Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? (45948 Views)

Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) / Gowon Shakes Hands With Trudeau..in 1973 / Yakubu Gowon Shaking Hands With, Justin Trudeau Current Canadian Prime Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by obynaDmob(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
The question is this, if we have someone young contesting for the next elections... Kokoro governorship sef, will he get maximum votes? Assuming its free and fair
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Acidosis(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
We want to move forward yet we elected a man I'm sure can not navigate his way through gmail or yahoomail
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by ekika(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
SHAME
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Firefire(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
IzonOwei:
africa is accelerating in reverse gear...we would be stagnant indefinitely until we grow some sense like our white brothers...you can imagine that lil boy just became the prime minister of Canada and in this day and age we are all waiting for a 72 year old man to save us...i once thought we had hope in Nigeria and then i recently re-assessed my head...Nigeria aint moving shitttt...the likes of obj are still controlling this country...Nigeria is just finished...we all need brain surgery in this black country called Nigeria...

MKO tagged Hope '93 would be weeping in his grave now.

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by akinsbaba2015: 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
tbaba1234:
Ronald Reagan was 69 when he was elected.
Clinton is in her 60s running for office
Bernie Sanders is 75
Trump is in his 60s too

It is not about the age.
. Nigerians are quick to condemn their citizens whether old or young, look at the frontrunners in the US polls: Ben Carson64, Donald Trump69 & Hillary Clinton67. Have you heard the Americans base their campaigns on age but what each candidate has to offer. Politics is not by compulsion and if the 40s & 50s cannot rival the 60s then no one should be blamed. Imagine all the governors we had in their 40s in 1999 what were their landmarks that could propel them to higher offices NONE

3 Likes

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by freshcvvs: 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
xty2cool:
Age is not the issue for me but the brain inside the head. Old or Young the main thing is what you got to offer. For Buhari , the brain inside the head is not good enough for today's Nigeria. We need men with unusual approach to governance and vision. Buhari don't belong to that class and don't expect much from him.

Wise man, how come you're not the president of Nigeria? who stopped you from being the president? infact, which society, group or institute do you currently head? let's start from there so we'd be sure you have a good brain inside that your own head since you believe a 2 time HOS is not with a good brain.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Godset1: 4:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
How do u expect them to come out while our politics is monetary
onismate:
Abeg make una take am easy on Baba Buhari. but wait oooo, has any politician from 40 to 45 come out to contest for Nigerian presidency and we did vote for them? let them come out first .
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by FastShipping: 4:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
akinsbaba2015:
. Nigerians are quick to condemn their citizens whether old or young, look at the frontrunners in the US polls: Ben Carson64, Donald Trump69 & Hillary Clinton67. Have you heard the Americans base their campaigns on age but what each candidate has to offer. Politics is not by compulsion and if the 40s & 50s cannot rival the 60s then no one should be blamed. Imagine all the governors we had in their 40s in 1999 what were their landmarks that could propel them to higher offices NONE

God bless you.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by happney65: 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
Na Sai Baba them dey shout..Oloshi pipu
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
kettykin:
So a 42 year old man is now the prime minister and head of government of one of the biggest economies in the world while some fraudsters with their change gimmicks has fooled Nigerians into electing a 70 year old ex military personnel to be their president.

The same Canada has once elected a 69 year old man as prime minister . . . Let us stay away from seeing the age but what the person could do, i am not in support of no one but just dont see why we have to keep hammering on the age of Buhari . . . If he is able to do the job, let him be, else, vote him out come 2019.

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by tbaba1234: 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
IzonOwei:
and they ruled america twice abi...

Yes, Ronald Reagan was elected at 69 and ruled for two terms...

2 Likes

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by akinsbaba2015: 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
yamusa5:
Wailers!!!! The GEJ we elected in 2011, whom we collectively claimed then that is a youth and belong to this new and unfortunate generation of ours, what did he do than being clueless.
. What were his antecedents as governor and acting president? You can't give what you don't have.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Fhemmmy: 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
obynaDmob:
The question is this, if we have someone young contesting for the next elections... Kokoro governorship sef, will he get maximum votes? Assuming its free and fair

Great question and i am sure it is the youth that will first tear the guy apart with their mouth, Nigeria has a long way to go BUT we surely could start the process by getting involved in politics and educating the people that no need to kill to get to power.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by ZUBY77(m): 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
Ilekeh:
Was this a democratic movement? Why is the son of a prime minister now a prime minister?

I sense nepotism.

Yeah. You are wiser than the Canadians that voted him.
Anuofia.

Is it not better than the same man who was head of state in 1983 to come back in 2015?

In this technology and sophisticated age, your president is a certificates old former military man who knows nothing about Microsoft Office.

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by anonimi: 5:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
Martins301:
The sad truth is majority of Nigerian youths have been extremely corrupted to the extent that electing them into top government position is suicide for the country. With the way things are, I dare to say that the youths will do worse if they get elected into government positions. If you doubt me, look at the level of rot in NANS, National Association of Nigerian Students, sample the opinion of "enligtened" youths on Nairaland. You will fear for the future of this country. Forget it. The only solution is revolution, complete and total annihilation of the rotten class of politicians.

