Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) (6540 Views)

Nigeria Deploys New Contingent Of Police Officers To Somalia [Photos] / Nigerian Policeman To Celebrate His Birthday In The War Front In Somalia. Photos / I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:11am On Oct 22, 2015
Look at the cities of Somalia (one of the poorest countries in Africa) and compare it to most cities in Nigeria (one of the richest countries in Africa). YOU BE THE JUDGE.

Mind you, Somalia is technically still at war. Imagine if they had real peace.

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by jlinkd78(m): 3:12am On Oct 22, 2015
beautiful
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:12am On Oct 22, 2015
more

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 22, 2015
Somalia pics

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by trapQ: 3:15am On Oct 22, 2015
nothing special here. our standards are too low in africa

9 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 22, 2015
more

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by azzima(m): 3:19am On Oct 22, 2015
Nothing special AT ALL

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 22, 2015
azzima:
Nothing special AT ALL

Your attitude is the reason why if given another 100 years, Nigeria will never develop. If this somalia that has been at war for the past 35 years can still manage to have cities that that look like this, then something is fundamentally wrong with Nigeria. I can post pictures of some Nigerian cities so we can compare but I choose not to go that route.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:30am On Oct 22, 2015
more

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:32am On Oct 22, 2015
somalia

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by FastShipping: 3:35am On Oct 22, 2015
shocked
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Ilekeh(f): 3:40am On Oct 22, 2015
Sorry, none of this will EVER make me travel to Somalia. I'd rather take my chances with the land of the rising crime.

8 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by bukster(f): 3:40am On Oct 22, 2015
Impressive
Our government has really wasted all the money Nigeria gained from oil. When I look at poorer countries that are more developed than than Nigeria (and there are many), I feel like throwing up. Nigeria has been cursed with such terrible leaders.

4 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:40am On Oct 22, 2015
somalia

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 22, 2015
this is somalia

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 22, 2015
Ok last pic

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 22, 2015
Trash!
bukster:
Impressive
Our government has really wasted all the money Nigeria gained from oil. When I look at poorer countries that are more developed than than Nigeria (and there are many), I feel like throwing up. Nigeria has been cursed with such terrible leaders.
black men are actually cursed!!! Descendants of the Cursed son of Noah!!! Will send u a page on NL detailing it.
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by menix(m): 3:51am On Oct 22, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Your attitude is the reason why if given another 100 years, Nigeria will never develop. If this somalia that has been at war for the past 35 years can still manage to have cities that that look like this, then something is fundamentally wrong with Nigeria. I can post pictures of some Nigerian cities so we can compare but I choose not to go that route.

No mind that snuff boy..
Seriously if u flying into some African countries by day u will notice that Nigeria has the worst Aerial view.

Try flying at night, nah so so darkness u go see, any light u see from above nah Local govt chairman house the light from.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 3:57am On Oct 22, 2015
menix:

No mind that snuff boy..
Seriously if u flying into some African countries by day u will notice that Nigeria has the worst Aerial view.

Try flying at night, nah so so darkness u go see, any light u see from above nah Local govt chairman house the light from.

Nigerians need to start telling themselves the truth. Yes, I know the truth is bitter but it will free us from mental bondage and help us develope if we are serious about preserving this flawed union.

2 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by inme: 4:01am On Oct 22, 2015
NOTHING SPECIAL JOR

2 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 22, 2015
inme:
NOTHING SPECIAL JOR

A country that has been at war for over 30 years still managed to develope its cities better than most Nigerian cities and you say nothing special?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 22, 2015
Looks better than Abuja. This is what annoys me when Nigerians brag about development

3 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Pavore9: 4:48am On Oct 22, 2015
We really need to step up as a people.
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Warlord3000(m): 4:54am On Oct 22, 2015
Many of those structures are new structures...

While. Some of the ancient cities or towns in Nigeria still has the same roofing or bricks or mud of the 1930s on it...

Am. Glad Somalia is getting better...
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 22, 2015
Warlord3000:
Many of those structures are new structures...

While. Some of the ancient cities or towns in Nigeria still has the same roofing or bricks or mud of the 1930s on it...

Am. Glad Somalia is getting better...

Those brown zinc roofing from the 1930s have to go. Besides white people still use bricks to build beautiful modern houses. What is stopping us from knocking down those rotten old mud houses and build modern ones with bricks? A city can be ancient but the buildings in it doesn't have to be.

3 Likes

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by vanunu: 5:26am On Oct 22, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Those brown zinc roofing from the 1930s have to go. Besides white people still use bricks to build beautiful modern houses. What is stopping us from knocking down those rotten old mud houses and build modern ones with bricks? A city can be ancient but the buildings in it doesn't have to be.

When people lie to themselves and hate their brothers, they remain poor.

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 22, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Shut up, all these pics are mediocrities
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 22, 2015
liberty300:
Looks better than Abuja. This is what annoys me when Nigerians brag about development
i concur, it looks better than this

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by vanunu: 5:35am On Oct 22, 2015
People from somalia travel a lot and operate small scale business all over the world, that explains the rapid development in somalia. When you don't travel you limit your opportunities.

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 22, 2015
espionagesavvy:

Shut up, all these pics are mediocrities

Not as mediocre as these ones.

1 Like

Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by tpiander: 5:58am On Oct 22, 2015
wow, you folks like Nigeria so much you even built green and white houses.

that's nice, very impressive.
Re: The Somalia You Don't Know (pics) by tpiander: 5:59am On Oct 22, 2015
vanunu:
People from somalia travel a lot and operate small scale business all over the world, that explains the rapid development in somalia. When you don't travel you limit your opportunities.

umhum.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Donald Trump Snubs Buhari, Calls Other World Leaders / Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts / Leaked Phone Call Between Ex Gov Amosun & Shettima On GEJ, 2015 Elections & More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.