Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why Are Black American Women Difficult? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Black American Women Difficult? (8438 Views)

I Think Black American Men Are The Hottest Black Men And Men In The World! / 7 Ways Feminism Is Destroying American Women / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Outstrip(f): 7:21pm On May 05, 2009
But then look at the two men standing beside the two women you mentioned above. One of the first things you notice about them is that they seem very humble and very intelligent. When you walk into a woman's life especially one who has already done her thing and does not need validation from anyone don't expect that she will be waiting in line for a man to come along and "complete" her life. The fact is that most Nigerian men using Michelle Obama as an example cannot handle a Michelle Obama. Your culture has not prepared you for it and your arrogance and your need to be put on a pedestal will not get you far with her.

I was at a Ghanain graduation party this weekend and many of them had african american wives. All educated and non of them seemed to be the push over kind of wife either (not that you ever really know what's happening behind closed doors) and we had a wonderful time. To be honest with you I was shocked that these women somehow managed to keep their identity and not be turned into something else. Ironically the only white woman there was married to a Nigerian who treats her like crap. The funny part of the whole thing was that one of the African American wives suggested to her to buy a GPS monitor to install on her husband's car. She said "you can probably get a used one at amazon.com". That was the best laugh we had that night.

This woman is really nice, she cooks Nigerian foods and she does not want to leave a marriage partly because they have a son. I know she is going to go home and probably go on amazon.com and maybe after she has gone half mad she will realize that she needs to leave the man and move on. Then later in life she will get her life together and will not make it easy for you to waltz into her life and take over and then you will label her as angry.
My advice to you is to take a more humble approach when you deal with women.
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Lax75(m): 7:32pm On May 05, 2009
@ Outstrip

The fact is that most Nigerian men using Michelle Obama as an example cannot handle a Michelle Obama. Your culture has not prepared you for it and your arrogance and your need to be put on a pedestal will not get you far with her.

- And by this statement I take it that you are referring to Naija sisters as "push overs?"

This is one of the funniest things I've heard on Nairaland. Do you date naija women to come to this conclusion?? Where are you from? If you are not from Nigeria have you been there to see the amount of Strong, Educated, Gorgeous, Intelligent women that run things and make things happen, not just over there in Naij but in Diaspora.

Anyways, you are entitled to your opinion no matter how misguided it is.
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by sistawoman: 7:35pm On May 05, 2009
Actually she was prob. refering to white women.

No woman of color will normally just lay down and take it up the ass w/o any lube.
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Outstrip(f): 7:36pm On May 05, 2009
How was that putting Nigerian women down. I am 100% a Nigerian woman. I don't know where you got the impression either that I am a man
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by No2Atheism(m): 7:43pm On May 05, 2009
sistawoman:

Actually she was prob. refering to white women.

No woman of color will normally just lay down and take it up the ass w/o any lube.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked @sisterwoman what are you talking about, are you sure you are still on topic, shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by sistawoman: 7:52pm On May 05, 2009
No2Atheism:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked @sisterwoman what are you talking about, are you sure you are still on topic, shocked shocked shocked

Yes it is slang meaning we dont just take shit. Ya gotta to at least lube us up (give us some good game) before we might take a little bit of shit. But them other girls. . . just feed them shit all day no lube necessary.
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by momov37(f): 7:55pm On May 05, 2009
@sista Got that right. lol
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Magz(m): 8:16pm On May 05, 2009
It is a very complex subject.
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by bluespice(f): 8:28pm On May 05, 2009
sista said it all
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Lax75(m): 9:37pm On May 05, 2009
Outstrip:

How was that putting Nigerian women down. I am 100% a Nigerian woman. I don't know where you got the impression either that I am a man

I am glad you clarified that you are 100% Nigerian as I couldnt tell the way you bash your own brothers. Not sure what circle you hang around but when I was at a party last weekend I saw a handful of Educated, Down to Earth, Respectful Naija brothers with Gorgeous Naija sisters in their arms. Every last one of them! So I'm not sure maybe you have been burned a few times by Naija brothers, well guess what? I have been burned by a few no good Naija girls too but I will never allow the few bad eggs to ruin the reputation, the adoration, the respect, the appreciation, the essence of my well educated, strong, cultured, beautiful, tasteful, Fashionable, Beautiful, "Cute-iful" and Booty-ful ( grin) Naija sisters.

