Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. (1948 Views)

Lady Compares Nigeria Under PDP And APC On Facebook / APC On Self-destruction...as Fresh Power Blocs Emerges / Akpabio Suffers Setback In Bid To Retain Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by omenka(m): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
The Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has advised the
governing All Progressives Congress, APC, to build on the successes recorded by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, while it held power for 16 years or risk being pushed
aside
in 2019.

Mr. Ekweremadu gave the advise
on Thursday at the 67th meeting
of he National Executive Committee meeting of the PDP, which held at the party’s national headquarters in Abuja.

He stated that the PDP, in its 16
years of being in power, “changed
the face of telecommunication in
Nigeria”, making it the best in
Africa.

The senator also said it was the
PDP that laid the foundation for
genuine anti corruption fight in
the country by setting up relevant
agencies
and pushing for
deliberate policies and legislation
to achieve the goals.

He added that a PDP government
relentlessly pursued and got debt
forgiveness for Nigeria and that
the party actually “changed the
face of democracy in the
country”.

The lawmaker also said the PDP
greatly enhanced the fortune of
the nation’s democracy when the
immediate past president
Goodluck Jonathan “ willingly
accepted defeat after a
controversial election”.

“APC should learn on our success
or we would be back in power by
2019,” he said.

Read more here: www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191593-how-apc-can-remain-in-power-for-a-long-time-ekweremadu.html

It is a norm to attribute accomplishments in any particular regime to the head of that regime, at least in Nigeria. We were inundated with photographs and stories, some real, others pure fiction, about "Jonathan's Transformation Rails" during the campaigns- hell it was just about all the regime had going for it!! One of the rickety trains was even named after his wife! Then the "Jonathan made Nigeria's economy the largest in Africa" was another favourite song for his supporters, even though it was just a matter of "recalculation of our GDP"- with the new contributory factors preceding Jonathan's admin.

These were attributed to "Jonathan and not PDP".

We all know under whose regime the gsm/mobile communications revolution started in Nigeria.

We all know under whose regime the current anti-corruption agencies were established.

We all know under whose regime Nigeria got a debt pardon/relief

Olusegun Obasanjo. - the man they love to hate.

So, even though the DSP was trying too hard to be smart with his utterances, we still see through his half-witted "wisdom with words".

In the end, he gave the governing party "tips" on how to ensure a perpetual defeat of PDP at the polls- can you beat that! The most important member of the party as we speak giving their mortal rivals tips on how to ensure they never return to Abuja. cheesy

Is Ike Ekweremadu contemplating abandoning ship as well??

The next couple of months would be very interesting indeed- we all know when they start sounding like this, they've already made up their mind on their next course of action and it would be anything but palatable to the people who look up to them for leadership, mentorship and

Lalasticlala what do you think??

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by SeverusSnape(m): 6:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
PDP always schooling APC on political affairs.

...The only thing they (APC) are good at is propaganda.

**Saunters out of thread with swag**

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by otukpo(f): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ekweremmadu, remember you belong to pdp.
Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by omenka(m): 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
otukpo:
Trust me, with these utterances, dude is already poking his head out the window, surveying the outside terrain and looking for the best landing spot when he jumps ship. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by theV0ice: 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
Its interesting that Ekweremmadu could only remember the successes recorded under OBJ when enumerating PDP successes.

Indeed its curious but should i counter him?? Of course I can't. Maybe he needs a refresher course from the 'youths' of the party...maybe he's losing touch like E.K Clark cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by januzaj(m): 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
haaahaaa....e be like this guy dey eye aso villa.....thaaaaar.....oju e lo ri.....walahi idi re o ni kan aga aare orile ede yi

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by omenka(m): 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
theV0ice:
Its interesting that Ekweremmadu could only remember the successes recorded under OBJ when enumerating PDP successes.

Indeed its curious but should i counter him?? Of course I can't. Maybe he needs a refresher course from the 'youths' of the party...maybe he's losing touch like E.K Clark cheesy
PDP's in for a VERY LONG thing!! Any politically savvy observer would understand PDP's already lost Ekweremadu from this. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by theV0ice: 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
omenka:
PDP's in for a VERY LONG thing!! Any politically savvy observer would understand PDP's already lost Ekweremadu from this. grin

Naahhhh.......I don't think he'll jump ship wink

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
omenka:
Trust me, with these utterances, dude is already poking his head out the window, surveying the outside terrain and looking for the best landing spot when he jumps ship. grin

Dream on slowpoke!!

