Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,705 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (60859 Views)

Ndi Igbos Ke Way / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Breaking Guinea Conakry Foreign Affair Recognise Eze Igbo Guinea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by superior1: 8:48am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

Ondo state is the one with rocks and forest all over if I remember well, so if I come to Ondo and I want to start breaking these rocks into gravel whicb I would pay for to the govt, if after I start and I measure it and pay royalty to the state so if my company doesnt know that there is a reverred stone in ondo dat nobody should touch and I dont know that and I touch it, instead of u people to have warned me before now because am an igbo man even my workers that are yorubas wont gimme a tip off saying "Oga dat stone na sacred one no touch am o" they would allow me touch it so that there village head would gimme a friendly invitation to his palace only to tell some youths to hide at his backyard with cane when I to respect the oba, someone I cud just shun if the worst happen I enter the nearest bus back to the east, but I respected his throne by honouring his invitation greeted him bowed to him only for the moment am about to raise my face some youths pounce on me and start flogging me....Its not so o.

The said Eze isn't a stranger like you purported, if he has lived long enough to get a leadership title from his folks, he is not new to the traditions of his host
That said, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 17, 2015
ishiamu:

Ur mentioning your fellow tribalist I can help call em out more

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Godsonkemz(m): 8:50am On Oct 17, 2015
Firefire:
I don't support this call outrightly but...

“It is globally accepted that there cannot be two kings in the same domain as there cannot be two captains in the same boat.”

However, this calls is against the spirit of National Unity and Oneness, BUT our Igbo brothers and sisters should tread softly and let understand our limitation when on foreign land until the law is amended.

Agba ki wa lo ja, ki ori omo tuntun wo oooo.

I am proudly Nigerian and not advocating for any tribe / race.

You are really a patriotic Nigerian. Wish others reason like you. U have no cause for alarm. Igbos are not interested in running the affairs of the land but to seek for the interest of their investements and to profer solutions on how to better the lots of their members and the society. We are peace lovers and we don't engage in anti-community development activities. The emergence of igbos in the west have brought a tremedous development. And likewise we welcome every tribes with good people oriented agenda to our land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by KingsWillRoyal: 8:50am On Oct 17, 2015
THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT OF CLAIMS THAT THE IGBO'S ARE FROM ISRAEL , BUT I DISCOVERED THAT, THE IGBOS AND ISRAELITE , SHARE SOMETHING IN COMMON, WHICH IS "THE BLESSING" THEIR ABILITY TO MULTIPLY IF GIVEN A LITTLE. THE NORTHERNERS ARE CRYING OVER THE ALLOCATION GIVEN TO THEM WHICH IS HIGHER THAN THAT OF THE EAST, BUT THE EAST HAS BEEN ABLE TO DO MORE. WATCH THIS VIDEO AND YOU WILL BE SHOCKED THAT THE HATRED FOR IGBOS STARTED OVER 100 YEARS AGO http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=8y1Zpk4DrlA&feature=related
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Gamesmart: 8:51am On Oct 17, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Yoruba should stop diverting attention. A yoruba general has just been sentenced to death, Fualnis have captured the entire yorubaland. These are the real issues. Yorubas should man up and confront their masters and not picking side battles. Anyway, the news is a welcome development for some reasons.

So it appears you are saying Yorubas should pick on someone their own size and not turn to bully minnows?

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by IYANGBALI: 8:51am On Oct 17, 2015
afonjay:
Dis is not enugu mulatociaro here is Utako distrect abuja.
kai so na photo of abuja omo heboe dey take lie say na their town. Shebuzor oleeeeeeeeee barau

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by nochildsplay(m): 8:52am On Oct 17, 2015
francizy:

Which one does the Fulani herdsmen belong to? Are they Igbos too?

Keep turning the truth on its head.

