Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ - Rap Battles (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ (57444 Views)

A Message For All Emcee's On NL Battle Rap Section / ••RAP SECTION AWARDS 2015•• (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
Ibime:

Black Thought is better for sure.

Not sure about Common
Ahh. I consider Andre the better writer of the two. He's more versatile.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by JigsawKillah(m): 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
Andre is better than Common
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
Guys, please does anyone know any good app beside Format Factory that reduces the size of a song but still retains a reasonable quality.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by LemmeFuckYou(m): 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
gottoboy:
Meanwhile I dey somewhere around Obalende/Ikoyi, St. Gregoery, Corpus Christy thingy!

So happy to see Cardinal Anthony Okogie after so many years. Bless Jah
you say we get talk but i never hear anything from u
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
Krone I think there's a mistake with your thread and obainojazz..The body is different from the heading..
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by LemmeFuckYou(m): 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
gottoboy:

Lol, buddie I dey ooo, all mehn dey find greener pasture, I go soon travel out sef if Biafra parole click grin cheesy
this will be the last time i'll be quoting u on this same issue if u don't reply. U said we have business,am yet to see ur twitter handle.:/
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by LemmeFuckYou(m): 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
Emaprince:
Pls, whats really the fuss about Andre3000? I havent listened to that nigga a lot. Infact, sometimes, i wonder if he's a rapper or a singer. Recently, he made the billboards' top10 best rappers of all time. A lot nice mcs in US have at some point mentioned him as one of the best too.

Cc
Ibime
Kr0ne
Reyginus
That dude is fvcking dope! Some times i need to read his lyrics often and often to catch up with him. To me he's the higher version of Kendrick lamar.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by LemmeFuckYou(m): 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
kr0ne:

I was surprised to see him on the list too. His influence in the music industry probably got him there. Dude is a producer, a rapper, an actor, a singer, an instrumentalist - and he's into fashion too - but not much of a lyricist. He should have been on the 'Greatest rappers' list instead.
What's the difference btw greatest and best sir? (in rap)
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Iceskidd(m): 9:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
just incase you forgot Eminem killed Biggie on dead wrong tongue
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
Iceskidd:
just incase you forgot Eminem killed Biggie on dead wrong tongue
Lol. You mean Eminem the most overrated rapper in the history of rap?
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Iceskidd(m): 9:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
Reyginus:
yes. but what would you know? em in his prime is king
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Iceskidd(m): 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
oh and Chilla Jones vs JC is the GOAT battle
if you think otherwise then you mumu
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
Iceskidd:
yes. but what would you know? em in his prime is king
Lol. But he still takes my award though.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by tellwisdom: 12:41am On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
Lolololol

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Ibime(m): 12:58am On Nov 24, 2015
Phuck it. Yung Ill is the best battler out there.

Nigga battle like Big L meets Chris Tucker.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2015
Iceskidd:
Lol. This boy sef. It better be what you say these megabytes should not die for nothing.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Emaprince: 8:28am On Nov 24, 2015
Iceskidd:
link??

Ibime:
Phuck it. Yung Ill is the best battler out there.
Nigga battle like Big L meets Chris Tucker.
Dont know much about him. Only watched him vs clips. It wasnt an interesting battle IMO.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:

eminem is the greatest rapper of all time - not the most overrated.
if any rapper is overrated it's Tupac..

eminem deserves all the accolades he's getting

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 24, 2015
darkenedrebel:

eminem is the greatest rapper of all time - not the most overrated.
if any rapper is overrated it's Tupac..

eminem deserves all the accolades he's getting
Deserves what? You can't even compare Em to Pac except in the white world. Who did Eminem influence? And don't tell me about Average rappers like Yelawolf or average battle rappers like TalkSic. What did Eminem really do for rap music. Pac on the other hand is a Revolutionary. What are Eminem's topics? Rapping women, or murdering them or how the only woman in his life is Haile? Eminem is the most Overrated rapper Ever. Pac is a movement.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Iceskidd(m): 9:16am On Nov 24, 2015
Emaprince:
link??

