Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,594 members, 7,770,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:38 AM

Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard (41641 Views)

Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) / Olisa Metuh Having Dinner With His Family At Home After His Release / Dokpesi: PDP Youths Protest In Front Of High Court Abuja, Demand His Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by Noneroone(m): 3:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
By Festus Ahon & Ochuko Akuopha
ASABA-PROTESTERS, Tuesday, stormed the entrance of Delta State Government House, Asaba condemning the arrest and detention of the Director of Radio Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

Gathered under the aegis of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Delta State chapter, the protesters, mainly women, demanded the immediate release of Kanu, describing his arrest as uncalled for and totally unacceptable.

[img]http://cdn2.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/412x275ximage8-e1445348363823.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.bPnGu5fvXx.webp[/img]
The Indigenous People of Biafra on a Peaceful Protest over the Arrest of the Director of Radio Biafra Tuesdaay along Ikwerre road in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Photo: Nwankpa Chijioke

Chanting songs of grievances and displaying placards which bore various inscriptions such as “Freedom for Biafra, free Nnamdi Kanu”, “We are not terrorists, we are freedom fighters”, “We are tired of intimidation and harassment by Nigeria Government”, “Biafra on the move” amongst others, the protesters said they were no longer comfortable with the Nigerian government.
Speaking during the protest, Secretary of IPOB, Delta State chapter Nnenna Nwaoha, said: “The reason for the protest is for Nnamdi Kanu to be released; we have suffered enough in the hands of the Nigerian Government and we are no more comfortable with it.

“We want our freedom that is why we are here. We are not comfortable with the Nigerian government, the intimidation, killing and all that; that is why we want our freedom. We feel very bad about his detention and it is affecting each and every one of us. We are not comfortable, we want to go.

“The federal government should release our Director, Dr. Nnamdi Kanu and we also want our freedom. As a nation that is due for freedom, we want to go; we are tired; the suffering is too much; it is not a crime to want our freedom; we want to go.”

Also speaking, Chineye Udeoba expressed bitterness at the detention of Kanu, saying “we are bitter and we are giving them a strict warning and order to release him.

“We are not Nigerians, we are Biafrans. My father is seventy-two years old and he is older than Nigeria. He is a Biafrian, I am a Biafran and we all here are Biafrans. We the indigenous people of Biafra are ready to go. We want to be on our own.

“The British came and amalgamated us with these Oduduwa and Arewa people, we are not one; we were never one, we are totally different in terms of tradition; we are Biafrans. We want to be on our own as indigenous people of Biafra. We want our freedom.

On her part, Mrs. Judith Ihebiehi said: “This man is our voice, he is our mentor. We have been in darkness all these while, so this man has been speaking for us, so the Nigerian government has no right to detain him; he has done nothing.

“Have they ever asked themselves if what this man has been saying is false? Have they bothered to verify what Nnamdi Kanu has been saying? So detaining Nnamdi Kanu will bring problems; we have been calming our husbands down, we have been saying ‘wait’ we women will go to the government, we will talk to them and say this is what we want; we don’t want problem that is why we are here.

“Our reason of coming here is to tell the Governor Ifeanyi Okowa to help us take our message to the federal government. He is not the one detaining him but we are here to tell him to take it to Abuja.” The protesters were however, denied entry into the Government House by police officers

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/women-protest-kanus-arrest-demand-his-release/

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by benedictnsi(m): 3:07pm On Oct 20, 2015
Can't protest for what I don't support.........
#sips_hydrogen_peroxide

20 Likes

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by hamzakito(m): 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
ok.... this arrest will make this guy to be popular... and he might even contest for political post 2019

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by LastSurvivor: 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
They said igbos are the problem of Nigeria and the problem of whole world but always afraid to hear them talk about secession.. who is deceiving who?

It can only take time but Biafra must stand someday..

167 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
Protest without pictures? undecided
This journalist d'y learn work.

Modified: it's getting hotter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by trapQ: 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
why are they worsening global warming?? if they wanna protest, first step is close down all their businesses in any other state other than theSE states, stop using Nairaland (since its owned by a yoruba), and better still move to the east and stay The Fvck there.

