Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God (51166 Views)

10 Bible Verses To Read On OVERCOMING TRIALS / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by iliyande(m): 7:13am On Oct 18, 2015
Christians pray, but we don't always feel we're very good at it.

Christians pray – it's what we do. But sometimes we don't feel like it, sometimes we wonder what it's achieving, and sometimes we just don't know how.

Here is a framework for prayer based on the word ACTS:

Adoration: begin by remembering who God is and praising him for his creation and redemption.

Confession: admit that you are not the person you ought to be and bring to mind the things that you've done wrong. Say you're sorry.

Thanksgiving: spend time thinking about the good things in your life and thank God for them. Count your blessings.

Supplication: last of all, ask God for things. We may not understand how prayer 'works', but we can still believe God hears us when we pray.

We can learn a lot about prayer from seeing how people prayed in the Bible. When we do that we see that they didn't always find it easy either and that they probably had many of the same questions and frustrations that we do.

So here are 10 verses to encourage us as we think about prayer (all NIV).

1. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4: 6-7)

2. When you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words (Matthew 6:7).

3. When you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind (James 1:6).

4. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective (James 5:16).

5. When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place (Psalm 118:5).

6. I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you (Matthew 5:44).

7. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans (Romans 8:26).

8. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth (Psalm 145:18).

9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

10. Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Cc:lalasticlala

208 Likes 50 Shares

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by LEOSIRSIR(m): 7:14am On Oct 18, 2015
Praise God
Ok
guyz today is my birthday oo u should all show some love with like

174 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by CountDracula(m): 7:17am On Oct 18, 2015
You've made somebody's day more hopeful. Thanks

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Adiwana: 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
k
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by damilareoye: 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
God bless you op.... just like the sermon in church today..... God truly answers prayers.

"Be a Blessing to your Family"

20 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by jamex93(m): 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
hallelujah

God is good

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by eleko1: 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
GOD still answer prayer.GOD doesn't move by Ur tear,wailing,rolling on the floor/cry.There are prayer that get to the throne of GRACE/MERCY not the half hearted bread and butter prayer we Cal prayer.The good book says b4 we Kal,HE ANSWER.The secret of answer Prayer is asking according to HIS WILL.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by bosschinalu(m): 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
TђA̲̅n× a lot for the helpful post... Praying for my posting and Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Rastamann: 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you (Matthew 5:44)

This is really a difficult one and one needs the Grace of God to be able to adhere to it.

12 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by gentleman100(m): 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
On threads like these, comments are usually less, why? Because it's not about Buhari, ministers, celebrities, saraki, tinubu, etc

God will save Nigeria.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Jeromejnr(m): 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
Y'all can google the Cokeville Elementary Miracle.

A movie was just made on it. It was a true story.

God indeed answers prayers if you could trust Him.

7 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by fascowilly(m): 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
wonderful
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Sweetyie(f): 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tnx OP. May God bless u

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by hahn(m): 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
The only reason why prayer seems hard is because you are talking to your imagination. How can something that doesn't exist answer your prayers?

And god has to stoop so low and demand all these things just to answer a prayer? undecided

5 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by sotall(m): 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
A prayerful christian is a powerful christian

8 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Onlyhandsome(m): 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
pls friends I can't create a topic datz y am writing here. but if u can help me to create one. I've dis health challenges now, am currently have a serious itching in my anus and I don't no wat to do. pls I need advice and anybody who has suffered such can help asap. if dot mind help me n make it a topic for discussion as to get full in-house advice. thanks as u help.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by HARRYFORD1986: 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
I love this, God bless you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by igbsam(m): 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
cool...for someone like me that only murmur when it comes to prayers.
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by funkymatics(f): 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
He who made the ears shall He not hear? He who formed the eyes shall He not see. psalm 94:9. Challenge Him and He would not fail u. feeling like pastor bimbo odukoya!!!!!

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by FagsamPHP(m): 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ok
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
You need to burn the bible

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
how can Africans be so dedicated to a religion that was forced upon their ancestors by another culture?

This Baffles me, do we really see the white man as Superiors even till ttoday?

4 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Dindondin(m): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
now at kolobo
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by tola9jaa: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
CONVERSATION BETWEEN A
PASTOR AND A
WISE
CHILD:
Pastor: In Jesus Name.
Child: in the Name of who created Jesus and
other things
Pastor: hmm, Why did you say
that?
Child: let's me ask you these
questions, if you could answer them correctly, I
shall abide by
your
doctrine.
Pastor: I am all Hear.
Child: Why do we call Jesus the son of God?
Pastor: it is because, he didn't
have a father .
Child: What of Adam that has
neither father nor
mother or Eve that did not have mother
Pastor: hmm
Child: why some people call him
God.
Pastor: This is because He is
Alpha and omega; the controller of everything.
Child: Did Jesus die and
resurrect?
Pastor: yes, died for three days
and resurrect.
Child: Who was administering day and nights,
moons and sun, animals and
plants, living and
non livings within the two days
of his departure?
Pastor: hmmmm Child: Do you think as mighty as
God is ,he can
create what He can't control
Pastors: Noo
Child : Why did Death kill Jesus
or why is he pleading to someone else to
rescue him.
Pastor: Metaphysics
Child: Metaphysics what?
Child: Lol, it seems you don't
have anything to offer me, because d answers u
ar giving me ar
lyk poo.
Child: I will rather follow Allah
who created
everything including Jesus,Adam,eve etc, who
can
never die because He created
death.
I will rather follow the
invincible and Invisible God of everything.
O God of the world, I m ready to
abide by you ,
no matter how some people
staging terrorist
such Bikoharram ,Isis,Al-Qaeda to
destroy Muslims
and
to tarnish the image of Islam, I
shall remain your
believer. Please, shower your abundant
pleasing on
Prophets Muhammad, Issa -
Jesus , Musa,
Ibrahim ,and a host of others .
Please ,forgive my sins and shower your
blessings
on me....(an amen from me
what about you)

