Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,029 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project (42413 Views)

Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway / Buhari Flags Off Highway Project In Cross River / Aisha Buhari Launches Sickle Cell Awareness In Abuja, Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by ZYZZA: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
Please start and finish o, no half way work like ameachi project and no turning back lie your promises

#IHATEAPC
#SCAMOFALLTIME

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by osazeeblue01: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
Same words we have be hearing.
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by OboloMAN: 10:57pm On Oct 20, 2015
State or Federal government project?
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Senjuchiha: 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
Al hail ben10
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
wonders shall never end...
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Ofodirinwa: 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
divinehand2003:
The king has spoken, and he has spoken well with all epitome of credibility.
Sai Buhari

...Nigerians are pathetic..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by onatisi(m): 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
iconaus:
Baba go slow will do this very fast because it is a road that connects to the north through which the north will use to Invade the South South quickly
grin grin grin if you say u no go laugh that means u never read nairaland ..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by onatisi(m): 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
OboloMAN:
State or Federal government project?
it is a state project in partnership with private investors

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Halaz(m): 11:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
d man dey strong ooo...
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by FILEBE(m): 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
PapaBrowne:
I like the Cross River guy. He is a visioneer and wise beyond measure. He went all out to get Buhari to commission, not because of the road itself but because if the seaport must fly, the Feds must first approve.

And more importantly, I like the picture. In this picture is a PDP Governor and an APC President.

Against all odds, they have shelved partisanship and upheld development.

Many APC fellas would hate this picture or would start dreaming that Ayade would decamp to APC.
MANY PDP fellas would also wonder why one of their best materials is associating brazenly with Buhari.

Well truth is, true development minded fellas understand that getting all the collaboration you need would serve your best interests.

Once again, big kudos to the Ben Ayade, the CRS Governor. A truly digital road. I'm impressed. Cross River always produces woulderful governors. Remember Donald Duke??

Nice one! We have decided to let "parties" create divisions and enemities amongst us. Fortunately or unfortunately,nigeria is a "hundred" party system. You must be under a party to be voted for. Our politicians should know that being in different parties doesn't make you enemies of each other, they are elected by the people for the people! Once u get the post forget wether na umbrella u carry come or na broom sweep you come. JUST DO YOUR BLEEDING JOB RIGHT!

Nice one PMB and Ayade. Show them say u guys are for frigin nobody. One luv ma piple.
Peace out!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by tpiander: 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
yay

op, what's the route?
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by emmatok(m): 11:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
The governor is very smart, building a seaport and linking it with an Highway to the north is good for business.

Most Northern business owners will want these to happen fast.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by BigBashiru: 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
they r always launching but never completing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by philips70(m): 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
Where are the wailers who said they are wailing for a better Nigeria? Are they avoiding a laudable project by their party man because the lovable president went to kick it off? Where is barcanista? Come and thank and congratulate the president for putting Nigeria first before party, no be only curse una go sabi.
It's very significant that he's not even there for commissioning of a project but ground breaking. Very commendable.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
searching4love:
prettythicksme
Yes cheesy
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by harry509: 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
awoyam1:
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/10/20/buhari-launches-260km-super-highway-project-pledges-speedy-completion

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday launched the 260-kilometre Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway road project at Obung, Cross River.

The President expressed the hope that the road would create a new vista of business opportunities for Cross River and the nation at large while launching the project.

Buhari commended Governor Ben Ayade for his vision and foresight in conceptualising the project.

“So, I must at this juncture commend the state governor, Sen. Ben Ayade and his team for their foresight in conceptualising this project.

“Given the multiplier effect these two laudable projects are expected to generate, in terms of aggregate spinoffs, I want to assure you of my determination and as well as the commitment of the Federal Government to ensuring that this road and indeed the seaport runs to a quick completion.

“Let me commend our young Governor, Professor Ben Ayade who globe-trotted to get these core foreign investors to invest in these huge projects.”

According to the president, the road which will link south-south and northern parts of the country, when completed, will also ensure a reduction in travel time and man-hour.

He said that the project was a significant milestone in the economic transformation agenda of the state.

Buhari, who was forced to abandon his official Chopper and embarked on road journey to the venue of the event due to heavy rain, pledged to be back in due course for the inauguration of the project.