Thats cool if you feel that Naija brothers are a no go for you. One woman's trash na another woman's treasure. If you don't believe me, ask Sistawoman who is married to a Naija man and is on a Naija Forum. She knows the deal and what we are worth whether she chooses to admit or not.

So outstrip, if na Black American men wey dey sweet you, all good to you. God gave us all free will. Just know that there are A LOT of Black American men (successful) who are with white women - Should I name a few? Cuba Gooding, Tyson Beckford, Scotty Pipen, Taye Diggs, Montel Williams, Quincy Jones, Charles Barkley, Wesley Snipes etc

As for me, I have a lot of plans for Nigeria and things that I would like to do to better my God-given country. By God's grace, I will be successful and will be with my "Cute-iful," Beautiful and Booty-ful Naija Michelle Obama by my side grin
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Outstrip(f): 10:07pm On May 05, 2009
Lax75:

I am glad you clarified that you are 100% Nigerian as I couldnt tell the way you bash your own brothers. Not sure what circle you hang around but when I was at a party last weekend I saw a handful of Educated, Down to Earth, Respectful Naija brothers with Gorgeous Naija sisters in their arms. Every last one of them! So I'm not sure maybe you have been burned a few times by Naija brothers, well guess what? I have been burned by a few no good Naija girls too but I will never allow the few bad eggs to ruin the reputation, the adoration, the respect, the appreciation, the essence of my well educated, strong, cultured, beautiful, tasteful, Fashionable, Beautiful, "Cute-iful" and Booty-ful ( grin) Naija sisters.

Thats cool if you feel that Naija brothers are a no go for you. One woman's trash na another woman's treasure. If you don't believe me, ask Sistawoman who is married to a Naija man and is on a Naija Forum. She knows the deal and what we are worth whether she chooses to admit or not.

So outstrip, if na Black American men wey dey sweet you, all good to you. God gave us all free will. Just know that there are A LOT of Black American men (successful) who are with white women - Should I name a few? Cuba Gooding, Tyson Beckford, Scotty Pipen, Taye Diggs, Montel Williams, Quincy Jones, Charles Barkley, Wesley Snipes etc

As for me, I have a lot of plans for Nigeria and things that I would like to do to better my God-given country. By God's grace, I will be successful and will be with my "Cute-iful," Beautiful and Booty-ful Naija Michelle Obama by my side grin

So first I was putting down Nigerian women and then you find out that I am a Nigerian woman so I am now I am dogging Nigerian men. You really are very insecure LOL. Don't worry, there is a woman out there for every man. You will find your own. Also I did not date Nigerian men and when I iget in a romantic relationship with one I married him. After we had been friends for over 7 years. So I am sorry that you have been burned by Nigerian girls. I cannot relate with you on that one. I know you wish you could say she was burned by a Nigerian and just likes AA men and all that to prove a point that you have still not been able to make. Sorry to burst your bubble. I just state the facts as I have seen it.

