Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,029 members, 7,803,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits (997 Views)

Patience Jonathan Pictured At Port-Harcourt Airport Looking Gorgeous / Goodluck Jonathan & Patience Were Received At Port-Harcourt Airport Today / See The Ranking Of Governors Based On Their Perfomance So Far And Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits by spenca: 8:39am On Oct 21, 2015
Finally Rivers don carry first for something other than runs girl even with the whole oil resources given to that state monthly . There is basically no excuse for this shambolic infrastructure in fact the cubicle which Kwara state uses as an airport is far better than this , Rivers airport uses canopy has an arrival lounge can someone please remind them the canopy are for owambe and it is made as a short term temporary structure and now EKITI also want to make a fool of themselves , I would rather have just 3 airport in Nigeria with international Standard rather than have one in virtually all the states and yet the won't even pass for local standard , this is not just a stain on the white fabric of Rivers state but on Nigeria as a whole . We need to revive our planning frontiers .

Re: The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 21, 2015
@op. I think you should focus on the 'International' please. I still don't support Ekiti airport. Ondo airport can serve.
Re: The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits by spenca: 8:55am On Oct 21, 2015
sirmobol:
@op. I think you should focus on the 'International' please. I still don't support Ekiti airport. Ondo airport can serve.

Even Ondo can pause , we haven't gotten to that point of building airports in every state , we don't even have a national carrier all we are concerned is giving contracts to people to build airports so we can get some kickbacks. Let us join hand and maintain what is on ground to international standards, Architectural wonders rather than have multiple below standard airports that would wane out after months of operation
Re: The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:01am On Oct 21, 2015
spenca:
Finally Rivers don carry first for something other than runs girl even with the whole oil resources given to that state monthly . There is basically no excuse for this shambolic infrastructure in fact the cubicle which Kwara state uses as an airport is far better than this , Rivers airport uses canopy has an arrival lounge can someone please remind them the canopy are for owambe and it is made as a short term temporary structure and now EKITI also want to make a fool of themselves , I would rather have just 3 airport in Nigeria with international Standard rather than have one in virtually all the states and yet the won't even pass for local standard , this is not just a stain on the white fabric of Rivers state but on Nigeria as a whole . We need to revive our planning frontiers .

GEJ IS WORKING!!!!

Didn't him and Stellah Oduah refurbish all the Airports in Africa before he was booted out of office?

GEJ TILL 2099!!!
Re: The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits by Vikkie14: 9:02am On Oct 21, 2015
spenca:

Even Ondo can pause , we haven't gotten to that point of building airports in every state , we don't even have a national carrier all we are concerned is giving contracts to people to build airports so we can get some kickbacks. Let us join hand and maintain what is on ground to international standards, Architectural wonders rather than have multiple below standard airports that would wane out after months of operation
Is Ekiti building an International Airport or a Local one?
Re: The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits by Boss13: 9:04am On Oct 21, 2015
sirmobol:

That is the international airport
Re: The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2015
spenca:

Chill... whether you like it or not.. let's face facts, airports will be built. Do you want individual companies to build airstrips just like Mobil in Eket, Dangote etc . .. imagine all multinational companies having thier own airstrips to land thier jets and choppers what a mess states would be?

For your info. Akure airport has been in existence since the military regime. And it is local not international. It served the neighbouring states. Nigerian Airways was in Akure.

So when you say we haven't gotten to the point, I won't totally agree. We were once there bit we lost the glory. If we have major things to export, companies located in a state whereby expatriates are flown in and out, the airport would function. ..

Now when you talk International standards, we once had it too.. We only failed to maintain them. Rivers was had the glory. They failed. .. The Niger Delta trouble shifted thier focus.

MMA2 In Lagos should be constantly maintained, in fact it would, because we are still paying the owner I guess. But when the payment is complete. . What next?

If there are no airports, on which roads do you get to move goods and services very fast? Lagos Benin way?
Re: The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 21, 2015
Boss13:

That is the international airport
what makes it international?
Re: The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits by spenca: 10:04am On Oct 21, 2015
sirmobol:

Chill... whether you like it or not.. let's face facts, airports will be built. Do you want individual companies to build airstrips just like Mobil in Eket, Dangote etc . .. imagine all multinational companies having thier own airstrips to land thier jets and choppers what a mess states would be?

For your info. Akure airport has been in existence since the military regime. And it is local not international. It served the neighbouring states. Nigerian Airways was in Akure.

So when you say we haven't gotten to the point, I won't totally agree. We were once there bit we lost the glory. If we have major things to export, companies located in a state whereby expatriates are flown in and out, the airport would function. ..

Now when you talk International standards, we once had it too.. We only failed to maintain them. Rivers was had the glory. They failed. .. The Niger Delta trouble shifted thier focus.

MMA2 In Lagos should be constantly maintained, in fact it would, because we are still paying the owner I guess. But when the payment is complete. . What next?

If there are no airports, on which roads do you get to move goods and services very fast? Lagos Benin way?

If it is for sole purpose of trade that you think the airports would be utilized , I think the efficacy of the rail for this purpose has been neglected by you and for this reason is why I say these governors should sync and make things work imagine governors coming together to build a metro line these doesn't just help trade the movement of mass individuals in a short period of time and highly economical. Instead of the governor's forum to serve as a glorified Union it better should serve as an inclusive economical association to foster inclusive developments between states .
Re: The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits by spenca: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2015
Vikkie14:
Is Ekiti building an International Airport or a Local one?

I am not sure about which but it is likely going to be local , cox my brothers in EKITI don't even go to Ondo to visit their long time relations there talk less of going outside Nigeria . It would only serve the ruling class and few bourgeois that exist in that state .
Re: The Ranking Of Port Harcourt Airport By CNN Pundits by spenca: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

GEJ IS WORKING!!!!

Didn't him and Stellah Oduah refurbish all the Airports in Africa before he was booted out of office?

GEJ TILL 2099!!!

We should look forward and leave the schism out of it

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Election Petition Tribunal – TRIBUNAL SACKS WIKE / Nigerian Record-breaking Scholars Flying The Country’s Flag Overseas / UNN Head Of Political Science Dept Shields 3 Students Who Assaulted Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.