“I feel the warmth of your embrace and the passion in your gaze.

“The future of Cross River State is certain.

“I am one with you on this. I promise to come back to commission (inaugurate) this road upon completion and that is very soon too.’’

In his remarks, Ayade said apart from the road project, the state would also be constructing a deep sea port in Bakassi.

According to him, the two projects will be executed through the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) .

He said the idea behind the projects rooted back to when the state lost its oil wells to Akwa Ibom upon the loss of Bakassi.

“The theological kinetics of this road started with the loss of our oil wells consequent upon the loss of Bakassi, therefore the state was reduced to wants in body and spirit.

“It became imperative that we reconstruct a new means of production; we need to open the horizon to get teeming young people employed.

“It is against such background as I sought to leave this state it became very clear and evident that we must construct new means of production.

“Within the limit of our resources, the projects would have been impossible but because we know that you are the President of all, we know that once we dream, it is his duty to make the dream a reality that is why we dreamt that we need to construct a deep seaport.

“As soon as I sent a letter to you on the Bakassi seaport, it took less than one day in your office and it was minuted out.”

On the 260km super highway, Ayade stated that it would serve as an evacuation corridor from the seaport.

“It will have a track of 14metres and a key wall of 680 metres that will allow for vessels from outside and every other vessel to berth.

“It will, therefore, provide an evacuation corridor for vessels, material and equipment lying in Calabar uniformly, effortlessly to Northern Nigeria.”

According to the governor, the existing federal road will require up to five to six hours to get to Benue State from Calabar but with the construction of this super highway, only one hour, 30 minutes will be spent.

“What is special about this super highway? It is that we have internet connectivity all through the highway, a photographic solar system with a satellite antenna.

“Mr president, it is also going to be the first to have anti-sleep bumps on the highway.

“It is also going to be the first to have speed cameras. It is also going to be the first to have ambulatory services.

“Mr President, this road is a digital road, designed for the 21st century.’’

The governor expressed optimism that the road would be completed in the next four to five years.

“We envisioned that this road will be done in the next four to five years.

“We also have people who have collaborated and partnered with us.

“ They include an Israeli-British firm, the broad spectrum that had provided 500 million euros.

“We also have Heritage, Skye and Zenith banks.

“We know that with the support Mr. President has given to us, the project will be a reality.’’
I knew dat BABA is vry serious and focused, dats y I voted 4 him

Sai-buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
prettythicksme:
Yes cheesy
konji dey cash me. rain dey fall here
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 20, 2015
searching4love:

Wetin concern me? grin
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Emmy4Naija: 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
“The theological kinetics of this road started with the loss of our oil wells consequent upon the loss of Bakassi, therefore the state was reduced to wants in body and spirit.

“It became imperative that we reconstruct a new means of production; we need to open the horizon to get teeming young people employed"

So the loss of oil wells and the revenue made the Governor to be come creative and think out of the box. I believe other governors saw what I sawwwwwww oh. God Help Our leaders to think we'll.
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
prettythicksme:
Wetin concern me? grin

so i no go Bleep
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
searching4love:

so i no go Bleep
U no get wall for house?
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by duality(m): 11:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
The road shouldn't be heading north. Rather , we should be having a mega- ring -road that cuts across the region/ geopolitical zone. while a modern rail can go to the so called katsina-ala.

we need to live these boko haram people to really bomb themselves because of politics of hate. You think any of the northern governors would have looked at a road heading south? No.

This road needs a re-design.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Emekamex(m): 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2015
searching4love:

I thought you don't do Nigerian girls?
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by AkwaIbomrep1: 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2015
awoyam1:
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/10/20/buhari-launches-260km-super-highway-project-pledges-speedy-completion

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday launched the 260-kilometre Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway road project at Obung, Cross River.

The President expressed the hope that the road would create a new vista of business opportunities for Cross River and the nation at large while launching the project.

Buhari commended Governor Ben Ayade for his vision and foresight in conceptualising the project.

“So, I must at this juncture commend the state governor, Sen. Ben Ayade and his team for their foresight in conceptualising this project.

