Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) (45212 Views)

"I Laugh When I Hear Ladies In Uniform Are Stubborn" Female Frsc Official / Meet this BRT female driver who has driven Bola Tinubu and Akinwumi Ambode / Another Dangote Female Driver... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by iliyande(m): 7:22am On Oct 16, 2015
Hajiya Gambo Muhammad, a senior driver in Dangote Cement Transport Obajana, has a high popularity rate among her officers at the transport department within the company. She was 18 years when she started driving a truck.

Tell us about your up-bringing

I was born in Jajimaji, Karasuwa, Yobe State. I am 35 years old. I completed my primary school and then got married, though we later separated. I even inherited driving from my father who was a driver for a decade. Also, my brothers were drivers and I am the only female among them, that is why I joined the line of driving.

Where Did You Learn How To Drive A Truck In Particular?

I learnt how to drive through my husband. At first I usually observed how he drove and I made up my mind that one day I would also learn. Later, I began to ask him to teach me driving. The first time he disagreed on my proposal, but eventually, he agreed because he thought I would not be able to cope because it is not easy. Not every male driver can drive a truck talk more of me being a female. I insisted that I was ready to learn, so he gave the directive to his partner to teach me and that was how I began to learn.

How Many Years Have You Spent As A Driver?

I started driving since I was a teenager. I started by driving up and down the main road till I eventually became a perfect and guaranteed driver. So when my husband and I got separated, I obtained a driving license and identification card from Dangote cement Transport, Obajana. Now I have spent 12 years working with the company. We are working together with my former husband in the same company.

Usually, I prefer driving overnight. I drive around 1:30 to 3:00am in the night to everywhere I am going across the country.

How Did You Become A Part Of This Business As A Driver?

Yes, I believed that driving is a very good business and that anyone can be a part of it, so I decided on choosing it as my best option. That is the reason I am in it, even though I am a female.

What Is Your Ambition In This Business?

I thank Almighty Allah, who created me, and decide to make me a truck driver. Obviously, I obtained so many things through this business, they are uncountable. I have established a lot of businesses including transportation as well. Now as I am discussing with you, I own my personal truck which I gave to someone else to do the driving, I thank him (Almighty Allah).

I really appreciate the fact that the chairman of the company, Aliko Dangote used to offer me direct access to any one of his managers including himself. I am specially treated, better than all my colleagues everywhere we gather at any given station, whether on queue of fueling, loading or off-loading, as a result of my gender.

What Is Your Message To All Females?

Being a female by sex should not disqualify you from being a driver. I am not the only woman doing it. We are many, I am from Yobe State and Hajiya Rafi’atu is from Katsina State. We are all from the North. I see nothing difficult in it, all you need is just determination, simple.

Are You Considering Marriage?

Yes, I am considering marriage and I am ready for it. Once I get a good proposal, I will go for it.

Do You Have Children With Your Former Husband?

No, I have no child with him.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/467472/i-was-18-when-i-started-driving-a-truck-female-driver

Cc:lalasticlala

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by thebestonearth(m): 7:23am On Oct 16, 2015
ok i have seen. what next smiley?
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by dkronicle(m): 7:23am On Oct 16, 2015
Gud

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by thebestonearth(m): 7:24am On Oct 16, 2015
op is that the best you can think About?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by buzquet(m): 7:31am On Oct 16, 2015
Until she start driving her truck inside lagos.

9 Likes

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by winetapper: 7:32am On Oct 16, 2015
Hmm she strong tho
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by Tallesty1(m): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2015
Her lazy mates are online attacking men.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 16, 2015
To those ladies who depend on runs, have a rethink... there are other good businesses u can do than endangering ur life to so many evil vices..
Goodmorning and have a nice weekend.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by deewhone(f): 7:49am On Oct 16, 2015
Inspiring
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by jazinogold(m): 7:53am On Oct 16, 2015
motivation for the ladies!

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by Katastrofy: 10:16am On Oct 16, 2015
OK
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by Dottore: 10:16am On Oct 16, 2015
So
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by CR77(f): 10:16am On Oct 16, 2015
For those mens looking for sugar mummy shocked shocked cool cool
castroevans:
To those ladies who depend on runs, have a rethink... there are other good businesses u can do than endangering ur life to some many evil vices..
Goodmorning and have a nice weekend.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by ellabooz(f): 10:17am On Oct 16, 2015
Good woman. Have you noticed that western women are more hard working than their men?
I remember one Funky then, she was always on point contending with men . We all liked her .

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2015
FIFTEEN YEARS OLD GIRL DEY pilot Aircraft self
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by wildchild1: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2015
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by 80million1: 10:18am On Oct 16, 2015
What a man can do.....

Madam, whether people admit it or not, whether they appreciate it or not, whether they insult you or not, You are a good example to millions of people out there... #letthemsay#

6 Likes

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by victorazy(m): 10:18am On Oct 16, 2015
Women sha!
Your husband led u into your destiny and you find ur career but all u paid him for is to start sleeping with other drivers (I presumed) breaking the man's heart as you have the gut to work in the same company with him without considering the chance to re-unit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by allanphash7(m): 10:18am On Oct 16, 2015
Anyone can claim any age for doing things

Infact i can say i was 10 when i started driving

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by 80million1: 10:19am On Oct 16, 2015
androidroot:
G
you again?
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by eddyslim(m): 10:19am On Oct 16, 2015
Congratulations. U try
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by sltn(m): 10:19am On Oct 16, 2015
smiley
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by sigiyaya(m): 10:19am On Oct 16, 2015
That is good to know
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by MamaChibuike: 10:20am On Oct 16, 2015
Blimey! You can make minimum $250 a day and $2000 a week for doing these simple task.....Follow this Link: http://lines-news.com/p69852
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by TheNextAce: 10:20am On Oct 16, 2015
Nice one
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by hotgunz(m): 10:20am On Oct 16, 2015
And mi i was 4 wen i started drivin a train.... Which 1 b my own
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by musafat(f): 10:20am On Oct 16, 2015
U r a model
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by Boland(m): 10:20am On Oct 16, 2015
That's a challenge to the ladies.. A lot of them online are only good at complaining about what men do to them..
Shioor!
Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by awesomesossy(f): 10:20am On Oct 16, 2015
Wow shocked...na im I still de ride bicycle at dis my old age........ grin

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) by redcliff: 10:20am On Oct 16, 2015
rubbish , this is no big deal in developed countries. I wonder why we are making it so..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / Nigerians In US Honour Oyinbo Teacher Who Taught Them Over 50 Years. Photos / This Is How Our Police Officers Should Dress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.