Dont know much about him. Only watched him vs clips. It wasnt an interesting battle IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlqxqODLk8&itct=CCkQpDAYACITCN_UjoHPqMkCFVFyfgodeq0DeVIMY2hpbGxhIHZzIGpj&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Iceskidd(m): 9:17am On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
Lol. This boy sef. It better be what you say these megabytes should not die for nothing.
have you watched it?
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 24, 2015
Iceskidd:
have you watched it?
No. Hope it's really worth it?
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Iceskidd(m): 9:22am On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
No. Hope it's really worth it?
I'm very serious with this one. it's a straight classic I swear
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 24, 2015
Iceskidd:
I'm very serious with this one. it's a straight classic I swear
Okay na. Let me get my snaptube
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
deserves what? You can't even compare Em to Pac except in the white world

so what you are trying to say is that only Caucasians rate eminem? that's laughable..what of Dr.Dre, Rakim, Run D.M.C, Ice Cube, Wu-tang & many other old-heads that have all acclaimed em as one of the best to ever do this shït? ..aren't they blacks?
..you sound racist...

Reyginus:

who did Eminem influence? And don't tell me about Average rappers like Yelawolf or average battle rappers like TalkSic

Yelawolf is not an average rapper... wherever you got that idea from....as a matter of fact there are no average rappers in Shady records or Slaughter house ..

eminem has influenced a lot of döpe artistes..they gave him credit for that in some of their interviews & tracks e.g Kendrick Lamar, J.cole, MGK, B.o.B Tyler the creator,Hopsin Chance, King Los..etc
..in your opinion they are average rappers? I think not
even Charron one of the best freestylers in the world atm, & whom you even reckon is a sick emcee studied eminem ..
Bender, illmaculate, Bigg K etc..these are all ill white battle rappers & they all mentioned eminem as one of their influences...

Reyginus:

What did Eminem really do for rap music. Pac on the other hand is a Revolutionary

what you should be asking yourself is what did Tupac do for Rap that no one has done or is/was extremely preterhuman....
Tupac is only venerated because of his premature death which made him some sort of Hiphop martyr..I doubt he would have been talked about that much if he hadn't died...he's was more of an actor... No doubt he's one of Hip-hops G.O.A.T, but on the paper there's nothing really extraordinary about him...asides from rapping about police brutality & stuffs which blacks could easily relate to....he's even one-dimensional to me & his style is very basic...
I think Nas did more for rap music than Tupac

now back to your question....
eminem transcended rap into the ethereal realm...when his peers were busy doing 1/2 syllabic rhyming- he came storming in with 3/4/5 syllabic rhymes internal rhymes, near-rhymes etc..he raised the bar & upgraded lyricism completely..... I don't think you don't know how difficult it is do complex rhyming consistently whilst staying on the subject matter, & lacing it with beautiful metaphors & wordplays....listen to stay wide awake ...
it's safe to say that he single-handedly ended one of Hip-Hop’s laziest eras for lyrics upon his late 1990s arrival... self-deprecating, impassioned, and wildly imaginative, em worked his way up from the bottom of the ladder & built a name for himself in a culture dominated by blacks- that alone makes him a legend....

you still wanna know what eminem has done for rap?
eminem is one of the major reasons we have KOTD, URL, BET freestyle friday & co.
he popularised rap battling & made it a mainstream affair with his brilliant & superb acting/performance in 8 mile...
he brought rap battling to the big screen....
you still want more proof of his legendary status?

eminem touched all facets of Hip-Hop, from rap battling, to true school, to gangster Rap, & everything in between. arguably, em has the most innovative flow since the late 1980s, with the ability to rhyme fast[double/triple time], slow, & in between on the same track... like a percussion instrument, eminem's gift of gab employs syncopation & a pinball rhyme style to complement the elaborate content.
whereas Tupac gives you the same monotonous flow/delivery on every single track...

you still wanna know why he's G.O.A.T?
eminem can freestyle for days...his vocabulary pool is so colossal that he hardly repeats words when he's freeing...his freestyles sound so much like written material that it leaves both his fans & haters guessing....
Makavelli on the other hand couldn't freestyle to save his life ...

you still want proof?
what about album sales?

