Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,343 members, 7,800,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics (92962 Views)

Man Faints At Car Park After Taking Tramadol For The 1st Time In Onitsha (pics / Lady Goes Gaga After Taking Weed (Photos) / Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Euckybaby(f): 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
EggovinMma:
Yours is better. Remembered when I almost died in between December 23 - January 3rd 2010 after Premier Hospital diagnosed me with malaria/typhoid. All the medications given to me stalled my stooling. For the very first time In my life I told God to take my life. Worst is, i had to ly in the toilet, couldn't stand and couldn't sit, was in pains as I couldn't get it out, was like I was in labour.My ex had to help me shave my hair because I demanded it.

Hmmmmm . Doctor said it was the anti biotics injections administered.Very bad experience. embarassed

Modified;
I hope you guys know i was referring to the hair on my head and not the pubic one? shocked shocked
hmmmmm hope is not the premier hospital i know

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Dubemkelly(m): 7:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
Well antibiotics have different reactions on different body, another effect is Constipation, all u needed to do is to report to ur doctor that u are reacting to the drugs prescribed, if need be u discontinue usage. I'm apparently taking Citrotab now and it is cool just that it has ceased my faeces but i've had some citrus to help out in diluting the situation. Just like not all malaria drugs have same healing effect on all bodies. What works for Mr A might not work for Mr B. Always get back to your doctor whenever you experience abnormalies after prescription.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by victoronyekwelu(m): 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
how did this make the front page
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by donodion(m): 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
Okesilas15:
Pls don,t think what you are experiencing is side effects of ciprotab.It is actually adverse drug reactions!It can lead to anaphylactic shock and death if not well managed.It is dangerous than you are joking about, stop using the drug and you must never use any quinolones like ciprofloxacin, ofloxacin, norfloxacin, sparfloxacin, levofloxacin.Report it to the pharmacist or doctor that prescribe it for you and you will be adequately adviced.I am a pharmacist.

I feel so relieved reading your post.There are so many brand with Cipro.... Out there and the medication is by far toxic than curative.
When NAFDAC was effective, I clearly remembered no month passes without publications and public campaign awareness regarding fake drugs, their manufactures, their country of origin and what to do once medications becomes toxic with side effects as most people have commented.
Ciprofloxacin brand medications should be prohibited for medicinal use until tested proven and confirm safe to use for consumers.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
herald9:
[b]When I read about some drugs having side effects, I always dismiss such info until I swallowed half a card of 'CIPROTAB' in order to fight off a deadly blow from malaria allied with typhoid fever. What my body is undergoing now can only be imagined...

Dews are settling every now and then on my forehead. It seems a new salty spring have suddenly burst out of my throat cause this volume of spittle rushing into my mouth per second is baffling, bewildering, bemusing and mystifying.
The worst thing is I can't coup them back cause the salinity seem higher than what my system really needs. So now you can picture a pregnant woman's favourite sport and picture me!

I bade farewell to sleep three days ago. Well, at least I can read for my ongoing exams instead of lazily dozing... for where? It looks like those feudal worms in my stomach have been constantly at war ever since I took those drugs; I can feel some some hot canon balls being projected from the left 'wing' of my intestines to the right.

Even me wey been dey score multiple hat-tricks when having a serious match with BEANS have now become a spectator! sad

Erm... What's that going on in my head? Is someone rearranging my brains?!! (grabs head) shocked

Whenever I get out of this dilemma; I and my family shall never consume any drug with letter "C"....

Not even Vitamin C! angry

Signed: Herald9

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

Drugs should be made to cure ills, not after curing the ills you start battling with the drug. It's not fair!

Have you ever had any side effects when taking drugs? How did you overcome it? Please share.

Lalasticlala can you endorse this, please?[/b]

OP so in the middle of this condition you could still coordinate this ya write up so perfectly like this and even lengthy self.

You are 3 much...I wonder what you will be able to pull off when u are well and about.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by aseroy20(m): 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
I had worse experience after taking ciprotab I dey fear dat drug...Godforbid I ulmost mad dat day
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by ChrisHandsome999(m): 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
thank God we have doctors in the room.. just take 3 dose of tramadol and get well. u can thank me later.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by UjSizzle(f): 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
The only side effect I experience with Ciprotab is amnesia and my belly swells to twice its size grin I wait this one out since I don't particularly have a choice here. The alternative is to pretend I'm okay.

