Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,345 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course (1584 Views)

If You've Been Offered ADMISSION! Via Jamb Caps..please Enter HERE! / I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. / Why You May End Up Not Practising The Course You Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by realglob(m): 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
Please and please am writing this on behalf of my Lil sis.
This evening on whatsapp she engaged me into a chat and she told me that Uni Abuja has offered her admission and she was offered Agric to study. While I was busy congratulating her and telling her am happy 4 her I realized she don't like the course and when I ask her why she don't like it, she also asked me several questions about the course that I am ignorant of. I knew she had always wanted to be a medical doctor or pharmacist.
Please drop your helpful advises. Amongst the questions she asked me was: what can she do after studying that course and what job can she secure in future as a graduate.

Please candid suggestions only
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by Jboyossai(m): 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
Well, best advice, tell her to accept the admission, then continue reading for next year jamb while in school.
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by Juxtified(m): 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2015
My candid advice: if she doesn't like the course,then she should forget about it. Wait another year, study hard, write Jamb again, and pray she gets the one she prefers. Its better to wait for 1yr than spend the rest of her life in regret.
-from someone who has been in similar position before.

3 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by dhoryn(f): 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2015
Let her write jamb again. It's better for her to study her dream course. If she is still young, she shouldn't be rushed.
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by theLegion(m): 9:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
See this one... She didn't go for unizik na... Had it been she's an aspirant of unizik, she'll be the one begging for them to give her agric! My advice to her is... Half bread is better than non!
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by realglob(m): 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2015
Jboyossai:
Well, best advice, tell to accept the admission, then continue reading for next year jamb while in school.

Thank u 4 ur advice
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by realglob(m): 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
theLegion:
See this one... She didn't go for unizik na... Had it been she's an aspirant of unizik, she'll be the one begging for them to give her agric! My advice to her is... Half bread is better than non!

Tnks. Bt u knw is nt all abt half bread or full bread. Dis is som1's future
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by Jboyossai(m): 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
Juxtified:
My candid advice: if she doesn't like the course,then she should forget about it. Wait another year, study hard, write Jamb again, and pray she gets the one she prefers. Its better to wait for 1yr than spend the rest of her life in regret.
guy relax, its hardly workout that way, she should just pick this one up and still re-write jamb next yr
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by realglob(m): 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
dhoryn:
Let her write jamb again. It's better for her to study her dream course. If she is still young, she shouldn't be rushed.

Thank u
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by realglob(m): 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
Juxtified:

Tnks.
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by realglob(m): 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
Jboyossai:
Well, best advice, tell to accept the admission, then continue reading for next year jamb while in school.

Tnk u
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by realglob(m): 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
Please I need contrary views so dat I can weigh d points.
Please anybody in d hauz who studies Agric. Can be of help here.
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by Jboyossai(m): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
dhoryn:
it wont be easy for her if she stay at home doing nothing till next yr, she might even score lower next year if she stay.
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by realglob(m): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
Jboyossai:
it wont be easy for her if she stay at home doing nothing till next yr, she might even score lower next year if she stay.
That's my fear also, pleas
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by Niyeal(m): 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
I had similar problem 4 yrs ago, i intend to study mining eng or agric eng, and scored 246 in ume at 2011 ume, but i wasnt given d course of my dream, i was givn agric sci edu. That is how i took the cos, i was nt interested in d cos initially, i stil focus mining eng. 2012 i sat 4 anoda ume but couldnt make it as well, i pursue d agric edu i'm now in 400l now, final year. My last word is beta to ve a 2.1 in a cos u dont like dan havn a 3rd clas in a cos u like, agric sci is a vocational cos as well as science. Study it up to Phd u wouldnt regret it.

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by Juxtified(m): 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
Jboyossai:
guy relax, its hardly workout that way, she should just pick this one up and still re-write jamb next yr
I spoke from personal experience. I chose a course in JAMB out of ignorance and I was given admission to both my first choice university and course. But by the time the admission list came out I realised that wasn't what i really wanted to do all the rest of my life, so i sat back, prepared hard and wrote JAMB again - this time for my dream course. Again I made very good grades and got in. Looking back today I can proudly say that was one of the top 3 best decisions I've ever taken in my life.
She could as well decide to take up the agric admission and still write JAMB next year, but why waste money? And ironically, its actually a waste of time - time in admission and clearance procedures, time spent in lecture rooms, listening to lectures half-heartedly, not to talk of so many other campus distractions. I personally think its so much easier to sit back home and concentrate fully on one exam than when you have all these campus distractions and activities in the picture...

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by theLegion(m): 10:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
realglob:

Tnks. Bt u knw is nt all abt half bread or full bread. Dis is som1's future

Yea, you're right
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by Jboyossai(m): 6:10am On Oct 21, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 21, 2015
Hh
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 21, 2015
Same thing happened to me years back.. ..I applied for law nd was given english nd international studies..I had no idea bout wea i cul work after finishin..I google bout d course nd oda stuffs.Found nothing..Had to shun d course; nd enter a diffrnt sku predigree..# If ya sis stil dosint want d course:d best tin iz to do d sku predigree nd den putme..#Daz 2 chances fr ah"..Ah course will come in..'Peace

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by Eleniyan15: 10:53am On Oct 21, 2015
my advice

let her do the course

Agric is a very nice course

watch out for Nigeria as a whole
the moment we dump oil...nah agriculture straight

The little graduate outside with 2:1,2:2 gonna get job asap

while studying the agric let her put in for another jamb next yr, to try her luck

note: destiny can't be changed!!!!!!!!

God bless our hustle
Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by MrTips: 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
realglob:
Please and please am writing this on behalf of my Lil sis.
This evening on whatsapp she engaged me into a chat and she told me that Uni Abuja has offered her admission and she was offered Agric to study. While I was busy congratulating her and telling her am happy 4 her I realized she don't like the course and when I ask her why she don't like it, she also asked me several questions about the course that I am ignorant of. I knew she had always wanted to be a medical doctor or pharmacist.
Please drop your helpful advises. Amongst the questions she asked me was: what can she do after studying that course and what job can she secure in future as a graduate.

Please candid suggestions only
She knows herself and her condition best, let her consider so many things before making the final decision. If she can't compromise with the course offered, then she should wait for another year. Perhaps she might want to consider all the time she ve spent waiting and struggling for the admission. God knows ßest. May God Help.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I Have Been Offered Adnission But I Dont Like The Course by ogaofficer(m): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
In the first place, why is your sister putting money and work into consideration. Even if she was opportuned to study medicine, by year 2 she might end up studying MCB. What you need to tell is that, your course of study does not determine your success, there is no job out there. Let her develop a strong passion to solve the problems facing our society in the field she might have chosen, by then both work and money will come running after her. My piece

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PAST AND POTENTIAL I.T/SIWES STUDENTS LETS MEET HERE / Words Commonly Mispronounced / How Your 2016/2017 Admission Will Be Determined - Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.