Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? (42715 Views)

Photos From The Launching Of Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) / Raymond Dokpesi Unveils APDA Party (Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Her Husband At Democratic Party Convention In USA (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2015
since they are changing name, they should just go for one that is more appropriate like Peoples Corruption Party.
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:55am On Oct 16, 2015
It's better not to have a banner than to have one with a wrong inscription.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I agree.....that mistake was too prominent and embarrassing. I'm sure they saw it very late and couldn't help it. I MAY be wrong shaaa.

1 Like

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by dunkem21(m): 9:56am On Oct 16, 2015
MizMyColi:
cheesy
Thanks for the compliment.

You just dey finish them ..continue ..grin

..while you leave the clowns in the cold without answering their mentions ..
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by dunkem21(m): 9:57am On Oct 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Is it also better not to have Ministers than ones with a wrong inscription
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by Omeny: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2015
Your post simply shows u are an Apc apologist! We know u all Wailees when you make this kind dirty write up like this!
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by SeverusSnape(m): 10:04am On Oct 16, 2015
Ebukaobi:
Good morning

Which engineering course are u doing??

undecided

Do you study in Yoloba land ? The people u hate so much??

I don't study in "yoloba" land. I don't hate Yorubas.

I dislike Mohammedans undecided

I know you're not Igbo. You're just using this moniker for trolling.
grin

I school in "Igbo" land. cheesy
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:04am On Oct 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
Still playing the opposition while in power as Nigeria continue to burn to the ground?

You guys and your followers are suffering from the poor man's syndrome - When a poor fellow stumbles upon a wealth or status he can ever imagine ,there is this tendency that he would still remain psychologically poor.This is the APC's problem.

Wake up bro - Nigeria is on the brink.
You re just confused like d banner man. Democracy man grin
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by MizMyColi(f): 10:07am On Oct 16, 2015
dunkem21:

You just dey finish them ..continue ..grin

..while you leave the clowns in the cold without answering their mentions ..

cheesy

It's a new policy I intend to stick with for a long time.

Any poster on my blacklist who mentions me and the first part of his or her statement bothers on bile or negativity, they can be rest assured I won't bother reading the rest. I hide their comments and put them on perpetual ignorement.

Who says people with opposing views can't have a civil discourse?
If that's the norm here, must we continue to be that way?
Who e don help?

1 Like

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:09am On Oct 16, 2015
hinwazaka:
PDP I have been, PDP I will be till I die. God bless our ex-president, God bless our deputy senate President, God bless the PDP. Come 2019, the PDP will forgive your transgressions, and glue back the disunited nation, the APC will surely destroy. PDP, POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
Mumu how can dat be possible? U ll remain in opposition 4 a long time. U cant even rig election again remember. ur level of mumuology dey confuse me sef
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by genearts(m): 10:10am On Oct 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

Good Morning Madam.
You seem to be in good cheer this morning.
I can feel it.

@Discourse

If you notice, I didn't come up with an excuse or try to justify the error.
What I simply did was compare.

Okay, you sef, look am nau.
They were already in the middle of a meeting, and noticed that.
Expecting them to take it down and print another is rather unreasonable. I have a fair idea of the number of days it takes to make a good analogue banner.

If it were printed on a flex material now, that could be easily re-printed. In fact this mistake wouldn't have occurred because the computer would have notified the graphic designer.

Unlike the ministerail thread, the banner maker didn't have the luxury of an Auto-correct feature.

#GoFigure

Your hypocrisy sha.. smh

Talk truth for once make devil shame, this mistake is too major to be overlooked. We are talking about the name of your party here clearly written in bold for God sake its very shameful

To print a banner on flex does not take more than 30mins these days, and with the size of that banner the cost cannot be more than #5000. A reprint would have been very possible even if the mistake was discovered in the middle of the meeting. The truth is, iys either they didnt notice the mistake or they just didnt care just like they hv never cared abt Nigerians for the past 16 yrs

2 Likes

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by Etizz: 10:11am On Oct 16, 2015
Just because PDP lost presidential election for not up to a year, u tagged them broke, it's obvious u are on one side, but u don't judge by banner...... Thanks
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by Benjoh(m): 10:13am On Oct 16, 2015
Keep finding faults when others are progressing. It is mother language I can only mock someone of not the one you paid to learn.
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by Rexnegro(m): 10:19am On Oct 16, 2015
omenka:
It is the season of extreme scrutiny and very little go unnoticed these days.

Was "scrutinising" pictures of the first executive council meeting of PDP since her shameful defeat at the polls when something caught my eyes- it was right there on the banner hanging on the wall upon which was written Peoples Democracy Party.

Besides making them so broke, which was evident in the fact that they couldn't pay workers and contractors their outstanding wages and the use of such shoddy banner for such an important occasion and the general outlook of Wadata Plaza, it appears the defeat also affected the opposition mentally so much so that they can't seem to remember the name of their party anymore.

Remember when they made so much mockery of the then presidential flag bearer of APC, now our amiable president, over an alleged gaffe on the name of his party, well, now, it is time for them to swallow their own pill!! Remember what they say about Karma.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's hear it for the Newest Political Party in Nigeria- the Peoples Democracy Party.
they didn't change name, they. Are so confuse since they lost election to the point they all don't no their party name again...useless people.

