Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Pet So Skinny - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pet So Skinny (2409 Views)

Bobby Saxy Rules Pet Section Of Nairaland...if U Blive Drop Ur Comments / Get A Pet Store Website Were Visitors Can Shop Online / Send Wishes To Somebody In Pet Section In This Yelutide Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pet So Skinny by tesslove(f): 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
gud day all, am new here I read all comment and love the way people share their thought I adopted 2puppies their breed are rottwellier/alsatian male rottwellier/caucasian
female at8weeks and feeds them rice, indomie with fresh eggs now they are 9weeks old I feed them pedigree mix with rice and indomie but theylook skinny what can I do I would love them to be fat.
Re: Pet So Skinny by tesslove(f): 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
I need ur advice
Re: Pet So Skinny by xana101: 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
PIX FIRST
Re: Pet So Skinny by leksmedia: 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
The first one month after adoption in a dogs life is very important , when I got mine , the first one week was strictly milk and meat and the feeding must be done 4 times daily first at 8am second at 12pm third at 5 and the 4th around 8pm ,. Make sure there is clean water too.

Back then my GSD finishes a full milk in 1 weeks

Funny enough I dnt even give her multivitamins. But I give her enough protein(fish and meat)

U can start with milk and raw egg, then meat and dry food for the next 2 weeks and see the effect
Re: Pet So Skinny by olisafincy(m): 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
pix biko
Re: Pet So Skinny by Damilare5882(m): 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
Picture !!!!
Re: Pet So Skinny by ENIGMA24(m): 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2015
Picture or gerrarrahere angry
Re: Pet So Skinny by tesslove(f): 10:00am On Oct 21, 2015
these are the pics

Re: Pet So Skinny by tesslove(f): 10:05am On Oct 21, 2015
sorry that was a mistake these are the pics.

Re: Pet So Skinny by tesslove(f): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2015
@leksmedia what kind of milk
Re: Pet So Skinny by leksmedia: 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2015
Baby food or normal milk , then lots of meat or fish
tesslove:
@leksmedia what kind of milk
Re: Pet So Skinny by tesslove(f): 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
thanks
Re: Pet So Skinny by Leo987: 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
Pls do not give your dog normal milk because most dogs experience acute intestinal distress — like gas, diarrhea or vomiting. This is because most dogs suffer from lactose intolerance. Get a good formulated puppy milk instead from your vet or pet shop and offer as an additional meal ( making 4 main meals and 1 milk meal)

Furthermore you should use a higher percentage of quality ingredients ( 60-70% meat/bones/fish, 30-40% vegetables and fruits) that provide your dog with the nutrition he needs. Rice/indomie is a filler that steal some of the calories your dog needs just to fuel the extra work the digestive system has to go through to break those fillers down.
Re: Pet So Skinny by turok: 12:03am On Oct 22, 2015
I gave mine normal milk and the dog have been vomiting for 2 days now. How can I stop the vomiting?
Re: Pet So Skinny by Leo987: 5:20am On Oct 22, 2015
turok:
I gave mine normal milk and the dog have been vomiting for 2 days now. How can I stop the vomiting?

Stop giving him his normal food and give him kind of diet ... cook rice until it is very soft and mix it with chicken meat (no bone/skin). Do this for two, three days and before adding another ingredient to his food again...offer him a lot of water to prevent dehydration and maybe let him lick one spoon of natural honey if you feel he is weak.

Pls monitor your dog closely. If you are not seeing any improvement after one or two days of feeding diet pls see a vet.

1 Like

Re: Pet So Skinny by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 22, 2015
Hello Bro,
You said you gave it milk and it has been vomiting for two days, we'll, can I ask some questions

Have u vaccinated ND deformed the dog?
If dewormed, a dog that has not been taking milk, takes it for the first time in this acute condition is prone to vomit, likely a puppy, so, in this case I will advice you to buy peak sachet milk, about 3 or 4 sachets, then buy raw eggs, mix the raw egg and the milk together, stir it well, then feed your puppy, it should help, at least twice in a day, besides, then towards evening buy heads of fish ND boil without any ingredient, it also helps with little raw meat, not really raw, but partially cooked. Within a week, you won't recognize your puppy anymore
And above all, consult a vet.
Re: Pet So Skinny by 123papas(m): 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Go and sell the pups at Ilaje where they will be used a fishing baits. Local dog mixed, remixed, merixed with mixed breed. Charge the seller to court ASAP for scamming.
Re: Pet So Skinny by TheHeGoat: 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
These are local bingos. They'll never grow fat no matter how hard you try. I suggest you sell them off cheaply and buy nice goats
Re: Pet So Skinny by tesslove(f): 6:31am On Oct 24, 2015
thanks oooh
Re: Pet So Skinny by tesslove(f): 6:36am On Oct 24, 2015
just dont know were to start from, getting a dog na nawahala oooh I took my pups for vaccinations the breeders saw them and said they are growing well. can u imagine
Re: Pet So Skinny by tesslove(f): 7:50am On Oct 29, 2015
hello nairalanders how do u clean ur dogs teeth and howdo u cut a dog nails cos my dogs nails are so sharp
Re: Pet So Skinny by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 29, 2015
Use a nail cutter
Re: Pet So Skinny by tesslove(f): 11:18am On Mar 23, 2017
I lost my dog's to chemical I used for fumigation they are all gone, after all my struggle there is God ooh
Re: Pet So Skinny by rumenase(m): 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2017
doh

(1) (Reply)

The Big Boy And I / Pedigree Adult Female French Mastiff Available For Sale.... / Samoyed/eskimo Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.