Are the old cargoes in government now, not corrupt

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
tbaba1234:

Yes, Ronald Reagan was elected at 69 and ruled for two terms...

i am not talking about terms bro...i want an obj and buhari example...can george bush still rule america again...or if obama leaves the sit can he ever come back to rule america again...if you guys don't know nigeria has a fundamental problem we would remain stagnant forever...
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by babafirst(m): 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
kettykin:
So a 42 year old man is now the prime minister and head of government of one of the biggest economies in the world while some fraudsters with their change gimmicks has fooled Nigerians into electing a 70 year old ex military personnel to be their president.
Because the 50 year old fraudster elected several years ago was a disaster.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Chitumu: 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
Martins301:
The sad truth is majority of Nigerian youths have been extremely corrupted to the extent that electing them into top government position is suicide for the country. With the way things are, I dare to say that the youths will do worse if they get elected into government positions. If you doubt me, look at the level of rot in NANS, National Association of Nigerian Students, sample the opinion of "enligtened" youths on Nairaland. You will fear for the future of this country. Forget it. The only solution is revolution, complete and total annihilation of the rotten class of politicians.
bros am with u. Youth shud wait until grandpa buhari teach them how to be a learder.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by repogirl(f): 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nigeria has not moved forward since independence....its one step forward, five steps back for us.

Is like the prayer I will start praying from today is all those selfish politicians that don't want to see the progress of this country, whose plans are to run it dry and keep leeching of its wealth must fall and die oooooooo,! Fall and die! grin

Let's see how effective this prayer point will be, cos me I am fed up! angry
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Adminisher: 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
xty2cool:
Age is not the issue for me but the brain inside the head. Old or Young the main thing is what you got to offer. For Buhari , the brain inside the head is not good enough for today's Nigeria. We need men with unusual approach to governance and vision. Buhari don't belong to that class and don't expect much from him.

You are just deceiving yourself. Buhari is a first class brain with proven leadership skills. You guys are too empty to realise what leadership is. Trudeau needs just 30 % leadership skills and 70 % inter-institutional stakeholder management skills. You can be a good place PM or President in the developed countries without leadership skills. Donto even try that in the third world. The man Buhari replaced was not a leader. Pure and simple. Now we have a steady hand. China had Deng Xia O Ping for all the reforms that made that country great . The man was 81 years. The current leader of Iran is in his 70s and he has made his country self sufficient. Mandela, Ronald Reagan etc.c were in their 70s. An old lion is far better than a young sheep. Lion is to lead, Sheep is to follow. Please stop the low IQ talk about modern young brain ..my our are just showing that you went to a Nigerian university

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by repogirl(f): 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
Martins301:
I am with you but who shall bell the cat? undecided
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
I will miss Stephen Harper. But congrats to Justin Trudeau!
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
kettykin:
So a 42 year old man is now the prime minister and head of government of one of the biggest economies in the world while some fraudsters with their change gimmicks has fooled Nigerians into electing a 70 year old ex military personnel officer to be their president.

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by cardoctor(m): 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
Destiny

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by batulakarada: 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
xty2cool:
And Jonathan does?
U must be high on kiwi both options are bad but bihari is the better demon .
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by alexlee50: 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[size=18pt] The greatest mistake we made in nigeria is not allowing the flaming sword of uthman dan fodio to sanctify the south
Nigeria will never have peace untill the flaming sword of uthman danfodio touched the atlantic ocean and the religion of peace soak up the heart of all nigerians so that we can see ourself as brothers.

[/size]
my guy, u funny wella.I hope u know that the north, where the sword of uthman dan fodio was able to cleanse has the highest level of poverty, inequality, corruption,illetracy etc.

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by aviazuva: 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
Why do we accused the aged
All the riggings are carried out with the help of the youth!!!!!
All the ballot box snatchings are done by the energetic youth.
Who carries the guns and bombs if not the youth?
Like IBB asked, "which person would suffer and get into government only to willingly hand it over to another person?

Democracy is a game of numbers., which youth came out and how many youths supported him or her in the elections??
It will remain like that until we really change, untill someone oils the squicking door
Meanwhile. give us the Biafra and another set and type of wars shall start
AVIANZUKWA

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by tbaba1234: 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
IzonOwei:
i am not talking about terms bro...i want an obj and buhari example...can george bush still rule america again...or if obama leaves the sit can he ever come back to rule america again...if you guys don't know nigeria has a fundamental problem we would remain stagnant forever...

Obama has served his two terms.. GEJ can recentest for election if he wants. Two terms is two times in office.

In America, The Bush family has had two presidents and a third is contesting. Clinton was a first lady and is trying to return.

In all these cases, the conversation is about what they have to offer not their age or family lineage.

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Fhemmmy: 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
xty2cool:

What was the yardstick that was used to measure this?
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by billyG(m): 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
xty2cool:
So we need Bean Brain like yur father abi?
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by kozmokaz(m): 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
and u think I can go out der and proudly tell dem am a Nigerian?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation / Senator Ademola Adeleke Dances With Beauty Queens (Video, Photos) / UN Reopens Abuja Building Eight Years After Boko Haram Bombing (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.