Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:09 PM

How Safe Is It To Eat Beef Everyday? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Safe Is It To Eat Beef Everyday? (3913 Views)

How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? / How Safe Is This Herb Yoruba's Call Agbo ? / Do You Eat Beef Sausages, Gala And Co? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Is It To Eat Beef Everyday? by forgiven(m): 4:46am On Oct 11, 2006
Is it true that it is not good to eat beef everyday? Someone just told me that eating beef everyday makes the bones weak with time. How true is this?
Re: How Safe Is It To Eat Beef Everyday? by Oracle(m): 5:51am On Oct 11, 2006
Well, i don't know but i eat it as much as i can
Re: How Safe Is It To Eat Beef Everyday? by Radiant(f): 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2006
Red meat bone Good lawd!!! shocked Have no clue what you n ur friend are talking 'bout.

It increases the risk of colon cancer.
Re: How Safe Is It To Eat Beef Everyday? by iCON3(m): 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2006
truth is , too much beef wont do much good.
infact,it does more harm than good, hav heard about the higyh colesterol content, as well as d unnecessary weight build-up.
someone said dat eating "assorted"(innards) is safer than beef.
whadday'all think??
Re: How Safe Is It To Eat Beef Everyday? by PTBNaija(f): 8:25am On Nov 21, 2006
Red meat has been linked to breast cancer as well, but I was never really a big red meat fan to begin with luckily.
Re: How Safe Is It To Eat Beef Everyday? by Rlst84sale(m): 2:21am On Apr 21, 2007
Yes it is true. When your diet is so high in protein the following can happen

1) the body stores unused protein and also recycle 70% of acid produced by metabolizing protein and send it back into your blood stream and to your cells

2) The Ph in your body becomes acid and falls below 7.4 instead of the 7.4 which is alkaline. In order for you to be alive, the body would have to draw/extract calcium to neutralize the acid so that it can become alkaline as result it draws calcium from your bones, and teeth and gum where the body has largest concentration of calcium. The result would be osteoporosis or bone disease or what have you.

3) When the body metabolizes protein, the by product of it is uric acid, which the kidney/liver (it may even weaken or pack up the kidneys or liver because it's toxic to the body) can not get rid of and therefore the body stores it between your joints where it (uric acid) crystallizes itself and starts to shred your cartilage just like broken bottle. The result is arthritis, and weaker joints.

4) The body can also store it between the muscles and it starts to cause the body cells to grow abnormally which may result to cancer growth. Uric acid is toxic to the body. Please do more home work on these info and you will be surprised what you'll find. Good luck to you.
Re: How Safe Is It To Eat Beef Everyday? by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 21, 2007
Everything has beenn linked to every and any disease in the world. grin grin
What cancer does drinking water lead to?
Re: How Safe Is It To Eat Beef Everyday? by spoilt(f): 6:25am On Apr 21, 2007
i love meat. with the way i eat it if it was dangerous i would be dead. anyway i think the concerns are from eating red meat. or eating beef from cows slaughtered under bad conditions or not processed properly.
Re: How Safe Is It To Eat Beef Everyday? by otuwe(f): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2007
is there anything in this world that is not linked with something, i know a vegetarian who died from cancer, also know a red meat "addict" who lived to be 100,

so what are we talking about

(1) (Reply)

HELP PLS - How To Get Pregnant While Treating Prolactin / My Body Is Hot(warm) Am Worry! / Yeast Infections (candidiasis): 10 Simple Home Remedies Of Eliminating It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.