Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Restaurants Review - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Restaurants Review (6337 Views)

8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja / Ibadan Restaurants / Nigerian Restaurants In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restaurants Review by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 30, 2009
Pasha: http://www.pasha-restaurant.co.uk/
now, i must say, this restaurant is da shitnitz.

the arabian-village-like setting did it for me. very homely
the sofa's are very comfortable. the lights are dim but bright enough to see the food you are eating.
you might be tempted to get ur freak on in one of the huts that looks like a cubicle or vice versa.

guys guys guys, they've got belly dancers with massive tittays. They come out in the evenings (between 7 and 9pm).

unfortunately, you'd have to book in advance (couple of days) but they are very customer friendly.
food doesnt take that long to arrive but be very be careful when they bring their appetizers. dem things are bloody expensive.
Re: Restaurants Review by tpiah: 3:07am On Apr 30, 2009
amebo22:

That could be true but i think the reason is cos they confuse spanish food with mexican food and find it difficult to draw the line. Thanks for the LA review.

nah, I dont differentiate between the two.

Fried ice cream is Mexican, right? I had that at some Mexican restaurant once but I dont recall the name.

In any case, I liked Chipotle when I ate there.
Re: Restaurants Review by SeanT21(f): 4:29am On Apr 30, 2009
Golden Corall: The food is average. I don't see any thing special about the place.

Hibachi Grill : The best Chinese food in the world. So GOOD!! YUM!!

Buffalo Wild Wings: Good food but rather expensive
Re: Restaurants Review by SeanT21(f): 4:33am On Apr 30, 2009
wink

Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 4:41am On Apr 30, 2009
with golden coral i really dont fancy it but i can go there when i dont ve a choice or somtin, hibaichi looks really good reminds me of sakura or benihama,
and buffalo wings i have not tried that yet. tks for stopping by and good pix effect i must at Sean T
Re: Restaurants Review by SeanT21(f): 6:42am On Apr 30, 2009
amebo22:

with golden coral i really don't fancy it but i can go there when i don't ve a choice or somtin, hibaichi looks really good reminds me of sakura or benihama,
and buffalo wings i have not tried that yet. tks for stopping by and good pix effect i must at Sean T

No problem!!

I been to sakura back when I lived in Maryland. A friend of mine had her bday there. The food was delicious. They cooked the food right in front of us. The chef was playing with the fire while making the food and it scared the crap outta me. A wonderful experience though.

You should try Buffalo Wild Wings. They have good food. The wings are out of this world. The atmosphere is really warm. You can eat and enjoy your favorite sports at the same time
Re: Restaurants Review by Hauwa1: 6:50am On Apr 30, 2009
SeanT, we call Buffalo BWW3 grin

Have you tried their 'BLAZING'? grin that thing is hot and i love it cheesy
Re: Restaurants Review by Epi: 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2009
i see nothing wrong with TGIF, at least the one I go to now and then undecided

much love
Re: Restaurants Review by SeanT21(f): 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2009
*Hauwa*:

SeanT, we call Buffalo BWW3 grin

Have you tried their 'BLAZING'? grin that thing is hot and i love it cheesy

NO,NOT YET!! embarassed

Have not been there in a long tyme!! undecided
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 6:16am On May 01, 2009
Hi everyone I promised to check out TGI friday and i did today , i ordered the Friday's shrimp i think that is the name it comes with fries and sauce, i love shrimp, The food was good , I went during happy hour, the atmosphere is ok but kai the noise ehhhhhhhn one of the contributors mentioned the noise , men its either becos the alcohol was cheap or i just ve no clue, if you ever have a headache dont just go there, or just order take out if they do that,
the price was affordable, Thanks you all, tot i give you an update if not for this thread i dont think i would ve gone there.
Re: Restaurants Review by SeanT21(f): 6:30pm On May 01, 2009
amebo22:

Hi everyone I promised to check out TGI friday and i did today , i ordered the Friday's shrimp i think that is the name it comes with fries and sauce, i love shrimp, The food was good , I went during happy hour, the atmosphere is ok but kai the noise ehhhhhhhn one of the contributors mentioned the noise , men its either becos the alcohol was cheap or i just ve no clue, if you ever have a headache dont just go there, or just order take out if they do that,
the price was affordable, Thanks you all, tot i give you an update if not for this thread i dont think i would ve gone there.

Happy HOUR? I will have to give it a try.
Re: Restaurants Review by tpiah: 6:32pm On May 01, 2009
they even have the noise on their website cheesy
Re: Restaurants Review by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:51pm On May 01, 2009
lmao some loon probbaly told them it was their birthday. Cant stand it. Not sure if i can take such noise ontop free cake
Re: Restaurants Review by DisGuy: 3:21pm On May 03, 2009
no restaurants in nigeria? or none worth reviewing? undecided
Re: Restaurants Review by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:49pm On May 03, 2009
berra ask for Iya Basira review
Re: Restaurants Review by Hauwa1: 7:38pm On May 03, 2009
ewww those sweat falling into Iya's food. do pple still eat at Iya's buka? lipsrsealed

but that their rice sweet sha, rice ati kpomo cool
Re: Restaurants Review by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:50pm On May 03, 2009
Cant eat at buka nitemi.

