Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria (86561 Views)

Top Five Churches With Largest Universities In The World Revealed [see List] / What Number Comes After Trillion? See The Name Of The World Largest Numbers / See The Six Largest Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by christmalachy(m): 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2015
i didn't see futo in dat list.. dat school is very big,OP u need to go there before posting anything

1 Like

Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by mauricel: 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
adeitoro:
where is FUTO in that list?
if Futo is not in that list, then it is fake

unillorin lacks infrastructure #fact.

Please don't say what you dont know, who told you unilorin lacks infrastructures a matter of fact how many universities hv a flat screen on there walkway nd .nt there .SU building or common room..if u hv been to unilorin recently you wil know they are expanding everyday and i don't fink dere z any university undergoing d kind of development unilorin is undergoing presently in terms of building and construction of standard road and sitout for student. Am nt saying unilorin is the best but close to.

1 Like

Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by Dalyjay(m): 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ehn ehn... Wat of u.i university of ibadan, dat place s bad mehn..... Am surprised oooooo
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by investwisely: 5:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
adeitoro:
where is FUTO in that list?
if Futo is not in that list, then it is fake

unillorin lacks infrastructure #fact.

Simple eglish you cannot interpret. Poster said Largest land, which one be lacks infrastructure again.

If we come your school now na so so collapsed and outdated infrastructures go dey dere.

I doubt if una get any correct structure sef
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by chykmoni(m): 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
Aspiregreat:
Your list is null and void.

The biggest University so far is UNN.
Uniilorin is inarguably the largest. I have been there once, and am also a super Lion.
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by baruzeez(m): 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
investwisely:

Simple eglish you cannot interpret. Poster said Largest land, which one be lacks infrastructure again.

If we come your school now na so so collapsed and outdated infrastructures go dey dere.

I doubt if una get any correct structure sef
why u even dey give am hope
speaking of universities in Nigeria shey na Futo we wan come dey put beside UNILORIN ni
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by martinsaba: 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
op you very wrong, federal university if agriculture makurdi and Abu remain the largest university in Nigeria
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by fleksy: 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
oluwadanie1:
To set the records straight, CAMPUS DAILES brings to you the 1st five largest universities in Nigeria.

1) University of Ilorin - 75,000 hectares

2) Obafemi Awolowo University - 13,000 hectares

3) University of Abuja - 11,824 hectares

4) Federal University of Agriculture, abeokuta - 10,000 hectares

5) Ahmadu Bello University - 7,000 hectares.

Source: wikipedia.com

http://www.campusdailies.com/2015/10/see-five-largest-universities-in-nigeria.html?m=1

UNILORIN why na?

all those fulanis would just take advantage of the spare hectares to graze and God save mek dem no kidnap
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by Msquare220: 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
No Unimaid Ahh,,,, This list is incomplete
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by Focused2day: 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
Aspiregreat:
Your list is null and void.

The biggest University so far is UNN.
Physically or Spiritually?
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by simplisity(m): 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
Fake news of d century.
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by simplisity(m): 7:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
Fake news of d century.
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by mrwiddy(m): 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
very funny!!
i wonder y wikipedia's facts seem inaccurate sometimes,
..its undisputed dat Ahmadu Bello University,zaria is the second largest uni in d whole of africa,i wonder y it is nw d fifth on dat list.
source: eye-see's and stated facts by wikipedia.
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by Aspiregreat: 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2015
Focused2day:

Physically or Spiritually?

All of the Above.

sad
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by napoleonbaba(m): 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
Awa ti better by far rey
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by Spiff20(m): 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
Chuckd123:
Like someone said, if FUTO is not on the list, then it's fake. Like someone said, if FUTO is not on the list, then it's fake.
Truly, FUTO needs to be there.
All this folks screaming FUTO no doubt it's big from ihiagwa to umuchima cos it's curved and not the entire stretch of the 2 communities. Even Unical, Uniport, Unn, are bigger than Futo and they are calm you guys should take a chill pill jor.
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by kenedy175(m): 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
hitleraldof:
dude av you ever been to uniabuja? if 5 stadiums were built in the skl er will still be space for 5 more
Lol... I have been to uniabuja, abu, some south south universities and most universities in the east. I School in unimaid. But there isn't any university that I have seen that's bigger than abu. Those that have been around can testify to that. Uniabuja is just a fraction of ABU. You can't even compare unimaid to uniabuja. I haven't seen the end of unimaid not with standing the fact that I have spent most of my life there.

Explore bro!!

1 Like

Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by kenedy175(m): 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
pretty050:
uniabuja has most of its legal lands occupied by indigens et al. land mass From gwagwalada to p.site
My dear, it still doesn't change the fact that it's not suppose to be on that list. I can't even believe it made this list. UNIABUJA cam be carved out of UNIMAID 10 times or even more. Mind you, UNIMAID, ABU... all have staff quaters and nearly 100% of the staffs live in it and still, not upto 60% of the school is utilized
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by kenedy175(m): 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2015
Some people shouting FUTO, I can bet my last coin that they haven't crossed the Niger. Hahaha. I met a corper that studied in FUTO and served in maid. He said that FUTO is like a faculty in UNIMAID. I'm not exaggerating. Those were his words
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by pretty050(f): 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
kenedy175:

