Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers (34754 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers / 6 Reasons God Wants You To Prosper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by AWONEYAN(m): 7:25am On Oct 18, 2015
Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers

1. It could be you’re not a child of God.

This may sound obvious or even cruel, but God has no obligation to answer the prayers of unbelievers (Psalm 34:15, 17; Proverbs 15:8, 29; John 9:31; 1 Peter 3:12). He may answer, but He has not obligated Himself to do so.

The only prayer an unbeliever may be assured God will answer—and answer immediately—is a prayer of faith and acceptance of His Son, who died on the cross and rose again, as the basis for the forgiveness of your sins.

2. It could be your motives or actions.

As Christians, there are a couple of reasons God may choose to delay or deny answering our prayers. In these cases, He is waiting on us.

Your motives in prayer. It may seem simplistic, but if we don’t ask, God won’t answer. And when we do pray, our reasons for asking must not be selfish (James 4:2-3).
Your actions in life toward others. Our actions also can hinder God’s answer. If you are flagrantly disobedient to God, you may expect your prayers to be hindered (Psalm 66:18; Micah 3:4; 1 Peter 3:7; 1 John 3:21). This is by design—so that you may return to the Lord wholeheartedly.
3. It could be your misunderstanding of God’s priorities.

Some of the problems we have with prayer arise out of a wrong understanding of God. The better we know about God in the Scriptures, the better we will understand how to pray—and why God responds to prayer as He does.

God answers prayer according to His will (1 John 5:14-14). But just like us, the desires are not all equal. My desire to remain faithful to my wife until I die is not on the same level of my desire to take a nap on Sunday. It’s a matter of priorities.

God has a will too, but not all aspects of His will are of equal priority. For example:

God desires, first and foremost that He receives glory.
God desires all people have a choice about the decisions they make.
He also desires people to live a reasonably happy life while here on earth.
All are His will, but this final priority comes after the first two. Our problems with prayer often come when we think the first thing on God’s mind is our happiness and not His glory.

4. It could be that it’s just not time yet.

So let’s say we are living for Christ in our attitude and actions and praying according to His will. What do we do when all systems are go, but the answer still hasn’t come?

You keep praying.

He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart. —Luke 18:1
You don’t lose heart. Here’s why:

It may be that circumstances require changing before you can accept the answer.
It may be that the answer depends on someone else responding to God too (remember God’s order of priorities).
It may be that the delay is to see how seriously you are willing to pray.
God may delay answering your prayers in order to give you far more than you’re asking for. 
5. It could be God wants to give you more than you’re asking for.

If God is able to answer (and He is), and if He has promised to answer the prayers of His children (and He has), then the delay in the answer—we must know—is not that God is apathetic or absent.

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think . . . to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen. —Ephesians 3:20–21
In the final analysis, it may be that God desires to give you more than the simple answer to your prayer, making the answer—once it is received—all the more sweet.

Please add other reason, you feel are causes of hindrance or delay to prayers.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by frank317: 7:58am On Oct 18, 2015
Lol... The Christian God will always have a reason for not answering prayers. No wonder his children are always wretched and his prophets chose to defraud members, talking about taking it by force.
Admit it,if this God exists he is plain wicked and heartless. He has so many fixing to do. There are so many Christan denominations and everyone thinks he is getting it right.
The OP is only making assumptions about God the supposedly creator if the universe.... Is this some kind of joke? Most people who are comfortable in life do not bother relating with your God. Me thinks worshiping his God is just an unnecessary bondage.

The only rule about having high probability of makinf it in life is 'work hard and think smart'. Waiting for a sky daddy who behaves like a little kid will not help u. What sort of God created so many rules before giving his living children. They must beg beg beg and beg... Lol @ it could be God wants to give u more than what u are asking for. Oooboy see reason for not answering prayer... And people accept this shiiiit?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Tunguy01(m): 8:18am On Oct 18, 2015
Will God answer my prayer as a non-religious man ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by AWONEYAN(m): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:
Lol... The Christian God will always have a reason for not answering prayers. No wonder his children are always wretched and his prophets chose to defraud members, talking about taking it by force.
Admit it,if this God exists he is plain wicked and heartless. He has so many fixing to do. There are so many Christan denominations and everyone thinks he is getting it right.
The OP is only making assumptions about God the supposedly creator if the universe.... Is this some kind of joke? Most people who are comfortable in life do not bother relating with your God. Me thinks worshiping his God is just an unnecessary bondage.