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
Mr. Ekweremadu gave the advise
on Thursday at the 67th meeting
of he National Executive Committee meeting of the PDP, which held at the party’s national headquarters in Abuja.

I wonder if the morons saying he is about to decamp read the above!!!
Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by omenka(m): 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

Dream on slowpoke!!
Abobaku, e go be you like dream when e set! cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
omenka:
Abobaku, e go be you like dream when e set! cheesy

Shameless man!! I have been looking for you on all the bomb blast threads!! You seem to have come of short of words to defend Buhari's obvious failures.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by modath(f): 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
otukpo:

Dude, can we place a bet, in a year tops Ekweremadu will be out..... His reason.......

His people mandated him to work wirh the government in order for them to be in the scheme of things...

4 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
BTW i did not read where he praised Obasanjo!! He was praising the PDP and not Obasanjo!!

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
modath:

Dude, can we place a bet, in a year tops Ekweremadu will be out..... His reason.......

His people mandated him to work wirh the government in order for them to be in the scheme of things...

I think APC should rather be concerned about retaining it's slim majority than gaining more members through decampings!! PDP controls today's senate with a large no of APC senators in the pro-PDP like minds group

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by Beremx(f): 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
So Ekweremadu saw nothing commendable about Jonathan's administration?
I laff in Pyongyang! grin

6 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by midolian(m): 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Beremx:
So Ekweremadu saw nothing commendable about Jonathan's administration?

I laff in Pyongyang! grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by Beremx(f): 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
midolian:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
hehehehe! grin grin
Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by FreeGlobe(f): 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
usual nonsense from omenka...
Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by omenka(m): 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
FreeGlobe:
usual nonsense from omenka...
Errrm, I think this thread isn't meant for you. There are threads about bomb blasts and Audu Abubakar's 1.5billion mansion- your comrades are there clinking glasses and making toasts- you should join them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by Aminat508(f): 7:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
midolian:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
undecided undecided undecided na women u go dey open ya teeth for undecided
Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by omenka(m): 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:
BTW i did not read where he praised Obasanjo!! He was praising the PDP and not Obasanjo!!
Eternal Abobaku, go back and read the entire opening post again, this time slooooooowly...

That way, the pen would drop. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by MyMouth(m): 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

Shameless man!! I have been looking for you on all the bomb blast threads!! You seem to have come of short of words to defend Buhari's obvious failures.

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by blazetitov: 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
Retain power by conducting fraudulent elections like the ones in 2003 nd 2007 abi?
Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by sarmiie(m): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
Nigerian politics......one really has to be at a distance (emotionally) to appreciate the comedy....

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by OAMMB(f): 7:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
time to port....seems everyone will change train soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by maupe: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
I don't understand Nigerians. You say the PDP is corrupt, and is filled with thieves, and yet you are hoping to fill the APC, with the very thieves that you hate. Please if you believe in the Change mantra of your party, then stick with its members or do you want the white T-shirt of APC to become stained with the supposed dirt of the PDP. You are already complaining about Saraki, but you now want his deputy, Ekweremadu. APC, Grow up.
Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by omenka(m): 8:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
blazetitov:
Retain power by conducting fraudulent elections like the ones in 2003 nd 2007 abi?
All na Power retention. grin

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by modath(f): 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
omenka:
Errrm, I think this thread isn't meant for you. There are threads about bomb blasts and Audu Abubakar's 1.5billion mansion- your comrades are there clinking glasses and making toasts- you should join them.

cheesy grin cheesy...

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by omenka(m): 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
maupe:
I don't understand Nigerians. You say the PDP is corrupt, and is filled with thieves, and yet you are hoping to fill the APC, with the very thieves that you hate. Please if you believe in the Change mantra of your party, then stick with its members or do you want the white T-shirt of APC to become stained with the supposed dirt of the PDP. You are already complaining about Saraki, but you now want his deputy, Ekweremadu. APC, Grow up.
Dindinrin, who said he wants to join APC? grin

See d way dem PDP goons just dey sweat for dis thread. cheesy

Una go see 99 soon.
Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by PRYCE(m): 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
Omenka Omenka! Well done Ooo!
Re: Ekweremadu Praises Obasanjo, Advices APC On How To Retain Power. by CharlyNick: 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
Chief Adviser

(1) (Reply)

‘impossible. MTN Cannot Pay N1.04trn NCC Fine’ / Thank You GEJ, Okonja, Aganga And Co. / The New Party In Town.... YOUTH DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.