Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,432 members, 7,800,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! (42305 Views)

Croatian Firefighters Respond To Emergency Just Before Rakitic Played Penalty / Nigerian Policeman Spotted Sleeping With His Rifle While On Duty. Photos / Michele Ekure Receives AIT Staff From ICT Department (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Spybradd: 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
well you guys should call tambouwal (wetin tambowal mean na?) and tell to call...emm..fayemi,shikena,ba magana,walai..
grin
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by AreaFada2: 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
omusiliyu:
sleeping while on duty is a criminal offense. esp. for medical workers

Not necessarily true. There's usually more than one on duty.

When it's a bit quiet, a 20 or 30 minutes snooze does wonders. Especially between 1 and 4am.

A very tired medic is more likely to make mistakes with certain decisions, especially if no seniors around.

1 Like

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
visit www.blissblaze.com for latest updates you can trust always. Don't dull today. Also learn how to make money without stress with a simple referral program. Also join as a konga affiliate today.
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by ziccoit: 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
Segadem:
op, it will be better for u to close this thread, a doctor that is on call (for night duty) is to work for minimum of eight hours, so u are telling the world that u are sleeping during your working hours which u are paid for?

This is the meaning of night duty call, obviously you don't know. It mean a doctor works nonstop for 32hrs. He resumes work 8am in the morning and starts call the same day by 4pm by staying behind in the hospital till 8am the following day. He then resume normal work again the following day 8am till 4pm. Imagine such a person doesn't sleep at all, how do you expect him to be productive? A doc who is not psychologically healthy would not be able to care for his patient adequately.

Op,,I think the CMD of that Hosp is your problem. Not the government. He seems not responsible.

3 Likes

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by nervorum: 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
bigtt76:
Na queen's sized bed ona wan sleep?

Not surprised.

Our 'leaders of tomorrow' obviously lack the mental capacity to appreciate problems, how much more synthesize and talk about solutions.

How true that a people deserve the type of leaders they get

1 Like

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by topas100(m): 4:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
Funny!
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by coursehybridrep(m): 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
LadyFiona:

So pitiful. Even patients has the luxury of hospital bedsheets.
u no go like sLeep with bedsheet
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Drabrah(m): 4:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
LadyFiona:
[b]Hope they won't revoke your residency training [/b]because of this.

So pitiful. Even patients has the luxury of hospital bedsheets.
D guy never said he was a resident ooo!
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Segadem(m): 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
ziccoit:

This is the meaning of night duty call, obviously you don't know. It mean a doctor works nonstop for 32hrs. He resumes work 8am in the morning and starts call the same day by 4pm by staying behind in the hospital till 8am the following day. He then resume normal work again the following day 8am till 4pm. Imagine such a person doesn't sleep at all, how do you expect him to be productive? A doc who is not psychologically healthy would not be able to care for his patient adequately.

Op,,I think the CMD of that Hosp is your problem. Not the government. He seems not responsible.
OK, thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Almightytime: 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
They should remove the bed,so our Doctors woukd be more productive. WORK AND NOT SLEEP.
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by gajerian(m): 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
Pzone:
Hi, I worked at Usmanu Danfodio University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH), Sokoto and I can tell you for sure that I have slept on this bed many times during my night shifts.

Even the female doctors sleep on it during the night shift at the Casualty department.

How can one sleep on this kind of bed and be productive? If any Doctor feels O.K with this, his psyche must be damaged.

We need a total overhaul of the Nigerian healthcare delivery sector. Sadly, this may elude us for many years to come.

Is it possible to move this to frontpage? People need to see.

Dem say make you go work no be sleep oo
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by gajerian(m): 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
ziccoit:

Resign
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Segzy19: 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
Selfish lot! Why don't you advocate for a better patient bed instead of your own bed.
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
Sincerely I see nothing wrong with that bed, I only see a dirty room occupied by dirty humans.

Afterall, that's the same size of bed a sick patient sleeps on. If I happened to work there, I would come with my own pillow case and bedsheet. I actually go with mine whenever I am hospitalised.

