Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (72346 Views)

Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced / Anyi Obi, One Of The Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (pic) / The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by PrinceNN(m): 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
Chukzyfcb:

So what are you studying for?
To work for charity?

i never said they wont get paid .... but its not always about the money... some people value knowledge
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by simdam500(m): 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
akanbjgraphix: They have people that sponsor them. No be me wey be say I must husle to get school money. God will do mine too...

Amen o smiley
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by simdam500(m): 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
Passion
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Chukzyfcb(m): 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
PrinceNN:

i never said they wont get paid .... but its not always about the money... some people value knowledge

What I do know is, Money is the medium by which earthly success is measured. That's one reason we africans have lot of respect for bill gates or dangote. Using their skills to acquire wealth.
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Drabrah(m): 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
ayindepremier:

May God enlarge our coast!
AMEN OOOO
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by bummyla(m): 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
congratulations Guys! Keep Making us proud! GOD Bless you all in Christ Jesus! Amen! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by timpaker(m): 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
Dr. Chike Mgbediachie

First class in English and linguistic (Ansu)

Masters in English and foreign literature (University of Leeds, Uk)

Ph.D University of Exeter, UK

Age....28
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Donpressman(m): 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
PrinceNN:

its not always about money
It is o! Is not as if they are inventors whose name, law, etc will be studied by posterity. So the pay is also very important!
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by PrinceNN(m): 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
Chukzyfcb:

What I do know is, Money is the medium by which earthly success is measured. That's one reason we africans have lot of respect for bill gates or dangote. Using their skills to acquire wealth.

we are basically saying the same thing,
but ... im saying, most times, self fulfillment isn't only achieved by amassing wealth...
ever wonder why some billionaires give away almost all their wealth to charity? ever wonder why some devote their resources to the field of sci & tech? ever wonder why someone resigns from a fortune 500 company to build / work at a startup?
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Chemicalsolo: 2:59am On Oct 19, 2015
AINATOLULOPE:
Did someone observe Yoruba ' s are more on the list?

Yeah, we rule intellectually and academically. Just like Jagaban is brainly ruling the whole Federation

yoruba na fr news naim dm sabi book. Notting d dm head. Am currently serving in oyo state. English na wahala bfr dm understand wetin u d teach u go suffer. D knw notting.
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by daryoor(m): 3:38am On Oct 19, 2015
this is not possible in oau
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by doofanc: 3:52am On Oct 19, 2015
Dubemkelly:
The 1st name on the list doesn't go well with me, finished and went for PhD without masters on the stretch, either the wrong info was given to suit her claims but the others are quite convincing

most universities will allow first class graduates proceed directly to PhD without masters. provided, of course, it d same discipline

1 Like

Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by craigj: 4:00am On Oct 19, 2015
There are some names that come to mind that are missing on this list. I would just mention 2;
1. Ikenna Odinaka
2. Odon Akanimo

Both EX-FEGO Boys
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by afrika(f): 6:32am On Oct 19, 2015
If there is no Igbo person in the list then its fake. If u believe me hit like!!
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Davidjiy(m): 7:24am On Oct 19, 2015
akanbjgraphix:
They have people that sponsor them. No be me wey be say I must husle to get school money. God will do mine too...
. amen
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by doublex: 8:17am On Oct 19, 2015
AgbenuAnna:
Number 4 and 5 tried cos the studied in Nigeria
so true
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2015
Davidjiy:
. amen
Thanks
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by marwanafrica: 8:50am On Oct 19, 2015
If no be lie were d pics
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by 123papas(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2015
No male student can achieve such feat in Naija
AgbenuAnna:
Number 4 and 5 tried cos the studied in Nigeria
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by AKAKAK(m): 9:24am On Oct 19, 2015
I don't want to sound tribalistic but three of those names are from the south western part of Nigeria. This attests to the fact that we are the most educated of the six regions.
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by j1mmy: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2015
And what exactly do Nigerians do with these PHD again?

most is on paper and useless to themselves and their society.

