Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (322886 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2017
chinwe12:
hello vo im an IR2 visa category applicant along with my siblings, my dad has filled and submitted all documents required and currently NVC completely reviewed my brothers case and called him for an interview and nothing has been done abt my own and my sisters own, can we call nvc to tell them abt this as the visa is family based and we are supposed to go for interview together as IR2 applicants so that they will review our own case and also fix an interview date for us, is it also possible for them give us interview dates the same as my brother's so we will go together, finally as a single mom, can i go to interview with my 3 years old daughter who is not part of the visa petition, can she be granted interview as well and also granted a visa.

Good afternoon,

It is possible to have family interviews scheduled together, but you will have to go through NVC to request that the other petitions be expedited so that the interviews can be combined. This may or may not be approved.

IR2 applicants may not bring derivatives on their visa. Additionally, grandparents may not file for grandchildren. You may wish to consider this as you go through the process.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chinwe12: 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Good afternoon,

It is possible to have family interviews scheduled together, but you will have to go through NVC to request that the other petitions be expedited so that the interviews can be combined. This may or may not be approved.

IR2 applicants may not bring derivatives on their visa. Additionally, grandparents may not file for grandchildren. You may wish to consider this as you go through the process.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
thanks a lot VO, this was very helpful
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chinwe12: 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Good afternoon,

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
pls VO could you direct me on the most possible way I can work for my baby to come wt me cos she is still a minor and am a single mom, could you help me on possible ways I can take her along wt me as her grandparents can not file for her and I can't live her and travel
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bestbuyer(m): 12:53am On Oct 07, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Good afternoon,

I will do my best to answer your questions in the order asked:
1. It is possible for a U.S. citizen to file for his or her married son or daughter. The spouse and children of the principal applicant may be included on the petition. If the spouse or children are already U.S. citizens, however, they cannot be issued immigrant visas.
2. Grandparents may not file for grandchildren.
3. Filing for an immigrant visa does not cancel an applicant's ability to travel on a non-immigrant visa. The applicant should be aware, however, that misuse of a non-immigrant visa will have adverse effects on potential future immigrant visa petitions.
4. Please visit the website linked here (https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/petition.html) for more information on the filing process for the I-130.
5. DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) is administered by USCIS. Please visit this website for more information (https://www.uscis.gov/archive/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca)

Regards,
VO

Thanks VO,
Points addressed are noted.

Job well done.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aos29: 8:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
Good evening VO,
Please could you clarify for intending immigrant visa applicants:
- if the required vacinnations would be carried out by the medical outfit during medical exam.
- if not done during the medical exam, is the applicant obliged to have the vacinnations done else where?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Oladeep: 12:24am On Oct 08, 2017
Hello VO, please which birth certificate is acceptable for immigrant visa interview ? is it d one issued by the local government or the age Attestation from National population commission ?...please help clarify this...Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Unlimited22: 1:09am On Oct 08, 2017
You gotta be patient with me man,I'm clueless.
I am a soon-to-graduate doctor of optometry who wants to practise in the Us,specifically in Anchorage,Alaska.
How and where do I start from?
I have no nuclear family stateside.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:23am On Oct 11, 2017
Aos29:
Good evening VO,
Please could you clarify for intending immigrant visa applicants:
- if the required vacinnations would be carried out by the medical outfit during medical exam.
- if not done during the medical exam, is the applicant obliged to have the vacinnations done else where?
Thanks

Good morning,

The panel physicians who complete the medical exams for immigrant visa applicants should be able to address these concerns when you arrive at your appointment.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:24am On Oct 11, 2017
Oladeep:
Hello VO, please which birth certificate is acceptable for immigrant visa interview ? is it d one issued by the local government or the age Attestation from National population commission ?...please help clarify this...Thanks

Good morning,

As NPC currently issues birth certificates to individuals born after 1992, this is the acceptable form of birth certificate for individuals who fit this criteria. Individuals born prior to that may have other forms of birth documentation. I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2017
Unlimited22:
You gotta be patient with me man,I'm clueless.
I am a soon-to-graduate doctor of optometry who wants to practise in the Us,specifically in Anchorage,Alaska.
How and where do I start from?
I have no nuclear family stateside.

Good morning,

Please be aware that there are many rules and regulations surrounding practicing medicine in the United States. You may visit uscis.gov for further information on employment-based immigrant visas to see if you might qualify.

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Olatoki: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2017
Thanks for the response, but please I still need further clarification on marriage certificate, in case of the original certificate submitted to NVC? And also please,would the original documents submitted to NVC being given back to the petitioner on interview day? Thanks once more

VisaOfficer:

Good afternoon,

The police certificate should still be acceptable. However, the consulate requires that you submit an original police certificate with fingerprint card. If you have sent it to NVC, you will need to apply for a new police certificate and submit the original at the time of your interview. I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Unlimited22: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Good morning,

Please be aware that there are many rules and regulations surrounding practicing medicine in the United States. You may visit uscis.gov for further information on employment-based immigrant visas to see if you might qualify.

Regards,
VO
Thanks.
How will the rules of practicing optometry differ from practicing General Medicine?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Oladeep: 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Good morning,

As NPC currently issues birth certificates to individuals born after 1992, this is the acceptable form of birth certificate for individuals who fit this criteria. Individuals born prior to that may have other forms of birth documentation. I hope this is helpful.

