Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud (2862 Views)

DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja / EFCC Arrests Ex-Governor Lamido And Sons Over Money Laundering / EFCC Begins Probe Of Ex-governor Akpabio Over Alleged N108.1bn Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by IVORY2009(m): 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:
As usual Yorubas would come to this thraed to masturbate as usual!! When the thief Fashola gave a lame excuse to the senate on the N78 million scam,they all hailed him and called him superb!!
Bunch of hypocrites!!

Chukwudi~ Quick quick edit dis post ...
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by babdap: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
Watching in 3D
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
When will the EFCC go after Fashola,Amaechi,the Yobe INEC REC etc!! Anti-corruption war indeed!!

I think its high time the great people of the south-south stood up and said no to the selective harrassment of it's political leaders while criminals like Fashola and Obasanjo are given royal treatment at aso rock.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by aresa: 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:
Initial gragra!!! Nothing will come out of it!!! Akpabio wpuld be interrogated ans allowed to go home!! Later on the case would continue to linger in the courts!!

BTW Ministerial Nominee Rotimi Amaechi has already been indicted by a judicial commission of enquiry for N97billion scam,when is the EFCC going after him

EFCC acts based on petitions filed with the EFCC, not on back and forth rubbish in some silly kangaroo panel with zero legal relevance.

The senseless and irresponsible wike in Rivers obviously don't know the EFCC's address or even if there's an entity in Nigeria called EFCC.

Obviously, he knows he has nothing against Amaechi worthy of EFCC's time and scrutiny.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
IVORY2009:

Chukwudi~ Quick quick edit dis post ...

What is there to edit? Most yorubas on this forums as bloody hypocrites and that is the simple truth!! Even in terms of performance Godswill Akpabio is unarguably the best ever Governor in the history of Nigeria!! His insfracstural transformation of Akwa Ibom is simply mind blowing!! He is much more better than your over-hyped Fashola
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by IVORY2009(m): 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
We're watching..
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by chronique(m): 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
Nigeria!!! A petition was written against an ex-PDP governor and the efcc arrests him for interrogation. A petition was also written against an ex-APC governor but he wasn't invited nor arrested by the efcc,but is being nominated for ministerial position. Same issues but diverse scales for judgement. Buhari is truly a man of integrity. Buhari,I hail thee!!!
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
This man indicted himself the more with the kind of comments he made in during the ministerial screen, especially on Diedani.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by TRUTHTOPOWER: 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
aresa:
The richest state in Nigeria and the largest yearly state budget in the whole of west africa delivered only...

1. A few roads in Uyo

2. 1 flyover

3. 1 bridge

4. I cinema

5. 1 library

6. 1 football field.

Akpabio the former governor was unable to get any decent hospital or clinic in his richest state in Nigeria to wrap bandage around around his leg hence jetting to london for bandage..

...but he left his people an empty building with rented and taken away equipment he labeled hospital..

Statistical grand slam!
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
aresa:

EFCC acts based on petitions filed with the EFCC, not on back and forth rubbish in some silly kangaroo panel with zero legal relevance.

The senseless and irresponsible wike in Rivers obviously don't know the EFCC's address or even if there's an entity in Nigeria called EFCC.

Obviously, he knows he has nothing against Amaechi worthy of EFCC's time and scrutiny.

So you are claiming ignorant of the numerous petitions filed against Amaechi and Fashola!!! You hypocrites you never cease to amaze me!! APC can brag about anything but certainly anti-corruption war is not one of them.

A very stinking Rotimi Amaechi. And Babatunde Amaechi are sent o the senate even in the midst of the dirtiest of scandals and yet some fools still want me to beleive this regime is anchored on anti-corruption.
I am yet to talk about the criminal Abubakar Audu who is facing trial for N11billion fraud yet the same "holy" party deemed it fit to hand over their gubernatorial ticket to him!!!
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by IVORY2009(m): 7:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

What is there to edit? Most yorubas on this forums as bloody hypocrites and that is the simple truth!! Even in terms of performance Godswill Akpabio is unarguably the best ever Governor in the history of Nigeria!! His insfracstural transformation of Akwa Ibom is simply mind blowing!! He is much more better than your over-hyped Fashola

You're tribalist in nature, for few days now, I hv been following all ur post, I discovered dat u can not survive without tribal setiment, which is very bad of u, I hv to do one or two checks about ur background and discover dat u are an advanced man, now back to wat u wrote, Akpanbio is frm same South-south with me, he received the lion share of revenue frm the federal goverment, der is a saying, to whom much is given, much is expected, check Akwa Ibom's revenue per yr.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
chronique:
Nigeria!!! A petition was written against an ex-PDP governor and the efcc arrests him for interrogation. A petition was also written against an ex-APC governor but he wasn't invited nor arrested by the efcc,but is being nominated for ministerial position. Same issues but diverse scales for judgement. Buhari is truly a man of integrity. Buhari,I hail thee!!!

Dont mind the idiots!! Shebi the matter would get to the courts!! Lets see how far they will go with the case!! I bet you that they have nothing on him!!! They are only doing initial gragra to intimidate the senators into clearing Amaechi!! The dullard would soon find out that he has sealed Amaechi's fate!!! This current senate would show him how powerful the senate really is
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
IVORY2009:

You're tribalist in nature, for few days now, I hv been following all ur post, I discovered dat u can not survive without tribal setiment, which is very bad of u, I hv to do one or two checks about ur background and discover dat u are an advanced man, now back to wat u wrote, Akpanbio is frm same South-south with me, he received the lion share of revenue frm the federal goverment, der is a saying, to whom much is given, much is expected, check Akwa Ibom's revenue per yr.

