Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (322446 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by orbis(m): 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by FrankNetter(m): 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
Good Evening, LagosNIV, I would like to make some enquirers concerning a visa application.

my Aunt is an American citizen and she filed for her daughter and she was given an Immigrant Visa. Before she was given her visa, she had been dating a guy for close to 6 years and they recently got wedded, does her visa extend to her newly wedded husband? Can her husband be given a Visa based on hers?

Thanks, I eagerly await your reply.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by aideoise: 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2016
Hello our amiable VO,
I have an IV interview in the Lagos consulate.
I want to know if it is compulsory to go along with the original copies of my affidavit of support and tax return of my sponsors, knowing that these documents have already been submitted to the NVC.
If i can't produce these original or copies will my chances of being issued a visa be diminished. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chinwe12: 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
hello VO, my mom went for her immigrant visa interview today 29th Nov and she was refused visa and was given 221(g) and was told to give them 60 days to make a decision on her case, her passport was not taken from her, she is with her passport. as of today her case status was updated and placed in administrative processing, are there chances of her been granted visa after 60 days, they said they will contact her if more document is needed, is there still hope for her? she's a cr1 applicant
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Okey79: 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
Dear , please I will appreciate your advice, my cousin was issued a b1/b2 visa in January 2014, she was 1month pregnant then, although unknown to her. She traveled twice to the US that year, she also had her second baby there but not without writing a letter of change of intent to the embassy.
Her visa was canceled in 2015 when she took her first son to the embassy for his visa interview,she had the second baby with her, she was asked why she applied for only the first son, she told them she had the second one in the US and she had her own visa cancelled while her son was also denied visa.
She has applied twice since then and was denied.
Please what can she do at this point?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ezepikin:
Thanks for your valuable contributions on this platfor @LagosNiv...My question, i intend to travel with my brother in law to the US. I have visited the US before in 2014 but he has not travelled before. We are going for his Sister's 25 years ordination as a rev sister. Do we apply as family since we are travelling together and on same date? I will appreciate your valuable advice. Thank you.

Thank you for the question. However, this appears to be an non-immigrant visa question. Please take it to the correct forum.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
Okey79:
Dear , please I will appreciate your advice, my cousin was issued a b1/b2 visa in January 2014, she was 1month pregnant then, although unknown to her. She traveled twice to the US that year, she also had her second baby there but not without writing a letter of change of intent to the embassy.
Her visa was canceled in 2015 when she took her first son to the embassy for his visa interview,she had the second baby with her, she was asked why she applied for only the first son, she told them she had the second one in the US and she had her own visa cancelled while her son was also denied visa.
She has applied twice since then and was denied.
Please what can she do at this point?

Thank you for the question. However, this appears to be an non-immigrant visa question. Please take it to the correct forum.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
chinwe12:
hello VO, my mom went for her immigrant visa interview today 29th Nov and she was refused visa and was given 221(g) and was told to give them 60 days to make a decision on her case, her passport was not taken from her, she is with her passport. as of today her case status was updated and placed in administrative processing, are there chances of her been granted visa after 60 days, they said they will contact her if more document is needed, is there still hope for her? she's a cr1 applicant

The immigrant visa correspondence unit will contact her if we require further information. Unfortunately, there is no timetable on the decision, though your mother is welcome to request an update after 60 days.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
aideoise:
Hello our amiable VO,
I have an IV interview in the Lagos consulate.
I want to know if it is compulsory to go along with the original copies of my affidavit of support and tax return of my sponsors, knowing that these documents have already been submitted to the NVC.
If i can't produce these original or copies will my chances of being issued a visa be diminished. Thank you.

You should always try to bring original documents. However, we can work with clean photocopies of the affidavit of support. The visa officer will let you know if he or she needs the original for review.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
FrankNetter:
my Aunt is an American citizen and she filed for her daughter and she was given an Immigrant Visa. Before she was given her visa, she had been dating a guy for close to 6 years and they recently got wedded, does her visa extend to her newly wedded husband? Can her husband be given a Visa based on hers?

This has the potential to change the visa classification. However, without the case, it is difficult to determine what will happen. I encourage your aunt to write LagosIV@state.gov with this question. Please note we can only answer questions from the petitioner, beneficiary, or legal representation.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ezepikin:
Hi VO, my question is on drop box application.

