Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,748 members, 7,806,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge (5621 Views)

Chelsea May Have To Leave Stamford Bridge For At Least Two Seasons / 11 Mysterious Guests Make Appearance At Stamford Bridge During Match Against Man / Mourinho Set To Return To Stamford Bridge As Chelsea New Coach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by Akolawole(m): 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2006
News came in last week that Chelsea had put on sands onto their pitch in order to STOP Barca at all cost.

Reactions had come from Nou Camp.

Chelsea had defended themselves that they are doing some maintenance: http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=420379&m=10&y=2006&nav=news&sub=latest+news

Personally, i don't think it is an antics by Chelsea.

Man to Man, i think Chelsea is better. We may not be playing beautiful soccer but we are no push over.

Is their Goalie better than Cech? No

Did they have a better defensive midfielder than Makalele? NO

Is Etoo better on Paper than "Mis-fit" Sheva? NO   

Do you think Chelsea can do this to stop Barca from winning in London?

Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by CrazyMan(m): 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2006

I guess it's sand ford.
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by mukina2: 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2006
yeah how about scamford bidge
thats a trick by chelsea to stop barca ooo angry grin
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by bolaoni(m): 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2006
Akola Baba! you are definitely a funny man. Read this again:

Akolawole:

Man to Man, i think Chelsea is better. We may not be playing beautiful soccer but we are no push over.

Chelsea better than Barca? hmmm.

Well, I have gone through your list but who will you rate with Ronnie or with Messi?

I'm waiting to see more comparisons and until then, me still think man to man or even overall, Barca has an edge.

Just my thought! wink
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by sunny4all(m): 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2006
@ Akolawole ! Akolawole !! Akolawole !!! When did u starting supporting Chelski Please before posting this kind of thread go and read more about chelsea's profile/history. I guess most Nigerian reading this thread will not be happy with you. Even God in heaven know we Nigerian's are too clean to support club like chelsea we are not after "Abromavich overnight money" Did u know much about  Abromavich himself? How he got his money? I guess by now u will say NO, Let me ask U Akolawole Do u know who is chelsea's first captain? See u better sit back at home and make a very good decision before u set to join that club. Akolawole am sorry if u think these words are u harsh on u bt remember am just tryin to make u happy. That is why  i did not mention the name of my club it could be Enyimba or 3sc. Goodluck n have a nice day
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by Akolawole(m): 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2006
QUOTE FROM SUNNY4ALL

@ Akolawole ! Akolawole !! Akolawole !!! When did u starting supporting Chelski Please before posting this kind of thread go and read more about chelsea's profile/history. I guess most Nigerian reading this thread will not be happy with you. Even God in heaven know we Nigerian's are too clean to support club like chelsea we are not after "Abromavich overnight money" Did u know much about Abromavich himself? How he got his money? I guess by now u will say NO, Let me ask U Akolawole Do u know who is chelsea's first captain? See u better sit back at home and make a very good decision before u set to join that club. Akolawole am sorry if u think these words are u harsh on u bt remember am just tryin to make u happy. That is why i did not mention the name of my club it could be Enyimba or 3sc. Goodluck n have a nice day

My Biology teacher told me Man belong to the class Mammals.

In the kingdom of mammals, we can find Elephants, Kangaroo, Lion etc but the ironical part of it is Ajegunle rats will come out and show himself.
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by kitaun(m): 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2006
@Sunny4all

I guess you just had to come and show your ignorance or maybe display how keyboard-happy you are with that balderdash you posted angry abeg watch as the gang dey flow before u sef begin put mouth, u hear? am sure you probably strayed in here u even lucky sef say no be Oga Jackal u follow talk like dat, u for hear wen grin grin
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by CrazyMan(m): 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2006
"Clelsea, Barca"
they are all minors.
we all know the best, which is MANCHESTER UNITED. smiley cheesy
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by mukina2: 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2006
@crazykiddo
do you have to spam every thread with manure rubbish angry

