Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress (36095 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? Muslim View Point / Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by No2Atheism(m): 5:22am On Jun 30, 2009
In conclusion basically:

- Illuminati exist and are actually ruling us all.

- Illuminati are pagans just as freemasons are pagans just as catholics are pagan masquerading as bible believers.

- It is deceptive or ignorant of @Bastage to claim that illuminati does not exist and is just mere conspiracy. It is either u are hopelessly ignorant or you are also a cultist doing your best to protect your secrets.

---------------------------------

- Tattoos and occultic piercings and issues are simply occultic, thus because a particular church or group of nice people are using it does not make it right. The bible is the final authority not the public opinion or popularity poll.

----------------------------------

- @Lady should take her time first to access the evidence before jumping to conclusions.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by topup: 7:46am On Jun 30, 2009
Not trying to cut the conversation short, but when the majority of us, including myself, have not mastered the art of treating our neighbours as we would like to be treated and also loving the Lord our God with all our hearts, why are we panicking about piercings and superficial and peripheral things?

What do you honestly think determines whether someone is walking with God, their behaviour or the decorations on their body?

How do we know we're not being conditioned by society? How do we know that if female ear-piercing was also taboo that we wouldn't add that onto our 'No' list?

My friend last year refused to cut her hair, I asked her why and she told me that a woman told her that if she continued to cut her hair she would go to hell. The woman herself, with her un-cut hair, is she guaranteed a place in heaven - answer anyone?

I think we have to try and not get sidetracked. I agree with JeSoul's comments specifically; We are not bound by Old Testament Laws nor is everything that is permissable is benefical. And not everything beneficial is actually possible to carry out.

I think as Christians we are still struggling to leave the Old concepts behind, about the strict laws of life, for those of us who still need strict laws, there are the 10 commandments and the two most important are emphasised by Jesus, repeated; to love God with all our hearts and treat our neighbours the way we would want to be treated. So what if you don't have any piercings and your hair is grown to the required or advised length, will that get you closer to God??

As for the signs and occult references, I have never been superstitious, and I believe it works in both ways, I have never believed in witchcraft and believed I had magical powers that would give me an advantage, nor have I ever believed if I broke a mirror I'd be cursed, or if some bitter woman on the street yells a curse at me and my unborn child that I would be at a disadvantage.

I only believe in God.

No2Atheism:

In conclusion basically:

- It is deceptive or ignorant of @Bastage to claim that illuminati does not exist and is just mere conspiracy. It is either u are hopelessly ignorant or you are also a cultist doing your best to protect your secrets.

I disagree, I believe claiming it exists gives it some power that it would not have if you don't believe it exists. Once you become aware of it, you are cautious of it, subconsciously you are aware of it's 'power'. I don't believe any of that stuff has power over me, nothing significant once compared to the power of the protection of God over me.

Once you start searching for eyes, signs, links, you are practically as involved as someone who is actively and willingly participating in such things, of course, you are trying to minimise contact with such things, and remove all idols and signs from your immediate surroundings, but I believe these things can distract us from the bigger picture. As long as you are not devoting time to these idols, or worshipping them, then I don't believe you should worry too much, after all anyone can make an idol or symbol out of anything.

I don't believe God is that crucial over such things;

II Kings 5v 18
"In this thing may the Lord pardon your servant; when my master [the king] goes into the house of [his god] Rimmon to worship there, and he leans on my hand and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon, when I bow down myself in the house of Rimmon, may the Lord pardon your servant in this thing."

Here Naaman the commander of the army (but)'servant' of the King of Syria asks God to forgive him as he bows down in the house of Rimmon. Bowing down to another God, he understood that such a thing could upset God and is not right, but he pleaded that God would look into his heart. In all honesty at this point Naaman did not believe in Rimmon, but he knew that he would lose his position if he did not help the king, he knew that the King of Syria (being aged) could not bow down by himself, so now Naaman would have to bow before another god/idol.

Verse 19 "Elisha said to him, Go in peace.
So Naaman departed from him a little way."

Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by No2Atheism(m): 7:57am On Jun 30, 2009
topup:

Not trying to cut the conversation short, but when the majority of us, including myself, have not mastered the art of treating our neighbours as we would like to be treated and also loving the Lord our God with all our hearts, why are we panicking about piercings and superficial and peripheral things?

What do you honestly think determines whether someone is walking with God, their behaviour or the decorations on their body?

How do we know we're not being conditioned by society? How do we know that if female ear-piercing was also taboo that we wouldn't add that onto our 'No' list?

I think we have to try and not get sidetracked. I agree with JeSoul's comments specifically; We are not bound by Old Testament Laws nor is everything that is permissable is benefical. And not everything beneficial is actually possible to carry out.

I think as Christians we are still struggling to leave the Old concepts behind, about the strict laws of life, for those of us who still need strict laws, there are the 10 commandments and the two most important are emphasised by Jesus, repeated; to love God with all our hearts and treat our neighbours the way we would want to be treated. So what if you don't have any piercings and your hair is grown to the required or advised length, will that get you closer to God??

As for the signs and occult references, I have never been superstitious, and I believe it works in both ways, I have never believed in witchcraft and believed I had magical powers that would give me an advantage, nor have I ever believed if I broke a mirror I'd be cursed, or if some bitter woman on the street yells a curse at me and my unborn child that I would be at a disadvantage.

I only believe in God.

I also believe in the permissible beneficial principle however everything must be done in consideration of :

- if it causes others to sin
- glorifies the Creator.
- if glorifies the devil in ignorance.

Hence though u do not believe in occult issues does not mean it does not exist, the time of ignorance is bliss, but once u know that its occultice in nature it becomes selfish and disobedient to scriptures to continue to do something that glorifies the devil.

e.g. I also used to use the peace sign before until i realised that its actually a secret sign language used by occults to praise the devil (the two fingers represented the horns of the devil according to occultic principles). Hence even though i know it is permissible to still use the sign cause it has nothing to do with my salvation, nevertheless i know its not beneficial to my concscience and to others around me considering that it only causes me to feel guilty for doing something that i now know is used to glorify the devil.

It is written that he that knows how to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Hence the good in this case is that: I know that some things are occultic, hence it would be sin for someone like me who knows not to reveal it to other people who do not.

I am not saying people should stop doing wat they are doing far from it, cus its their decision not mine. All i am saying is that continuing to use tatoos and occultic issues does not glorify the Creator, infact it does the opposite; it glorifies the devil, whether or not they realise it or not.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by topup: 8:32am On Jun 30, 2009
No2Atheism:

I also believe in the permissible beneficial principle however everything must be done in consideration of :

- if it causes others to sin
- glorifies the Creator.
- if glorifies the devil in ignorance.

Hence though u do not believe in occult issues does not mean it does not exist, the time of ignorance is bliss, but once u know that its occultice in nature it becomes selfish and disobedient to scriptures to continue to do something that glorifies the devil.

e.g. I also used to use the peace sign before until i realised that its actually a secret sign language used by occults to praise the devil (the two fingers represented the horns of the devil according to occultic principles). Hence even though i know it is permissible to still use the sign cause it has nothing to do with my salvation, nevertheless i know its not beneficial to my concscience and to others around me considering that it only causes me to feel guilty for doing something that i now know is used to glorify the devil.

It is written that he that knows how to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Hence the good in this case is that: I know that some things are occultic, hence it would be sin for someone like me who knows not to reveal it to other people who do not.

I am not saying people should stop doing wat they are doing far from it, cus its their decision not mine. All i am saying is that continuing to use tatoos and occultic issues does not glorify the Creator, infact it does the opposite; it glorifies the devil, whether or not they realise it or not.

Well then maybe I'm just ignorant then, but then you are probably too. There are so many signs and ways many things can be taken. I'm just urging us not to lose sight, do we think God is losing sleep over a peace sign or the way we ignore those around us in need. I believe we should have priorities. Of course if we are aware of what we are doing and its interpretation by others and if it's glorifying the devil, then we should curb it. But actively searching everything, I'm not so sure of, and it's not because I advocate ignorance, I'm advocating a rational order of priorities.

