Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,362 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:09 PM

A Robot-doctor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Robot-doctor (2644 Views)

Very Soon,robots Will Replace Doctors.wil You Let A Robot Treat You? / My Dad's Doctor Attitude Shocked Me (pls Read My Story) / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Robot-doctor by origina9ja(f): 10:14am On Apr 29, 2009
In New Zealand, researchers are getting quite excited at creating robots that will replace Dr’s and some of their lower tasks to keep their workload smaller. The robots will be programmed with the ability to take blood pressure, heart beat and helping patients in letting them know what’s happening and why they are waiting around for hours on end with no answers from the Dr’s.

A new robotic research lab was opened in Auckland which will provide the path to a more automated health service. These robots will be able to interact with patients as they use speech recognition tools to communicate allowing the patients to feel “more at ease” with these robots. .8 million has been put forwards for this research along side another 3.7 mil from the Korean side who is working on this joint project.

I am not convinced about this though. Would you really want a robot walking or rolling up to you and introducing it’s self as your Dr? I think it will be a while before I’d trust the system.

would you allow a robot doctor 2 treat u?

Re: A Robot-doctor by MrCrackles(m): 10:16am On Apr 29, 2009
Coy!

(1) (Reply)

Treatment And Permanent Cure For Dandruff / The Unbelievable Things OAU Medical Students Saw During An Outreach (Photos) / Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.