Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

A User's Hands On Experience With The Lumia 950XL - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A User's Hands On Experience With The Lumia 950XL (1129 Views)

My Hand-on Experience With Blackberry DTEK50 / Microsoft Lumia 650 XL Will Replace The Lumia 850? / Does The Lumia's Have Regional Locks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A User's Hands On Experience With The Lumia 950XL by lilslick(m): 8:50am On Oct 16, 2015
So I went into the MS store today and they had the 950 XL on display in demo version. It's running Build 10546. It's pretty snappy and fast with none of the "Loading" bugs that plague the start screens now. Granted, it is running on 3 GB of RAM.

The phone was VERY light, and I'm used to holding my 920 but it fit well in my hand. I was able to use it with 1 hand for some parts but needed to move around for others. The on screen keys where really nice and easy to use. The lady showed me how to pull the back off and see the battery and everything was pretty easy but the device felt solid. The plastic really wasn't bad at all.

I checked the battery life too from battery saver. Unplugged at 100% it said ~16 hours remaining on battery life. It also had about 20 apps open from previous people using it. I also compared to a 640 XL and that one at 100% unplugged said 1 day 9 hours. But of course that was running 8.1. I'm hoping that is either a bug in the OS recording, a bug that can be fixed before RTM or the fact that it had 20 apps open and background processes etc.

I didn't like that 1 little icon in the action center that is on its own row though. It seemed so out of place. On my 920 all the icons (with WM10) line up but I guess on the larger display there is more room but I kind of wish they would fix that somehow.

I opened the camera and it was speedy to open and took a pretty nice picture, compared to my 920. It was clear but it wasn't as clear as I would have hoped. I didn't try the front facing camera and now that I think of it I wish I had.

I tried to restart the phone and it took a solid 45 seconds to fully restart, but the loading screens were new. The "Microsoft" logo in the loading screen was new too. Much more simpler with out the large blue icon (was the multicolored and said "Microsoft"wink. I didn't try the windows hello or anything but I messed around with the phone for a good 10 minutes, launching apps, playing around with it. Put it in my pocket to see how well it fit (since never had a phone that large before).

Overall I really loved it and I do look forward to it. I just hope the OS cleans up a bit more, but in all honesty I think 10546 would be a great daily driver (from the 10 minutes I spent). It also supported dual SIM cards for those interested. I hope that I don't get the "no 2nd sim" icon though the whole time since I will only have 1.

Source:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/387103-hands-experiences-950xl.html

Re: A User's Hands On Experience With The Lumia 950XL by thebestonearth(m): 8:50am On Oct 16, 2015
op you are so on point.

1 Like

Re: A User's Hands On Experience With The Lumia 950XL by thebestonearth(m): 8:52am On Oct 16, 2015
ok i have seen. what next smiley?
Re: A User's Hands On Experience With The Lumia 950XL by lilslick(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2015
thebestonearth:
op you are so on point.
thanks

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Fake Whatsapp Chat / Conversations (2016 New Tip) / #airtel Protest# Bring Bck Our Normal Price / Reasons Why Glo Network Is Disappointing - Never Recharging Again!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.