Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours (2132 Views)

What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. / Nairaland Hall Of Fame: Let's Have Your Nominees! / Nellaluv's 15 Mins Of Fame + New Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by Trooper(m): 3:40am On Oct 30, 2005
Hi guys, everybody will have or wants to have his or her 15 minutes of fame during his or her life time. I had mine twice already but what's about you ?

Tell us about it.

@ Seun. If I posted this topic in the wrong section, just move it.
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by vexxy(f): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2005
Hum, I performed in Vegas when I was younger. My father wrote a song and it was featured in the Annual Rythem and Blues Concert (or something like that). I got the chance to meet Queen Latifa and Boys II Men. It was on TV and we recorded it. I will never show that tape to anyone. Never. cheesy

I guess I had two as well because the second was being featured in a book. I still have the book and Rosa Parks autographed it for me. The feature was about an interview I did of my mother regarding segregation and racism when she was young. undecided
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by Trooper(m): 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2005
2 years ago during winter time I was walking with my son and his mum on a pier here in California and noticed a little boy playing way too close to the water. A minute later he has fallen about 18 ft into the ocean. Everybody was watching but nobody took action.

So it was up to me to get out of my jacket and jump after him. It took me almost a minute to find him and bring him back. I re-animated him on the beach while his mum was screaming and screaming.

Finally Paramedics, fire fighters and the police arrived to take over. An African American man brought me my jacket and said "well done brother". I was sitting there smoking a cigarette when a female police officer came over to talk to me. She said "You are an hero now". I looked at her and said "No, I'm not an hero, I'm just a Daddy".

I'm still meeting with this family. The bay watch was way too slow ...
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by akinnaija(m): 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2005
trooper...am clapping for you and that was a real good one...even the bible acknowledges that....it was a risk u took and what other greater love can a man show than to risk his life for another.....
I take a bow for u and I believe u gat the fame moment...cheers..enjoy it as long as u desire it grin
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by Trooper(m): 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2005
@ akinnaija. I wasn't really risking my life but in a moment like that you stop thinking about your own. I still do not know why I did it, but I did it. It was like a bad dream......
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by vexxy(f): 1:43am On Oct 31, 2005
You did a great thing by saving that boy, Trooper.
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by Trooper(m): 2:11am On Oct 31, 2005
OK, the second...I was standing in front of 3,000 soldiers when they gave me the medal of glory. A General sticked it on my uniform and all of my buddies were clapping their hands. Have you ever heard the sound of 3,000 guys saluting you and shouting your name ? Guess not....I still have the piece of scrap metal somewhere in my apartment........but I'm not proud of it. Don't ask me what I get it for....
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by allonym: 3:35am On Oct 31, 2005
what did you get it for?
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by Trooper(m): 3:39am On Oct 31, 2005
@ allonym. Please don't ask me, ok ?
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by allonym: 4:39am On Oct 31, 2005
would you have to kill me?
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by Trooper(m): 8:36am On Oct 31, 2005
@ allonym - NO ! It's just to personal......
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by tamia(f): 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2005
my first week in college was a borin' one so i decided to join the poetry club. my very good friend writes wonderful poems and i had no clue about writtin' poetry. when we were all asked to write poems, i wrote mine entitled HEARTBREAK when our club advisor read it, she called me and told me she was going to send it to somethin' concerning Association of American Poets... wateva i can't really remember. one day i got a mail and the association told me they were going to publish my poem in their a Poetry almanac  the book has to be released in December. i am so gettin' me a copy.

i'll be back for my second moment cuz its happenin' right now!
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by vexxy(f): 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2005
Another time was when I was in High School. I did so well in school that I was nominated for the Who's Who Among American High School Students award. I was accepted and placed in their book. The following year I was nominated again and I received a letter from the Board saying that only 5% of students get into the book the first year around, and only 2% get in a second time.

My little neighborhood was proud of me so they published it in the paper.
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by Trooper(m): 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2005
@ tamia - good one !

@ vexxy - good one !
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by Greatpeter(m): 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2005
Mine was two years ago or thereabout.

I was just trecking along Tombia GRA Port Harcourt, Nigeria when an Okada man was speeding with two young girls of about 8-9yrs old.
One in front and ther at the back.

So I didn't know what happened, the girl at the back jumped out of the Bike and fell down and fainted immediately.
No one could rush and revive her thinking she was dead.