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by tola9jaa: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
Song of Solomon 7:1-13King James Version (KJV)

7 How beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O prince's daughter! the joints of thy thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a cunning workman.

2 Thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies.

3 Thy two[b] breasts[/b] are like two young roes that are twins.

4 Thy neck is as a tower of ivory; thine eyes like the fishpools in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim: thy nose is as the tower of Lebanon which looketh toward Damascus.

5 Thine head upon thee is like Carmel, and the hair of thine head like purple; the king is held in the galleries.

6 How fair and how pleasant art thou, O love, for delights!

7 This thy[b] stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes[/b].

8 I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples;

9 And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine for my beloved, that goeth down sweetly, causing the lips of those that are asleep to speak.

10 I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me.

11 Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the field; let us lodge in the villages.(EMIRATE STADIUM)LOL

12 Let us get up early to the vineyards; let us see if the vine flourish, whether the tender grape appear, and the pomegranates bud forth: there will I give thee my loves.

13 The mandrakes give a smell, and at our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits, new and old, which I have laid up for thee, O my beloved.

Ruth 3:1-4King James Version (KJV)

3 Then Naomi her mother in law said unto her, My daughter, shall I not seek rest for thee, that it may be well with thee?

2 And now is not Boaz of our kindred, with whose maidens thou wast? Behold, he winnoweth barley to night in the threshingfloor.

3 Wash thyself therefore, and anoint thee, and put thy raiment upon thee, and get thee down to the floor: but make not thyself known unto the man, until he shall have done eating and drinking.

4 And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover his feet, and lay thee down; and he will tell thee what thou shalt do.

Proverbs 7:11-14King James Version (KJV)

11 (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

12 Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)

13 So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,

14 I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.

PLEASE BE SINCERE SHOULD CHILDREN BE ALLOW TO READ THESE

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
hahn:
The only reason why prayer seems hard is because you are talking to your imagination. How can something that doesn't exist answer your prayers?

And god has to stoop so low and demand all these things just to answer a prayer? undecided
Another wannabe Atention seeking Atheist/Realist as they call themselves roaming the streets...shocked

And by the way...Prayer doesn't seem hard...It's the easiest Thing to do..what's so Hard there?? .undecided You should try it sometime...maybe the only reason God Doesn't Answer Ur prayers is because you keep deluding yourself unduly into thinking He doesn't Exist..undecided

You're in forlorn sweery...You F*king need Jesus! "grin"
Halelluyah somebody! cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by eleko1: 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
GOD doesn't move by PITY

2 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Ptoocool(m): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:
Joshuabase:
how can Africans be so dedicated to a religion that was forced upon their ancestors by another culture?
This Baffles me, do we really see the white man as Superiors even till ttoday?
ifeness:
LEOSIRSIR:
Praise God
Ok
guyz today is my birthday oo u should all show some love with like

3 Likes

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by BRAINZBox(m): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nice one....permission to copy?
Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by eleko1: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rememberthe Prince of Persia

1 Like

Re: When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
iliyande:
Christians pray, but we don't always feel we're very good at it.

Christians pray – it's what we do. But sometimes we don't feel like it, sometimes we wonder what it's achieving, and sometimes we just don't know how.

Here is a framework for prayer based on the word ACTS:

Adoration: begin by remembering who God is and praising him for his creation and redemption.

Confession: admit that you are not the person you ought to be and bring to mind the things that you've done wrong. Say you're sorry.

Thanksgiving: spend time thinking about the good things in your life and thank God for them. Count your blessings.

Supplication: last of all, ask God for things. We may not understand how prayer 'works', but we can still believe God hears us when we pray.

We can learn a lot about prayer from seeing how people prayed in the Bible. When we do that we see that they didn't always find it easy either and that they probably had many of the same questions and frustrations that we do.

So here are 10 verses to encourage us as we think about prayer (all NIV).

1. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4: 6-7)

2. When you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words (Matthew 6:7).

3. When you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind (James 1:6).

4. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective (James 5:16).

5. When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place (Psalm 118:5).

6. I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you (Matthew 5:44).

7. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans (Romans 8:26).

8. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth (Psalm 145:18).

9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

10. Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Cc:lalasticlala

God already knows all ur heart desires.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caption This Picture Of Kumuyi Preaching To Aregbesola / Pictures From The Dedication Of RCCG City Of David Trinity Towers / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives N500k To Members Wgo Dropped 50 As Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.