Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) (10111 Views)

Fynestboi Elected Secretary General Of OAU STUDENTS UNION / Fynestboi Emerges OAU Students' Union Secretary General-elect / 4 People That Destroyed Nigerian Education. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Fynestboi: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2015
A promising, God loving and talented young lady, Oluchi Anekwe, a 300 level accounting student of the university of Lagos who was electrocuted right on campus on the 8th of September 2015, Oluchi had everything going well for her at barely 22, an age which she could have attained by December 5. She was on top of her social and academic life with an enviable grade and her dream of becoming a renowned investment banker was gradually taking shape. Not to talk much, such was her love for excellence before death knocked and left with her, leaving her lofty dreams in flames. So sad she would now be buried on the week she was meant to take her ICAN test. All these would have been avoided if not for some pitiable factors in the education sector of Nigeria.

The above piece put tears on my eyes and sting my curiosity as to what and where the education sector of our dear nation is heading to. Is it into destruction? Taking as aide the lives of undergraduates? Now who is the rightful bearer of this? The Federal Government or school management? Who is to be blamed for sucking the blood of the education sector like a greedy vampire? The most disturbing aspect of this is that, the more the increase in school fees, the worse the welfare of the students. It kept me ruminating on how the combined force of federal government and school management gave the family of Anekwe some long faces, broken spirits and an atmosphere filled with grief. If the electronic cable had been taken into cognizance or properly fixed, would the event that led to the death occur? I refuse to believe the her death was predetermined by any extramental force, I would be right, pointing accusing fingers at at the federal government for not properly funding education and the school management for leaving the cables in such deadly state without attending to them.

According to what I heard and read, this is not the first situation of nonchalant display of cables on the campus. Other universities are not also exempted, there are also such situtations left unattended to on OAU campus, hostels to be precise. With the way things are going, if care is not taken, federal universities will turn out to become a sort of abortion for bright futures. If undergraduates do not stand up to stop this trend, we might be hugging more occurrences. If we continue keeping mute without voicing out on the poor state of our hostels and school environs, we leave the “Monster” no alternative than to continue taking our colleagues.

This is a call-out to universities’ student union government, let us unite and eradicate this cankerworm eating deep into the education sector. Who says it’s not possible? Somebody lied!

http://www.eduregard.com/nigerian-education-sector-needs-attention-fynestboi/

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by AbuMikey(m): 10:05am On Oct 16, 2015
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:05am On Oct 16, 2015
These people don't really care majorly because none of their children is studying in these universities.

I wish a bill or law could be passed that will prevent politicians, civil workers, government officials from sending their children to foreign school.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by ademipeju(f): 10:11am On Oct 16, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by ademipeju(f): 10:12am On Oct 16, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
These people don't really care majorly because none of their children is studying in these universities.

I wish a bill or law could be passed that will prevent politicians, civil workers, government officials from sending their children to foreign school.

You wish brother. Most hostels in university are synonymous to prison yard

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Fynestboi: 10:13am On Oct 16, 2015
ademipeju:

most? Using most then that presupposes there is exception right? Which? .. .. To me it's All.. ...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:15am On Oct 16, 2015
ademipeju:

Yea. Exactly
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 16, 2015
This is unacceptable and must be investigated. #sen.dinomelaye
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by ademipeju(f): 10:16am On Oct 16, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Yea. Exactly
poor medical attention is second to none. Olorun Loma gbawa ma brother.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Fynestboi: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2015
ademipeju:
are you then saying that olorun will come down to gbawa? Don't understand you peju
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by ademipeju(f): 10:19am On Oct 16, 2015
Fynestboi:
are you then saying that olorun will come down to gbawa? Don't understand you peju
So Wht should be done? Oga Ade. undecided
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Fynestboi: 10:21am On Oct 16, 2015
ademipeju:
So Wht should be done? Oga Ade. undecided

This is a call-out to universities’ student union government, let us unite and eradicate this cankerworm eating deep into the education sector. Who says it’s not possible? Somebody lied!

The above will do.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by ademipeju(f): 10:23am On Oct 16, 2015
Fynestboi:

The above will do.

Corrupt union nko? You think they will join in the course? Matan ara e. Is it a dependent union that will join to say no to deterioration in education section? Na when you turn dreamer boy ade? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Fynestboi: 10:29am On Oct 16, 2015
ademipeju:

Corrupt union nko? You think they will join in the course? Matan ara e. Is it a dependent union that will join to say no to deterioration in education section? Na when you turn dreamer boy ade? cheesy

The fear of facing the worse often make us forget that the worst started from been good and can still change back. We have over 80plus universities if let say 40 can join hands to say no to this, then bothering about the corrupt union will be put aside.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by ademipeju(f): 10:31am On Oct 16, 2015
Fynestboi:

The fear of facing the worse often make us forget that the worst started from been good and can still change back. We have over 80plus universities if let say 40 can join hands to say no to this, then bothering about the corrupt union will be put aside.

Me know say you stubborn.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Fynestboi: 10:33am On Oct 16, 2015
ademipeju:

Me know say you stubborn.

Determination to effect change are often tagged as stubbornness.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by ademipeju(f): 10:34am On Oct 16, 2015
Fynestboi:

Determination to effect change are often tagged as stubbornness.
undecided you Don finish exam
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Fynestboi: 10:36am On Oct 16, 2015
ademipeju:
undecided you Don finish exam
red-herring let stay put with the topic ma.

Yes to your question.
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by ademipeju(f): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2015
Fynestboi:
red-herring let stay put with the topic ma.

Yes to your question.
fynest iyen emi na mopalu fun e angry
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2015
ademipeju:

Yea!

Amen!
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by ZYZZA: 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
Please remind me who the president is again, and does he have a certificate ?
#IHATEAPC
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by hayorzzyzx(m): 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
Gulder Utimate Search- N10 million +SUV[
/b]

[b]Cowbell Mathematic -100k +other gift

I'm sure you know the difference
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by SuPeRq(f): 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ooooooo
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by SAMBARRY: 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
What agency or sector doesn't need immediate and urgent attention in nigeria
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by seacoast(m): 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
Mtchwww... It needs anything faster than urgent
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
K
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by nigeriancuban: 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
of course it does, big time
Re: Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) by tosyne2much(m): 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
May God help us

Fynestboi I hail with respect ooooo cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN Test Of English Proficiency Past Questions(drop Ur Mail Ad) / Profile Of Adegboye, Ilaro SUG President, You Will Know If He Is A Cultist / Generator Fumes Kill 2 Kogi Polytechnic Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.