Drop box applications are only relevant for non-immigrant visas. Please post your question(s) to the appropriate thread.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
TalliusCeciro:
Good evening consular official, Please I actually submitted my DV lottery application from the Netherlands and I would like to know in the event that I am selected for further processing will my case number start with EU or Af.my country of chargeabity is Ghana.Thanks very much for reading my post and looking forward to your reply.

When / If you win the lottery, you will be contacted as to which country to appear for the interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
packdprince:
Thanks everyone and VO for the help and support.
Did my Interview last week, Visa Issued this week. Now I can now have my big family re-union.
Thanks

Congratulations! So happy to have a good story to share.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
Espente:
Dear LagosIV,
Your letters of appointment for immigrant interview generally requires an AOS.
I would like to know your standard procedure for affidavit of support that has been submitted to the NVC . I hope those that have submitted the only copy to the NVC do not need to produce them at the interview.

Good practice is to make copies of everything before you send them off to NVC (or anywhere, really). We will receive your packet in due time and will contact you if we need further documentation.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
321d:
Hello Officer

Please I'd like to know the fact with applicable links to the resource on the USCIS website.

I have a pending F4 petition filed years back. If i get married today, before it becomes current, will my spouse automatically benefit from it OR will my petition be automatically revoked?

Thanks

Your petition will not be automatically revoked. Derivatives (including a spouse, children, and step-children) are allowed on F4 visas. However, you should be prepared to answer detailed questions about your relationship(s) during the interview.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
souleymon:
Trying to file I-130 for a sibling and found out almost 10 years back he applied for a student visa with the help of an agent and his year of birth was altered in the old passport.

Now he has his real year of birth on the passport. This is conflicting and misrepresented. I like to know,how this problem can be resolved before going ahead with the filing in other not to get Visa denied in the future,knowing fully well ,the embassy still got his details.

I like to know how to go about this before filing because ,the outcome wont be years to come.

You cannot know (and I cannot know) what will happen during the interview. You should continue as you are, letting USCIS know the situation, and the visa officer will advise you as to next steps.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
ijenma1:
Good morning VO,
I'd like to know if it's possible for me to apply for a visiting visa while my i-130 is still pending? Actually my husband who is a US citizen filed for me since April the 17th2015, I now have a daughter whom I have also gotten her US passport from the embassy here in Lagos. Am frustrated this process is taking longer than usual. This is my daughters first Christmas I really will love to spend it with my hubby.
Pls advice me on what me to do.

While this is a non-immigrant visa question, I will answer it. Yes, you can apply for a visiting visa while your immigrant visa application is still pending. You should be prepared to demonstrate strong ties to Nigeria during the interview.

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by menuhome5: 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hello VO
My spouse had her IV for instance May and by July of same year we had our registry wedding. She then travelled to US a week later with pregnancy. I hope the sequence of the events between us will not raise any red flag? Thanks for your time
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hefty3(m): 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
pls can anyone assist me. i applied for visiting visa in 2014 with my family which i happened to be the principal applicant. though i dint do it myself but i went thru an agent...the visa was not granted. so today i decided to apply for only my wife and daughter... so when i got to the stage on booking an appointment for interview, the site did not accept it saying the daTA is connected to a particular email address. which i typed and tried to log in thru that email its just bringing out my data page alone.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:30am On Dec 02, 2016
menuhome5:
Hello VO
My spouse had her IV for instance May and by July of same year we had our registry wedding. She then travelled to US a week later with pregnancy. I hope the sequence of the events between us will not raise any red flag? Thanks for your time

Apologies, but I don't understand the question. Please be more specific in what you're trying to ask.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:33am On Dec 02, 2016
hefty3:
pls can anyone assist me. i applied for visiting visa in 2014 with my family which i happened to be the principal applicant. though i dint do it myself but i went thru an agent...the visa was not granted. so today i decided to apply for only my wife and daughter... so when i got to the stage on booking an appointment for interview, the site did not accept it saying the daTA is connected to a particular email address. which i typed and tried to log in thru that email its just bringing out my data page alone.

This appears to be a non-immigrant visa question. Please take your question to the appropriate forum.

