Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (322870 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2016
As a reminder, because it seems it is necessary to do this from time to time, this is a thread for questions about immigrant visas.

Please read through the thread before asking your questions.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by menuhome5: 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
NVC just completed my case and sent it to lagos consulate , pls is it advisable to go for medical now or I should wait when I am told to do so?
please when do I likely to get interview notice?
F2A
priority date : August
Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 01, 2016
menuhome5:
NVC just completed my case and sent it to lagos consulate , pls is it advisable to go for medical now or I should wait when I am told to do so?
please when do I likely to get interview notice?
F2A
priority date : August
Thanks in advance.

You should wait until you are told to do so - you will be provided specific information about the medical clearance process that includes specific clinics and exams which must be used.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by zed7: 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
Good day V.O
Please kindly explain this clearly. I saw it on the US immigration website.

Can My Family Members also Receive Immigrant Visas?
Based on your approved petition, your spouse and minor unmarried children, younger than 21, may apply for immigrant visas with you. Like you, they must also fill out required application forms, obtain required civil documents, pay the required fees, and undergo medical examinations. Same-sex spouses of U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents(LPRs), along with their minor children, are now eligible for the same immigration benefits as opposite-sex spouses. Consular officers at U.S. Embassies and Consulates will adjudicate their immigrant visa applications upon receipt of an approved I-130 or I-140 petition from USCIS. For further information, please see our FAQ’s.

Does it mean a single person who was filed for by a US citizen sibling, an later got the approval as a married person automatically apply for immigrant visa for his spouse and kids? Meaning, you don't need to write to inform the immigration official prior to the approval that you are now married, or now have kids? Please help clarify because a V.O once mentioned about writing the immigration office. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2016
zed7:
Good day V.O
Please kindly explain this clearly. I saw it on the US immigration website.

Does it mean a single person who was filed for by a US citizen sibling, an later got the approval as a married person automatically apply for immigrant visa for his spouse and kids? Meaning, you don't need to write to inform the immigration official prior to the approval that you are now married, or now have kids? Please help clarify because a V.O once mentioned about writing the immigration office. Thanks.

You need to inform the immigration officials. If the visa class allows it, spouses and children can be added to your petition, and you will be required to fill out the required applications, pay fees, and have them undergo the necessary medical examinations.

Failing to indicate that you are married or have children at the time of your interview, and then claiming you do after you immigrate, leads to strong suspicions of fraud and will delay their processing pending further investigation.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cotzywitzy(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
VO...which is the best visa to secure for a brother of mine..he's a footballer and I want him to go to the states to ply his trade there.. I don't know what visa to apply for cause I want him to start working and at the same time pursue his dream... thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dozillion: 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2016
Good afternoon sir. Hope you're doing well?
Sir, I have paid for my green card. I'd like to know if I should print the confirmation page from my email. Would it be required at the US POE? Thanks sir
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2016
cotzywitzy:
VO...which is the best visa to secure for a brother of mine..he's a footballer and I want him to go to the states to ply his trade there.. I don't know what visa to apply for cause I want him to start working and at the same time pursue his dream... thanks

If you are an American citizen, you can apply for an F4 immigrant visa for your brother. Otherwise, you need to read the previous material listed here and on the website to determine if he has any other qualifying relationship for an immigrant visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2016
Dozillion:
Good afternoon sir. Hope you're doing well?
Sir, I have paid for my green card. I'd like to know if I should print the confirmation page from my email. Would it be required at the US POE? Thanks sir

Yes, you should always bring the confirmation page in case there are any issues looking up your specific case.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wal02: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hello VO, thanks for your effort on this forum. My question is very urgent as my interview is at the corner, Please explain in a layman's term what is packet 3 and 4. my fiance only receive K1 instructional attachment in email which he forwarded to me in preparation for our interview, but i keep reading from people who got K1 that they receive packet 3 and packet 4 which is rather confusing. Or are we missing packets. Please explain to me what these packets are and if needed how do we get it ASAP. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
wal02:
Hello VO, thanks for your effort on this forum. My question is very urgent as my interview is at the corner, Please explain in a layman's term what is packet 3 and 4. my fiance only receive K1 instructional attachment in email which he forwarded to me in preparation for our interview, but i keep reading from people who got K1 that they receive packet 3 and packet 4 which is rather confusing. Or are we missing packets. Please explain to me what these packets are and if needed how do we get it ASAP. Thanks