Sin is sin, I agree whether it is by ignorance or intentional, but the dynamics of things are so much more different than they were back in the era of the Bible. I am sure that a lot of things we do these days were signs of the devil, leave anything to interpretation and you will get a million answers.

If I had to list all the things I've been warned about, I don't think any of us would be interacting with the outside world, everyone has found their different reasons, done their research, made links and to some extent exaggerated or minimised things.

Harry Potter,
Procter & Gamble products (all the detergents, prescriptions drugs e.t.c),
Yoga & Pilates,
Pyramids,
Eyes,
Sabrina the Teenage Witch,
Angelina Jolie,
Buffy the Vampie Slayer,
All Horror, Thriller and Chiller genre movies,
DMX,
Beyonce,
Jay-Z,
Practically every non-christian genre music artist,
Rap,
Rock,
Pop,
Secular music in general,
Certain clothes,
Certain dance moves,
Certain words,
Certain noices,
Certain animals,
. . .
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by No2Atheism(m): 8:45am On Jun 30, 2009
@topup

don't misunderstand me, i am not saying u r ignorant.

- wat i am saying is that there are certain things we do that glorifies the devil even though we ourselves do not really know.
- off course there are many products being made by occultic people that we are using in our everyday lives.

There issue here is not wat product we use that involves our day to day living, rather it involves the things that are considered luxury (and not really necessary for day to day living).

Tatoo is a luxury
Food is a necessity
Bowing down to idols is a luxury
Clothes is a necessity.

Hence even though someone occultic might be involved in the making of the food or the clothe, however cus its a need that is permitted, it also becomes beneficial because not eating can cause death which intself is suicide which in itself is a sin.

Not wearing tatoos or bowing down to idols has nothing to do with necessity, instead it is a luxury.

Hence the question becomes, are we ready to let go of our luxury when we find out that its a form of paganism disguised as modernism.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by No2Atheism(m): 8:52am On Jun 30, 2009
There are so many signs and ways many things can be taken. I'm just urging us not to lose sight, do we think God is losing sleep over a peace sign or the way we ignore those around us in need

This topic is about issues such as tattoos and body piercing and the likes and not about giving of alms hence no need to link it to it, cus that is another topic on its own.

Seriously speaking, the issue is not on whether we know wat the Creator loses sleep on or what He does not lose sleep on. The issue with is that what does the Bible say.

Hence if the bible says i can do something i would go ahead to do it, even if it means that others do not like.
Hence if the bible says i cannot do something i would not bother to do it irrespective of differing opinion.

Issues of not defiling the body is quite clear, tatoos and body piercing are not only defiling the body but are also linked to occult practices hence the reason for me stand.

My earlier posts was in response to someone who ignorantly claimed that Illuminati was just a conspiracy
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by topup: 9:43am On Jun 30, 2009
Freemasons exist. .

"Candidates for regular Freemasonry are required to declare a belief in a Supreme Being.[28] However, the candidate is not asked to expand on, or explain, his interpretation of Supreme Being. The discussion of politics and religion is forbidden within a Masonic Lodge, in part so a Mason will not be placed in the situation of having to justify his personal interpretation.[29] Thus, reference to the Supreme Being will mean the Christian Trinity to a Christian Mason, Allah to a Muslim Mason, Para Brahman to a Hindu Mason, etc. And while most Freemasons would take the view that the term Supreme Being equates to God, others may hold a more complex or philosophical interpretation of the term.

In the ritual, the Supreme Being is referred to as the Great Architect of the Universe, which alludes to the use of architectural symbolism within Freemasonry.[30][31]

A Volume of the Sacred Law is always displayed in an open Lodge in those jurisdictions which require a belief in the Supreme Being. In English-speaking countries, this is frequently the King James Version of the Bible or another standard translation; there is no such thing as an exclusive "Masonic Bible".[32] In many French Lodges, the Masonic Constitutions are used instead. Furthermore, a candidate is given his choice of religious text for his Obligation, according to his beliefs. UGLE alludes to similarities to legal practice in the UK, and to a common source with other oath taking processes.[33][34][35][36] In Lodges with a membership of mixed religions it is common to find more than one sacred text displayed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasons

General requirements
Generally, to be a regular Freemason, a candidate must:[21]

Be a man who comes of his own free will.
Believe in a Supreme Being (the form of which is left to open interpretation by the candidate).
Be at least the minimum age (from 18–25 years old depending on the jurisdiction).
Be of good morals, and of good reputation.
Be of sound mind and body (Lodges had in the past denied membership to a man because of a physical disability; however, now, if a potential candidate says a disability will not cause problems, it will not be held against him).
Be free-born (or "born free", i.e. not born a slave or bondsman).[57] As with the previous, this is entirely an historical holdover, and can be interpreted in the same manner as it is in the context of being entitled to write a will. Some jurisdictions have removed this requirement.
Be capable of furnishing character references, as well as one or two references from current Masons, depending on jurisdiction.
Deviation from one or more of these requirements is generally the barometer of Masonic regularity or irregularity. However, an accepted deviation in some regular jurisdictions is to allow a Lewis (the son of a Mason)[58] to be initiated earlier than the normal minimum age for that jurisdiction, although no earlier than the age of 18.

Some Grand Lodges in the United States have an additional residence requirement, candidates being expected to have lived within the jurisdiction for a certain period of time, typically six months.[59]

Membership and religion
Freemasonry explicitly and openly states that it is neither a religion nor a substitute for one. "There is no separate Masonic God", nor a separate proper name for a deity in any branch of Freemasonry.[28][60]

Regular Freemasonry requires that its candidates believe in a Supreme Being, but the interpretation of the term is subject to the conscience of the candidate. This means that men from a wide range of faiths, including (but not limited to) Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Sikhism, Hinduism, etc. can and have become Masons.

Since the early 19th century, in the irregular Continental European tradition (meaning irregular to those Grand Lodges in amity with the United Grand Lodge of England), a very broad interpretation has been given to a (non-dogmatic) Supreme Being; in the tradition of Baruch Spinoza and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe – or views of The Ultimate Cosmic Oneness – along with Western atheistic idealism and agnosticism.

Freemasonry in Scandinavia, known as the Swedish Rite, on the other hand, accepts only Christians. In addition, some appendant bodies (or portions thereof) may have religious requirements. These have no bearing, however, on what occurs at the lodge level.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by No2Atheism(m): 9:54am On Jun 30, 2009
topup:

Freemasons exist. .

"Candidates for regular Freemasonry are required to declare a belief in a Supreme Being.[28] However, the candidate is not asked to expand on, or explain, his interpretation of Supreme Being. The discussion of politics and religion is forbidden within a Masonic Lodge, in part so a Mason will not be placed in the situation of having to justify his personal interpretation.[29] Thus, reference to the Supreme Being will mean the Christian Trinity to a Christian Mason, Allah to a Muslim Mason, Para Brahman to a Hindu Mason, etc. And while most Freemasons would take the view that the term Supreme Being equates to God, others may hold a more complex or philosophical interpretation of the term.

In the ritual, the Supreme Being is referred to as the Great Architect of the Universe, which alludes to the use of architectural symbolism within Freemasonry.[30][31]

A Volume of the Sacred Law is always displayed in an open Lodge in those jurisdictions which require a belief in the Supreme Being. In English-speaking countries, this is frequently the King James Version of the Bible or another standard translation; there is no such thing as an exclusive "Masonic Bible".[32] In many French Lodges, the Masonic Constitutions are used instead. Furthermore, a candidate is given his choice of religious text for his Obligation, according to his beliefs. UGLE alludes to similarities to legal practice in the UK, and to a common source with other oath taking processes.[33][34][35][36] In Lodges with a membership of mixed religions it is common to find more than one sacred text displayed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasons

General requirements
Generally, to be a regular Freemason, a candidate must:[21]

Be a man who comes of his own free will.
Believe in a Supreme Being (the form of which is left to open interpretation by the candidate).
Be at least the minimum age (from 18–25 years old depending on the jurisdiction).
Be of good morals, and of good reputation.
Be of sound mind and body (Lodges had in the past denied membership to a man because of a physical disability; however, now, if a potential candidate says a disability will not cause problems, it will not be held against him).
Be free-born (or "born free", i.e. not born a slave or bondsman).[57] As with the previous, this is entirely an historical holdover, and can be interpreted in the same manner as it is in the context of being entitled to write a will. Some jurisdictions have removed this requirement.
Be capable of furnishing character references, as well as one or two references from current Masons, depending on jurisdiction.
Deviation from one or more of these requirements is generally the barometer of Masonic regularity or irregularity. However, an accepted deviation in some regular jurisdictions is to allow a Lewis (the son of a Mason)[58] to be initiated earlier than the normal minimum age for that jurisdiction, although no earlier than the age of 18.

