Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) (49199 Views)

Notorious Pickpockets Meet Their Waterloo At The Hands Of Pupils In Lagos.Photos / 4 Robbers Meet Waterloo In Rivers State As Troops Raid Another Den In Bayelsa / One-man Robbery Squad Terrorizing Ekosodin Meets Waterloo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by dre11(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2015
■We’ll never allow such wolves in sheep clothing soil the image of the police –CP Karma

FROM NGOZI UWUJARE

The armed robbery cam­paign of some turncoat policemen ended when they were arrested during a joint operation of the Anambra State Commissioner of Police Monitoring Unit and the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the command.

The two policemen, 38-year-old Corporal I.L.O. Peter, serving at Oguta Division of the Imo State Police Command and Constable Nicholas Ogbianu, 37, who was dismissed from the Delta State Police Command, were arrested in Onitsha, Anambra State, for robbery and for impersonation respectively.

Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hosea Karma told Sunday Sun that the Commander of Anambra SARS, Supol James Nwafor and his men had been keep­ing close tabs on the two alleged police culprits, following reports by individuals that they had been robbed or their vehicles snatched on the highway by policemen who were wrongly assumed by innocent members of the public, to be on official duty at checkpoints. Deeply disturbed by the increasing number of such reports, a special dragnet was laid out by the command to apprehend the rotten eggs, whose evil activities had given the police an odorous smell before the public.

It was not long before the perpetrators fell into the net of the police. As Sunday Sun learnt from Karma, the alleged bad egg Corporal Peter and accomplices, Ekene Uche Ohanusi and Benjamin Obinwanne, were caught during one of their operations. Recount­ing some of the past escapades of the gang, Karma said: “The gang has been involved in several cases of armed robbery operations and snatching of cars along Onit­sha-Owerri Expressway and robbed several commercial vehicles both during the day and at night. Also, we also got intelligence informa­tion that some policemen had been robbing people along the highway. So we set up a monitoring team that worked with the Commander of SARS and his men. That was how we arrested the suspect, Corporal Peter and his gang members during their operation.”

He explained that Ogbianu was dismissed from the Delta State Police Command, following his transfer to Adamawa State Police Command in 2013. Karma said that Ogbianu launched into a new ‘career’ of impersonating genu­ine police officers and engaging in illegal duties at Onitsha and collecting money from motorists and commercial motorcyclists. It was in the course of this that officers of the CP’s Monitoring Unit arrested him at No. 1 Anglican Lane, Nkpor-Agu, Upper Iweka, Onitsha, while fully dressed in police uniform.

The suspect, Corporal Peter, who spoke with Sunday Sun said: “I was recruited into the Nigeria Police Force at Oji-Rivers Police College, Enugu State, in 1999 and posted to Imo State Police Command, where I was serving at the Oguta Division of the state command.”

Continuing, he told Sunday Sun: “I formed a gang of armed robbers. We robbed passengers travelling from Anambra State to Imo State. Sometimes, we will mount road block as if we are carrying out stop-and-search, and then rob the people or snatch big cars from the owners. After snatching the car, a member of the gang will sell the car and give me my own share, which may be from N100,000 to N200,000.

Peter further disclosed that he is a native of Udi Local Govern­ment Area, Enugu State, adding he received regular returns from members of his gang even when he was on course at the police college.

His words: “I went on course for promotion to rank of corporal at Oji River Police College, Enugu State. My gang members still continued with the armed robbery operations and always sent money to me during the course. I went into armed robbery five years ago. Sometimes, I give out my arm and ammunition to the gang to use for armed rob­bery operations. I never imagined that one day I would be caught.

“On June 5, 2015, a member of the gang and myself snatched a Lexus SUV with registration number BBC 105JT, along Ozubulu road, belonging to one Mrs. Jennifer Adaeze Ohizu and we wanted to sell the car in Aba. We also snatched another Toyota SUV at Okija, Anambra State and collected some ransom from the victims. We made money when we sold the SUV.”

When Sunday Sun visited the Imo State Police Command to ver­ify the information about Peter, our correspondent learnt from a senior police source that policeman turned robbery suspect was working in the Store Department at the head­quarters of the command, Owerri, before it was discovered that items were missing. Through a careful investigation, it was discovered that Peter had allegedly stolen the items.