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by tetfundfraudale: 8:53am On Oct 17, 2015
I'm igbo.I'm in total support. There can not be two paraell chiefs.why is it not so in igbo land!Oba of Anambra or kabiyesi of Enugu.my igbo folks They are right. If u are igbo/Hausa/youruba in youruba land what we have is our respective community meetings.Very soon with the way my brodas are going Igbo man will contest for Oba of Lagos.Abeg culture na culture.My Yoruba brodas I support una on this.
In fact Oba of Lagos is a weakling compared to Eze ndi igbo in Lagos.
Very soon igbo man will rule Lagos
Very soon oba of Lagos will be igbo
Very soon Lag gov will be igbo
Very soon all lag land be owed by igbo

I'm igbo let's aspire but no to two rulers in a town.
Igbo kwenu!Onye aghara nwanne ya
Ndi Yoruba na atu egwu.Ala Nile anyi ga ego ya tupu 2050 abia

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Lekewatt(m): 8:53am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:
Thank God... am happy with the development, yorubas shud also start treating igbos with hostility.
They are set of people who learn by hard experience, back then when we were in school, we and d ppl in our clique asked each other where we would base of all of them I was the only one that choose igbo land, they thought they were wise, I pray dz continues so much that for any igbo man to buy even half plot of land outside igbo land would be war.
why to the yorubas that sent for a man who respected and honoured there Obas call and went to see him, if in yoruba land another king cant come into there palace with a crown, all they wud do before they usher him into the palace is tell him to remove it, they allowed him in planned youths to lurk around with canes because they knew what they wanted to do and looked for the flimsiest excuse or mis yarn to insult him and belittle him. I am happy this is happening because I keep count in it ti score my points. But yorubas we igbos wud be merciful when ur time comes I promise u, that mantle u hold thats making u insult others would be taken away from u one day.
u wasted a whole space to write puan.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Sagamite(m): 8:53am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

if in london u dont wear crown before the queen u won't be allowed to come in and u wud be asked to remove it or leave, u people allowed him pass the Obas gate security guards didnt tell him, he passed doors, greeted people nobody told him, was ushered to the palace while he waited for the Oba nobody told him, then when the oba came they used it as an excuse to carry out there plans, and to proove my assertions true the day it happened was not a weekend neither was a festival going on, how did youths appear suddenly with kane, youths up to that number for that matter, u guys shud just tell the world the truth u yorubas and your oba had him in mind that; that day was his day. fullstop.

So he was too dumb to have the common sense not to have and wear a crown to the King of the Kingdom?

And you want to blame others for not telling him?

You are a fuuktard!

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by DelticStephEn(f): 8:53am On Oct 17, 2015
9jacrip:

Need I remind you of Ore? Need I remind you of Black Scorplipsrsealed? Alabi Isama? Alani Akinrinade to mention a few.

Don't be dnmb, Kwara is a conglomerate - Nupe, Bariba, Fulani and Yoruba. Kwara is already demarcated due to settlements along ethnic lines. So, from Ilorin South: Ganmo to Offa is Oduduwa's and we have no reason to worry.

Don't bother about the Fulani, Olodumare will take care of them.
Yoruba and lies.
the first Yoruba war.
ordinary darhomy women defeated you guys.
I don't know uf you have gone to Google to make research about kwara state DAT was formally own by Yoruba before d fulanis conquered the Yoruba there.
they HV even made it clear that if Nigeria divide today that Yoruba will never take kwara and kogi with them.
chai Yoruba.
you guys and lies are like five and six
# http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-
square/69271-north-ready-nigeria-s-breakup-if-
junaid-muhammed.html

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by francizy(m): 8:55am On Oct 17, 2015
[quote author=nochildsplay post=39067389][/quote]

You don't understand and will never understand what am saying till the evil deeds of the Fulani herdsmen will visit you.. angry

Rubbish! angry
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by sukkot: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2015
liberty300:
yea, the Hausas rape, kidnap murder and pillage through your towns but no..focus on the Igbo man that caused you harm by his dressing to an event.. Clap for yourself, you get sense
i think you miss the point. the hausa and fulani who come to kidnap and murder are criminals who are rejected in the north but these people only injure their victims but not the whole yoruba land. however a man who says the whole yoruba land is no mans land is more dangerous than a fulani man who just kills one person. the tongue is more powerful than the sword

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2015
good suggestion.
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by FreeGlobe(f): 8:56am On Oct 17, 2015
Gamesmart:

So it appears you are saying Yorubas should pick on someone their own size and not turn to bully minnows?
no, it means yorubas should face the people who are attacking and humiliating them in their own soil. Igbos are not ready for them yet..
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by FKO81(m): 8:58am On Oct 17, 2015
In Yoruba land the activities of the beggars are not limited to parties. At bus stops in our cities, it is a common sight to see women most of who are still in their mid thirties, who would strap a baby at their backs and approach men with stories of despair to solicit for alms. Many of them would end up in bed with such men. This is another brand of alamajiri and these are Yoruba women. A violent version of almajiri but which is gradually being tackled in Lagos is the 'Area Boys' syndrome. These are Yoruba street urchins who are semi- armed robbers.-Hakeem Jamiu
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by ghuzy01: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2015
gbosaa:

In what way are the Igbos disrespectful??

Would you dare go to a cattle market to mess with their leadership? Would you appoint a babaloja over a miyetti Allah chief??

Would an oba dare summon a miyetti Allah chief to his palace, close his ranch/market at his whims even though those places are full of shanks, dirts and stink to high heaven?

I don't support the proliferation of Eze ndi Igbos but I think the Yorubas should stay clear of this. Any group of people should come together and appoint someone to represent them. Eze ndi Igbos are tasked with affairs related to Igbos and they are not in competition with obas or Yoruba chiefs.

The man who was allegedly crowned at the dejis palace should not have been crowned there. What nonsense was that? i don't support Ezes outside of Igbo land, that's my opinion but if he must be crowned, it mustn't be in any obas, deji or whatever name they are called palaces. That in itself is sacrilege.
I read d rubbish you wrote nd just felt pity for you,it's not your fault though its because d yoruba s 're very accommodating nd you felt at home in their land nd you later grew wings to wear a crown to d king.can you try that with d sultan or emir of kano,maiguguri or gombe.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by DelticStephEn(f): 8:58am On Oct 17, 2015
superstar1:
I am waiting for those jokers of Ohaneze to issue their usual lame ultimatum of going to ICC.

They do not have an iota of resoecr for others.

To them, yorubas are dirty and Aba and Onitsha are like the way they are. There is no place in the whole of yorubaland that is like those despicable cesspit of Aba and Onitsha.

To them, every other person is lazy because they are not into following their crime infested lives. At best they are involved in a no brainer of sabotaging our economy by dealing in only importation of fake products.

Bunch of clowns.
you mean d way you Yoruba littered your Fake Herbal Products all over Nigeria?
Lola.
you guys will make good comedians.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Gamesmart: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2015
FreeGlobe:

no, it means yorubas should face the people who are attacking and humiliating them in their own soil. Igbos are not ready for them yet..

All your post on this thread seem to suggest Fulani's are strong and Yorubas are just picking on the weaker Igbo because it is easier.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

The Sarkin hausawa(s) and Sarkin fulani(s) never and will never disrespect their hosts.

It is the y1bos that disrespect their hosts.
And the fulanis not only drag farmland with you but also kill and kidnap you elders for ransom. I will a disrespectful fellow who brings business and investment to my place to a respectful fellow who is a killer
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by babestella: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2015
Rayhut:
Freedom of association is allowed in Nigerian constitution, Igbos are free to have Eze Ndi Igbo in their state of abode, if they have a community of Igbos that come together and decide that a particular person will be their leader, there is nothing wrong in it, but the said Ezeh should not interfere in the affairs of the king of the native of that town or parade himself as King because it is just an appointed post by his people and not a real king. About recognition, the governor and Obas should not recognize them as king, they should recognize them as a representer of his own people. Group of people speaking the same language and living outside their domain suppose to have a leader to protect their interest, that is why they have Sarakin Fulani, Hausa in Lagos.

Ignorance is what is causing this misunderstanding and I am ashamed that Yoruba leaders will make such devious call in a country that is already fragile and on the brink.

I suggest they try and find out what Eze Ndigbo means in context so that they can understand it not about being a "king" but the leader of his people in a community.
Eze ndigbo does not stop the oba or Yoruba kings from collecting his tax and dues and does not disrupt the traditions of the land. I don't know where this hate is coming from but yorubas need to slow the tempo in other not to start what will consume everyone and we will later realize we could had lived in peace as brothers and sisters.
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Sagamite(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2015
chuna1985:

So when a Yoruba oba visits an igbo king in imo state, should be remove his clothes n crown n wear mufty just because he's in igbo land

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

You are comparing a visiting monarch to a riff-raff appointing himself as a monarch!