@sunny4all i guess you are new to the sport thread.
kitaun is right.if it was Jack by now you will be wishing you never made that post. grin

that was a very cheap trick by chelsea,although Eto would be out,i hope Barca win,i also hope that Drogba scores anuther superb goal shocked
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by otolorin(m): 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2006
oga o
Akolawola o - how can u say such - anyways chelski na ur team now, so u got 2 support them! - even when they play arsenal (which is yur secret love)

no forget say gudjohnson abi wetin be dat chelski strong man don dey 4 nou camp now o - u u know what dat can mean!
now, if rijkaard decides to leave out eto'o, +/- injury now, their strike force has got a deadlier sting dan that of drogba + "mis-fit" sheva

i can only advise mourinhole to utilize SWP - it might seem ridiculous, but he's gonna help a great deal with aerial ball + speedy drive in(s) from the right!

i can only wish chelski d best - but wat use is wishing volkswagen golf safety in the case of an head-on collicion with a DAF truck!
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by Jackal(m): 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2006
@ Akolawole,
I must disagree with u on this one.
Barca is still slightly stronger than Chelsea and i will tell u why.
Barcelona's strike force is the best in the whole world right now and it will take mother of all defences to stop those lads from scoring in 90 minutes.
They have got Gudjohnsen, Messi, Ronaldinho, Guily and Saviola while Chelsea has just Shevchenko, Drogba and Kalou.

We all know Chelski is better than Barca defensively but isn't attack the best form of defence?
How will Chelsea attack Barcelona when the ball will be in Chelsea's half for 90 minutes?
Barcelona is an all-out attack team which tells u why they play just 3 midfielders and 3 attackers.
They have no holding midfielder in the likes of MAKELELE but they will sting opponent's life to death.

One piece of advice for all Chelski fans: Beware of Gudjohnsen.
Anutha classic battle will be Leo Messi Vs Ashley Cole.
Its going to be a classic in terms of the number of soccer stars the match will display but i back Barcelona to win 3-1.
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by otolorin(m): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2006
sand or no sand
una go chop beating o - take it or TAKE it!

haven't you (chelski) done this cheatmode b4? - did it prove much help?
what was the scoreline the last time you 'sand-filled' ur pitch?
whether you like it or YES - you can't surpass the strenght from nou camp!

wink
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by kitaun(m): 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2006
Bollocks. If they like let them throw a million dinhos in the fray they will only entertain but Chelsea would win no diggity
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by moskey: 6:28pm On Oct 12, 2006
Barca know how to play good football but Chelsea know how to win!!!

Weather good pitch or no good pitch Chelsea will win in London.

Chelsea 4 Life!!!
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by kitaun(m): 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2006
The issue is at the moment Barca is not playing at full strength same also Chelsea but comparatively Chelsea is faring better, and can i quickly add that we should put in mind that it will only be a group stage match but yet one that could determine who qualifies from the group cos my mind of minds tell me that one of them might not qualify from this group, though it sounds crazy to the ears but its just my feelings tongue grin *not that i like chelsea though*

Why are people always quick to discard Chelsea's chances in the UECL? Where was Barca in the consecutive years that Chelsea made it to the Semis of the UECL? HABA make you na dey take am easy o!

People are too easily swayed by the free-flowing footie being played by Barca, but winning matters when it comes to games like this not the kind of romantic football you play *explains why am mad with my club atimes*, which Chelsea might never be caught dead playing anyway, but with the SIEGE MENTALITY OF THE GAFFER, i doubt if those boys wont want to die on the field that day rather than concede victory cool

Whichever way it promises to be a Cracker grin
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by Jackal(m): 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2006
Chelsea to win in London?
I dont think so especially when Barca drew their last game.
Jose should know better than pouring sand on the pitch yet again.
He should have learnt from past experiences
Ronaldinho, Saviola, Deco and Etoo all started playing football on sand as compared to John Terry, Lampard and Joe Cole who played on designer pitches in their teenage years.

How will Chelsea stop the assault of Messi, Dinho and a refined Gudjohnsen?
Its going to be a classic and i expect another red card to be shown to a Chelsea player known as the Cannibal.
Messi is going to make a mince-meat out of Ashley Cole this time around and its going to be pure entertainment.
Barca to snatch anutha 3 points in the most bizzare kinda fashion yet seen.
Who wants to bet?