Majority of Nigeria's educated still believe in santa, juju, unproven god, tribal marks, circumcision, witches....
And have completely left technology and innovation in the hands of god and the superstitious...
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by FOLLEY20(m): 10:12am On Oct 19, 2015
This is wonderfully wonderful. God is good....
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Natifa(f): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2015
this is incredible! am so proud of them. they are an inspiration.
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by ommo(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2015
Kofacts:

http://nigerianscholars.com/2015/10/5-youngest-phd-holders-in-nigeria.html

1. Dr. Nkemehule Karl Omebere-Iyari
Here we have the leader of the pack. A colossus of intellectual ingenuity. Dr. Omebere-Iyari, bagged his PhD in Chemical Engineering from University of Nottingham in 2006, then aged 22. This amazing Nigerian, an old student of Kings College, Lagos had 8 As in his WAEC result at age 16.

I have my reservation about this information because of the bolded part. If he had his WAEC at the age of 16, then how come he got his Phd at the age of 22. He likely graduated at age 21 because chemical engineering is a five (5) years course my guy. So he can never use one (1) to do both his masters and Phd.

Assuming engineering is even 4 years course, he would have graduated at age 20 still making your claim doubtful. My thought anyway
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by blackprowler: 10:56am On Oct 19, 2015
Nigerian capacity for inanity is bottomless. Please what great breakthrough in improving mankind has been attributed to a Nigerian yet? You people are drowning in your academic titles. Only one Nigerian Army doctor did anything I know of. What academic title did Edison have? Right now Ebola and Malaria are being solved by people who don't have the diseases in their continent while dumb Nigerians are nowhere to be found; they're busy accumulating PhD and MSc. Why haven't you won a Nobel in real productive fields? Mumu

PS: Most of these academic qualifications come from your ability to learn what someone else has created. What have you created for the rest of us to learn to make the world better? God, black man is a disgrace to human beings
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by blackprowler: 10:58am On Oct 19, 2015
Realise it or not, most Oyibos still have the belief, though well hidden, that the black race is an inferior race. Can you blame them? If you were in their shoes what would you think?
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by free37: 11:10am On Oct 19, 2015
They did well. But what you said is true.

blackprowler:
Nigerian capacity for inanity is bottomless. Please what great breakthrough in improving mankind has been attributed to a Nigerian yet? You people are drowning in your academic titles. Only one Nigerian Army doctor did anything I know of. What academic title did Edison have? Right now Ebola and Malaria are being solved by people who don't have the diseases in their continent while dumb Nigerians are nowhere to be found; they're busy accumulating PhD and MSc. Why haven't you won a Nobel in real productive fields? Mumu
PS: Most of these academic qualifications come from your ability to learn what someone else has created. What have you created for the rest of us to learn to make the world better? God, black man is a disgrace to human beings
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by AgbenuAnna(f): 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
123papas:
No male student can achieve such feat in Naija
lol abi that's true
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Geezy4real(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
AINATOLULOPE:
Did someone observe Yoruba ' s are more on the list?

Yeah, we rule intellectually and academically. Just like Jagaban is brainly ruling the whole Federation
Yeah, especially by being sidelined terribly by PMB...technically cutting him to size (to being the regional champ that he is) of course! grin grin grin
P.S - it's no coincidence that No. 1 is Igbo by tribe (it just simply runs in our blood in all ramifications)
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by Geezy4real(m): 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hmmn...very impressive, only i thought the minimum age to entering Nigerian university is 16 years (how come then did No. 2 enter at just 15 years?). Besides, uploading their pics couldn't have hurt a fly @OP and again, there's absolutely no proof at all that those given ages are genuine (where them birth certificates at?) - if I'm not mistaken, people do dubiously change theirs now & then. Anyways, still proudly Nigerian! #TualeNaija
Re: List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria by TeetoEsq(m): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2017
nigeriancuban:
please place another thread listing their net worth and wealth acquisitions pls

hmmm for your mind education without money is nothing abi....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

11 Nigerian Universities Are Substandard – NUC / FG Approves 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education / Meet Highest JAMB Scorers In The Last 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.