149 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by naijapips02: 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
it's alarming the level of brainwashing That's been undertaken.
Asapula ha ishi awor.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by kossyablaze(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2015
“We are not terrorists, we are freedom fighters”, “We are tired of intimidation and harassment by Nigeria Government”....... We shall overcome

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by RealSleek(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2015
protest ke??...I been think say we dey go war before...dis people fall my hand

18 Likes

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by kossyablaze(m): 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
trapQ:
why are they worsening global warming?? if they wanna protest, first step is close down all their businesses in any other state other than theSE states, stop using Nairaland (since its owned by a yoruba), and better still move to the east and stay The Fvck there.
See as u dey think...oya na stop playing p square songs.... Lame ass dimwit bigot asshole lowlife modafuka. Awon omo ale jatijati. U r a waste. Ur daddy should av pulled out. Ewu. Ezi ofia. Nkita lacha kwa gi anya there. I am a man of integrity buh wen u cross my line, u r finished. Animal. Itz peeps like u makes Nigeria a zoo cuz of the level of your thinking faculty. Adaka.

170 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
trapQ:

Even people from other countries have businesses in Nigeria so there's nothing bad from people of a break away country from having business in their erstwhile country.

Dumb people should be restricted from mature forum like Nairaland.

164 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by raumdeuter: 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
Why peaceful protest? Would Kanu support such?

What of the weapons Kanu has amassed for them.

They should bring it out and force his release

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by moderation2020: 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
trapQ:

u just exposed ur a stack illiterate, go start a job like farming

78 Likes

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by MATAY(m): 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
ok now let the riot continue
Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by nel76(m): 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2015
Largas:
Protest without pictures? undecided
This journalist d'y learn work.

37 Likes

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by alaoeri: 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
I thought by now there would have been an uneasy calm in the whole of SE, mere peaceful protest despite all the chests beating, where are the guns, bombs & other ammunitions? undecided the sensible ones are even hawking amidst the protest. cheesy

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by trapQ: 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
get the Fvck outta my mentions. broke fool. get a life. Nigeria can't wait to be rid of y'all
moderation2020:

u just exposed ur a stack illiterate, go start a job like farming

24 Likes

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by Burger01(m): 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
smiley
Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by deebsman1(m): 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
IMHO, if the ibos want to go, let them go....Shebi they belief they will lord over ND oil nii, let them go and let's wait and see.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by ebengems(m): 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
This people wants to be separated, i hope their freedom would be granted so that there would be absolute peace in the country, only if boko haram will be sent to extinct as well. God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria and grant Biafra her freedom without blood shed.

This is a one time opportunity, take action now or miss out! Order your AutoCAD complete video tutorial today from konga store at 50% discount.
This offer will expire in five (5) days. check my signature and profile picture for link addresss, contact and more info

19 Likes

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by loomer: 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
The time I dey worry myself about nigeria don pass.
My new name now na "sit down look"

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by dammytosh: 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
Protest or bomb ?

Why the peaceful protest when we promised fire and brimstone

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by Jaideyone(m): 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
bunch of clowns!!! no one should threaten the peace of this country. you can only get Biafra peacefully. if you try the nnamdi kanu way you get arrested. I'm sure the chief clown will learn his lesson before he's released

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by admax(m): 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu is the new Ojukwu shey? They called him their 'mentor' and 'someone who has shown them light in darkness', i wonder how they will describe Jesus Christ since most of them are Christians.

People are really jobless mehn and i blame the Governments for not creating the enabling environments so most people can be more engaged in earning income for their Families.

They think seccession is the solution? i laugh grin

20 Likes

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by bugzbunny: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
alaoeri:
I thought by now there would have been an uneasy calm in the whole of SE, mere peaceful protest despite all the chests beating, where are the guns, bombs & other ammunitions? undecided the sensible ones are even hawking amidst the protest. cheesy
I tot by now.. U would learn to mind ur biz.. Thread no concern u

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by ihatebuhari(f): 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
undecided
Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by trapQ: 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
you're the dumb one here. I never spoke against foreign investors. I only emphasized on biafrans. everyday they insult the yoruba/hausa/fulani. what are they doing in other people's lands when they clearly detest them??

when you openly spread hatred for another tribe or race its only normal that you desist from encroaching their lands.
Largas:

Even people from other countries have businesses in Nigeria so there's nothing bad from people of a break away country from having business in their erstwhile country.

Dumb people should be restricted from mature forum like Nairaland.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by ziccoit: 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
What is the problem of vanguard with Biafra? In other word, Kanu is warming up to contest his state gubernatorial election come 20whatever under the ticket of ipob movement turned political party- the gullible association of Biafra agitators (GABA).

11 Likes

Re: Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard by naijainfogalery: 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
I think for once in our life time we should run a vote between Nigerians where each person can vote to whether Nigerian should break or stay. And if the result seems we should separate then so be it .

29 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC: The Intrigues That Swallowed Buhari’s Secret Candidate / Charly Boy Meets Peter Obi, Femi Kuti For 'Nigerian Youth Decide' To Hold In FCT / Gov Fayose & Buruji Kashamu Spotted Having Lunch In A Restaurant [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.