There are additional packets following the interview, if successful. Follow the instructions that you were given.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wal02: 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ok, Does it mean there is nothing called packet 3 and 4 as claimed by many, and all we need before the interview is the instructional email my fiance received?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sugarbuddy: 4:00am On Sep 07, 2016
Dear VO,

If one has been deny due to giving wrong information such as have u ever applied in the last past and you say no. Will the person be ban, can this affect the person his immediate family and how can one come clean.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 07, 2016
sugarbuddy:
Dear VO,

If one has been deny due to giving wrong information such as have u ever applied in the last past and you say no. Will the person be ban, can this affect the person his immediate family and how can one come clean.

Yes, that could lead to someone being banned. It depends on the specific circumstances, and you would be informed if you are banned. You can always apply for a waiver if you are banned.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sugarbuddy: 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
LagosNIV:

Yes, that could lead to someone being banned. It depends on the specific circumstances, and you would be informed if you are banned. You can always apply for a waiver if you are banned.

Dear NiV,

How was not inform of any Ban, I was given the 214B refusal form, can I request for my status and how do I apply for waiver
. Thanks for your response..
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Jt1989: 5:30am On Sep 08, 2016
LagosNIV:

There are too many holes in this story for me to answer accurately. Where was the I-130 filed? Who was it filed with? Who kept the passport?
Based on the information you've provided I don't really know what is going on.

Dear VO,

The old passport where my US tourist visa was kept by the US embassy here in Japan. Fast forward to today, I already finished my interview. They didn't give me an outright approval instead was told everything seems good and in case they need additional docs, they will let me know. True enough, they have instructed me to submit additional paperwork. I have sent all back and now as per checking the website it says Administrative Processing.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 08, 2016
sugarbuddy:

Dear NiV,

How was not inform of any Ban, I was given the 214B refusal form, can I request for my status and how do I apply for waiver
. Thanks for your response..

This has been discussed in depth. Please read through the thread.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 08, 2016
Jt1989:

Dear VO,

The old passport where my US tourist visa was kept by the US embassy here in Japan. Fast forward to today, I already finished my interview. They didn't give me an outright approval instead was told everything seems good and in case they need additional docs, they will let me know. True enough, they have instructed me to submit additional paperwork. I have sent all back and now as per checking the website it says Administrative Processing.

Then, like all administrative processing cases and has already been discussed at length in this thread, you must wait. We cannot issue a visa until administrative processing is complete. If additional information is required, you will be contacted again.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nonye4040: 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
I am the USC and my husband is in Nigeria. We applied for K-1 visa and were denied under 221(g). We found out from my senator that the officer believe we have a "sham marriage in other to evade immigration laws".
We don't fully understand what that means. I have two questions:
1. Does it mean that the officer didn't believe that we were in a relationship or she believe we were married and not fiance?
At the K-1 interview, my then "fiance" was asked if he had paid the dowry and he said no. which was a lie. Our initial plan was to not do any traditional ceremony but my family kept pressuring him and he obliged ,while he was waiting for interview for the K-1. We felt we have come too far to abandon the process.
Nonetheless, he got denied.

Fast forward, we got legally married in church and have certificate for the marriage and we are waiting for petition approval.
There comes my question.
2. If he is asked about the date of the traditional marriage, would he telling them the date , which occurred before the K-1 interview and denial of that ceremony by him cause any problem for us?
I love my husband and would love to go wherever he goes but staying in Nigeria is not an option because I have student's loans that needs to be paid.
Please advice us.
Thank you for taking time to read. We are appreciate your honest opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.