Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation (47482 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Writes To Congratulate Trump On His Inaguaration / Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation / Kalu Writes Obasanjo: You Are Corrupt Sir! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by omenka(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has written to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, seeking the latter’s blessing for his next public engagement: the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation, and pledging to spend the rest of his life making the world better place.

The foundation will advance Mr. Jonathan’s interest in human development, peace and security, the letter, which begins with the endearing greeting,

“Dear Baba”, said.

The letter was written on a letterhead which says “The Office of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, President, Federal Republic of Nigeria 2010 and 2015.”

In it, he informs Chief Obasanjo that following his handing-over of power to President Muhammadu Buhari, he proceeded on a “long deserved break.”

“Now well-rested, I am back to work to continue to serve and dedicate my life to promoting peace and prosperity for all,” adding that he has set up an office in BayelsaState where he can be reached, and his staff are prepared to serve Chief Obasanjo and respond to his enquiries at any time.

“Furthermore, I will be devoting the rest of my life and energy to making the world a better place. I am currently finalizing efforts to set up The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation. More details on the work of the Foundation will be available at the launch, which I believe should take place by the 3rd quarter of 2016.”

He said he looked forward to Mr. Obasanjo’s continuous support, counsel and cooperation.

Given the bad blood that governed the relationship between both men towards the end of Mr. Jonathan’s presidency, the letter seemed to be an attempt at rapprochement with the former president.

SaharaReporters learnt, however, that Mr. Obasanjo responded to Jonathan with a terse letter saying he wishes him good luck in his future endeavors.

Obasanjo and Jonathan had a public falling-out before and during the Presidential elections earlier this year. The acrimonious relationship led the former president to tear his party card openly.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/10/16/%E2%80%98dear-baba%E2%80%99-jonathan-writes-obasanjo-seeks-blessing-new-foundation

Lalasticlala, I dey laff oo!!! grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Mogidi: 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2015
Olusegun Obasanjo, seeking the latter’s blessing for his next public engagement: the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation, and pledging to spend the rest of his life making the world better place.

I always feel like killing my enemies but God please give me some of Jonathan's attributes.
This is why Dr Jonathan is revered.
This is why Dr Jonathan is lucky.
This is why Dr Jonathan became a hero in defeat.

No bad bone in his body.

[img]http://www.aitonline.tv/pix/NewsImages/8811.jpg[/img]

396 Likes 53 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Beesluv: 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2015
good.

Yorubas will say "eni to ba Mo owo we, lo ma ba agba jeun"

We will reason his matter come 2035

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by omenka(m): 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
Mogidi:
ok
Patiently waiting for your useless comment. Even your lord is falling in line. cheesy

You guys simply don't know shiiit.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by omenka(m): 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2015
Lalasticlala, abeg help me rearrange this stuff. I dey drive on a long journey.
Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by INTROVERT(f): 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2015

2 Likes

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by IykeChukz(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2015
Please Gej, stop raising dust... That Baba is heart heartened.

Don't know who is deceiving who... Just confused seeing Sahara Reporters as source.

1 Like

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Lanceslot(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2015
The real definition of meekness. Perfect gentleman. Long live GEJ.

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Mogidi: 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
omenka:
Patiently waiting for your useless comment. Even your lord is falling in line. cheesy

You guys simply don't know shiiit.

This would only help in strengthening our belief in the man Jonathan, thanks for posting this incredible news.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by madridguy(m): 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
GEJ can make person open teeth.

First of all, go get borehole for your people in Otuoke cos they need water badly. You don't longer need OBJ blessing since you have the support of the likes of the association of witches and wizard, association of hell gate keeper " corrupt wings of CAN " Asari Dokubo and Pa Orubebe.....

Jonathan can be funny.

Oga na master
OBJ na baba anyday anytime

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by BrosPeter: 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
ok
Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by DuchessLily(f): 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
OK nau!

1 Like

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by MizMyColi(f): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2015
Mogidi:

No bad bone in his body.

None at all!
God Bless Our Former President.

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by aieromon(m): 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2015
Baba doesn't forgive.

GEJ, be warned and go back to Clark or Anenih for "support". Baba wants to see you in jail.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by FastShipping: 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2015
So Jonathan sent a letter to "motor park tout"?