Some Grand Lodges in the United States have an additional residence requirement, candidates being expected to have lived within the jurisdiction for a certain period of time, typically six months.[59]

Membership and religion
Freemasonry explicitly and openly states that it is neither a religion nor a substitute for one. "There is no separate Masonic God", nor a separate proper name for a deity in any branch of Freemasonry.[28][60]

Regular Freemasonry requires that its candidates believe in a Supreme Being, but the interpretation of the term is subject to the conscience of the candidate. This means that men from a wide range of faiths, including (but not limited to) Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Sikhism, Hinduism, etc. can and have become Masons.

Since the early 19th century, in the irregular Continental European tradition (meaning irregular to those Grand Lodges in amity with the United Grand Lodge of England), a very broad interpretation has been given to a (non-dogmatic) Supreme Being; in the tradition of Baruch Spinoza and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe – or views of The Ultimate Cosmic Oneness – along with Western atheistic idealism and agnosticism.

Freemasonry in Scandinavia, known as the Swedish Rite, on the other hand, accepts only Christians. In addition, some appendant bodies (or portions thereof) may have religious requirements. These have no bearing, however, on what occurs at the lodge level.

Essential its even clear to see that freemasons are pagans masquerading as something else.

The bible makes it clear that there is no other Creator, He is not Allah, He is not a force, He is not an Alien, He is not Hindu god.

He is simply the I am that I am as reported in the Bible nothing more nothing less.

------------------------

@topup

By the way be careful about wikipedia, it usually contains false information sometimes. Information intentionally crafted in a way meant to mislead the reader and user hence never ever make it your base reference. Always assume it is lying.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by topup: 10:03am On Jun 30, 2009
Wow, 100 references is a lot for a pack of lies.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by No2Atheism(m): 10:10am On Jun 30, 2009
topup:

Wow, 100 references is a lot for a pack of lies.

I am saying be careful cus having references is not a prelude to saying the truth.

Wikipedia is not peer reviewed meaning that was is shown is not reviewed hence listing references makes no difference because not everybody bothers to check the references.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by topup: 10:13am On Jun 30, 2009
No2Atheism:

Essential its even clear to see that freemasons are pagans masquerading as something else.

The bible makes it clear that there is no other Creator, He is not Allah, He is not a force, He is not an Alien, He is not Hindu god.

He is simply the I am that I am as reported in the Bible nothing more nothing less.

Yes, we know that, but we cannot pretend as if there are people today who use their free will and choose to worship Allah. I do not believe in Allah, even though Allah is just Arabic for God. I do not believe in the God of Islam, however, it makes sense if freemasons is attempting to come across less cult-ish, to allow people to execute their free-will. Isn't it the fact that people are forced to believe in ONE thing that clasifies most clubs as cults??

The fact that they are claiming that they don't discriminate and allow all religions make it seem no more harmful than a kidies nursery club or school.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by topup: 10:15am On Jun 30, 2009
No2Atheism:

I am saying be careful cus having references is not a prelude to saying the truth.

Wikipedia is not peer reviewed meaning that was is shown is not reviewed hence listing references makes no difference because not everybody bothers to check the references.

Yes, that's true. I have an account on Wikipedia and I know how it works. It just seems very convincing, if I had to be really sceptical I could say because freemasons tend to be wealthy and successful businessmen, they could have possibly just hired an expensive writer to compose everything in the form of an article.

I think I will do more research into this, even though it's going to be difficult since I should trust anything.

