Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics (92990 Views)

Man Faints At Car Park After Taking Tramadol For The 1st Time In Onitsha (pics / Lady Goes Gaga After Taking Weed (Photos) / Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by mbulela: 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rolandken:

Nigerians and their terrible habit of self diagnosis and medication. How did you know you had malaria and typhoid? You then proceeded to take an antimalarial and an antibiotic....ciprofloxacin for that matter. This is wrong. Apart from the side effects which may occur, you may develop resistance against this cipro esp since there was no need for it , causing it not to work for you next time when you actually do need it. Pls next time, visit a doctor before swallowing pills. When u have symptoms that suggest malaria, take paracetamol and then visit a health centre. Don't take just any drug u like. It can harm you and even take ur life. Be warned.

Thanks for stealing my thoughts grin
I just saw your more detailed comments after scrolling down.
antibiotics are the most abused drugs in Nigeria.
drug resistance is a major issue in our health sector.
just sample opinions and see folks abusing antibiotics in the treatment of STIs.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
Boyooosa:
Adonbilivit. U cant be experiencing such Trauma and still use d same brain and hand to compose such descriptive essay. Go and pack ur spit and snap it, email it to lalasticala for proof of ur claim. undecided
I'm holding my stomach while laughing to this. Guess I'm a strong dude.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by MsFaith: 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
Exactly, me too

coollabman:

wow! shocked I am very surprised! I just recovered from typhoid and malaria recently. I was on ciprotab for 10 days. I didn't experience any of these things you wrote here. did you take the ciprotab alongside a blood capsule? I am asking because I was warned not to try it.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by agabaI23(m): 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:
[b]When I read about some drugs having side effects, I always dismiss such info until I swallowed half a card of 'CIPROTAB' in order to fight off a deadly blow from malaria allied with typhoid fever. What my body is undergoing now can only be imagined...

Dews are settling every now and then on my forehead. It seems a new salty spring have suddenly burst out of my throat cause this volume of spittle rushing into my mouth per second is baffling, bewildering, bemusing and mystifying.
The worst thing is I can't coup them back cause the salinity seem higher than what my system really needs. So now you can picture a pregnant woman's favourite sport and picture me!

I bade farewell to sleep three days ago. Well, at least I can read for my ongoing exams instead of lazily dozing... for where? It looks like those feudal worms in my stomach have been constantly at war ever since I took those drugs; I can feel some some hot canon balls being projected from the left 'wing' of my intestines to the right.

Even me wey been dey score multiple hat-tricks when having a serious match with BEANS have now become a spectator! sad

Erm... What's that going on in my head? Is someone rearranging my brains?!! (grabs head) shocked

Whenever I get out of this dilemma; I and my family shall never consume any drug with letter "C"....

Not even Vitamin C! angry

Signed: Herald9

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

Drugs should be made to cure ills, not after curing the ills you start battling with the drug. It's not fair!

Have you ever had any side effects when taking drugs? How did you overcome it? Please share.

Lalasticlala can you endorse this, please?[/b]
Did you take the whole half a card at a go or you took em 1 tab twice daily?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
flokii:

Oga your oyinbo too much jare...

next time try as much as possible to be simple

btw have you gone to d lab for tests?... might be something else like STDs.. go check to be sure before putting blame on drug..
STD? Guy, I never do that thing before and I'm not planning to do it either.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Boyooosa(m): 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

I'm holding my stomach while laughing to this. Guess I'm a strong dude.
U r not a strong dude bt a Lie-head.... another test, ok if it is true, Reply AMEN!
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by nicerichard05: 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:
Yours is better. Remembered when I almost died in between December 23 - January 3rd 2010 after Premier Hospital diagnosed me with malaria/typhoid. All the medications given to me stalled my stooling. For the very first time In my life I told God to take my life. Worst is, i had to ly in the toilet, couldn't stand and couldn't sit, was in pains as I couldn't get it out, was like I was in labour.My ex had to help me shave my hair because I demanded it.