@ Kitaun,
A 12-man Chelsea team will lose ideas when they meet Barca.
I have tried times without number to understand how Rijkaard breaks teams down with their 4-3-3 formation and i got the answers some few days ago.
Barca plays with no holding midfielder like most teams do in Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira, Claude Makelele and Gattuso and they still outplay any team they face.
The answer is Barcelona plays with loads of pace and they hardly give the opponents the time and space to have the ball.
One good pass from Deco/Dinho to Messi/Etoo is all the team needs to get the goals and its GAMEOVER.

Mourinho on the other hand is a defensive kinda manager.
His 1st priority is DON'T CONCEED and he generally makes things difficult for opponents but his plans will crumble yet again because of 2 reasons.
Chelsea's full backs are relatively weak compared to what they will be facing against Barcelona.
Messi will surely outwit Ashley Cole and Ronaldinho will inflict brain damage on the Cannibal and this means Barca will enjoy freedom on the wings to get behind Chelsea's defence.
Secondly, the inclusion of Lilian Thuram and Zambrotta will strengthen Barca's frail defence and Drogba + Sheva will sweat to make things happen.

Barca has improved in their defence compared to last season but u cannot really see any improvement in Chelski's defence.
Chelsea has not improved in their attack cos the team has struggled to score goals this season compared to last season but Barca has improved marginally with the arrival of Saviola and Eidur Gudjohnsen so in all Barca has a big advantage.
I am not a prophet of doom but i naturally expect Chelsea to drop 6 points against Barca in those 2 tricky ties.
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by kitaun(m): 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2006
You refused to point out the fact that Chelsea can be aptly described as an Efficient team that is always ready to go for the kill cool

How many of Barca matches have you watched this season that has got you applauding them why not refer to the demolition by Sevilla which i rightly perdicted to you but you said it was never going to happen, remind me of the scoreline, was it not 3-0 in favour of Sevilla with all the Dinho, Messi and co present on the field, i know you like Dinho but does it not look obvious that he is past it, *well at least for now he looks so* tongue

First question you even asked was Chelsea to win in London? Are you kidding me? so you did not even give them the respect of playing and winning at home which they have had a strong edge over most teams in Europe, na wah o! grin

Ashley Cole/Messi might be one funny stuff to watch really because Ashley aint playing good at thge moment, better still Wayne Bridge in the fray will be better, same also Cannibal MUST NOT be used by the gaffer or else Yawa Go Gas grin grin

I find it also funny that you kept on about how good the defence of Barca were fast becoming forgetting that the pivot of the team-Puyol has lost form a great deal and is fast becoming a shadow of his former self tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by Jackal(m): 9:06pm On Oct 12, 2006
Chelski lost at home the last time these 2 teams met.
Do u need any other conviction to believe Barca is a better team than all Premiership teams waxed together?
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by Akolawole(m): 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2006
@BolaOni

You know i dont like all these flicks_blinded_player like Messi and Ronaldinho.

I watched them every weekend and they are beatable.

If not for Thiery Henry, Arsenal would have been UCL cup holders.

What did they play against Arsenal in Paris?

How many times did your Dino go past Ebou?

Both are good players but i dont like their style of play at all. TOO FLASHY & TOO INJURY-PRONE
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by Akolawole(m): 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2006
Jackal:

Do u need any other conviction to believe Barca is a better team than all Premiership teams waxed together?

1) Does that include United? grin

I can handpicked 11 players in the premiership excluding players from top 4 teams that can beat them silly.
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by Akolawole(m): 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2006
Jackal:

Jose should know better than pouring sand on the pitch yet again.

Sand on the pitch?

Not even Chelsea of 7 years ago could do that.

The match can go either way but the result is not even going to shake me
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by kitaun(m): 10:48pm On Oct 12, 2006
Jackal, are u kidding me? U mean you feel like spurting blasphemy like dt which u just posted
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by Jackal(m): 10:55pm On Oct 12, 2006
Premiership all stars CANNOT, i repeat CANNOT defeat Barca.
The best team in the world in terms of entertainement and getting good results.
Chelsea to beat Barca? Try El-Kanemi to beat AC Milan. grin

I am a Man U fan by birth but i wont be blinded by sheer patriotism to think any team has Barca's quality.
Barcelona will rip, damage, demolish, skin and destroy any English team home and away with EASE.
Have u guys forgotten what happened the last time the 2 teams met?