Godswill Akpabio perfomed far more better than all the SW governors put together including the much overhyped Fashola!!! If you are jealous of the huge revenues accrued to his state simply go and develop oil in your own backyard and quit eyeing another man's money!!! You should even be grateful they are taking just 13% of their oil money and leaving the remaining 87% for your barren brown roof states to survive!! You should be grateful for their magnanimity.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by aresa: 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

So you are claiming ignorant of the numerous petitions filed against Amaechi and Fashola!!! You hypocrites you never cease to amaze me!! APC can brag about anything but certainly anti-corruption war is not one of them.

A very stinking Rotimi Amaechi. And Babatunde Amaechi are sent o the senate even in the midst of the dirtiest of scandals and yet some fools still want me to beleive this regime is anchored on anti-corruption.
I am yet to talk about the criminal Abubakar Audu who is facing trial for N11billion fraud yet the same "holy" party deemed it fit to hand over their gubernatorial ticket to him!!!

1. Whatever was sent to the EFCC against Fashola about N78 million website was misplaced and misguided. The petition should have been against the folks in the state agencies responsible for the contracts.

2. The folks peddling the petition are yet to come out categorically to accuse the former governor regarding any stolen funds, funds traced to his bank account or any form of embezzlement.

3. GEJ won't go to jail for what other people in his administration did so what's your point?

4. Instead of Wike's kangaroo panel, he should send his case and facts to the EFCC.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by maupe: 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
Brilliant. How best to take the public spotlight away from the recent bomb attacks and the shameless, incompetent way our security system has fallen apart: simple, you arrest and interrogate a top dog in the opposition. Now everyone is talking about Akpabio, and NOONE is talking about the bomb blasts. Everyone has retreated to the trenches, and the major problem has been forgotten. I don't know who gives the president this sick ideas, but whoever, it is, he or she will rather the country burns, than give up their job.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by lekan29ice(m): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:
As usual Yorubas would come to this thraed to masturbate as usual!! When the thief Fashola gave a lame excuse to the senate on the N78 million scam,they all hailed him and called him superb!!
Bunch of hypocrites!!
Why mentioning Yoruba here ... u pple like trouble....
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by IVORY2009(m): 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

Godswill Akpabio perfomed far more better than all the SW governors put together including the much overhyped Fashola!!! If you are jealous of the huge revenues accrued to his state simply go and develop oil in your own backyard and quit eyeing another man's money!!! You should even be grateful they are taking just 13% of their oil money and leaving the remaining 87% for your barren brown roof states to survive!! You should be grateful for their magnanimity.

Chukwudi, nobody is disputing dat fact, he performed no doubt, but with high revenue in his possession, I started by saying I'm frm south-south, those sw states don't hv monies shared to them on like Akwa Ibom and Rivers States respectively, Fashola frm Lagos tried, by using his states IGR to its advantage, der is nothing like tribal here, and also don't forget frm the write-up, an indigene of Akwa-Ibom state, pertition efcc, consigning Akpanbio issue.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by aresa: 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

Do you mind listing exactly what he delivered?

Apart from the few roads and flyover, he commissioned less than 5 projects after 8 years in office and largest state budgets in Nigeria with just 5 million people.

The man couldn't even complete 1 single hospital in 8 years and he end up lying to his people and Nigeria with 1 empty building with zero equipment and staff he labeled hospital.

Schools - ZERO

Hospitals - ZERO

Clinics - ZERO

Skills centers - ZERO

Water Works - ZERO

Btw, the hospitals Fashola built alone in Lagos state are more than all the projects akpabio managed to deliver in his 8 years in office combined...

https://www.nairaland.com/2322688/fashola-vs-akpabio-updated-projects

^^^^ We don't even have to discuss it because we discussed this issues with projects and pictures.

Fashola delivered projects that spanned over several pages while akpabio's projects didn't even fill half of 1 single NL page.

Stop spewing rubbish abeg..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by ArodeTsolaye: 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
They should let him be. Afterall.... "Governors don't sign the chequebooks, they only spend what the accountant-general signs off inflated or deflated, no question asked. "-Babatunde Fashole (2015)
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by CharlyNick: 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
He knows how he got things from Jonathan. He will use same method to wipe the case file under carpet
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by jaytee01(m): 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

And so he is free to loot state funds?
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio Over Fraud by jaytee01(m): 10:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
IVORY2009:

Chukwudi, nobody is disputing dat fact, he performed no doubt, but with high revenue in his possession, I started by saying I'm frm south-south, those sw states don't hv monies shared to them on like Akwa Ibom and Rivers States respectively, Fashola frm Lagos tried, by using his states IGR to its advantage, der is nothing like tribal here, and also don't forget frm the write-up, an indigene of Akwa-Ibom state, pertition efcc, consigning Akpanbio issue.
Don't mind that corrupt fooool

(1) (2) (Reply)

105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report / My Experience In Aba Today / Inconclusive Elections – A New Concept We Must Embrace And Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.