My dear, it still doesn't change the fact that it's not suppose to be on that list. I can't even believe it made this list. UNIABUJA cam be carved out of UNIMAID 10 times or even more. Mind you, UNIMAID, ABU... all have staff quaters and nearly 100% of the staffs live in it and still, not upto 60% of the school is utilized
and uniabuja doesn't staff quarters? Or is it the staff school in the quarters u want to talk abt
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by kenedy175(m): 9:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
pretty050:
and uniabuja doesn't staff quarters? Or is it the staff school in the quarters u want to talk abt
I have seen it all. Its still small!!! ;DMost of the new generation universities weren't built as big as the older ones. Uniabuja was just established in 1988!!
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by pretty050(f): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
ABU is unarguably a very big school, but the others, forget it
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by exemen: 10:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
afolayangs:
this is kwara polytechnics ARA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by chukzey442(m): 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2015
Moblord:
Maidites do u agree with this?
NOOO...... MY "NO" IS AS LONG AS FROM AKADA TO COMPLEX.
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by chukzey442(m): 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2015
Moblord:
Maidites do u agree with this?
NOOO...... MY "NO" IS AS LONG AS FROM AKADA TO COMPLEX.

1 Like

Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by 400billionman: 1:55am On Oct 21, 2015
oluwadanie1:
To set the records straight, CAMPUS DAILES brings to you the 1st five largest universities in Nigeria.

http://www.campusdailies.com/2015/10/see-five-largest-universities-in-nigeria.html?m=1

You obviously dont know what is 75,000 hectares. Lies from hell.
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by Topmaike007(m): 9:12am On Oct 21, 2015
oluwadanie1:

MR OP go and edit your post Amodu bello is the largest not unilorin Abu zaria is the 2nd largest in africa after cairo university...
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by Holuu(m): 10:49am On Oct 21, 2015
[quote author=GideonG post=39143554]Unilorin is not using upto 5% of it's land.
FUNAAB is nt using up to 2% of it's land tho
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by SlyCharlie(m): 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
Spiff20:
All this folks screaming FUTO no doubt it's big from ihiagwa to umuchima cos it's curved and not the entire stretch of the 2 communities. Even Unical, Uniport, Unn, are bigger than Futo and they are calm you guys should take a chill pill jor.
Dude don't make me laff, yes FUTO ain't the biggest but comparing it with Uniport?!!!...
Dude even if u join both Delta and Abuja Campuses of uniport it still won't be up to that of FUTO...
the only university u mentioned that may compete with FUTO in landmass is UNN...
FUTO total landmass is 4057 hectres #fact!
Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by SlyCharlie(m): 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
baruzeez:
why u even dey give am hope
speaking of universities in Nigeria shey na Futo we wan come dey put beside UNILORIN ni
Lol...man don't make me laugh...
When did we start hearing of unillorin?.....
To start with FUTO is an all science school, unillorin is mixed..
But whenbit comes to the area of Engineering and Physical Sciences no School as much as coughs where FUTO is... except for recently FUTA.
The leading school in Engineering in Nigeria for Yearsss,!!!!.
U guys(unillorin can produce the best lawyers or pharmacist or journalist for all i care, but when it comes to where it matters most u guys dont come close....
A 2.1 student from FUTO is widely considered before any other esp. in engineering and sciences, u can go figure.
Our many alumni in shell mobil and many other multi national corporations are testamount to that.
So please next time dont u EVER, I repeat, EVER compare FUTO and unillorin in terms of academic excellence cos the difference is very clear..
Jusf because of recent developments in the school u want to come and challenge the big boys who have seen it all, am not sayin unillorin ain't a good school but dude chill some schools are veterans whenbit comes to the biz ok!.
Peace

1 Like

Re: See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria by baruzeez(m): 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
SlyCharlie:

Lol...man don't make me laugh...
When did we start hearing of unillorin?.....
To start with FUTO is an all science school, unillorin is mixed..
But whenbit comes to the area of Engineering and Physical Sciences no School as much as coughs where FUTO is... except for recently FUTA.
The leading school in Engineering in Nigeria for Yearsss,!!!!.
U guys(unillorin can produce the best lawyers or pharmacist or journalist for all i care, but when it comes to where it matters most u guys dont come close....
A 2.1 student from FUTO is widely considered before any other esp. in engineering and sciences, u can go figure.
Our many alumni in shell mobil and many other multi national corporations are testamount to that.
So please next time dont u EVER, I repeat, EVER compare FUTO and unillorin in terms of academic excellence cos the difference is very clear..
Jusf because of recent developments in the school u want to come and challenge the big boys who have seen it all, am not sayin unillorin ain't a good school but dude chill some schools are veterans whenbit comes to the biz ok!.
Peace
do i hear u say veterans when it comes to science and engineering. unilorin started its engineering faculty back in 1976.
your kwashiorkor school was founded 1980. so chill do u even know the meaning of veterans.
my broda it is will foolhardy of me to start a FUTO Vs UNILORIN argument because it is like comparing FUOYE to MIT
NOTE: i cant keep quoting people with low exposure and orientation like you. Chairman it is better u leave imo state and take a tour around Nigerian Universities before u start posting gibberish here!!
MUMU if your graduate dey shell and Mobil ours are the one recruiting ya half-baked graduates
PEACE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2016/2017 Complete WAEC Time Table Now Available / Teacher At Best Schools, Abuja Beats, Flogs, Slaps Female Student / Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.