The only rule about having high probability of makinf it in life is 'work hard and think smart'. Waiting for a sky daddy who behaves like a little kid will not help u. What sort of God created so many rules before giving his living children. They must beg beg beg and beg... Lol @ it could be God wants to give u more than what u are asking for. Oooboy see reason for not answering prayer... And people accept this shiiiit?

The thread is not meant for Atheist, but pple who have relationship with dia maker...since you believe God didn't exist,u dnt need to come to here......wait till eterninty ,when you face Him and tell why He is not your creator, dat you are a product of evolution..SMH.
frank317:

The thread is not meant for Atheist, but pple who have relationship with dia maker...since you believe God didn't exist,u dnt need to come to here......wait till eterninty ,when you face Him and tell why He is not your creator, dat you are a product of evolution..SMHSince they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their ... And just as they didnot like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind. Rom 1 ;21. PLS KINDLY IGNORE THE COMENTS OF THESE SETS OF ATHIEST WHO HAVE INFESTED THIS THREAD

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 18, 2015
The simple answer is because god doesn't exist. Can any one show me a photograph of god?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:

lol and he is always working in mysterious ways but doesn't joke with his tithe and offering.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by keenn: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2015
The explanation giving by some theist about theur God just makes it harder for an atheist/agnostic to have a change of believe.

If the above list are reasons why God choose to answer prayer, then we can conclude that all things that have happened from time past till now, both His actions and inactions are going along his will.

We all know how messed up man history has been.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by frank317: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2015
AWONEYAN:

The thread is not meant for Atheist, but pple who have relationship with dia maker...since you believe God didn't exist,u dnt need to come to here......wait till eterninty ,when you face Him and tell why He is not your creator, dat you are a product of evolution..SMH

This is a pubic forum and there is freedom of speech. When I see nonsense I will make my contribution to put some sense into u.
So what the hell do u mean by "their maker"? So he is not my maker becasue i dont believe he exists? At least you can now see he is just an idea in your head thats why he does not answer prayer. You create a God in your head and you conjoure reason why this God does not answer prayer and tou think you dont need help?Meanwhile before I stop coming Here you have to denounce the act of preaching and talking about ur belief in a public forum. Or you can bribe me

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by keenn: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2015
The explanation giving by some theist about theur God just makes it harder for an atheist/agnostic to have a change of believe.

If the above list are reasons why God choose to answer prayer, then we can conclude that all things that have happened from time past till now, both His actions and inactions are going along his will.

We all know how messed up mans history has been.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Richirich713: 9:00am On Oct 18, 2015
Some atheists are intelligent,educated and well mannered people while some are unintelligent and childish but in the end all are fools.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by jnrbayano(m): 9:05am On Oct 18, 2015
Op,

1. What's the difference between a child of God and the righteous?

2. Paul said in 2 Tim 2:19, that it's only God himself who knows who is his.

How do you know who is God's own?

Paul also in Acts 18:28 pointed out that we are God's offsprings..
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 18, 2015
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:06am On Oct 18, 2015
Because prayer is making wishes, speaking to the unseen expecting the unbelievable to happen. That particular moment of praying you are mad because you are communicating with yourself in a vocal way.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by yorke1: 9:06am On Oct 18, 2015
God is love

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Sonbuking: 9:06am On Oct 18, 2015
I know the reason...am a bastard in sin cry

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by moscobabs(m): 9:07am On Oct 18, 2015
r
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by adezjamz(m): 9:08am On Oct 18, 2015
Ar-Rahmon, ajoke aye

I believe He bless anyone he wanna bless

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 18, 2015
Okay
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by ichommy(m): 9:08am On Oct 18, 2015
grin See Brain wash. Believe in what doesn't exist. Keep praying.

