Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State (15022 Views)

Vikings And Eiye Fight In Italy: 3 Nigerian Cultists Arrested (Video) / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death In Egypt By 3 Nigerian Students (photos) / 3 Nigerian Robbed A Supermarket In Dubai With Machetes: CCTV Footage Shows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by metroparrot: 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
A former Chairman of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), in Edo State, Dr Philip Ugbodaga and two other medical doctors whose identities are yet to be known have been reportedly kidnapped by gunmen.

Ugbodaga and his two colleagues were said to have been abducted Friday at Umuaka, in Isu local government area of Imo State, where they had gone to render free medical services to some communities, which was organised by their friend who was championing free medical services to members of the community.

The incident happened when a vehicle suspected to have been trailing them ordered them to stop, following which Ugbodaga and the two other doctors were forcefully taken away to unknown destination at gunpoint by the suspected kidnappers.

At the time of this report, the suspected kidnappers were yet to establish contact with Dr. Ugbodaga’s family, but the abduction of the political and social crusader has thrown members of his family in Enwan, Akoko-Edo local government area of Edo state, into anguish and confusion.

Security agencies are said to have commenced investigation into the kidnap, even as family members were reluctant to comment on the incident.

Meanwhile, condemnation has trailed the kidnap of the doctors.

Reacting to the incident in a press statement, Aiyamenkhue Edokpolor, Convener of Edo Focus, a platform for political and socio-economic discourse about Edo State, in which Ugbodaga is an active member, called on the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, to swing into action and rescue Ugbodaga and his colleagues and arrest the perpetrators.

“The news of Dr. Phillip Ugbodaga’s kidnap came to us as a rude shock because apart from his easy-going lifestyle, he is an indefatigable advocate for the emancipation of the poor; the preservation of the rights of oppressed Nigerians and health care provider for the vulnerable citizens of Edo and Nigeria.

“For us, there is certainly no justification for such a person in Ugbodaga’s standing to be kidnapped, assuming the perpetrators consider moral grounds as a precursor for their action. However, we are appealing to the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, to deploy his professional expertise towards the safe release of our dear brother and comrade.

“We condemn in the strongest term possible, the kidnap of Dr. Philip Ugbodaga. And while appealing to the Edo state Government to support the rescue campaign, we urge Edo youths to remain calm as the law enforcement agencies will unravel the mystery behind this inhuman incident.

“We like to place on record that we will privately examine the factors and characters behind this ungodly incident, while pledging to sustain the culture of peaceful disposition; but we will not take kindly to the rumours that Fulani herdsmen are behind this nefarious gambit,” the statement said.

Also reacting, the immediate past President of the NMA, and member of Edo Focus, Dr Osahon Enabulele, said “it’s really sad that our brother, Dr. Philip Ugbodaga was kidnapped by some faceless individuals. While I urge all to fervently pray for his speedy release, I commend all on-going efforts being made to secure his safe release. Undoubtedly, our
brother’s kidnap is yet another reminder of the failure of the Nigerian State.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/10/18/ex-edo-nma-chair-2-other-doctors-kidnapped/
Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by Baroque(f): 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2015

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by RemyMartins(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hmmmn
Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by yomi007k(m): 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
Looking 4 fast xmas money.

May God rescue the victims.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by pyyxxaro: 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
Sai Rochas Okorocha tongue

Sai biafra

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by kossyablaze(m): 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
pyyxxaro:
Sai biafra
dnt be stupid

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by pyyxxaro: 8:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
kossyablaze:
dnt be stupid

Ur Pikin Papa

With ur Lizard face embarassed

8 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by Aromas: 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
pyyxxaro:
Sai biafra
Bros dis weeds don dey 2much o

21 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by delishpot: 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
Some Nigerians hate good things sha. People dedicate their time to help yet they are treated like scum by the few evil minded people. Those boys if caught should be dealt with by the community cos this action of theirs will stop people from helping the community in future. Those kidnappers should be treated as enemies of the land.
They will carry placard of support for corrupt people who will not sink a single borehole for their communities and then kidnapp those who are helping their communities improve.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by pyyxxaro: 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
Aromas:

Bros dis weeds don dey 2much o

Uncle this ur Aproko life style go make u lodge for kirikiri ooo

Try de de ur lane o, make you nor go enter one chance embarassed
Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by kossyablaze(m): 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
pyyxxaro:

Ur Pikin Papa

lol grow up tho.Na kids dey exchange rants on NL.I do fists...U don rush view my profile come dey feel rich handsome ass like me.U ll neva get to my level...Academically,Socially,Financially and Morally...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by rhymaster: 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
The criminal Ibo biafranists kidnapped him. Why are there so many criminals there? They abuse other Nigerians that they are poor but even those poor never commit as much crimes as these chestbeating igborillas!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by modath(f): 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
pyyxxaro:

Ur Pikin Papa

grin cheesy

I know i ain't supposed to laugh on such a thread as this but the creative way you passed the insult ehn... cheesy

As for the kidnappers, they won't end well, free medicare & they still act the fool..

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by pyyxxaro: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
kossyablaze:
lol grow up tho.Na kids dey exchange rants on NL.I do fists...U don rush view my profile come dey feel rich handsome ass like me.U ll neva get to my level...Academically,Socially,Financially and Morally...

Lmao

Very Interesting grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by pyyxxaro: 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
modath:

grin cheesy

I know i ain't supposed to laugh on such a thread as this but the creative way you passed the insult ehn... cheesy

As for the kidnappers, they won't end well, free medicare & they still act the fool..

Bros what to do naa

They would def release them
Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by Young03(m): 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rochas i hail oo %

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by Atmmachine(m): 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
Buhari
Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by LieDetector(m): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
grin88:
Won tun ti bere ooo, awon Igbo
IYANGBALI:
Heboe again shocked shocked shocked biafra is finished grin
pyyxxaro:

Sai biafra
rhymaster:
The criminal Ibo biafranists kidnapped him. Why are there so many criminals there? They abuse other Nigerians that they are poor but even those poor never commit as much crimes as these chestbeating igborillas!
[size=20pt]UNA Father there idiots[/size] angry

4 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by hemartins(m): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
they would be returned unhurt. just pay the ransom and the kidnappers would gladly free them. then the Nigerian police will come out and take the credit.
Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by tola9ja: 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
pyyxxaro:

Sai biafra

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by kennyman2000(m): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by tola9ja: 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
be patient within 24hrs they will be found this is buharis tenure
Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by Beesluv: 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
na wa o
Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by IYANGBALI: 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Heboe again shocked shocked shocked biafra is finished grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by iamkingzlee(m): 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Oga Kintom, hope you are safe and sound in cali cry Anyway your head no go pay! soo dem no fit carry you!
Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by kossyablaze(m): 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
pyyxxaro:

Lmao
Very Interesting grin

Now shove it up ur throat dumbass modaf!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by tola9ja: 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
richmu:
Lol

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by grin88(m): 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
Won tun ti bere ooo, awon Igbo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by Gboliwe: 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
Lol @ headline. Were they supposed to kidnap Idian or Korean doctors?

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by HowAreYou(m): 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
L
Re: 3 Nigerian Doctors Kidnapped In Imo State by JuicyStar: 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
metroparrot:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/10/18/ex-edo-nma-chair-2-other-doctors-kidnapped/

Arase time don reach to show. Nothing must do them ooh. God will bring them back safe n sound

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana Moves For Extradition Of Nigerian Kidnap Suspects / NDLEA Arrests Varsity Students, Trader, Recovers Over 5000kg Drugs / EFCC Arraigns Young Man Pretending To Be Prince Andrew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.