That said, regarding "agents" -- there are many reasons not to use them, and your experience is yet another reason.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Hover62: 9:33am On Dec 02, 2016
Hello vo,
I had my us immigrant visa interview this Monday(my dad filled for me). While going for the Interview I had all my documents except for my medicals, it wasn't ready and was told to present the receipt to the consulate as a prove that I've done it. On during the interview the consulate asked Jus few questions and didn't request for any of my documents, except for the police report (which I provided) and the medical report(which wasn't ready). After the interview she gave me a white paper that I should get my medical results and mail it with my passport included through DHL. My question now is should I still be worried if my visa will be approved or not ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:06am On Dec 02, 2016
Hover62:
Hello vo,
I had my us immigrant visa interview this Monday(my dad filled for me). While going for the Interview I had all my documents except for my medicals, it wasn't ready and was told to present the receipt to the consulate as a prove that I've done it. On during the interview the consulate asked Jus few questions and didn't request for any of my documents, except for the police report (which I provided) and the medical report(which wasn't ready). After the interview she gave me a white paper that I should get my medical results and mail it with my passport included through DHL. My question now is should I still be worried if my visa will be approved or not ?

Some interviews are very fast. We see thousands of applicants and can very quickly adjudicate certain cases. Don't read anything into a short interview. If the interviewing officer had a problem with your case, you would know!

From what you've described, we need your medical report to continue your case. When you receive the actual medical report, drop it at the address given to you with your international passport. If there are any problems with the medical report, we will receive the report directly from the clinic and contact you with next steps.

On the receipt question, this appears to be a common issue. Applicants receive a receipt as proof that they attended the medical exam, but the receipt, by itself, does not replace the medical report. In fact, if you try to show the medical report receipt, we will not even look at it.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Hover62: 10:23am On Dec 02, 2016
Thank you very much I really appreciate it. One other question I have is that I have less than 9 months left on my international passport. I want to knw of I can still renew it after my visa as being approved, because I read it somewhere that one need to have nothing less than 6months on his/her international passport before entering the us.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hefty3(m): 10:32am On Dec 02, 2016
thank you VO .. lesson learnt
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by menuhome5: 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
Sorry about that!
We did our court wedding in Nigeria 2 months after my wife got her F2A visa. The question is, hope is allowed to be wedded shortly after getting the visa before leaving the country.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Hover62: 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hello VO, I mentioned earlier that I already had my Iv interview and was asked to send my medical result when I get them through DHL. Now I've got the results and I went to the DHL address I was given, when I tried to mail the package the attendant who attended to said I will have to open the sealed envelop which I was instructed not to do so by the doctor. My question now is I hope it doesn't matter and won't affect my visa process?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Simple16(f): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
Hello, VO, I would like to know if EB3 visa interview can be rescheduled. If yes, when will the new date be? In 1 or 2 months ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chinwe12: 12:31am On Dec 05, 2016
VisaOfficer:

The immigrant visa correspondence unit will contact her if we require further information. Unfortunately, there is no timetable on the decision, though your mother is welcome to request an update after 60 days.
ok thanks an email was sent to her requesting for an affidavit of support and financial evidence as well as her passport. I pray they issue her visa after receiving the requested documents.
finally they gave her an address to submit her documents so can she submit it to the address through DHL or can someone help her submit it at the specified address if she is indisposed to do so by herself
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Eliza7b(f): 7:20am On Dec 05, 2016
This is a great job you are doing pls I have two questions for VO
Pls I am an f2a vp an I don't provide my primary school certificate hope it will not be required
My second question is that if I am asked during interviews about places I lived can I also provide those places have lived more 6month but not on my form and lastly what are the likely question for my visa type
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:08am On Dec 05, 2016
Hover62:
Thank you very much I really appreciate it. One other question I have is that I have less than 9 months left on my international passport. I want to knw of I can still renew it after my visa as being approved, because I read it somewhere that one need to have nothing less than 6months on his/her international passport before entering the us.

To prevent any issues either upon visa printing or at the border, you should present a passport with at least 6 months remaining when you attempt to enter the United States. Otherwise, you risk being sent back to Nigeria even if everything else is in order.

Regards,
VO

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.