I barely like eating food at Naija parties talkless of some "wash my yansh" buka
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 5:43am On May 04, 2009
Dis Guy:

no restaurants in nigeria? or none worth reviewing? undecided
No one wanted to bring it up, Anyways i would give[b] juice and grillade[/b] a good review, the place is awesome ve nice food though i always order poundy and egusi soup it always beat thier rice . I love thier cake,its soft and creamy and its awesome ,they have this view on the balcony where you can sit outside and eat your meal if you choose to.
VIP restaurant: could be busy i mean real busy during lunch hour but the size of the meat is enuf for a whole meal. i probaly do not like the location because its in the heart of terminus but its really good for business and the price range is just alitte above average. Did i forget to mention that thier goat meat(ogufe) is just tasty and great.
I ve not been able to reproduce the exact way they make this road side roasted yam with palmoil, i just dont mind skipping lunch to get a piece of that yam , sorry they ve no name them but the lady make awesome roasted yam with beans and oil, wow, i just need a taste.
I have heard alot about barcardi lounge but did not visit cos of the pricey tag they have but i would not mind a review from anyone.pls, thanks yall
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 5:50am On May 04, 2009
@ThiefOfHearts my guess is either you ve neva eaten at one or effizzy, Nija rice parties are really good and tasty dont know y you dont like it. Not to even mention the stew at the buka , i dont know how they do it cos its soo tasty and easy to get addicted.you should try it even if its for the heck of it, But i have to say that the last time i ate at a buka n that was my last was wen i had a delicious plate jollof rice, fried fish ,plantain, it just went the wrong way and i puked my guts out wen i got home, though it only happened once my friends that we went to try the place out were fine but i guess my immunity was low but that does not make you want to miss out on the experience.
@hauwa,
that rice and thick pomo really does the trick but all and all the sweat and all that sanitary conditions is just sometin to worry about, so i dont even sit there to eat i just do take away, But this may be one or two of the things that make us build our immunity, lol, there is no research or fact to prove that just my tots lol
Re: Restaurants Review by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:00pm On May 04, 2009
why wont it be addictive when they wash their yansh in it to jazz you people. abegi
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 5:48pm On May 04, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

why wont it be addictive when they wash their yansh in it to jazz you people. abegi

lol. true but we dont ve regulations put in place to check on that aspect. Even restaurants wat makes you think is any different. Try working in the kitchen and i can assure you u will neva want to eat out side of your house again.all you can do is wish that the heat of the cooking would kill the bacteria, but really that was funny, but there is nothing like home made meal. tks for sharing
Re: Restaurants Review by JeSoul(f): 8:18pm On May 04, 2009
ROTFLOL . . . TOH you should be in comedy full time 

Amebo, me sef I am wary of naija parties . . . don't even remember the last time I went to one. Africans in general are notorious for poor cooking hygiene so I don't blame anyone who steers clear.

Review:
The Sole Proprietor.

Overall grade: Barely average
Food taste: Very average
Atmosphere: Okay
Decor & Appearance: Boring
Waiters: Good
Price: Expensive and def not worth it

Went last weekend, TSP is part of a chain of high end restaurants in Mass, but it def did not live up to any hype for me. Its a seafood restaurant but the menu somehow managed to be boring. I ended up ordering coconut shrimp in some funky sauce, minestrone soup, grilled chicken and potatoes. The only thing I liked was the soup. And at $20 - $45 bucks per entree it def was not worth it. The appearance was boring as hell. They had different kinds of fisher price toyish-looking 3D fish figures sitcking out from the wall along with framed pictures and information on the kind of fish and where it can be found . . . I came to eat, not for a biology/geography lesson. The waiters were polite but I will certainly not be going back.
Re: Restaurants Review by Epi: 4:28am On Jun 03, 2009
Here is one. Good food, good people, good everything

http://www.risesouffle.com/
Re: Restaurants Review by amebo22: 12:54am On Jun 04, 2009
@epi, this seems like a nice place. Is it possible to tell us ur favorite menu and why? tks
Re: Restaurants Review by Epi: 1:53am On Jun 07, 2009
It's an awesome place, plus one of the owners has a similiar name (Epicure) lol.

My favorite food is , just about anything. French, Latin, Caribbean, Creole/Cajun, Mediterranean, Asian, Indian, Tex-Mex, you name it. And if it's a spicy dish, I'll love love love it.
Re: Restaurants Review by maloa12: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2010
Ok, let's warm up this thread with new review. I've been in Amuse Bouche in Soho yesterday for a drink.
Type
Semi formal
Review
Very nice simple place, comfortable seats, lots of tasty types of champagne, good service.
My summary: good place for a business talk or a short meeting.
Below website of the place:
Amuse Bouche
Re: Restaurants Review by emudy: 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2010
The best restaurant to be is Valerian Finger Licking in barkin-ladi, Jos. Their meals are superb, nutritious and medicinal.
Re: Restaurants Review by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2010
Are there no restaurants in Lagos/Abuja/PH to review??
Re: Restaurants Review by Azibalua(f): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2011
Madam t restaurant
Baybridge road
For the best in kekefia and catfish pepper soup.
Re: Restaurants Review by queensmith: 10:47am On Jan 12, 2011
o God TGI. . . . TGI. . . . . . .TGI

its the only american resturant I go!
I refuse to believe food can be any better than that!

o TGi o TGI o TGI *drools*

presidential in se has good food but they are very unproffesional (no suprise there!)

I will also like to know of good restaurants in Naija actually??
Re: Restaurants Review by member67023: 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2011
OMO IBO:

Are there no restaurants in Lagos/Abuja/PH to review??
Jevnik Restaurant
ABUJA, ENUGU, CALABAR, PH and OWERRI. I am not sure about Lagos.
This is a restuarant that will satisfy your feeding needs, breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food ranges from local meals to intercontinental meals. The restuarant has its branches in abuja, enugu, calabar, ph and owerri -all in Nigeria. Try the restuarant and you will want some more.
Re: Restaurants Review by adet4real: 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
I found naijreview useful for restaurant reviews

(1) (2) (Reply)

Refuel Combo Reloaded. / World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated / Xmas Turkey Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.