My health is my wealth. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by tunesoft(m): 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
One..I will say doctors in that hospital better stand up and help themselves. Raise like 5k each and make your call room more comfortable. For the ignorant ones that feel they came to work and not...well I don't blame you. Naps are needed during call hours or simply lying down for some minutee to cool off...that is if chanced. So face your wowork and let then doctors mind theirs

1 Like

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
persius555:
Could this be the reason why most hospital staffs are harsh towards their patients?
A harsh staff will be harsh even if they are given a luxurious bed. Sleeping is not their priority. I will take the op seriously if he shows the picture a terrible bed in the ward. After all, how much does a six spring mattrass cost? Stingy things!
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Drsmiles(m): 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
Some comments just baffle me
Take a look at an average resident or A and E doctors roster and see if u can do it with the same salary and what u put into getting to the point they are
People just comment without even giving their brains time to digest it

How many of your DOGS sleep in a bed as bad as this
Well the brain drain continues
People that matter keep going everywhere else apart from government hospitals
Then annoyingly nairalanders keep posting appalling comments
Even in Sudan their call room beds aren't as bad as this
# DISGUSTED

6 Likes

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Babalawoo: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
OMG! What Nigerians are posting here is so eye opening. Any doctor that decides to practice in Nigeria needs his head examined. Doctors need to go to places where they'll be well paid and their services appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by ooshinibos: 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nigeria is not a country , it a make shift nation
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by idu1(m): 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
Are u not corrupt ursef!? Pzone

How much is ur salary?

U are taking noting less than 200k evry month..

What's stoping u from buying 6k foam there?

Must government do evrytin for u?

Are u not d one sleeping on the bed?

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Doctors indeed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by d33types: 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
Almightytime:
They should remove the bed,so our Doctors woukd be more productive. WORK AND NOT SLEEP.

Doctor works non stop for 36hours ..then your relative comes around and Mr Doctor makes a fatal mistake out of tiredness of working for 1day non stop and his patient dies and you scream blue murder.
F,-uck you

1 Like

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by ushafe(m): 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
Segadem:
op, it will be better for u to close this thread, a doctor that is on call (for night duty) is to work for minimum of eight hours, so u are telling the world that u are sleeping during your working hours which u are paid for?
Don't pretend here, there is always aresting time resting time for productivity, so keep quiet.
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by ushafe(m): 5:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
idu1:
Are u not corrupt ursef!? Pzone

How much is ur salary?

U are taking noting less than 200k evry month..

What's stoping u from buying 6k foam there?

Must government do evrytin for u?

Are u not d one sleeping on the bed?

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Doctors indeed
Pls tell him to show us patent bed
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Cooljoe1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
itsIYKE:
It even has tarpouline incase some doctors bedwet.....NICE
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by xtervaganza(m): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
I know it sounds stupid but you can buy a small bed na

How much will it cost?
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by darlenese(f): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
Are u suppose to sleep at night duty?

I don't expect u to leave or house and sleep on duty, its better u stay in your house nau

Yeye fowl

2 Likes

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by firstolalekan(m): 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Pzone:
Hi, I worked at Usmanu Danfodio University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH), Sokoto and I can tell you for sure that I have slept on this bed many times during my night shifts.

Even the female doctors sleep on it during the night shift at the Casualty department.

How can one sleep on this kind of bed and be productive? If any Doctor feels O.K with this, his psyche must be damaged.

We need a total overhaul of the Nigerian healthcare delivery sector. Sadly, this may elude us for many years to come.

Is it possible to move this to frontpage? People need to see.
Shut up your mouth

This is a very irresponsible mindset

Must government do everything for you ?

How much do you collect as salary Nothing less than 250k How much is mattress Maybe 5k
How much is pillow Maybe 1k

Can't you afford that
May your greed not kill you earlier

Ode

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by bigtt76(f): 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
I've received several mentions over my earlier comment on this issue. It baffles me the way people think shaaa and are quick to start insulting or judging ones reasoning without themselves having time to reason the reason behind the comment grin

Let me state this that I'm not insensitive to the issue at hand or believe the doctors should be treated any worse than reported but the thing is that we are seeing a one-sided version. If I may ask, are the patients at the hospital treated any better? I doubt it undecided

The genesis of this poor facility is no doubt related to the excessive clamoring of better remuneration by the professionals in the country today at the detriment of the provision of good facilities.

Lecturers, doctors, nurses etc wants to be well recuperated which in itself is well deserved but what about the object of the well recuperated professionals? The students, the patients, the general citizens etc? Are they well taken care off?

I bet you if the OP were to present us with a clear picture of the wards you will find even worse yet he's concerned about his and other resident doctors well being for the night shift. Who deserves better bargain? The doctors or the patients?

When you spend more trying to renumerate professionals with little left to upgrade facilities then there lies the real problem.

3 Likes

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by SmilingHarry(m): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
Question: Are they being paid a fat salary to go and sleep ?
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by charger09(m): 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
bigtt76:
Na queen's sized bed ona wan sleep?
oloshi haters!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs. / Nwabueze Eucharia, A Graduate Of UNIZIK Paints & Tiles (Pics) / Money Cakes: Nigerians Keep Emulating Habits That Kill Jobs (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.