Some said we are all the same genetically but what you are exposed to changes you. This goes for AA's and Nigerians too. We can lie all we want about it but if your culture teaches one thing then why would you think that most people will not behave that way. A Nigerian man that is not domineering, borderline abusive and derogatory to women is an exception. Y'all can come and pounce on me now. Unless a woman or parents choose to raise their sons contrary to Nigerian traditions they will end up with whiny, insecure, and nagging 40 year old babies. I really do not want to go into this because it will just be a whole other thread. I have had the chance to experience it even on nairaland land and quite frankly it makes me sick to my stomach. I am sure that there are bad apples in every culture but we have to start with what is the norm in those cultures before we can say that a I am hating on Nigerian men because of ,
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by spoilt(f): 3:55am On May 06, 2009
So a little attention from the proverbial white women who are lined up has now become the yardstick that a young african man has arrived? shocked shocked

Are we still on this tired topic? grin
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Lax75(m): 4:01am On May 06, 2009
spoilt:

So a little attention from the proverbial white women who are lined up has now become the yardstick that a young african man has arrived? shocked shocked

Are we still on this tired topic? grin

Please read my posts ooo. That is not the issue with me as you can see. I can only speak for myself
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by EyesOpen(f): 5:52am On May 06, 2009
I am an African American woman, and I had to comment on this thread. Many people like to comment on that which they know nothing about. In order to understand the strong minded black woman, you must also understand the volatile history of our people in the US and also understand how the demise of the black family has forced African American women to become stong--stronger than we want to be. I am not bashing anyone, but the truth is the truth. African American women have had to pick up the pieces and become mother and father, breadwinner, nurturer, protector, and everything else for her family. So many of us tend to be a bit more authoritative. We want to be loved and protected and cared for just like any other woman, but our reality is different. I will ask before we all cast stones and make blanket statements that we really see what's behind the tough exterior, and also, as black people, I won't ever understand the division we perpetuate. I am proud when I see black people doing well, regardless of what part of the world they are from. To my Nigerian brothers and sisters, when I look at your face, I am looking in the mirror. The Atlantic ocean and 300 years should not separate us from our roots. Let's try to understand each other's culture, and stop trying to one up each other.
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Outlaws1(m): 9:40am On May 06, 2009
cool

Black american women should not blame black men for their problems. They keep giving the excuse oh black men are in jail so what? When they were selling drugs or doing what ever you were there supporting and happily eating the money. All of a suden they are locked up and now the blame is on them. Black women stop giving excuses and start playing the good woman role not the bitchy woman role. Those black woman whose husbands are locked married them. I am sure before they married them they knew very well what they were doing so what's the point of pointing blame at some one or something instead of taking responsibility?
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by EyesOpen(f): 7:17pm On May 06, 2009
Outlaw, obviously you have selective reading ability. I did not blame African American men. I simply stated that the family structure of black families has been compromised, and consequently, African American women have have been forced to pick up the pieces and become the strong women that they are. I believe that you have chosen to associate yourself with promiscuous women (or hoes as you call them) who have probably broken your heart, and you have become bitter and angry as a result. There are promiscuous women of all nationalities. I hear Nigerian men that I know personally bashing their own women. Either way, to make such generalizations is ignorant.

If you don't want to deal with African American women, then don't date them, but to put down an entire race of women is again ignorance. Maybe you need to step up your game so that you can deal with a different caliber of woman. If you look for trash, then you will find it. Stop looking for the girl you found in the club with the biggest butt and the shortest skirt. Of course, with any nationality, if you look deal with whores and expect to make them housewives, then that is your bad.

I am single, professional, and I have no kids. I know plenty of women in the same boat as me. We don't all date drug dealers and men who are in prison, but I really shouldn't defend myself or other women like me to someone who will never "get it." If we are all difficult whores who have babies by different men, then just date your own women and you won't have to deal with us. Stop complaining and whining because you have probably made poor choices and had bad results. Peace
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by momov37(f): 9:12pm On May 06, 2009
@eyesopen

Yes u said it all. smiley
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Outlaws1(m): 5:23am On May 08, 2009
cool

The question is why are black american women difficult not how can we defend black american women attitude, arrogance and lack of good woman roles. All I have been reading so far is defensiveness, some even claim black american women are not difficult. One of the problems black people have is the problem of accepting a problem and figuring out how to solve it. If you can't accept a fact then you are prety much going around the circle.
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by SeanT21(f): 6:02am On May 08, 2009
Outlaws1:

cool

The question is why are black american women difficult not how can we defend black american women attitude, arrogance and lack of good woman roles. All I have been reading so far is defensiveness, some even claim black american women are not difficult. One of the problems black people have is the problem of accepting a problem and figuring out how to solve it. If you can't accept a fact then you are prety much going around the circle.