By the way, if we shouldn't trust a thing so easily, why are you so quick to trust the articles written opposing the freemasons?? Doesn't the argument work both ways?
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by JJYOU: 10:31am On Jun 30, 2009
topup:

My friend last year refused to cut her hair, I asked her why and she told me that a woman told her that if she continued to cut her hair she would go to hell. The woman herself, with her un-cut hair, is she guaranteed a place in heaven - answer anyone?

I only believe in God.

I disagree, I believe claiming it exists gives it some power that it would not have if you don't believe it exists. Once you become aware of it, you are cautious of it, subconsciously you are aware of it's 'power'. I don't believe any of that stuff has power over me, nothing significant once compared to the power of the protection of God over me.

Once you start searching for eyes, signs, links, you are practically as involved as someone who is actively and willingly participating in such things, of course, you are trying to minimise contact with such things, and remove all idols and signs from your immediate surroundings, but I believe these things can distract us from the bigger picture. As long as you are not devoting time to these idols, or worshipping them, then I don't believe you should worry too much, after all anyone can make an idol or symbol out of anything.

I don't believe God is that crucial over such things;

II Kings 5v 18
"In this thing may the Lord pardon your servant; when my master [the king] goes into the house of [his god] Rimmon to worship there, and he leans on my hand and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon, when I bow down myself in the house of Rimmon, may the Lord pardon your servant in this thing."

Here Naaman the commander of the army (but)'servant' of the King of Syria asks God to forgive him as he bows down in the house of Rimmon. Bowing down to another God, he understood that such a thing could upset God and is not right, but he pleaded that God would look into his heart. In all honesty at this point Naaman did not believe in Rimmon, but he knew that he would lose his position if he did not help the king, he knew that the King of Syria (being aged) could not bow down by himself, so now Naaman would have to bow before another god/idol.

Verse 19 "Elisha said to him, Go in peace.
So Naaman departed from him a little way."

is this REV (DR) WOLI TOPUP i see before me? are u also amongsts the wolis? this seun place hide loads of secrets.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by No2Atheism(m): 10:59am On Jun 30, 2009
wikipedia is not my reference. I have scurred the internet for enough info. Hence i have digested enough info to know that i don't need to use wikipedia before i know freemasons are evil in disguise.

By the way cus freemasons do good deeds or allow freewill does not mean they are still not pagans.

One attribute of pagans is that they believe in many gods, e.g. the greeks, romans and egyptians. (guess wat all those civilisations were also quite succcessful and affluent and benevolent wen they choose to be).

The devil is capable of coming as an angel of light, hence doing good deeds is not my standard.

My standard is the bible.

In this case, the bible opposes freemasons even though they claim to reference it. Referencing the bible has nothing to do with wat is on ground.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by topup: 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2009
JJYOU:

is this REV (DR) WOLI TOPUP i see before me? are u also amongsts the wolis? this seun place hide loads of secrets.

What's a 'Woli'??
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by ayobase(m): 11:10am On Jul 31, 2009
I have been reading urs opinion(s)
from those threads, but,

Imagine Jesus Christ putting on a tattoo,
fine, u are gonna say civilisation matters!
pls, dont forget that He is the same today,
yesterday and forever!!!

Do u still remeber the perfect way?The Old Way!

People are so much losing it these days
due to the effect of civilisation and satan is
so fulfilled with that.

U at a point said Bible aint against tattoo,
where is that?

What does it even cost u to shun tattoo?

U have a very short period on this planet.
1000 years is like a day before God.

Imagine going to hell after wearing tatto
for 1.68hrs as per 70yrs in our world!

And please, stop being temperamental!
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by ayobase(m): 11:33am On Jul 31, 2009
overtime, I have come to a conclusion
that one should put into consideration
what is being always warned about especially
if one will wanna make it in life or live long!

This is also applied to this topic.

Why must we always try to just
twist the Bible for ours advantages.

What the Bible says is the final,
please U will be causing urself doom
if added or removed from it!