Strong analgesics give me a rash (lower arm and feet). For this I take Piriton to stop the itch, and then discontinue use of said drug. Regular analgesics don't cure my headache though.

If you've ever taken Quinine for acute malaria, there's this ringing noise in your ear it comes with. It's used only in extreme cases and I've heard some people end up deaf in one ear after. Don't know. The worst effect a drug with quinine content has on me is this very severe itchiness and it starts once your skin comes in contact with water (this one can be diluted with Piriton too.) I don't think they're added in malarial drugs now anyway. Good riddance.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by dearestsewa(f): 10:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
i have stomach pains when i take ciprofloxacin and hot body temperature
Is there any medicine like hot body temperature? You take it along with ciprofloxacin? You try o.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
KruggerINC:

Actually I was thinking you were talking about the hair around your vagina and rectum,I sure wasn't envying him for that task.....eeeew

But there is really nothing there na.So who will do the job when I'm heavily pregnant? Ha! He must do it ooooo. cheesy
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by aaidel(m): 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
you took half a card which means you overdosed on it and are now complaining?? this is just nature weeding out the dunces from its midst smh
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by iamcy(m): 10:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hey...you should take lots and lots of water....
Chances are you are quite dehydrated by now, taking into consideration the sweat and saline or salty spittle...
I suggest a 75 class bottle every two hours...

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by iamcy(m): 10:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
75 class cl bottle..
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by sead(f): 12:00am On Oct 19, 2015
The same thing happened to me wen I took ciprotab....i thought I was going to die!!!.. .swore never to take it again!

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by baloney: 12:02am On Oct 19, 2015
your probably bought the fake
go & seek medical attention
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by stokfrick: 1:23am On Oct 19, 2015
Pharm. Kenny
If you actually mean you took half a pack of ciprofloxacin tablets at once, then that's where your problem is coming from! However some people could react to vitadar( a sulfonamide: meaning a sulfur containing drug) as well as ciprofloxacin, ciprofloxacin side effects such as sweating and dehydration and saliva concentration are very rare and as such are classified to have an occurrence frequency of 0.01-0.1%. Therefore such rare adverse effects could most definitely have come from consumption of excessive dose of the cipro.
Your side effects show that d drug has already been absorbed into your blood stream. Ciprofloxacin is eliminated 50-70% unchanged in d urine through d kidneys from the blood stream. Since this is the case, your best bet In eliminating excess cipro from your system fast through your urine is by adequate hydration.( drink lots of water). You' ll be Fine in no time. Always feel free to consult your pharmacist when in doubt as to drugs! Get well soon!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by jibbzion(m): 3:30am On Oct 19, 2015
Go see a Doctor, it's that simple. Live free.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by AYOGHANDI: 4:37am On Oct 19, 2015
Nothing under the sun would ever make me take this drug because of what it did to me. I had same experience as OP
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Levelzguy(m): 6:02am On Oct 19, 2015
herald9:
[b]When I read about some drugs having side effects, I always dismiss such info until I swallowed half a card of 'CIPROTAB' in order to fight off a deadly blow from malaria allied with typhoid fever. What my body is undergoing now can only be imagined...

Dews are settling every now and then on my forehead. It seems a new salty spring have suddenly burst out of my throat cause this volume of spittle rushing into my mouth per second is baffling, bewildering, bemusing and mystifying.
The worst thing is I can't coup them back cause the salinity seem higher than what my system really needs. So now you can picture a pregnant woman's favourite sport and picture me!

I bade farewell to sleep three days ago. Well, at least I can read for my ongoing exams instead of lazily dozing... for where? It looks like those feudal worms in my stomach have been constantly at war ever since I took those drugs; I can feel some some hot canon balls being projected from the left 'wing' of my intestines to the right.

Even me wey been dey score multiple hat-tricks when having a serious match with BEANS have now become a spectator! sad

Erm... What's that going on in my head? Is someone rearranging my brains?!! (grabs head) shocked

Whenever I get out of this dilemma; I and my family shall never consume any drug with letter "C"....

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

Drugs should be made to cure ills, not after curing the ills you start battling with the drug. It's not fair!