Regards,
VO
Thanks for ur response. I'm born prior to 1992, so automatically my local government issued birth certificate is acceptable right? Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
Good afternoon all,

Just as a reminder, this is a forum for immigrant visas (IV). There are separate forums for nonimmigrant visas (NIV) monitored by VO. NIVs include B1/B2 tourist visas and F1 student visas. I have noticed that there have been a number of questions related to B1/B2 and F1 visas recently, which have been removed. Please direct these questions to the appropriate forums and know that if you ask NIV questions in the future, they will be removed without a response. Thank you!

Regards,
VO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 3:54am On Oct 13, 2017
Hello VO,
Can someone who has been filed for apply for a non immigrant visa?
I mean someone who currently has a,case pending with USCIS apply for a non immigrant visa.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:36am On Oct 13, 2017
AREOLA:
Hello VO,
Can someone who has been filed for apply for a non immigrant visa?
I mean someone who currently has a,case pending with USCIS apply for a non immigrant visa.
Thanks.

Good morning,

Nothing prevents an applicant who has a pending IV petition from applying for a non-immigrant visa. Bear in mind that the consular officers adjudicating non-immigrant visas make their decisions based on the applicant's ability to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent (INA Section 214(b)).

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Eghosa123: 10:02am On Oct 16, 2017
Hello

I applied for renewal of my B2 visa 2 weeks ago. I'm due to leave on Thursday and also to connect to Canada from there. I have been emailing the consular in Abuja about my situation but nobody has responded to me. If am refused the visa my plans will need to change. And if i don't do a date change before my ticket date I get to loose the whole ticket including the connecting flight (which is twice the ticket price for a date change) to Canada. Pls i need help in getting my passport back by tomorrow latest or at least knowing if i will be given and when i will get it so i don't loose all my ticket money.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Eghosa123: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2017
Apologies I just realized this is an immigrant forum.
Sorry for the oversight. Kindly ignore.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by shooboy: 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2017
Please a mail has just been sent to us by NVC to proceed with our application(F2A) stating 6 steps, d first step says that we need to choose an agent nd after which we must wait for 3 weeks for this process b4 proceeding to step 2.
My qtn is dat wat if we choose ourselves as agent do we still need to wait for 3weeks and if we need to wait are we gonna get a go ahead mail instructing us to proceed to second step or we just proceed once is 3weeks?

Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lilliesbud12: 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good day VO.
My dad who is a US citizen filed for F1 Visa category for myself and my siblings. it's been approved since sometimes 2011.
please I have some questions.

1. Myself and my sister are now married with kids. Am not sure my dad changed our status to f3....Do we have to change the status ourselves indicating that we are now married which means we'll be moving to the f3 category which might mean a longer waiting time?

2. I just renewed my passport but I renewed it in my maiden name since the application and approval bears that name even though I have legal change of name documents including newspaper publication. I hope renewing my passport in my maiden name won't cause a problem?
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Rol3nd: 9:04am On Oct 19, 2017
Good morning V.O

Am roland and pls guys i need your urgent help, In front of me i have the FORM G-325A Biographic Information which i have to submit in next 3 days but i am so confuse on the last 5 years address because within the last 1 year i have been going to South Africa & NIGERIA in and out on a VISA and TANZANIA where i and my wife got married but my other addresse from LAGOS, and am currently in South Africa I dont know what to fill in here right now pls i will be so happy if i can get the necessary and urgent help pls.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Pemisire4ever: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2017
Good morning VO,
Pls I need you to clarify this for me, do I need to go to Nigeria Us embassy portal to register or fill any application form? Am an intending immigrant that has interview scheduled for the month of November,2017 by NVC.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Oladeep: 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hello VO, Please how do we confirm if my Mom's SB1 application was approved? They didn't specify if it was approved or not when she went for her interview. The VO only told her she will still need to apply for an immigrant visa and come again for another interview later but didn't specify if it was approved or not...Please help...Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by banom(m): 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
hello VA I have a concern, i in the year 2007 tried obtaining student visa and i submitted a false waec certificate. my visa application was rejected. though the visa officer did not reject my application because of the false document. i dont know if she found out or not ( am sorry for doing that . i was a kid then, and didn't fully understand the implications of my action.

now my question is, is there a way i can find out if the visa officer detected i submitted a false document and placed me in a permanent ban from entering the United States ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lilyroad: 4:35am On Oct 26, 2017
Dear VO,

My husband and I have been married since 2014, he however didn't update his greencard application in 2016 when he received it, to say that he was now married ( His parents applied for him many years prior to our marriage).

I have a valid visitor's visa (which I would be renewing again early 2018) but we're trying to relocate in 2018. He can stay legally in the US but I can't. I read that his filing for me as spouse of GC would not give me a legal stay in the US and I will have to remain in Nigeria until I get a priority date (which could be 3/4 years from now).
How do we go about it pls?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dijavu: 8:41am On Oct 26, 2017
[quote author=VisaOfficer post=59901504]

Good afternoon,
Vo please I need help, my daughter is 8 and she had a petition in lagos embassy which we processed medicals up to DNA and the lagos bassy received the result which they mailed us and said was succesful that when the DNA is reviewed the beneficiary will be contacted regarding the next step, we didnt hear from the embassy for a period of a month amd when we contacted they replied and said the case has been closed in lagos.that we should contact USCIS which we have done and Uscis says they have not received any return petition from lagos.
We are confused now as to what to do please help

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.