Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com (42570 Views)

Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) / I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official / Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by eyeview: 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
The Anglican Bishop of Owerri, Bishop Cyril C. Okorocha rejected Governor Rochas Okorocha donation of N200,000 to the church at the diocesan synod of the Anglican Communion which held at St John’s Anglican Church, New Owerri.

Bishop Cyril Okorocha went on to lambast Governor Okorocha for inflicting sufferings on the people of Imo State through non-payment of their salaries and his “inhuman policies”.

Governor Okorocha, who was represented at the Synod by one Obinna Aharanwa gave a donation of N200,000 Naira to support the church’s development but the Bishop rejected the Governor’s donation on the ground that he would not want the church to share in the blame for the non-payment of salaries and other financial troubles facing the State.

The Bishop said: “Please take your money and return it to the government. If l take this money, lmo people will say that l have collected their pension money and worker’s salary. Go and pay pensioners and workers. I won’t touch this money.

“We want Governor Rochas Okorocha to publish his stewardship and show us what he is doing with lmo money. We need explanations”, Bishop Okorocha concluded.

Embarrassed, the governor’s representative, Mr Obinna, stormed out of the venue enraged by the Bishop’s comment.

http://www.opinionriver.com/i-dont-want-your-money-owerri-bishop-rejects-governor-rochas-okorocha-donation-to-church/

145 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by TheMainMan: 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
.. Nice one.. I hope those pastor-bashers see this now..

Meanwhile..

64 Likes

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by barthchuks(m): 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2015
heheheh

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
Good one

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by dialfa: 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2015
Okorocha and Okorocha

23 Likes

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by jamace(m): 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2015

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by jamace(m): 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2015

19 Likes

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by meimoks(f): 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
If this is true then it's serves the governor right, Nigeria needs more of this type of bishop

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
Front page please

1 Like

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by marv1: 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2015
Okorocha rejects okorocha's money. Hypocritical governor.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by kestolove95(m): 7:50pm On Oct 20, 2015
Make oritsajefor or adeboye no see dat moni o

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by divinehand2003(m): 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
Good
More of these please
Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by ODUBEZE: 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2015
I hope other clergies emulate from this bishop.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by Monzuur(m): 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
I'm a year older today all thanks to almighty Allah for keeping me for a good reasons till this moment,not forgetting my papa dat dropped me as a #sperm without using protection nor #withdrawal method thank you sir,My mama for enduring to carry me in her womb for 9months thank you ma,God u are so wonderful for protecting me in her womb,Allihamdulilahi.... My mama thanks for all the care since I was born till this moment even though I'm nw a Man she still cares......The good and bad friends I've met in this journey of life I appreciate u too for teaching me some lessons d experiences I've acquired from u are numerous thanks to u all......All my teachers and lecturers u're so wonderful coz if not for u I won't know how to write this article thanks sir/ma........How many likes for me abeg.....show some love

10 Likes

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by Lanretoye(m): 8:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
cyril okorocha and rochas okorocha...seem like a family affair.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by Bokman: 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2015
This Okorocha dey use Jazz,if una serious with Biafra, Start with this man then the world will take you serious or else, its noise as usual...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by Juchii(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
Honestly, he rejected money because it is too small. The news is too good to be the actual thing that happend. This is naija, shine ur eyes

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
Thank you jare. U go live long and ur lineage go enjoy u.

That fool of a governor shld go and pay his workers .

But em...you too, pastor, u sure say if ma 200million, you go reject am? If you try, your diocese shall disown you

12 Likes

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by kayusely: 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
dialfa:
Okorocha and Okorocha
Okorocha vs Okorocha roforofo fight in Owerri
Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by ArodeTsolaye: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
A real Okorocha vs Okoroawusa. lol

lalasticlala, Afam4eva, abeg this deserves FP. This will teach those glutton pastor-preneurs how to behave.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2015
Wise pastor....Since you stopped paying salary Pastor no get tithes(egunje) again . Go n pay salary. How much is 200k, when u pay salary, pastor will receive more than that in form of tithes

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by PastorandMentor(m): 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2015
Shut up.If you don't repect their office, please respect their age...Adeboye no be your kid brother ooo. Kid girl like...run along
kestolove95:
Make oritsajefor or adeboye no see dat moni o

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by saintopus(m): 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
Juchii:
Honestly, he rejected money because it is too small. The news is too good to be the actual thing that happend. This is naija, shine ur eyes

Yet we believed when PEJ gave father Mbaka and other pastors $20B.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by DICKtator: 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by Bonapart(m): 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by CR77(f): 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
he's owning Imo workers... Yeye man Okorocha Hausa cool cool

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by gokay11(m): 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
We still have people of integrity in our dear country

9 Likes

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by KingsleyCEO: 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
it must be a movie. not even a Nigerian movie

1 Like

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by Sijo01(f): 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
...and he's owning Imo workers. Yeye man.
Oga Bishop, who invited the governor to the service or whatever ceremony the church was holding?

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by okooloyun1(m): 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
omo see forming but this apc guys are bunch of liars .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Rejects Okorocha's Donation: "I Don't Want Your Money!" -Opinionriver.com by Etizz: 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
Really? Wow..... I luv his reason for rejecting the money.....

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ajimobi & Ganduje Celebrate Their Children's Wedding With A Match / Boko Haram Captures Military Items From Soldiers In Borno - Terror Monitor (Pics / Kano’s Votes Alone Were More Than What The Entire South-West Gave Buhari - Waku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.