It all depends on which kind of AA female U are dating. My uncles are all married 2 AA and they are nothing like U explain. U need to take a look at yourself because U seem to attract the wrong kind of females. Who knows maybe U are as difficult,arrogant and defensive as the woman U meet. Frankly speaking,LIKES ATTRACT.

** Take a look at yourself
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Outlaws1(m): 7:05am On May 08, 2009
cool

TO:SeanT21:

I like your point, it sounds smart. A man needs to be tough to be able to be the man in the house. You can't have two captains in a ship. A woman suppose to be gentle, respectful, humble not too tough that one may wonder who is the man in the house. If you have watched the show "Everybody Love Raymond" is obvious who the man in the house is. So the point is women need to know and play their roles as a woman not compete with the man.
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by SeanT21(f): 11:46pm On May 08, 2009
Outlaws1:

cool

TO:SeanT21:

I like your point, it sounds smart. A man needs to be tough to be able to be the man in the house. You can't have two captains in a ship. A woman suppose to be gentle, respectful, humble not too tough that one may wonder who is the man in the house. If you have watched the show "Everybody Love Raymond" is obvious who the man in the house is. So the point is women need to know and play their roles as a woman not compete with the man.

okkk. wink
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by honeric01(m): 12:04am On May 09, 2009
An angry woman is never easy undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by EyesOpen(f): 7:10am On May 09, 2009
Apparently, some men have to hear things from other men before it makes sense to them. Thanks Sean21 wink
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by sistawoman: 8:02pm On May 09, 2009
EyesOpen:

Apparently, some men have to hear things from other men before it makes sense to them. Thanks Sean21 wink

Exactly

Thanks Sean21
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Frizy(m): 9:26pm On May 09, 2009
@outlaws
Hey, I think you're generalizing too much. Yeah, African American girls have issues, but not all of them. The ones I know never get to show me their angry side. It strictly depends on how you met her (your African American babe) brother.
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by honeric01(m): 9:28pm On May 09, 2009
EyesOpen:

Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by C2H5OH(f): 9:31pm On May 09, 2009
SeanT21 happens to be a young woman grin .
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by Lax75(m): 9:32pm On May 09, 2009
Frizy:

@outlaws
Hey, I think you're generalizing too much. Yeah, African American girls have issues, but not all of them. The ones I know never get to show me their angry side. It strictly depends on how you met her (your African American babe) brother.

I'm glad you don't generalize, unlike peeps like Sistawoman who happens to know ALL Nigerian men on this planet or at least in the US.
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by SeanT21(f): 11:17pm On May 09, 2009
EyesOpen:

I am a FEMALE OOOO!! Chaaaiii!! wink
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by EyesOpen(f): 6:01am On May 10, 2009
SeanT21, I noticed that only after I ran my mouth (now my abused man/angry at women theory has been compromised, lol). I was hoping no one else noticed, embarassed
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by sistawoman: 9:57pm On May 11, 2009
Lax75:

I'm glad you don't generalize, unlike peeps like Sistawoman who happens to know ALL Nigerian men on this planet or at least in the US.

I was just being sarcastic on the other thread.

But for real thou. No body throws money around like Nigerian men. Just use the knowledge i dropped on you to help out some of your Nigerian brothas, I know I do and have been called a trader because of it.
Re: Why Are Black American Women Difficult? by MrCrackles(m): 9:59pm On May 11, 2009
Topic

I dont know oo! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Album Download: Kanye West My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy / The Awkward Moment When U Meet A Guy U Turrned Down / My Experience On First Date With A Naija Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.