Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team (49586 Views)

Okocha, Van Persie & Emmanuel Emenike Hang Out In Turkey(photos) / Emmanuel Emenike Buys G Wagon [PICS] / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Emmanuel Emenike & How He Spends His Money(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
Super Eagles striker, Emmanuel Emenike, has announced that he is retiring form the national team after five years.

He wrote on Instagram on Monday night, “No more Eagles career! After five great years, I am happy to announce that I have put full-stop to my national team career for the sake of national peace.”

“It’s a pleasure for me to have played for this great country. I never regretted it and I think it’s the best time to end it. Million thanks to all the fans who have been very supportive during the good and bad times.

“I am very proud of my performance, I am proud of my team mates and I am very proud of the nation called ‘Nigeria’. My AFCON gold medal is a sign of great achievement, My AFCON topscorer award speaks a lot about my commitment and dedication to the team. Super Eagles is a camp not a family house, and it shouldn’t be a threat zone for any individual.

“I have done according to our national anthem. “All my dreams came true in the national team, I dreamt (sic) to win Nations Cup for Nigeria after 20-years, I dreamt (sic) to played at the World Cup as well as to make a name for myself… In the space of five years, I got them. I’m a winner!

“For every disappointing fans, maybe due to my inability to re-establish my goal scoring instinct for Super Eagles, I will like to say I’m sorry but the ones I had scored counted well for the team.

”As long as Nigeria remains, you and I will always remember the name ‘Emenike’. “Finally, I am happy to make a bow and continue supporting the team every time.”

Emenike played 35 times for the Super Eagles and scored 16 goals.
More to follow…

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/191792-breaking-emmanuel-emenike-quits-super-eagles.html

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by elbinmanny(m): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2015
Somebody's body odour has done it again embarassed

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by 2dillu2(m): 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
Yes I just saw this on premium times honeric01 lalasticlala front page
elbinmanny:
embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by dayojags10(m): 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
Abeg y'all just full of gimmicks... coming on social media to talk about your team, if you want to retire, keep quiet nd retire jejely...if nah so them they retire, Messi for don retire for argentina since. no room for wailing wailers, just park well

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by sunmike065(m): 11:02pm On Oct 19, 2015
Am sure something ain't well between this guys called "players" and the new coach Sunday Oliseh, how can enenike retired at his earlier age?... Well I just hope the Coach understand what the word TEAM means sha.

159 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Laitesmart(m): 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2015
Another fire rising... In other questions... Is he related to enyeama?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Richie0974: 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
For real? ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
Interesting...To be Honest Its all about Player loyalty...Once Keshi left they became Discontent...I will never play for Nigeria...They don't give a _F**k about Their Players...America FOREVER!...F**K NIGERIA AND THEIR BULSHIT undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
The guy is too young to retire na, that he is in a bad patch of form does not mean he can not be our saviour anytime soon.
dayojags10:
Abeg y'all just full of gimmicks... coming on social media to talk about your team, if you want to retire, keep quiet nd retire jejely...if nah so them they retire, Messi for don retire for argentina since. no room for wailing wailers, just park well
Dude shut up, you are not making any sense. angry

215 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by fretnot(m): 11:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
ok
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by olufemimajek: 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
Lol.. dis South east nd south south boys nd their wahala. Good luck to him grin

No offence! just kidding

5 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by xareal(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
goat...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by FACTUALLYE(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
Emenike retires? Yap i was actualy nt hapi u didnt get ur scoring boots again 4 Nigeria but since u av apologised... No issue again. Gona miss u.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by sokotoburundi(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
sunmike065:
Am sure something ain't well between this guys called "players" and the new coach Sunday Oliseh, how can enenike retired at his earlier age?... Well I just hope the Coach understand what the word TEAM means sha.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by VickyRotex(f): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
"I am happy to announce that I have put full-stop to my national team career for the sake of national peace.”

And they keep using that line.

Something is wrong embarassed

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by phayvoursky(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
I'M SO HAPPY READING THIS. I HOPE HE DOESN'T COME OUT SAYING ITS A LIE.

THIS GUY HAS BEEN IRRELEVANT LATELY IN THE EAGLES SQUAD.

HE IS BETTER OF A DEFENDER THAN A STRIKER.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by dammytosh: 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
Byee

6 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by habex005(m): 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
this is a para retirement note.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by adamskutty(m): 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
Thank God

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Rayman5(m): 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
U try emenike but u nd Yakubu I no knw who worst pass

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Haywhymido(m): 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
Happy retirement bru

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by McEwen(m): 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
cool
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Usjimy(m): 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
Is this now the new trend in Nigerian football that at the slightest provocation, the response is a retirement? I pray we won't be left with just the coach soon.

Tho...Me yaf retired from watching them tey-tey.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
Omen

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Delphi(m): 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
Oliseh should watch it before he gives 'final burial' to the national team.

11 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by BabaO2: 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
Good riddance to bad rubbish

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
No be 2 years ago we called this guy the New Rashidi?

Well, smart move in my opinion.

After going on like 10 matches without a goal in SE shirt and playing at a backwater league, the handwriting was clear on the wall: He was going to lose SE shirt. He acted swiftly.

Yet, we should celebrate him, no matter how short he lasted in the national team. He bailed us out on some occasions and played a very key role in Nigeriaks 2013 AFCON victory.

Thank you, Emenike.

Meanwhile, your major issue was relying on power alone and making your game predictable.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Bigsteveg(m): 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
T
Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by chemicool: 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
Awon weyrey!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by Rayman5(m): 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
U try emenike but u nd Yakubu I no knw who worst passU try emenike but u nd Yakubu I no knw who worst passU try emenike but u nd Yakubu I no knw who worst pass

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team by macaranta(m): 11:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
k

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet Omere Larry Peters: Profile, Biography, Nigeria Striker Making Waves Abroad / Philemon Mulala Mauled To Death By His 3 Dogs / Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.