1 Like

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by flokii: 10:25am On Oct 16, 2015
grin grin grin
CHANGE at work... no more 'democratic na democracy party'... clueless lots
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by eyesofgod: 10:28am On Oct 16, 2015
HzRF:

Which dey later move into apc

This one is not documented.
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by mavinc4u(f): 10:30am On Oct 16, 2015
Na real wah for both op and the mod that moved this to frontage. It is just an error from the person that did the banner, probably there was no time to change it and they had to manage it that way. After all BaBa once said All progressive Confidence so nobody is above a mistake.
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by MartialArt2(m): 10:34am On Oct 16, 2015
The truth is that, the amount budgeted and contracted for the banner was $500k, there was no way will ask the contractor to redesign since the person in question is a party stakeholder
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by MartialArt2(m): 10:35am On Oct 16, 2015
The truth is that, the amount budgeted and contracted for the banner was $500k, there was no way they will ask the contractor to redesign since the person in question is a party stakeholder
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by omo9ja1(m): 10:48am On Oct 16, 2015
i know fit shout o0o0o0o0
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by TRUTHTOPOWER: 11:32am On Oct 16, 2015
MizMyColi:
No one is above mistake.
This is clearly the banner designer's fault.

When compared to the Ministerail gaffe which the president personally signed and the over 200 years old constitution which Midolian used to justify the error, one can't help but think that the typographical gaffe on blast here is child's play.

Grammatically, "ministerail" passes as a spelling mistake or typographical error. why? the degree of misspelling is 1/10. "a" and "I" changed places at adjacent positions.

As for "Peoples Democracy Party" the error lies in grammar and ignorance. why? it is wrong to use a noun "democracy" to qualify another noun party. it is not an oversight that cannot be seen upon a glance at the heading. but you cannot correct what you do not know or appreciate as a horrible self-affliction.

"Peoples" ?!!!! The preamble to the Constitution says "We the People of Nigeria..." No where in the constitution do we have People in a plural case when you talk of a single country or Federation. So it is sheer ignorance for PDP to say "Peoples." Their intention actually is to use "people" in a possessive case. thus it should be "People's"

Again, it seems fitting and poetic that a party which sees Nigeria as "Peoples" should wear the emblem of divisiveness and "disunity" and live with the consequence until they purge themselves.

Take Note. Nigeria needs a vibrant opposition party more than it needs a ruling party. Govt has been formed so the watchdog must be the true champion of the people. Alas. PDP still think opposition is by "ELITIST REALIGNMENT ALONE"!

2 Likes

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by philips70(m): 11:38am On Oct 16, 2015
omenka:
These guys are hooked on steroids laced with the active ingredient Hypocrisone. Take that away from them and see them wither away like orchids in a scorched desert.

In the other instance, we see a switching of positions between two alphabets, "I" and "A", whereas in this case, we see a complete omission and change of alphabet- yet they criticise the former and call the later a "typo".

What a band of dishevelled dolts.

The problems in that banner transcends name. Is that banner what the PDP, the erstwhile largest party in Africa filled with money bags can fly on a whole NEC meeting? I will not expect to see such a poorly designed and hungry looking banner to be used for a ward meeting in Borno.

Is this not evident all the monies that was purportedly being donated by money bags and business gurus have actually been coming from our vaults? Only 5 months out of CBN's vaults and this is what we see. PDP is hungry, I will plead the APC to leave Kogi and Bayelsa states for them as taking over them will amount to no other than bullying.

It is just too glaring now that the only thing that kept the PDP together as a party was our national treasury and it is only unfortunate for them they WILL NEVER smell it again as a party.

1 Like

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by MizMyColi(f): 11:45am On Oct 16, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

"Peoples" ?!!!! The preamble to the Constitution says "We the People of Nigeria..." No where in the constitution do we have People in a plural case when you talk of a single country or Federation. So it is sheer ignorance for PDP to say "Peoples." Their intention actually is to use "people" in a possessive case. thus it should be "People's"

Good day.
Learn.

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by BALLOSKI: 11:46am On Oct 16, 2015
omenka:
Lalasticlala, abeg how you check this mata??

Midolian, Modath, Beremx, PassingShot, Egift, Caseless, Obiagelli et al, food yaf done oo!!
I laugh at your preamble.

Discobombulation has indeed set into the niche of looters called pdp.

They are in a cul-de-sac right now.
Like Lai said , four years is a short time to learn the 'ropes' of opposition. They need to remain in that state for a longer time.

6 Likes

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2015
That c should have been z;instead of democracy,should have been democrazy not to talk of democratic-Una think say the printer no know Wetin Im do!
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by BALLOSKI: 11:56am On Oct 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

Good day.
Learn.
Don't confuse yourself . There was an 'apostrophe' after 'people' to indicate possession of the democratic party by the people and this was eroded due to constant pronunciation and extensive re-printing done by those who do not care about the 'apostrophe'.

1 Like

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by Proffdada: 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
Where are the wailers?

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by MizMyColi(f): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Don't confuse yourself . There was an 'apostrophe' after 'people' to indicate possession of the democratic party by the people and this was eroded due to constant pronunciation and extensive re-printing done by those who do not care about the 'apostrophe'.

Either ways, it makes sense to me.
Let me be a determinant of when I feel confused or not.
Thanks.
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by BALLOSKI: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

Either ways, it makes sense to me.
Let me be a determinant of when I feel confused or not.
Thanks.
complacency runs in you.

1 Like

Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by ajebuter(f): 12:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
Body odour-ism and olodoism infecting all nigerians.

I no blame them.
grin
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by MizMyColi(f): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
BALLOSKI:
complacency runs in you.

I don't think I have enough of it.
I could use more.
Especially when dealing with a category of folks.
Thanks.
Re: Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? by Oblongatarh(m): 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
They have sinned against Nigeria as People's Democratic Party. They have "Repented" of their evil and have been baptised. That's why the DEMOCRATIC has changed to DEMOCRACY. Looooooool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army To Launch Operation Crocodile Smile II In South-South & South-West / Osinbajo Walks On Kpako Bridge Due To Flood (Pictured) / Governor Obaseki Visits Families Of People Killed During 2023 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.