Hmmmmm . Doctor said it was the anti biotics injections administered.Very bad experience. embarassed

Sorry, buh I jst had to quote u. Less dan a mnth nw I took same drug nd trust me I had same isssue, I couldn't go to d toilet, I was so affraid that I was browsing d sidde effect of antibiotic. Wat I did was to consume a lot of water before going to bed nd wen I wake, I would be able to use d toilet. Thank God my system is nw back to normal with d elp of Ruzu bitter, tilll nw I am still taking it, I dnt tink I am ready to stop anytime soon. grin
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by guiddoti: 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
shilz:
The only antibiotics I don't react to is augmentin . I hate the weakness I feel after taking cipro/peflo/levofloxacine etc I end up nt completing d dose. I no kuku like drugs b4
wow! That was the drug am afraid of, which nearly kill my enemy in 2009. My blood pressure was very high, to extend where he nearly break records
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
agabaI23:
Did you take the whole half a card at a go or you took em 1 tab twice daily?
LOL. No o abeg. I took them in two days. I no mad reach that level o.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by agabaI23(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

LOL. No o abeg. I took them in two days. I no mad reach that level o.
Stop the drug. There are alternatives. Do you have any laboratory results?
'I think you should go see a doctor anyway.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
nicerichard05:

Sorry, buh I jst had to quote u. Less dan a mnth nw I took same drug nd trust me I had same isssue, I couldn't go to d toilet, I was so affraid that I was browsing d sidde effect of antibiotic. Wat I did was to consume a lot of water before going to bed nd wen I wake, I would be able to use d toilet. Thank God my system is nw back to normal with d elp of Ruzu bitter, tilll nw I am still taking it, I dnt tink I am ready to stop anytime soon. grin

Yours was mild smiley
In my own case I took virtually everything, oranges fruits, veggies, but nothing came out! I was rushed back to the hospital 27 of December, still nothing was done.Thay was the point were I stopped negotiating with God about my life.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by kmariko: 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:
Yours is better. Remembered when I almost died in between December 23 - January 3rd 2010 after Premier Hospital diagnosed me with malaria/typhoid. All the medications given to me stalled my stooling. For the very first time In my life I told God to take my life. Worst is, i had to ly in the toilet, couldn't stand and couldn't sit, was in pains as I couldn't get it out, was like I was in labour.My ex had to help me shave my hair because I demanded it.

Hmmmmm . Doctor said it was the anti biotics injections administered.Very bad experience. embarassed

What other medications were you taking
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
drake2:

Wow, OP: So sorry to learn about your experience. I didn't read anything related to medicine.

But common sense requires that you visit your Doctor when such things happen.

I got a question though: Is this the first time you had " Malaria and Typhoid"? And why are there rampant diagnoses of these two together these days?

OP, this may not be your first Malaria, if you know what drugs have worked for you in the past, i advice you stick to them, until they work no more.

Wish you well and sorry for your experience!
I didn't know any drug called Ciprofloxacin till my aunt, who is a nurse introduced me to it as I wouldn't have been able to write my exams. In fact, I don't usually buy drugs above #500.
Thanks tho.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by khadupsie(f): 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Wait, ciprotab for malaria?? Never knew it works for Malaria
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by philipobiz: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
According to WHO, Drugs are more causes of free radical. So free radicals are at work in your body. I have had more people with funny experiences. The remedy is to take supplement to neutralise the effect. Supplements from Nature's Way are best since they start working instantly.

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by kmariko: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
Setaje:
Mine was Augmentin. I had rashes from my head to my feet wiv blisters.

Means you are allergic to penicillin...which is common
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Tedassie(m): 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
senier007:
Cipro (ciprofloxacin) is an antibiotic belonging to a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones. Ciprofloxacin fights bacteria in the body. Cipro is used to treat different types of bacterial infections. It is also used to treat people who have been exposed to anthrax.

You may not be able to use Cipro if you have a muscle disorder. Tell your doctor if you have a history of myasthenia gravis. Cipro may cause swelling or tearing of a tendon (the fiber that connects bones to muscles in the body), especially in the Achilles' tendon of the heel. This effect may be more likely to occur if you are over 60, if you take steroid medication, or if you have had a kidney, heart, or lung transplant.
Stop taking Cipro and call your doctor at once if you have sudden pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, or movement problems in any of your joints. Rest the joint until you receive medical care or instructions.

