Please advise me
Re: Netherlands Visa by pansophist(m): 7:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
kess12:
bros pansophist good afternoon I will be coming to lagos on Wednesday to summit my visa application. But am having a little problem and I will need some help. In my passport i only use two names and on my land documents I have 3 names please will that be a problem? Please advise me

I don't think it should be a problem.
Re: Netherlands Visa by kess12(m): 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
Thanks so much and please is it advisable to allow a courier to deliver the passport because i Base in port hacourt
Re: Netherlands Visa by fjjc(m): 10:41am On Jul 12, 2016
Schipolkky2211:
find your way to the embassy at lekki you should be applying for schegen tourist visa.
How do I apply for a Schengen Visa?

First and foremost, one has to download the application form and fill it in cautiously and honestly. The application form has the same format no matter which country’s visa it is that the applicant is applying for.

Bear in mind that:

One shall download the latest form of the application since that is the only form accepted.
The application form can be filled in either by handwriting or by typing into it. The applicant has to sign the form in the corresponding gaps.
Careful not to leave any columns blank. If the applicant feels that there are columns that don’t correspond to his/her matter, fill them with NA (No Answer)
If the applicant is a minor, the parents have to submit a written consent and also sign in the corresponding column of the application form
In case the applicant is filling the form by hand, using black color is recommended.

Where should the applicant apply?

It is true that once issued a Schengen visa, one is eligible to travel within the whole Schengen zone being that the visa Schengen bureaucracy is the same in every Schengen country, however there are some predetermined rules and regulations due to where/which embassy/consulate must the applicant apply in for a Schegen visa in order to be traveling to their desired Schengen destination.

In cases where the applicant will be traveling to one and only one Schengen country, the applicant has to apply at the appropriate embassy/consulate of the certain country. Whereas if the applicant is planning to visit two or more Schengen countries, it is highly recommended to be applying for the visa in the embassy/consulate of the country you will be residing in for most of the traveling days, referred to as the main destination. In case there is no main destination but just a random visit to several Schengen countries, the applicant has to apply for the visa in the embassy/consulate on the first Schengen country he/she will enter according to the itinerary.

Once it’s determined in which embassy/consulate one will apply in, the applicant will apply in the embassy/consulate of that country that has jurisdiction of over at your place of residence.
When is it that one has to apply?

Unfortunately there is no fixed answer to this particular question due to different time-frame policies of the embassies/consulates in different parts of the world. Nevertheless it’s highly recommended to apply for a Schengen visa around six weeks prior to ones departure, in order to make your trip as planned.

Although it takes no more than 72 hours for processing a visa in general, there are times when this process takes quite much longer, for 14 up to 21 days in some countries concerning some citizens.

In some embassies you are able to walk in at any time and submit the documentation meanwhile in some other you MUST make an appointment prior. If you are planning to travel on a short term, the appointment must be made no more than 6 weeks in advance. This rule doesn’t apply to the applicants who are applying for a long-term visa.
What happens if there is no embassy/consulate of the certain Schengen country in the applicant’s place of residence?

In some third world countries there might not be an embassy/consulate of the particular Schengen country you need the visa issued from. Nevertheless, that doesn’t pose any problems since in these cases there are embassy/consulate representatives of the country that represents the interests of the country in the matter as well as their own which are responsible to issue the applicant the required visa.

In case the applicant is denied the visa due to inability to provide the necessary documentation or proof that he/she meets the standards to be traveling in a Schengen zone there is a possibility to apply again at the embassy/consulate of their desired destination in a neighboring country.
Can I apply for a Schengen visa in a country where I am not a resident?

Yes. If you must apply for a Schengen visa in a country where you are not a resident, the justification why you are applying from that country will suffice.

The applicant must attend the designated meeting in person when handing the application form and the attached documentation. At the consulate, the applicant shall not be accompanied unless he/she is a minor, of sensitive health or not able to perform any locomotive activity. In case the applicant is not able to speak English or the language of the Schengen country whose consulate he/she is applying in company is recommended.
If you fail to attend the embassy/consulate appointment without a prior notice of 48 hours the request will be cancelled and you will have to undergo the procedure once again.
Beware!

Although the applicant submits all the required documentation and proof the consulate/embassy has the authority to deny him/her the visa since there is no right to a Schengen visa whatsoever. The magnitude of the documentation will assure the applicant that the request is accepted and will be preceded yet it’s never a guarantee to an issued Schengen visa. Regarding this matter it’s highly recommended not to make non refundable travel arrangement prior to getting the visa.
What do I do if I urge to extend the Schengen visa?

In case of any trustworthy reasons, personal, occupational, medical or otherwise, the applicant has to turn to the corresponding institutions in the Schengen country of residence and apply for an extension of the Schengen visa. The extended Schengen visa will give the applicant the right to visit the same Schengen territory as the original visa issued. A visa extension may not result in duration of stay exceeding 90 days. Go to the web and get other information.
How can download schengen visa in order to apply for the visa
Re: Netherlands Visa by abid4akin(m): 10:33am On Apr 23, 2018
Hi everyone, I got a diversity scholarship from Pydata, for a 3 day conference with which the registration fee for the 3days are waived. However, I'll be paying for my travel. So I want to know if I'll have to pay for visa and flight for the conference or will only have to pay for flight

(1) (Reply)

Opinion : 6 Ways Accidents Can Be Reduced In Nigeria / Need Information On Travel Insurance For Schengen Countries / Help !! How Can I Get To "Jibowu"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.