And being a proffessional, I rushed and performed those ABC of ressuscitation and before you know it the girl just surbed and surged.
When people came, they said, brother you're her saviour today, are you this are you that?
I was just smiling. The Okada man was postrating and thanking me.
My trouser was blood stained and someone went and brought me kerosine to wipe it off but because it was a white trouser it was like that.
But i just went back home.
When I got home I was thanking God, singing praises to His holy name.
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by Trooper(m): 11:13pm On Oct 31, 2005
@ GP - I'm proud of you !
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by WesleyanA(f): 2:00am On Nov 01, 2005
vexxy:

Another time was when I was in High School. I did so well in school that I was nominated for the Who's Who Among American High School Students award. I was accepted and placed in their book. The following year I was nominated again and I received a letter from the Board saying that only 5% of students get into the book the first year around, and only 2% get in a second time.

My little neighborhood was proud of me so they published it in the paper.

i heard about that  cheesy

some of my classmates got this thing last year "national honor roll" and i was mad i didn't get one because i made the roll at school every quater. (there's this one specific friend of mine that got excited when i said i didn't get one.. .  i guess it made her feel better about herself because she's always trying to compete with me and i always beat her). i got so mad i had to go to my guidance councellor to ask. she said  that i shouldn't worry about it because the school's honor thing "(magnus) cuum laude" was far more prestigious.
then i finally got it in the mail after like 3 months. i filled out the form and all but forgot to mail it in before the due date. then a month later, they sent another one to me telling me it was my last chance. they said i could buy a book for $50 "commemorative book" that'll show my name and achievements, they'll put my name in the newspaper,  send it to the governor and blah blah. All that (and the letter itself) sounded fishy to me so i decided to do some research on it (i found out it was a spam on a couple of sites). my mom almost killed me becuase she really wanted me to fill it out. i finally sent it in to please my mom and then sent them an email to cancel my name from it! which they did and my mom never found out  cheesy . .
(i think NHR is a fake imitation of "who's who"wink.

i heard who's who used to be popular back then too  cheesy. . .
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by allonym: 2:20am On Nov 01, 2005
yeah, i've seen a lot of those, where they'll put your name in the book or publish your poem - the catch, if you want to see your thing published, you gotta agree to buy their $50 or so book
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by c0dec(m): 2:31am On Nov 01, 2005
my own fame na for football pitch grin
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by Oracle(m): 4:35am On Nov 01, 2005
My own fame was in skool in the literary and debating
society.we,ve been having rehearsals coz we had to go
4 the President Inter Secondary Skool Debate among unity colleges
Well, there were older giants at the competition but believe it or not
we won the whole thing and came second. The host skool was given the
first positon and i was awarded best speaker
MEN I FELT LIKE I WAS ON TOP OF THE WORLD
everybody cheering,clapping i felt very important.
it was like i had a talent and i never knew
students from my skool and other skools around nigeria
were all aplauding.
I FELT GREAT.
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by AngelaZ(f): 7:53pm On Nov 07, 2005
I've had several Moments of Fame, one of them was an advert I did on CNN, I was dressed in the Northern Fulani girls attire, I FELT pretty and knew I was looking good, I knew the world would see me. The advert ran for a full week. I was in Eypyt one of the days and the remaining days in Dubai. My mum was proud to tell everyone that it was me and there I was, the all were coming around and asking about the culture and addy. I received calls from friends home and abroad. I can boast of faithful friends I have now via the advert . grin

Another fame I treasure so much is being the NUMBER 1 in my husbands life, he picked me amongst a thousand and one other women to be HIS BRIDE kiss

1 Like

Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by kemmy(f): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2005
Sorry, but I need to ask this,Angela, do you work at MTN with Hadiza? Your picture looks familiar.
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by AngelaZ(f): 10:45am On Nov 10, 2005
Kemmy, Which Hadiza. I know so many of them?
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by smiley(f): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2005
angela am so tripped by the fact that you see your marrige as a fame go girl. smiley its worth begin proud of
Re: 15 Minutes Of Fame: Describe Yours by tamia(f): 7:05pm On Nov 14, 2005
AngelaZ:

Another fame I treasure so much is being the NUMBER 1 in my husbands life, he picked me amongst a thousand and one other women to be HIS BRIDE kiss

aaawwwwww!!!!!!!!! dats so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

. / Mr Seun, Please I Want To Change My Username / Nairaland Most Controversial Personalities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.