Reyginus:

What are Eminem's topics? Rapping women, or murdering them or how the only woman in his life is Haile? Eminem is the most Overrated rapper Ever. Pac is a movement.

Haille is eminem's daughter not his wife...

eminem is versatile...I don't know what you are talking about...he's not always rapping about gory ....i don't think you have listened to all his albums & fully understood eminem. he uses various alter egos to address different issues - you can see how spacious his window of creativity is ...

•eminem is the rapper[he was eminem in songs like Infinite etc]
•Marshall Mathers is the person who suffered,hustled & raps about real life happenings [ cleaning up my closet, stan headlights etc]
•while Slim Shady is the braggadocios blood-thirsty ornery serial-rapist bla bla bla [ Rap God Kim Love game etc..
•He's also Ken Kaniff[he appeared on several skits & snippets]

you don't have to like all his personas..that's why he gave the audience a list of personalities to choose from..
he didn't grow up as a drug-dealer or a gang-banger..so why should he rap about what he never experienced...

jay z only raps about his life as a hustler & on how many ice he rocks...does that make him horrible?
I don't know what you're talking about mister....because eminem raps on different topics & isn't one-dimensional as you said

eminem inspired a generation of better/complex writers...
he displayed more verbal gymnastics in his ShadyXV cypher than Pac did in his entire. career...& overall he is greater than 2pac

give honour to whom honour is due...

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 24, 2015
coogar...are you done settling the whole misunderstanding?
i see no reason why we can't battle this saturday or sunday...
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by ELYMAXiimus(m): 11:13am On Nov 24, 2015
We all have preferences, but overall, eminem is the best - he's the GOAT. Most of you guys aren't appreciating him (yet) because he's still alive. Most of the guys you guys mention are oldskul, and have failed to stand the test of time.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 24, 2015
grayline:

Sorry rebel..I'm just seeing this. U misspelled my name.. Na grayline..
.so when are we battling?
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Ibime(m): 11:42am On Nov 24, 2015
darkenedrebel:

eminem transcended rap into the ethereal realm...when his peers were busy doing 1/2 syllabic rhyming- he came storming in with 3/4/5 syllabic rhymes internal rhymes, near-rhymes etc..he raised the bar & upgraded lyricism completely.....

Wrong.

What were Big Pun, Big L, Jay Z and co doing before Eminem?

Monosyllables?
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 24, 2015
Ibime:

Wrong.

What were Big Pun, Big L and co doing before Eminem?

Monosyllables?

no....but majority of the rappers in that era were monosyllabic.. ... Rakim/Pun/L weren't monosyllabic but you can't compare the complexity & the quality of rhymes em brings to theirs ...there's a vast difference..
all I'm trying to say is that it was em that really raised the bar & went berseck in the aspect of rhyming especially...he didn't pioneer it but he went haywire with it....if you understand what i mean
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
darkenedrebel:

[quote author=darkenedrebel post=40349235]
& many other old-heads that have all acclaimed em as one of the best to ever do this shït? ..aren't they blacks?
..you sound racist...
Yeah. He's one of the best but not the best. You are right. I sound racist but that's you sound when you try to challenge racism. Only you argument can vouch for you. And I can't really find where I said he's not one of the best. In that light your submission above falls flat.

darkenedrebel:

Yelawolf is not an average rapper... wherever you got that idea from....as a matter of fact there are no average rappers in Shady records or Slaughter house ..