Fuuktard, which failed schools produced you?

6 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by ghostmist: 9:01am On Oct 17, 2015
DeLaRue:
I went to Benin city earlier this year, and I was in no doubt I was in a 'foreign land' and conducted myself carefully knowing I was far from 'home'.

Even when l'm in Abuja I feel the same. I feel and know I'm a stranger there. It would be no different from being in Accra or Lome. This feeling did not stop me from doing my business and being friendly with people in Benin or Abuja, but inside me & irrespective of what the Constitution says, I exercised caution in these places at all times. I saw myself as an immigrant in both cities.

I am surprised Igbos seem chocked when they are told they are foreigners in Yorubaland. You are.

So, in essence, there is nothing like one Nigeria?
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2015
Mee234:

And the fulanis not only drag farmland with you but also kill and kidnap you elders for ransom. I will a disrespectful fellow who brings business and investment to my place to a respectful fellow who is a killer

FYI, I am no Yoruba.
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by ransomed: 9:02am On Oct 17, 2015
We call Yorubas cowards, they are now showing attributes of a real man and we are complaining. Eze ndigbo title should not put "sand" in our garri. We need Yorubas as they need Ibos. Please, let us respect our cultural differences and harness our similarities for unity and peaceful co-existence. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by nochildsplay(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2015
francizy:

You don't understand and will never understand what am saying till the evil deeds of the Fulani herdsmen will visit you.. angry

Rubbish! angry
are you a member of the Fulani herbsmen ?
Don't worry, since the last kidnap of Falae( in which the kidnappers where laterly caught and admitted to be fulani herbmen) the OPC has vowed to get ride of them...... So relax...... A shi ma pe yin, koti kan yin ( we will soon call you, it's not your turn)

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by johnmark1234(m): 9:04am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Sagamite(m): 9:04am On Oct 17, 2015
DeLaRue:
Igbos just seem to be a very difficult lot. They will not try to understand the feelings of others.

In Yoruba tradition, the control of markets was central to a King's authority and even with modernisation, democracy, Constitutions etc, markets remain a key bastion of a King's authority. Even civilian governments try & carry the King along when it comes to market matters.

This social contract / understanding between the locals & their traditional rulers dates back centuries, hence why you'll never see a Yoruba man/woman challenge a King over a market.

But now,this arrangement which has served to preserve social order in Yoruba land for centuries is being put in jeopardy because Igbos say it doesn't suit them! They want to control these markets becos of something called democracy or modernisation. This is very insensitive. Why can't Igbos consider other people's feelings?

I can authoritatively tell you that Igbirra constitute about 10 per cent of the voting population of Ondo State, but you'll never see them behave like this.

I think it's unfortunate the man was manhandled, but that's the danger when you push people to the wall.

It's as if the Igbos have an agenda to forment inter tribal chaos. As a stranger in a land, yes, you can challenge some things, but challenging a people's tradition in this way is peculiar to Igbos and ill advised.

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Which Igbos are you talking about?
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Sunnyade01(m): 9:05am On Oct 17, 2015
Ibos always trying hard to pit Yorubas against Hausa/Fulani. This will never work cos Yorubas are not fools (Yoruba n Ron - Yorubas are very deep). In the last 10 years, I haven't heard any single Northern elite or leader make a tribalist statement against Yorubas. And the Yorubas don't see Northerners as enemies except for the few selfish politicians like FKK. The issue is about Eze Ndigbo in Yorubalan. It has nothing to do with Hausa/Fulani.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by sukkot: 9:05am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

I dont want Biafra but if my plans ever come to past u yorubas would wish they gave Igbos Biafra when they had the chance.
if igbos were to hv Biafra there would be no fun in it anymore.
so your agitation for biafra is the fun part but deep down you dont really want biafra ? lmao. clown

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Buhari Summons Tinubu, Ambode / #EndSARS Protest: Man Shot In His Penis In Delta State (Pix, Video) / Buhari And Okorocha Watching Nigerian-Cameroon Match: Spot The Difference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.