He was reprimanded and on compassionate grounds transferred to Oguta Police Division in the hope that he would turn a new leaf. The source said the command was shocked to learn that Peter had allegedly turned to armed robbery. Following his arrest by the Anambra State Police Command, the source told Sunday Sun that the Imo State Police Command summarily dismissed the robbery suspect in line with police regulations.

The Commander of Anambra SARS, Supol James Nwafor disclosed to Sunday Sun that his men were able to recover the Lex­us SUV snatched from Ohizu and operational weapons of the gang. He also said that other members who escaped would be tracked down. Meanwhile, two members of the gang, Ekene Uche Ohanusi and Benjamin Obinwanne, are cooling their heels in custody and helping the police with their investigations.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/policemen-turned-robbers-meet-waterloo/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by LEOSIRSIR(m): 7:18am On Oct 18, 2015
God don catch am
Ok
guyz today is my birthday oo u should all show some love with like

191 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by Islie: 7:21am On Oct 18, 2015
Those that we entrust our security to are now the ones stealing from us like the robbers...

One by one..... The wolves in sheep clothing's will be exposed

12 Likes

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by managermahmud: 7:25am On Oct 18, 2015
May God continue to expose the criminals in NPF.
Amen!

17 Likes

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by glimpse33(m): 7:25am On Oct 18, 2015
angryKill Them All

4 Likes

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by Chanchit: 7:31am On Oct 18, 2015
Nboti why?!

2 Likes

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by kadas01(m): 7:37am On Oct 18, 2015
It is within "the Nigerian Police Force" that you would find some of the "most useless human beings" on this Planet!

20 Likes

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by Beesluv: 7:51am On Oct 18, 2015
Na wa o, Someone was asking yesterday, why most Nigerians dislike police.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by dkronicle(m): 7:56am On Oct 18, 2015
Funny faces
Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by ijustdey: 8:06am On Oct 18, 2015
two weeds weeded out of the police force

1 Like

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by oatzeal(m): 8:17am On Oct 18, 2015
God catch em
Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by qualityovenbake(m): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Good job from the SARS team.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by dre11(m): 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
Cc lalasticlala FP
Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by ignis: 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
There are still many of them in the Nigerian police.

Karma will all catch up with all of them very soon.

99 days for the theif, one day for the owner.

1 Like

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by jeeqaa7(m): 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
Heheheheh

2 Likes

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by efilefun(m): 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
This people should be made to face the law and purnished severely, but like fashola said, each state should have its own police, this will further improve the welfare of the police

1 Like

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
I dey come smiley
Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by joystickextend1(m): 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
too bad angry
Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nice one!! grin grin i dislike dem angry

1 Like

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by Empress2014(f): 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
embarassed that's embarrassing to Nigeria
Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by emmygzy(m): 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
hmmm
Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by islandmoon: 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
you are all acting as if you dont know that 5% of the police men on high way are fake police men! some claims to be SSS, my friend was robbed by men with police raffles, their guns even have tag and color yellow blue and white by the handle, just like the police color!
am always very careful when ever i see a police man on the road, some use thread and needle to write their names on very old uniform, something told me they were fakes cos one of the men uniform was just too rumple and they were standing in the bush around ogun state!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nigeria Police and greediness
Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
What are their names, please!

7 Likes

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Karma dealt with them. No pun intended.

1 Like

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by cosby02(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Legitimate robbers

1 Like

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by HrmOlolade(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
But I posted this exact news this morning, oloriburuku lawon mod yii shaa

2 Likes

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by cosby02(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
9jacrip:
What are their names, please!
Sophisticated robbers

2 Likes

Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by slimmyjimmy(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
grin grin no mercy
Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by ademega(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
just like the name of the CP - karma
Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by MizFrances(f): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Smh
Re: Policemen-turned-robbers Meet Waterloo (Pictured) by KingsleyCEO: 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Give him two ak47 to go rob Shakau and after that he should be shot in the ear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Suspected Robbers Set Ablaze In Calabar By Angry Mob (Graphic Photos) / Two Kidnappers Arrested In Katsina Forest (Photos) / Pastor Kenny Ifeanyi Apologises For Raping A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.