Have you ever had any side effects when taking drugs? How did you overcome it? Please share.

das what you get for self medicating
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by mayoratlanta: 6:15am On Oct 19, 2015
dkronicle:
Ok.. Take d remaining half cause they are angry that dey can't find there remaining brothers...
*MOD*
Wow so on sunday I chop F.T.C...
Hope dis week won't be like your stomach for me sha

guy u wicked o.....
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by 123papas(m): 9:17am On Oct 19, 2015
contraindication or allergy
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by 123papas(m): 9:19am On Oct 19, 2015
Are u sure its because of malaria and typhoid you took half pack of ciprotab? I suspect STD
herald9:

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Mekyno(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Carinaflo:
Am I the only person that read the part where the op wrote that he swallowed "half a card" of ciprotab?. That's purely an overdose (drug abuse) that's 5 or 7 tablets depending on the type you bought. Do you want to kill yourself?. Drug you are suppose to be taking one tablet per 8 or 12 hours depending on your body weight, you took 5 or 7 tablets at once.
"Abi your ancestors don begin dey dance shoki for your head?"
lol, nice last line.....he must be exaggerating
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by IndianaJay: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2015
obontami:
Guy go smoke igbo

Your body go dey kanpe

Weyrey. grin grin
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Johnsown1(m): 11:31am On Oct 19, 2015
herald9:

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

my exprience after taking Arthemeter and the letter C u mention earlier. I got ill and feel like vomiting all the solid that i have taken since i was born and was very tired. I went to a chemist shop and bought a drug. But instead of healing the malaria i bought it for,it caused me increase of my temperature to 48C;dehydration,excessive vomiting and having cold in a hot afternoon.so i discarded the drug after 3 days.after i was hospitalised with dreeps and drugs that cost me me almost 15k before i starts breething life.that was my short exprience with arthemeter and the letter C anti biotics.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by don4real18(m): 11:40am On Oct 19, 2015
You are a victim of fake drugs imported by Chukwudi and sons.... Go for checkup for trace of toxins in your bloodstream because it looks likely to be the cause. Also take lots of water and eat a lot
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by boygen(m): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
..apart from posting here, I recommend you report to the nearest pharmacovigilance centre, this will help us keep improving on profile of the drug to make it safer.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Rolandken(m): 8:19am On Oct 20, 2015
herald9:

My aunt prescribed. She's a nurse.
Okay Herald, I get you now. But please next time, visit a doctor instead. A nurse isn't given the responsibility to prescribe. Its strictly for a doctor.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by mohajenny: 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hello
i am miss Jenny i am looking for friendship
please contact me now so you can know more
about me with my pics
jernnifermohamed@gmail.com
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
herald9:

Reading this made me go down the memory lane. Earlier this year,I was down with Malaria and Typhoid fever,I went to the hospital,and I was given this "ciprofloxacin" along with other drugs(septrin and blood tablets inclusive). I started using them immediately because my mum won't hear story that you were given drugs and you won't take them so I had no choice. After I started taking the drugs I developed some of the symptoms you mentioned and GERD(gastroesophageal reflux disease, some symptoms of this GERD is that feeling that makes you feel like you have a drug stucked in your throat and excess salivation). When I eat I throw up and the saliva didn't stop coming in excess that I couldn't sleep at night because I was always going to throw out spittle. Being a basic medical student I knew I was reacting to the ciprofloxacin and I told my mum but she didn't believe me she felt it was one of my means to escape using the drugs. It was until the salivation kept increasing and the vomiting also continued before she believed me and told me to go back to complain at the hospital,luckily I met the same doctor on call and complained to him and he agreed with me saying I was reacting to the drug and also likely I was reacting to the septrin also. I was given an injection and all the drugs were collected from me and I was given new ones. I think the salivation and vomiting stopped that very day after the injection or the next day,that was how I was freed and I vowed not to ever use that drug in my life because I don't wish my enemies all what I passed through. So go back to the hospital and complain

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by crosbyted(f): 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
herald9:

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

Did u take as self medication? Because u're suppose 2 go 4 a test in other 2 knw both d illness and d right drugs 4 it.
Re: My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics by olarhtunji(m): 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
herald9:

Other side effects are:
Dizziness
Restlessness
Weakness of joints
Dehydration
Sweating, etc.

hy boss....how are you holding up...still have insomnia...if no how did u treat it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Burial: FCTA Reacts To Unprofessional Conduct At Gudu Cemetery / Nigerian Lady With A So, So Wide Vagina Cries Out For Help.. / Russia Built ₦42Billion Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In One Month(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.