He's the complete average rapper. He's not wack and not super dope. He's just there.

darkenedrebel:

eminem has influenced a lot of döpe artistes..they gave him credit for that in some of their interviews & tracks e.g Kendrick Lamar, J.cole, MGK, B.o.B Tyler the creator,Hopsin Chance, King Los..etc
..in your opinion they are average rappers? I think not
even Charron one of the best freestylers in the world atm, & whom you even reckon is a sick emcee studied eminem ..
Bender, illmaculate, Bigg K etc..these are all ill white battle rappers & they all mentioned eminem as one of their influences...

Nobody is arguing about his influence in rap but let's take for a second your argument and see if it holds any water. K.Dot, Cole, Los, Bigg K, Illmaculate, Bender, BOB, Tyler, Hopsin, MGK and Charron. You see before we claim a person really influenced you we must be able to show traces of similarity in both the person's work and yours. Eminem didn't create any form of writing. Rakim and Eric B has been using polysyllabic rhymes before Eminem even though of Writing a single verse. His message too is another factor. Then the theatrics is another thing that may be of influence. The only person in your list who resembles a product of Eminem is Hopsin and MGK. There's no relationship between his style of music and Los's, K.dots, Tyler or even Charron. And before you tell me Charron gave him props on Westwood don't forget he also gave K.dot a bigger one. That's not influence. That's respect.

darkenedrebel:

what you should be asking yourself is what did Tupac do for Rap that no one has done or is/was extremely preterhuman....
Tupac is only venerated because of his premature death which made him some sort of Hiphop martyr..I doubt he would have been talked about that much if he hadn't died...he's was more of an actor... No doubt he's one of Hip-hops G.O.A.T, but on the paper there's nothing really extraordinary about him...asides from rapping about police brutality & stuffs which blacks could easily relate to....he's even one-dimensional to me & his style is very basic...
I think Nas did more for rap music than Tupac
No. Tupac is not venerated because of his premature death but his legacy. If Eminem dies today I don't what song if his that will still be played in a similar way Changes and Dear Mama are still being played. Eminem sings for the moment Pac's songs are for a lifetime. There's nothing extraordinary Eminem has done. Pac challenged every idea under the earth but Eminem challenges women and upheld murder. Being lyrically more technical doesn't make you a better rapper. Being better goes beyond the lyrics to their impact on the society at large. Pac in his time was like a messenger of the gods pursuing a cause for which both mankind and the rap world will forever live to venerate.

darkenedrebel:

now back to your question....
eminem transcended rap into the ethereal realm...when his peers were busy doing 1/2 syllabic rhyming- he came storming in with 3/4/5 syllabic rhymes internal rhymes, near-rhymes etc..he raised the bar & upgraded lyricism completely..... I don't think you don't know how difficult it is do complex rhyming consistently whilst staying on the subject matter, & lacing it with beautiful metaphors & wordplays....listen to stay wide awake ...
Lolol. You mean his wack peers were doing one two syllables. Maybe somebody like Ludacris was doing one two before he encountered Em and changed. You need to listen to rap. From every decade since it began to now. Rakim is the father of rhymes. The Revolutionary. The godfather of polysyllabic rhyming. Listen to rap.

darkenedrebel:

it's safe to say that he single-handedly ended one of Hip-Hop’s laziest eras for lyrics upon his late 1990s arrival... self-deprecating, impassioned, and wildly imaginative, em worked his way up from the bottom of the ladder & built a name for himself in a culture dominated by blacks- that alone makes him a legend....

Lolololol. He's a legend yes but not the greatest. Being the greatest encompasses all and not just a single criteria. Nobody can point at one thing rappers where not doing with music that eminem did. Or what they were doing with rap that he changed forever. Nothing. Just the media hype. Maybe in ten years from now, as it's already being claimed by some western journalist, Logic will be better than Kendrick Lamar.

darkenedrebel:

you still wanna know what eminem has done for rap?
eminem is one of the major reasons we have KOTD, URL, BET freestyle friday & co.
he popularised rap battling & made it a mainstream affair with his brilliant & superb acting/performance in 8 mile...
he brought rap battling to the big screen....
you still want more proof of his legendary status?
Stop it! Stop it please. What sort of thing is this? Do you even know rap started? Jesus Christ! Please don't say it again.