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Chanchit: 7:27pm On Oct 17, 2015
If Mogidi, Barcanista and their other wailers can think like the Hero they are still wailing for, their life would be free of bad blood by now.
Trust Obasanjo, he has hit his target, so he has no problem with GEJ's future endeavor.
We all wish you Good luck, Mr. Jonathan.

20 Likes

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Kenzico(m): 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
He should have also thrown more information on the next step for MaMa peace

3 Likes

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Firefire(m): 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
Mogidi:

I always feel like killing my enemies but God please give me some of Jonathan's attributes.

No bad bone in his body.

That is the Hero of Modern Democracy in Africa.

God bless your future endeavors sir... Dr. Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
GEJ, GEJ, GEJ, Wetin dey worry you? He who the gods fight his battles still dines with his enemies.

Anyway, na your destiny shaa cos if na me, I for don submit obj name in the shrine of my village oracle.

That man get the heart of a devil and the bible says spare not the witch... angry

12 Likes

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by luvinhubby(m): 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
Highly commendable, speaks volumes of GEJ,s humility and meekness.
The world has not heard the last of this man, most likely the next UN secretary general.

'Quote me' and win a fairly used planet. cool

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Stephansmily(f): 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
GEJ our hero

GEJ our pride

GEJ our able presido

OBj is a thug...PMB a dullard

But our dear GEJ was and is still being witchhunted coz he is a perfect gentleman.

My dear people of Naija, OBJ, PMB, Amaechi, El Rufai et all, please show dis man some love and respect.

GEJ, may all those witch hunting u know no peace..iseee!

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Firefire(m): 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
Lanceslot:
The real definition of meekness. Perfect gentleman. Long live GEJ.

You are absolutely right.

No bad blood, no bad belle, even when the children of hate continue their evil and malicious accusation, GEJ o ri ti won ro.

God bless GEJ for life.

Haters can go join their fore fathers cool

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by heywhytech1(m): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
GEJ should rather address his letter to Nigerians, because he caused a lot of hardship to us not OBJ, by the way OBJ doesn't forgive. If u find it dim to write apology letter to us, kindly advise your fellow offenders to surrender our stolen money and let them know that stealing is now corruption under this current dispensation.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Adminisher: 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
Nobody knows what to make of this. If it is an act of humility , it is a little overdone.The Jonathan Presidential library and UN assignments are not in competition with Obj or Abdusalami's. Obasanjo's blessing is not required for anything Jonathan does going forward.
It is a all a little too overdone

14 Likes

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by NextGovernor(m): 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2015
If homo is legalise all over the world, I will accept Jonathan against
Obama as my partner. The love I have for him is just too much.

A man who personally averted the disastrous plan by US to break
Nigeria in 2015 and saved many life that would have be killed.

I love you Jonathan #nohomo

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
What is so special about Obj that GEJ and Atiku keep going to him?

4 Likes

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by omenka(m): 7:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
luvinhubby:
Highly commendable, speaks volumes of GEJ,s humility and meekness.
The world has not heard the last of this man, most likely the next UN secretary general.

'Quote me' and win a fairly used planet. cool
I don give una food tonyt ba. cheesy

But you guys said Obj is a paper weight politician who isn't important even in Ogun- so pray tell, why is GEJ grovelling before him?? grin

17 Likes

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Firefire(m): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
What OBJ the greedy and selfish General, who planned secretly for 3RD TERM could not do, GEJ is doing perfectly.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Richie0974: 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by CR77(f): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
Really

GEJ my Hero kiss kiss

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by gunuvi(m): 7:44pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kudos to the great Democrat of our time.
GEJ should continue to be a model for democracy and how a. Leader should be. I am very sure OBJ will not attend because of ego problem. GEJ lost and commend the winner but OBJ during his time spent money energy and time to lobby for a failed third term bid.
If OBJ likes it or not, GEJ has moved on and is not angry with anyone.
GEJ my hero!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 17, 2015
This guy should just open a school or something...

Street no feat am! undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Pulls Massive Crowd On A 3x Bigger Venue Than The APC Campaign Rally Venue / Silver-spoon Lawmakers: Dambazau, Mark And Other Children Of The Rich, Powerful / LEAKED: Letters From APC To Senate President Saraki, Speaker Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.