Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take (13701 Views)

New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo / Chris Brown "HOME" | Shots Of Naija In Video / Asa, Have You Heard Her Songs?what Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by Baro(m): 7:49am On May 01, 2009
Banned Musicals
The following Nigerian musicals have been banned by the Nigerian Broadcast Commission (NBC) for exhibiting vulgarity and indecency.

Enter the place - 2face Idibia

Dance for me - Duncan Mighty

Suddenly - D’banj

I wanna be close to you - D’banj

Nwa Baby - Flavours

Rigirigi - Flavours

Maga Don Pay - Kelly Handsome

Additionally, Africa Independent Television (AIT) has banned Bigiano’s Shayo from being played on its airwaves.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/34334/81/
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by Phemytrend: 8:04am On May 01, 2009
Maga Don Pay - Kelly Handsome and Yahoooze - Olumaintain, looking closely to the lyric of the two tracks i think they all fall into the same

category . NBC shoould consider the two track ban.

1 Like

Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by jiggaz(m): 12:23pm On May 01, 2009
Banning them doesnt mean anything cos it ll inevitably make d sale of those tracks 2 be higher. take KEREWA 4 an example. I dont see anything wrong wit 2face's Enter the place.
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by Fadajasi(m): 12:31pm On May 01, 2009
I wonder o
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by eleshin(m): 4:37pm On May 01, 2009
they are crazy,close to you banned after a year of release!
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by Moonstone(f): 5:24pm On May 01, 2009
Enter the place is vulgar? Oh wow! I don't think I ever heard in depth enough to think of it as vulgar
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 01, 2009
This is what you call excitement on a whole new level, honestly undecided

And I don't mean in a good way.
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by uzwu: 6:51pm On May 01, 2009
Enter the Place is too vulgar to be aired on our Tv and Radio stations. Check out the almost naked ladies on the video even Dbanj's suddenly. And what message is Mr Maga aka Kelly Hansome trying to preach with his Maga don pay song? They all deserved to be banned!
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by Krayola(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2009
Don't they "bleep" out the vulgarity? I mean, no country allows vulgarity on the airwaves but there has to be some sort of middle ground.
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by walttt(m): 12:02am On May 02, 2009
eleshin:

they are crazy,close to you banned after a year of release!
same thing i was thinking!!!
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by 9ja4eva: 3:01am On May 02, 2009
LOL,

Na video or lyrics them dey ban?If lyrics then i bet they will ban all D'banjs songs.
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by ajekpaks(m): 5:42pm On May 02, 2009
Wetin make AIT bann Shayo??
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by Phony200(m): 11:42pm On May 04, 2009
Rubbish decisions taken after a bad day at the office . *Hisses*
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by iboboyz: 10:59am On May 05, 2009
Maybe dem no settle the right people for NBC. After all, when they begin ban songs for naija.
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by badman(m): 11:04am On May 05, 2009
y ban close to u, nothin is wrong wit the video n song in my opinion
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by rockyfela(m): 2:08pm On May 05, 2009
LOL naija wd neva seize 2 amaze me, there is wat we call mature tv, pg18 nd all. cant they bleep out the vulgar words? they dont make any sense jo.
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by mrmetoo1: 6:03pm On May 05, 2009
naija naija naija. . . if the body responsible for all this censorship do not have work to do, they should just pack up and divert the funds to another dept that makes more sense. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with all these songs? Half naked doesn't equal naked and I'm sure even in naija there's something known as "freedom of speech". Where does it end? Before you know it they'll start dictating what a woman can wear in a video. Pls naija is not a sharia state, they need to chill the **beep** out
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by bobeefc(f): 9:47pm On May 07, 2009
wat of bobee fc by dj zeez. if they should bann enter the place y not bobee fc, d lyrics are kinda raw "bobee ma mu tan"
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by princesa(f): 3:54pm On May 09, 2009
ridiculous undecided
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by kayc33(m): 2:02am On May 10, 2009
Baro:

Banned Musicals
The following Nigerian musicals have been banned by the Nigerian Broadcast Commission (NBC) for exhibiting vulgarity and indecency.

Enter the place - 2face Idibia

Dance for me - Duncan Mighty

Suddenly - D’banj

I wanna be close to you - D’banj

Nwa Baby - Flavours

Rigirigi - Flavours

Maga Don Pay - Kelly Handsome

Additionally, Africa Independent Television (AIT) has banned Bigiano’s Shayo from being played on its airwaves.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/34334/81/

banning kelly's maga is understandable
but for the rest undecided undecided undecided undecided
i just wonder why
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by dominique(f): 6:30pm On May 10, 2009
so NBC is back to their crazy banning ways angry angry bunch of jobless mofus.
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by malcolmx: 7:42pm On May 10, 2009
Banning songs when they have sold million copies? songs that everyone on the streets can sing to? NBC is another example of a confused and disgruntled parastatal.Thank God they are not in charge of our power supply.
On the flipside, i think Dora Akunyili's hands must be in these bans especially in line with the Unbranding project.
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by LadyT(f): 7:45pm On May 10, 2009
Hilarious!

Stupid set of people
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by eldee(m): 8:01pm On May 10, 2009
First, they arrest women for provocative dressing (i.e wearing singlets in the hot Lagos sun)
Next they arrest bloggers for 'treason'
Now it's banning songs for 'vulgarity'

Is it me or is Nigeria becoming Iran??
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by mmaks: 3:03pm On May 13, 2009
that enter the place lyrics and video is not too cool but compared to that duncan mighty deserves to be banned many times over,but wetin wrong with the shayo song
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by Treetop20(m): 3:05pm On May 13, 2009
Nigerians can be daft
how does this help the economic situation?
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by patkelly(f): 7:59pm On May 14, 2009
eldee:

First, they arrest women for provocative dressing (i.e wearing singlets in the hot Lagos sun)
Next they arrest bloggers for 'treason'
Now it's banning songs for 'vulgarity'

the next thing they wud do is 2 arrest children that sings this song wink angry angry angry angry
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by las240s(m): 10:47pm On May 14, 2009
May be i was not quite attentive oo but what on earth culd be wrong with Duncan mighty dance for me for them to av added it to this list i dont mind if sm1 one can open my eyes
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by ekusman(m): 5:31am On May 15, 2009
guys i dont see anything really wrong with d banj suddenly, but tuface enter d place is not worth watching what is the message? kelly hansome deserves to be banned and even punished he is giving the international community more reasons to label nigerians as dubious people
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by Bassline: 11:16am On May 15, 2009
So the government hasn't got anything better to do than to ban music. There is nothing wrong with any of the records, if you pay them, they will un ban everything.
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by Omolola1(f): 12:28pm On May 15, 2009
Those songs ought to have been banned before the songs enjoyed air play

Now, that the artistes don make their money finish, they come ban am. yeye people
Re: List Of Naija Banned Songs; What's Your Take by Akpangbon: 12:35pm On May 15, 2009
You are all idiots and goats. Nothing done by the Nigerian govrnment and her agencies is ever good in your eyes, but if it is America or Europe, you wont even hear a word from them. What is wrong with you people on this forum? Do something, you say its not good enough, dont do anything, you say nothing is done, idiots.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flavour, Gordon To Headline African Music Concert In New York / Iyanya - Le Kwa Ukwu / A TobeNanaa, Nairalander's Single Trending On Twitter (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.