How do u stop a rampaging Messi on his day?
Who can match Ronaldinho's mercurial skills? Joe Cole or Robben?
Please, don't get it twisted. Barcelona is in anutha level of crisp football.
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by Akolawole(m): 11:01pm On Oct 12, 2006
Jackal:

1) Barcelona will rip, damage, demolish, skin and destroy any English team home and away with EASE.

2) How do u stop a rampaging Messi on his day?

3) Who can match Ronaldinho's mercurial skills? Joe Cole or Robben?

1) I will keep your prediction for future

2) & 3)

The same way both play very well in the world cup( the biggest stage in world football) and score 20 goals each grin
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by kitaun(m): 12:15am On Oct 13, 2006
I can't remember dinho being at the world cup, was he there?
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by kitaun(m): 12:19am On Oct 13, 2006
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by kitaun(m): 12:20am On Oct 13, 2006
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by justkunmi(m): 10:53am On Oct 13, 2006
was brazil at the world cup??
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by CrazyMan(m): 11:06am On Oct 13, 2006
justkunmi:

was brazil at the world cup??
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Yes!!
or have you forgotten?
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by bolaoni(m): 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2006
Don't mind all of them jare.

The match is just some days away, so we'll see.

Anyway, let's enjoy this weekend. kiss
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by loyika(m): 4:38pm On Oct 13, 2006
Chelski vs Barca cool Battle of Armeggadon vol 3 part 1 and 2

ok here goes

First let me deal with Oga kola's initial thread

Every team does things that are within the law in trying to get an advantage over another team. so the stadium stuff is not new. Even Arsene tries to make sure the pitches both at highbury and the Grove suit Arsenal's way of playing, thats why the pitch is generally watered to make it slick for easy quick pass move, and the grass is cut so low so that the balls are not slowed down (thats why he always makes excuses tongue when Arsenal lose by blaming the pitch of other clubs)

A clear example of this was when Pompey were angry that their game against Arsenal last season was prosphoned when Arsenal complained about the water logged pitch, whereas Harry R felt the pitch was playable (because he knew his team were used to playing under those conditions and would have a legitimate advantage over the visitors)

This is a legitimate strategy, the problem with Chelski is that the whole thing sounds cynical embarassed. WHY ONLY BARCA last year as well, Must you always do work on your pitch when ever barca comes calling grin. why must the tie always be shrouded in one mystery or the other. just play the damn game over any pitch and beat them .

Anyway on the other hand, Barca have a ready made excuse if they lose, what next!? chelsea put itching powder on the seats of the opposing teams dressing rooms!?
Typical spanish tross tongue, even if a truck load of sand is poured on the pitch, if you are the best team in the world, as we all keep hearing, you should win anywhere. Pray tell what did W Bremen do to almost give you a bloody nose (thank God for Messi)

Some how i feel we might not hear the end of this issue come tuesday!!

Now to the match analysis cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Stamford Or "sandford" Bridge by kitaun(m): 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2006
@Jackal

Please could you tell how meaningfully well Dinho played at the World cup or if he made more impact than Robben and Cole, if am not wrong those 2 players scored at the Mundial but Bros Gaucho decided to go and do Fashion Parade at the Mundial and he was no where to be found after they all had boasted that it was his World Cup shocked grin, as you know London is a beautiful place and he might decide to come and count the bridges in London starting with Stamford Bridge abi na Sandford Bridge

Abeg spare me all this talk of whether na sand abi na mud them wan pour on top field, which of them come from ajebo background no be from sand sand field them all start to dey play ball, even our super eagles sef dey make me laugh atimes wey them go dey talk say field wey some of our opponents dey carry them go atimes no dey good, make them stop that talk o! no be all of them be ajekpaki ni? grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fifa U17: Enugu Centre In Pictures / French Team Refuses To Train / Pretty Sporty Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.