#Atheist

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Damalex4luv(m): 9:08am On Oct 18, 2015
I believe everything in life is all about grace and the appointed time, it's not about how fervently you pray of fasted. God said it in his own word that i'll bless you at the appropriate time. I keep telling people that if you do rituals or crime to amaze wealth and you eventually succeeded in it that means you have being already destined for greatness, but there are some people that will do all this things and end up dieing or rotting in jail for life. So I believe everything in life should be attributed to Gods grace. There are so many unbelievers out there that are doing pretty well and child of God that are suffering. We all should just continue to pray for God's grace in other to make it in life. On my way to church shocked shocked

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by timmycris(m): 9:09am On Oct 18, 2015
When they are busy readin classcaptain tori instead of goin to church grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Flashh: 9:10am On Oct 18, 2015
But God always answers my prayers. smiley

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2015
Richirich713:
Some atheists are intelligent,educated and well mannered people while some are unintelligent and childish but in the end all are fools.

Some religious men be it christains, muslims etc. Are intelligent, educated and well mannared while some are unintelligent and childish but in the end all are fools!!!

11 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by mrlaw93(m): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2015
It could be!
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:12am On Oct 18, 2015
AWONEYAN:

This may sound obvious or even cruel, but God has no obligation to answer the prayers of unbelievers (Psalm 34:15, 17; Proverbs 15:8, 29; John 9:31; 1 Peter 3:12). He may answer, but He has not obligated Himself to do so.

The only prayer an unbeliever may be assured God will answer—and answer immediately—is a prayer of faith and acceptance of His Son, who died on the cross and rose again, as the basis for the forgiveness of your sins.

As Christians, there are a couple of reasons God may choose to delay or deny answering our prayers. In these cases, He is waiting on us.

Your motives in prayer. It may seem simplistic, but if we don’t ask, God won’t answer. And when we do pray, our reasons for asking must not be selfish (James 4:2-3).
Your actions in life toward others. Our actions also can hinder God’s answer. If you are flagrantly disobedient to God, you may expect your prayers to be hindered (Psalm 66:18; Micah 3:4; 1 Peter 3:7; 1 John 3:21). This is by design—so that you may return to the Lord wholeheartedly.

Some of the problems we have with prayer arise out of a wrong understanding of God. The better we know about God in the Scriptures, the better we will understand how to pray—and why God responds to prayer as He does.

God answers prayer according to His will (1 John 5:14-14). But just like us, the desires are not all equal. My desire to remain faithful to my wife until I die is not on the same level of my desire to take a nap on Sunday. It’s a matter of priorities.

God has a will too, but not all aspects of His will are of equal priority. For example:

All are His will, but this final priority comes after the first two. Our problems with prayer often come when we think the first thing on God’s mind is our happiness and not His glory.

So let’s say we are living for Christ in our attitude and actions and praying according to His will. What do we do when all systems are go, but the answer still hasn’t come?

You keep praying.

He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart. —Luke 18:1

It may be that the answer depends on someone else responding to God too (remember God’s order of priorities).
God may delay answering your prayers in order to give you far more than you’re asking for. 

If God is able to answer (and He is), and if He has promised to answer the prayers of His children (and He has), then the delay in the answer—we must know—is not that God is apathetic or absent.

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think . . . to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen. —Ephesians 3:20–21
In the final analysis, it may be that God desires to give you more than the simple answer to your prayer, making the answer—once it is received—all the more sweet.

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Johnnoah1st: 9:12am On Oct 18, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Bsc(m): 9:13am On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:

Why are muslims and unbelievers allowed to comment on this post ?
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Dottore: 9:13am On Oct 18, 2015
Ihmm
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:14am On Oct 18, 2015
So you have to be his child before he answers your prayers?

AWONEYAN:

You keep praying.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by kennyman2000(m): 9:14am On Oct 18, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by fortch: 9:14am On Oct 18, 2015
One thing I know and have understood about God is that He works with time and when the time is not ripe there is nothing you can do.You can only ask for the grace to hold on.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Leyemoshood: 9:14am On Oct 18, 2015
Nice write up OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Registering For Voter's Card (Photo) / Popular Fuji Legend, Adewale Ayuba Dumps Islam For Christianity? / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.