darkenedrebel:

eminem touched all facets of Hip-Hop, from rap battling, to true school, to gangster Rap, & everything in between. arguably, em has the most innovative flow since the late 1980s, with the ability to rhyme fast[double/triple time], slow, & in between on the same track... like a percussion instrument, eminem's gift of gab employs syncopation & a pinball rhyme style to complement the elaborate content.
This one is nothing. Even Twisted Insane can do better. This is no basis for greatness. In my rapping days I was three times faster than Eminem. That doesn't make anyone great.

darkenedrebel:

whereas Tupac gives you the same monotonous flow/delivery on every single track...

Yeah. Having better flow too is not enough.

darkenedrebel:

you still wanna know why he's G.O.A.T?
eminem can freestyle for days...his vocabulary pool is so colossal that he hardly repeats words when he's freeing...his freestyles sound so much like written material that it leaves both his fans & haters guessing....
Makavelli on the other hand couldn't freestyle to save his life ...

This one is nothing. Eminem is not even in my top five best freestyle rappers in the world. A lot of rappers can freestyle for days. Chidy Banks could have been one of the greatest if that's a criteria. Somebody freestyles on Tim Westwood he becomes the best freestyle rapper in the world. But then, you say he can freestyle for days. Have you seen him do it?

darkenedrebel:

Haille is eminem's daughter not his wife...

Of course I know the difference between Kim and Haile. He wants Kim dead but would Haile to live forever.

darkenedrebel:

eminem is versatile...I don't know what you are talking about...he's not always rapping about gory ....i don't think you have listened to all his albums & fully understood eminem. he uses various alter egos to address different issues - you can see how spacious his window of creativity is ...

This one is not true. I have ALL his Albums. I mean All. The same with Pac. Eminem is joyless the same thing with Budden and Slaughterhouse. You can't really point at two eminem love songs where he rapped completely about love. It all ends like Space Bound. And besides he's less intelligent so don't expect him to be more versatile.
darkenedrebel:

•eminem is the rapper[he was eminem in songs like Infinite etc]
•Marshall Mathers is the person who suffered,hustled & raps about real life happenings [ cleaning up my closet, stan headlights etc]
•while Slim Shady is the braggadocios blood-thirsty ornery serial-rapist bla bla bla [ Rap God Kim Love game etc..
•He's also Ken Kaniff[he appeared on several skits & snippets]
They are all the same thing. Marshall, Shady and Em all hate love so much. I mean so much.

darkenedrebel:

you don't have to like all his personas..that's why he gave the audience a list of personalities to choose from..
he didn't grow up as a drug-dealer or a gang-banger..so why should he rap about what he never experienced...

jay z only raps about his life as a hustler & on how many ice he rocks...does that make him horrible?
I don't know what you're talking about mister....because eminem raps on different topics & isn't one-dimensional as you said

What really are this topic besides braggadocio and women? Is it politics? Religion? Science? Art? He's not that smart. He's only clever with the words. If you split Pac or even Ab-Soul's intelligence in three parts, a part is three times better than Em's multiplied by three.

darkenedrebel:

eminem inspired a generation of better/complex writers...
he displayed more verbal gymnastics in his ShadyXV cypher than Pac did in his entire. career...& overall he is greater than 2pac

give honour to whom honour is due...

Lol. That's the problem. Being the better lyrically doesn't make you the greatest. Not at all.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:
We all have preferences, but overall, eminem is the best - he's the GOAT. Most of you guys aren't appreciating him (yet) because he's still alive. Most of the guys you guys mention are oldskul, and have failed to stand the test of time.
Ely it's just hype. Just sit down and think about it. I used to think so but then I had to think it through. What does it really mean to be the greatest?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (35) (Reply)

" The Freestyle Lounge" / M.i's Comment On Vector's 2hours 30minutes Freestyle Fury / 8 Bars/16lines Diss Beef Anybody

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70