Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 (4370 Views)

How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S8 / How To Spot A Fake SD Card (memory Card) / How To Spot A Fake Samsung Charger In One Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 by abatically(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
Earlier this week I was shopping for a galaxy s6 to buy. I discussed with different sellers online and came to agreement with one. He claimed the phone is new , sealed and in a box. We agreed on a price of 90k and I had to drive a few km to meet him for the transaction. On getting there, I saw the phone, without even opening it I knew it was a fake. This guy claimed he had sold 2 of those phones and I could imagine someone shelling out 90k to buy a fake Chinese phone. This is what prompted me to create the topic.

The best way to buy an original s6 is to go to a reputable shop to buy it, but those things are pretty expensive. The 32gb version goes for like 125k and price can range to 150k depending on the memory and shop.
1. THE BOX

The box of the original s6 should be 2. There's always a slab above the the main box. The slab is where SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 is imprinted while the main box only has SAMSUNG written on it. If the phone u are buying has only one box, then it's probably a fake. The picture below is the real packaging of a genuine galaxy s6.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4ASH7Tv9gA19UaK9qVoLacpkQlz_l6FSDCToVKsVTVzHY1gqOMeKnn8C2[/img]

The left is the main box while the right is the slab above the box.

2. BACK OF THE BOX

On the real s6, the back of the box has a detailed print of the features of the phone. The texts are normally written from top to bottom. If ur phone has minimal text then it's probably fake. The image below is the real galaxy s6.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSkUZWiSIrhMuQ4u6i5qagI3AzBW9273H-6yZFdqolLXHBrFxUKGpCdAjc[/img]

If ur box is like the image below it is probably fake.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm0XXWW54RSI8c55BdEc0wmxAxwa7rhLBpFStz0aaxkKGVUE91uiWo_8i2AQ[/img].

Now compare side by side original vs fake

The one on the left is genuine while the one on the right is fake.

Also look for a Samsung sticker containing serial number, barcode and imei. The fake s6 most likely would not have those stickers.

So what if the seller does not provide the box? Well there are still ways to spot a fake s6. The most reliable way is to boot the phone into download mode. Turn off the phone, then press the power button, volume down button and home button at the same time. The phone will boot into Odin and it will display vital informations about the phone like model number and will tell if the phone is genuine or not.

A fake phone will always show something written in Chinese like the image below .

Always there are a few hardware differences. For example the sim tray. The hole of the nano sim slot is located on top in the original s6 while most fakes have the hole on the bottom.

Also the display of the real s6 is very sharp and beautiful (one of the most vibrant around. ) it is a qhd display while a fake one is probably just 720p. U will never be able to see the pixels with ur naked eyes on the real thing while the fake ones are pixilated. Also many of the fake ones are running older version of Android but when u check the software info in abut phone, it would show 5.0. But keep pressing it and u will see the real software info which is usually kitkat or ics.

So if u are out there shopping for a galaxy s6 and don't have enough to buy from a reputable shop, think twice and look carefully so u don't end up spending ur hard earned money on a fake. Remember if the price is too good to be true then it's probably a fake. The thing is some people has the fake of this phone and don't even know it is fake.

Images

1. Original box of galaxy s6, note the slab above the main box.

2. BACK of original galaxy s6

3. Back of fake galaxy s6.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
Noted
Re: How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 by mhozzis(m): 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
Nice
Re: How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 by Becca2335(f): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2015
abatically:
Earlier this week I was shopping for a galaxy s6 to buy. I discussed with different sellers online and came to agreement with one. He claimed the phone is new , sealed and in a box. We agreed on a price of 90k and I had to drive a few km to meet him for the transaction. On getting there, I saw the phone, without even opening it I knew it was a fake. This guy claimed he had sold 2 of those phones and I could imagine someone shelling out 90k to buy a fake Chinese phone. This is what prompted me to create the topic.

The best way to buy an original s6 is to go to a reputable shop to buy it, but those things are pretty expensive. The 32gb version goes for like 125k and price can range to 150k depending on the memory and shop.
1. THE BOX

The box of the original s6 should be 2. There's always a slab above the the main box. The slab is where SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 is imprinted while the main box only has SAMSUNG written on it. If the phone u are buying has only one box, then it's probably a fake. The picture below is the real packaging of a genuine galaxy s6.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4ASH7Tv9gA19UaK9qVoLacpkQlz_l6FSDCToVKsVTVzHY1gqOMeKnn8C2[/img]

2. BACK OF THE BOX

On the real s6, the back of the box has a detailed print of the features of the phone. The texts are normally written from top to bottom. If ur phone has minimal text then it's probably fake. The image below is the real galaxy s6.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSkUZWiSIrhMuQ4u6i5qagI3AzBW9273H-6yZFdqolLXHBrFxUKGpCdAjc[/img]

[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm0XXWW54RSI8c55BdEc0wmxAxwa7rhLBpFStz0aaxkKGVUE91uiWo_8i2AQ[/img].

Also look for a Samsung sticker containing serial number, barcode and imei. The fake s6 most likely would not have those stickers.

So what if the seller does not provide the box? Well there are still ways to spot a fake s6. The most reliable way is to boot the phone into download mode. Turn off the phone, then press the power button, volume down button and home button at the same time. The phone will boot into Odin and it will display vital informations about the phone like model number and will tell if the phone is genuine or not.

A fake phone will always show something written in Chinese like the image below .

Always there are a few hardware differences. For example the sim tray. The hole of the nano sim slot is located on top in the original s6 while most fakes have the hole on the bottom.

Also the display of the real s6 is very sharp and beautiful (one of the most vibrant around. ) it is a qhd display while a fake one is probably just 720p. U will never be able to see the pixels with ur naked eyes on the real thing while the fake ones are pixilated. Also many of the fake ones are running older version of Android but when u check the software info in abut phone, it would show 5.0. But keep pressing it and u will see the real software info which is usually kitkat or ics.

So if u are out there shopping for a galaxy s6 and don't have enough to buy from a reputable shop, think twice and look carefully so u don't end up spending ur hard earned money on a fake. Remember if the price is too good to be true then it's probably a fake. The thing is some people has the fake of this phone and don't even know it is fake.

Images

now ABA boys will upgrade their own S6
Re: How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 by bigtt76(f): 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nice one. Just like when one so-called engineer at Microstar Mall wan job me say he re-installed ROM on my bricked tab and that the problem is the battery lol. I laughed and asked what version... he said it's Lollipop when in actual fact the tab cannot do Lollipop. Job-men everywhere
Re: How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 by ewizard1: 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
!!!
Re: How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 by symbianDON(m): 9:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
brilliant!! quite informative. op thanks.
Re: How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 by cherryll(f): 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
abatically:

1. THE BOX

2. BACK OF THE BOX

Images

Nice info. Can u Pls give details of where u eventually bought for d price range u stated. Thanks!
Re: How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 by dasphinx1(m): 10:01am On Nov 24, 2015
emmm, OP, can you please tell us what is written at the back of the original box? grin

(1) (Reply)

250mb Free On Mtn / Iphone 6 For Sale / Glo New Data Plan #1,000 - 3.2gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.