Self medication is bad, there is what doctors call drugs interaction, antibiotics should never be taken with multivitamins cuz of the Mg and Zn content of such multivitamins with tends to bind the ion found in antibiotics and render it useless, drugs like antacid should also not be taken with antibiotics
Op remember some drugs interact with other drugs to create the problem to your system always remember to ask your doctor or a pharmacist in case, most drugs are aimed to easing the pain and to eliminate the disease but any drugs that tends to elevate or worsen your case should hence forth be stopped and call your doctor ASAP
Always remember to go to an " experienced" doctor not the new "medstudent" most of them didn't even know most of this drugs, experienced ones made more mistakes than the new ones hence the need to seek their advise.
Hope this helps to a bit

NB
The drug Vitadar is locally produced by Nigerian company in collaboration with some Indians tout ( the point is; the drugs has been banned in most of the advanced company, the medicine is similar to Fansidar which is no more in circulation it contains Pyrimethamine/Sulfadoxine; any one that uses fansidar before knows what am saying; the drugs side effect is so pronounced that it will take you a week to to get over the side effect after you take the one dose and it's not effective in treating malaria; drugs like analxin are also going out of fashion cause most of the plasmodium has developed resistant to such drugs; the latest malaria medicine is the beta series like Emal injection or arthimeter beta oral or injection.
Stop following cheap drugs it's the shortest way to heaven now or early mortuary.
i take a brand of Arthemeter+lumefantrine 20&120mg whenever malaria calls&it works wonders
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by samuelson06(m): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:

Hmmmmm . Doctor said it was the anti biotics injections administered. Very bad experience. embarassed

In Uyo right?
Which
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by kmariko: 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:

Mine was constipation? I doubt that.In my case there was no bowel movements. The poo was stucked down there, felt the need to poo, but the pains was too unbearable for me to push anything out.

Next time take colace with your medications

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by samuelson06(m): 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:

Hmmmmm . Doctor said it was the anti biotics injections administered. Very bad experience. embarassed

Should this be the Premier Hospital
in Uyo?
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
EricDonn:
That Ciprofloxacin needs to be checked by Nafdac, I took it around September last year just to cure typhoid and malaria, it just disorganised my system, if not for my geographical location I would have submitted myself to an EBOLA isolation facility.....
grin
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by engrhorla(m): 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:

Women! Chai...
Despite standing by you in this 'near-death experience', you still left him?

Poor boy!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Eronmosele(m): 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
yoged:
Ciprofloxacin is like taking fanta. Only God knows the amount of it have taken in my life . Chaiii, typhoid almost got me killed . Thanks to local herb now. For me taking that shit called P alaxin is suicide for me . I'll have to battle great stomach discomfort. I simply hate meds. Herbs and injection is cool for me
Be careful though with the herbs O! Some have benefit for the disease condition but because of poor regulation and standardization, you do not know what long term damage you may be doing to your liver or kidney. God forbid.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by uboma(m): 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:

I am sorry but your post got me lol.

Especially the part where you demanded to be shaved by your EX.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
ray102:
Op your write up says you took half a card of ciprotab. Who prescribed the drug and dosage for you? Cos half a card is either 5 tablets or 7 tablets depending on what brand and dosage you buy. What steps are you taking to counter the effects of the drugs? Wishing you a speedy recovery.
I took them in two days. I've discontinued it, was just exaggerating.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
Gbajabiamila1:
The first and the last time I took Ciprotab back in school, it was as if a bag of cement was dumped inside my stomach. I was so uncomfortable for hours. Had to manage to go back to the Doctor.
Same here.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by herald9: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
slap1:
I took Cipromax some months ago when I was down with malaria and typhoid. It made me very weak (I guess because I wasn't eating enough) but it did the job... but it didn't make me use big, big words like the OP .
You guys are funny. grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Originalsly: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hmmm .... all becaue of self medication. Consider yourself lucky..... certain drug combinations can cause irreparable damage and even death.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by 400billionman: 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:

Ehya..

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Carinaflo(f): 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Am I the only person that read the part where the op wrote that he swallowed "half a card" of ciprotab?. That's purely an overdose (drug abuse) that's 5 or 7 tablets depending on the type you bought. Do you want to kill yourself?. Drug you are suppose to be taking one tablet per 8 or 12 hours depending on your body weight, you took 5 or 7 tablets at once.
"Abi your ancestors don begin dey dance shoki for your head?"

3 Likes

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by ezebunafo(m): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

I took it with Vitadar, an anti-malarial drug. Could that be the cause?
ol boy u wan kill urself? First treat one before another,who even prescribe am for u like that?i guess your embarked on self medication,pls pharmacist in the house enlighten him.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by ezebunafo(m): 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:

I took it with Vitadar, an anti-malarial drug. Could that be the cause?
ol boy u wan kill urself? First treat one before another,who even prescribe am for u like that?i guess you embarked on self medication,pls pharmacist in the house enlighten him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Burial: FCTA Reacts To Unprofessional Conduct At Gudu Cemetery / Nigerian Lady With A So, So Wide Vagina Cries Out For Help.. / Russia Built ₦42Billion Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In One Month(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.