“Given the multiplier effect these two laudable projects are expected to generate, in terms of aggregate spinoffs, I want to assure you of my determination and as well as the commitment of the Federal Government to ensuring that this road and indeed the seaport runs to a quick completion.

“Let me commend our young Governor, Professor Ben Ayade who globe-trotted to get these core foreign investors to invest in these huge projects.”

According to the president, the road which will link south-south and northern parts of the country, when completed, will also ensure a reduction in travel time and man-hour.

He said that the project was a significant milestone in the economic transformation agenda of the state.

Buhari, who was forced to abandon his official Chopper and embarked on road journey to the venue of the event due to heavy rain, pledged to be back in due course for the inauguration of the project.

“I feel the warmth of your embrace and the passion in your gaze.

“The future of Cross River State is certain.

“I am one with you on this. I promise to come back to commission (inaugurate) this road upon completion and that is very soon too.’’

In his remarks, Ayade said apart from the road project, the state would also be constructing a deep sea port in Bakassi.

According to him, the two projects will be executed through the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) .

He said the idea behind the projects rooted back to when the state lost its oil wells to Akwa Ibom upon the loss of Bakassi.

“It became imperative that we reconstruct a new means of production; we need to open the horizon to get teeming young people employed.

“It is against such background as I sought to leave this state it became very clear and evident that we must construct new means of production.

“Within the limit of our resources, the projects would have been impossible but because we know that you are the President of all, we know that once we dream, it is his duty to make the dream a reality that is why we dreamt that we need to construct a deep seaport.

“As soon as I sent a letter to you on the Bakassi seaport, it took less than one day in your office and it was minuted out.”

On the 260km super highway, Ayade stated that it would serve as an evacuation corridor from the seaport.

“It will have a track of 14metres and a key wall of 680 metres that will allow for vessels from outside and every other vessel to berth.

“It will, therefore, provide an evacuation corridor for vessels, material and equipment lying in Calabar uniformly, effortlessly to Northern Nigeria.”

According to the governor, the existing federal road will require up to five to six hours to get to Benue State from Calabar but with the construction of this super highway, only one hour, 30 minutes will be spent.

“What is special about this super highway? It is that we have internet connectivity all through the highway, a photographic solar system with a satellite antenna.

“Mr president, it is also going to be the first to have anti-sleep bumps on the highway.

“It is also going to be the first to have speed cameras. It is also going to be the first to have ambulatory services.

“Mr President, this road is a digital road, designed for the 21st century.’’

The governor expressed optimism that the road would be completed in the next four to five years.

“We envisioned that this road will be done in the next four to five years.

“We also have people who have collaborated and partnered with us.

“ They include an Israeli-British firm, the broad spectrum that had provided 500 million euros.

“We also have Heritage, Skye and Zenith banks.

“We know that with the support Mr. President has given to us, the project will be a reality.’’
I hate this guy called Buahari , I think I need deliverance on that because the hatred I have 4 him is 10 x bigger than vy cannis majoris star, pls leave Cross river & Akwa ibom alone we are proudly PDP...in other news...''invest in Akwa ibom ''
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2015
Dullard!
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
Emekamex:

I thought you don't do Nigerian girls?

i dey wine d gal. shey na like this dem dey do babe? u no fit spot sarcasm wen u see one? smh
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 20, 2015
prettythicksme:
U no get wall for house?

u don see where wall dey wet before e no fit be like toto na
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Ghost01(m): 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2015
Now that's a wise state governor right there. He's shown once again that politics isn't an end in itself.
Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by obailala(m): 11:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
AkwaIbomrep1:
I hate this guy called Buahari , I think I need deliverance on that because the hatred I have 4 him is 10 x bigger than vy cannis majoris star, pls leave Cross river & Akwa ibom alone we are proudly PDP...in other news...''invest in Akwa ibom ''
A lot of you suffer from a psychological problem... The solution is simple, GROW UP!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project by Sibrah: 11:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
Where exactly is this road terminating? Where is Katsina-Ala is located? Which state?
I want to advice the Buhari govt to do away with all these First of its kind project and give the masses real quality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI / Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff / Oshiomhole Pleads For Out-of-court Settlement In Ortom’s N10bn Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.