Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This (41082 Views)

What I Experienced This Morning / (photo)how We View Paid Employment Vs. Entrepreneurship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by victorazy(m): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2015
I never! Infact they always look for me
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by RichDad1(m): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2015
I've never!
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by MrHighSea: 7:05am On Oct 19, 2015
Hr
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by airsaylongcon: 7:05am On Oct 19, 2015
styless:
You can't possibly blame us; some applicants are bad at accepting rejections. So most times to save our skin, we keep quiet.

Very very unprofessional! Patients are terrible about accepting bad news but Drs dish them out without fear. I once saw a Doc coldly tell a mum her child has polio and will not walk again. so you hr peeps tell us the truth lets be gone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by kuzee(m): 7:10am On Oct 19, 2015
plenty

Get your Casio Edifice , Diesel, Armani and Mechanical chronograph Tourbillion watch at an affordable price,visit link at signature
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by SmartMugu: 7:10am On Oct 19, 2015
FriedPlantain:
It's been two years now since I was promised by the HR of an oil and gas company in Lekki that I would be gotten back to in two weeks time................... I'm still patiently waiting for their reply, I guess they are not done reviewing my application. undecided

Friedplantain
A friend called to tell me he finally got the job he applied for at an oil and gas firm after waiting for 3 years. He was all excited, but i thought that was a waste of a person's skills. He must have forgotten everything he learnt in school by the time the job came. How crude is that?
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by femo86(m): 7:14am On Oct 19, 2015
sholay2011:

Keep waiting bro; the patient dog eats the fattest bone.

Dog don wise ooooo. The patient dog go comot without any bone cos he don carry last grin

1 Like

Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by Ninilowo(m): 7:21am On Oct 19, 2015
FriedPlantain:
It's been two years now since I was promised by the HR of an oil and gas company in Lekki that I would be gotten back to in two weeks time................... I'm still patiently waiting for their reply, I guess they are not done reviewing my application. undecided

Friedplantain
Hope you are not talking of chevron sha. They ve bn reviewing mine since 2010. grin
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by dollyptosh(m): 7:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Omotayor123:
If I company do not get back to you after one week from Interview, YOU should commot your mind Abeg.

Expectations only bring Disappointments!

BTW, I haven't experience that Yet. I have always been selected for placement after being attended.
1 week Is too short to get your mind off it, especially when you're idle.

1 Like

Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by dollyptosh(m): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2015
Ninilowo:
Hope you are not talking of chevron sha. They ve bn reviewing mine since 2010. grin

lmao
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by SonofBenjamin(m): 7:34am On Oct 19, 2015
Naija HR , na so dem dey.. I attended an interview where I blieve I smashed all d questions and impressed them so well that they ended up asking me questions way out of d norms. Inshort I was gisting with d interviewers n dey said someone like me with my wits, I'll be paid above a hundred."you'll hear from us next week" so they said and I went back home wit my head so swollen dat I was basically walking on air." Next week" don turn 3months. Mtcheww! Allah ya isa!!!!
lipsrsealed cry
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by delectablegyal(f): 7:36am On Oct 19, 2015
styless:
You can't possibly blame us; some applicants are bad at accepting rejections. So most times to save our skin, we keep quiet.

so u r an HR manager?
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by HenryG(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2015
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by styless(f): 7:38am On Oct 19, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Very very unprofessional! Patients are terrible about accepting bad news but Drs dish them out without fear. I was saw a Doc coldly tell a mum her child has polio and will not walk again. so you hr peeps tell us the truth lets be gone

But the profession doesn't necessarily demand 'rejection' mails MUST be sent. At times a HR person may want to keep his/her options open by not sending straightforward rejections.
And too, company policies should be taken consideration of. You could be sued!
Personally I send something like this:
"Thank you for sending your application in response to our advertisement for Bleep. We are unable to offer you an interview at this time. We appreciate your interest in our company, and wish you much success in your future endeavors."
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by airsaylongcon: 7:44am On Oct 19, 2015
styless:

But the profession doesn't necessarily demand 'rejection' mails MUST be sent. At times a HR person may want to keep his/her options open by not sending straightforward rejections.
And too, company policies should be taken consideration of. You could be sued!
Personally I send something like this:
"Thank you for sending your application in response to our advertisement for Bleep. We are unable to offer you an interview at this time. We appreciate your interest in our company, and wish you much success in your future endeavors."

That response is an outright rejection. If I get such response I can bring closure to that job hunt. And its a fair enough response. The most irritating o e is when your colleagues send mails along the lines of "we will get back to you" when there is no immediate or remote plan to do so.

1 Like

Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by baruzeez(m): 7:45am On Oct 19, 2015
Ah swear ma own don pass two months now sef
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by lilmax(m): 7:48am On Oct 19, 2015
styless:
seriously that's false hope undecided
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2015
Am experiencing it now, so depressing.
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by JoyPaulLaw(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2015
styless:

Thank God.... There's an HR here. Dreams come true! I have Never met any HR's in my life except through dreams.....and today I eventually met one. Madam can I speedily send my CV?
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by LockDown69(m): 8:07am On Oct 19, 2015
You don't put your eggs in one basket.
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by ogrin(m): 8:10am On Oct 19, 2015
styless:

now we don know say u be HR. is there still anything u would like us to know?
.probably dat u are Linda's new neighbour?

2 Likes

Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by pbs4real(m): 8:10am On Oct 19, 2015
MissAssy:
take it easy, all is well grin
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by Kingbilo(m): 8:18am On Oct 19, 2015
This one small na. Mine was 2 years.. Still got the job tho tongue
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by macaranta(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2015
Don't mind them...it's just like asking a girl out and she says leme think about it .
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by 247notire(m): 8:54am On Oct 19, 2015
Omotayor123:
If I company do not get back to you after one week from Interview, YOU should commot your mind Abeg.

Expectations only bring Disappointments!

BTW, I haven't experience that Yet. I have always been selected for placement after being attended.
With this kind of grammar miss? I wonder which uni u passed through, honestly...

1 Like

Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by 247notire(m): 9:06am On Oct 19, 2015
The truth is, recruitment is a process and the speed of the process depends on many factors like company policy, business direction, management decisions and what have you. Go through the thread and you see testimonies of people who later got the same job months or even years later after receiving the message the OP posted. As a HR person, I always advise people to be patient with companies when they are recruiting, it's always a process that depends on many factors... My current job took abt 7 months from test stage to starting with the company. It's a process, we need to understand this and be patient. Of course while being patient nothing stops you from trying out other applications too... May God deliver us from the hopelessness of the Nigerian situation... May He continue to make way for us...

1 Like

Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by Crieff(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2015
Nigerian HR staff are the worst set of corporate staff you can ever deal with. 97% of them will not even acknowledge your application not to talk of sending an application status email.

Useless set of people. Quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 19, 2015
sweetboiy:
I'v never and will never because I'm working to be my own boss.
Nice one bro
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 19, 2015
pbs4real:
take it easy, all is well grin
yea right
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by dlex21(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2015
Mennnn...the thing tire person. Acceptance mail, they wont send, rejection mail...mbanu. They will just keep you in the loop. It's now when you take a job you don't like they will now call.
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by dlex21(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2015
MissAssy:
same here ooo...
Re: Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 19, 2015
Mrcdorv:
Nice one bro
thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interview Questions For Oil & Gas,engineering,telecommunication And Banking / Pwc Graduate Tax Apprenticeship Programme 2019 Thread / Npower - Just Received This Text Message From NPOWER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.