Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder (87473 Views)

Which Of Nigerian Banks Have Best Interest Rate For Fixed Deposits / Fixed Deposit Vs Treasury Bills: Which Pays Better? / Bad News For Guiders As MMM Announces New Strategy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by dantti2006(m): 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
Reach me if interested in fixed deposit 08109466653. Must be at least 5 million, depending on the amount I can get a a rate of 8 percent upwards depending on the amount.
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by walexy14(m): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
from 1 million Naira above, i can get you a rate of 10% upwards for 90 days. 08036450638
dantti2006:
Reach me if interested in fixed deposit 08109466653. Must be at least 5 million, depending on the amount I can get a a rate of 8 percent upwards depending on the amount.
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by adollyboy(m): 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
I work in a bank and I know and very sure that in my Bank,we still pay interest rate of 10% on fixed deposit of #50,000,000:00(fifty million naira.)
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by mrkels(m): 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
adollyboy:
I work in a bank and I know and very sure that in my Bank,we still pay interest rate of 10% on fixed deposit of #50,000,000:00(fifty million naira.)

The mail I got in my own bank today is shocking.

Maybe you should cjack with your treasury to know the current prevailing rates for lcy deposits .
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by adollyboy(m): 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2015
10% is the prevailing rate in my bank.We can chat on this via watsapp my no is 08033956612.Thanks.
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by snakie86: 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
mrkels:

The mail I got in my own bank today is shocking.

Maybe you should cjack with your treasury to know the current prevailing rates for lcy deposits .

U might not b sure which bank it is, maybe mfb

adollyboy:
10% is the prevailing rate in my bank.We can chat on this via watsapp my no is 08033956612.Thanks.

walexy14:
from 1 million Naira above, i can get you a rate of 10% upwards for 90 days. 08036450638

Broses, abeg which bank b dat oooo cos even Int rate on Nigeria Treasury Bills is now as low as 3%......
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by mrkels(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2015
snakie86:

Broses, abeg which bank b dat oooo cos even Int rate on Nigeria Treasury Bills is now as low as 3%......

The thing is crazy. But it's good you know. Even loans now are as low as 14 percent. They doing it so more people would remove their money from banks and pump it into the economy.
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by walexy14(m): 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
snakie86:

Nt a bank, bt a finance house called Rosabon financial services on the Main land and is been licensed n regulated by CBN and also been in existence for over 20yrs now. the interest rate for 1m is actually 12% per annum for 90days. The longer the tenure , the longer the interest rate.
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by snakie86: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
walexy14:

Nt a bank, bt a finance house called Rosabon financial services on the Main land and is been licensed n regulated by CBN and also been in existence for over 20yrs now. the interest rate for 1m is actually 12% per annum for 90days. The longer the tenure , the longer the interest rate.

I give up bro

1 Like

Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by walexy14(m): 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
snakie86:

I give up bro
it's a choice thing!!!!
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by fyneguy: 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Chukzyfcb:
First, OP I doubt this story. My reason is because, since CBN's directive for the Treasury single account (TSA) and the Increase in banks Cash reserve ratio (CRR), our banks have less cash to operate with. So they only can win cash by enticing us with their interest rates. Moreover Fixed deposits rate cannot be 3% when Inflation is standing at 9% currently, its against the monetary policy school of thought. For those of you criticizing Fixed.deposits, if a bank offers u 11%, u r not foolish as pple are writing here, coz its well above Inflation rate that just rose to 9%. U are not losing money!!!....I know of a bank that offers 12% just as high as in T.bills, everytin lies on INFO. I'm not an economist, but I doubt this story OP!

Please which bank offers 12% and for what amount?
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by Chukzyfcb(m): 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
fyneguy:

Please which bank offers 12% and for what amount?

Lool. Na now you dey wake up? When CBN has pumped much liquidity into the banking sector. Even T-billz rate now averages 9-10%, what do you xpect of F.deposit? I doubt you can get 12% currently. But as of 5mnths ago, you could
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by fyneguy: 10:30am On Nov 24, 2015
Chukzyfcb:

Lool. Na now you dey wake up? When CBN has pumped much liquidity into the banking sector. Even T-billz rate now averages 9-10%, what do you xpect of F.deposit? I doubt you can get 12% currently. But as of 5mnths ago, you could

Chai...so what's the best one can get from the banks now?
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by walexy14(m): 12:24pm On Jan 18, 2016
I contributed to this topic sometimes in October last year about a non banking Financial institution where i work that gives above 11% interest rate for 90days depending on the principal. So i want to thank those that called to asked for more details and those that came down to our office to invest. We surely will make you proud. Thanks once again
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by Favolly(f): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
walexy14:
I contributed to this topic sometimes in October last year about a non banking Financial institution where i work that gives above 11% interest rate for 90days depending on the principal. So i want to thank those that called to asked for more details and those that came down to our office to invest. We surely will make you proud. Thanks once again
Hello

Please is it Liquidity Management Notes and does it still go for 11%?
Re: This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder by walexy14(m): 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
Favolly:

Hello

Please is it Liquidity Management Notes and does it still go for 11%?

No .just the normal fixed deposit that you fixed some certain amount for some period of time. our interest rate for 1M for 90days is 12.5% per annum . Still negotiable anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud / Quick personal loans for salary earners / Investdata Market Updates For Investors And Traders Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.