Remember the last statement of the Bible!
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by ayobase(m): 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2009
PEACE!
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by agathamari(f): 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2010
if you want to and you are willing to deal with the stigma some people have then why not

tattoo - have em
"normal piercings" - have em
"exotic piercings" - have em
multi colored hair - had it
long hair/shaved head - had it

"the difference between tattooed people and non tattooed people is tattooed people never ask you why you dont have tattoos"
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by bawomolo(m): 12:17am On Feb 03, 2010
agathamari:

if you want to and you are willing to deal with the stigma some people have then why not

tattoo - have em
"normal piercings" - have em
"exotic piercings" - have em
multi colored hair - had it
long hair/shaved head - had it

"the difference between tattooed people and non tattooed people is tattooed people never ask you why you dont have tattoos"

interesting, what do you mean by "exotic" piercings. tell me more grin
what kind of tattoos do you have by the way.

I respect you for being willing to express your self.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by Nobody: 1:50am On Feb 03, 2010
Its funny how people argue issues like this
one myt not realise that spiritual things are so deep and way beyond the comprehensive sphere of your visible world but
if you've ever felt your breath with your hands and ~noticed that you inhale some cold fresh air and exhale an exhausted warm air
then there myt be a part of you apart from that part reading this that myt realise that
you really don't know anything about demons and fallen angels of very thick absolute indept darkness
i have no sympathy for the wolves
the spiritual precludes the physical
your tattoos and body piercings are connected to devil honors preserved from ancient times until now
some things are vaguely completely integrated with the concept of death
the more you indulge the more you help a fallen angel regain its wings
but one can be redeemed
like the bible clearly states in the new testament ~your bodies belong to God

so why mutilate it with a phenomenal demonic death?
You don't have to see a big picture of these right now
but you can realise that your understanding of the spiritual is very shallow and limited
becuz you don't have wings!
not until you really and sincerely get connected with GOD
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by agathamari(f): 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2010
bawomolo:

interesting, what do you mean by "exotic" piercings. tell me more grin
what kind of tattoos do you have by the way.

I respect you for being willing to express your self.

normal piercing refers to standard ear lobes/ear bands/belly button/nose studs
exotic is other facial or body piercings like eyebrows/lips/plugs/cheeks/n1pples/gen1tals. . .
i have/had 11 piercings (most taken out now) use your imagination
i have 15 tattoos most are celtic totems.

@adolfe bad- what in the world are you talking about?  tattoos are symbols of death and the devil?  what are you smoking?   nearly all tattoos have nothing to do with the devil.  you think everyone who has a tattoo is part of Hell's Angels or a gang or something?
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by QudusSali: 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2011
http://www.biblebelievers.com/watkins_tattoos/rebel.html

Please read this full lenghth article on Tattoos and make up your mind after.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by kooto(m): 12:01am On Jan 07, 2012
First thing: the above is just conspiracy bullshit. The Illuminati does not exist and the Freemasons do not worship the All Seeing Eye.
The image itself may have originated with the Egyptians but it has also been used many times in Christianity - particularly during the Renaissance. It was used to depict the Trinity. So actually, the All Seeing Eye is a symbol that was adopted by Christianity. Hence anyone who burbles on about worshipping Osiris and Freemasons and Illuminati running the world is just talking crap. End of story.

I believe you will agree that you don't know everything, likewise no one can claim to know all,if some one post a contribution & you dont have an idea or understand what that person posted does not mean/you should not say that person is talking crap. xtianity will be laughable & make no sense until one begin to live it,concerning this questions of tattoo etc why not individually ask your pastors & hear their answers.
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
toneyb:

Are lying, stealing and killing not also under the law? should Christians continue to lie, steal and kill because they are no longer under the law?
no..dats not wat we saying..we are in d era of the spirit now we work according to the fruits of the spirit.if dey ar fruits wat is the seed the word of God..we are xtains we want to b christ like,so if we have the spirit of God we not under the law his spirit works in us if we allow him
Re: Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress by vainxkid: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
I would just like to say that you have contradicted your self by saying that women can ear rings but anything that you add to yourself is a body modification so think .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Visits Cana Of Galilee Where Jesus Performed 1st Miracle (Pics) / Photos: Hilarious Names Of Churches/ Ministries / We Need More Support From Igbos To Propagate Islam In South-east – Igbo Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.