Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! (42310 Views)

Croatian Firefighters Respond To Emergency Just Before Rakitic Played Penalty / Nigerian Policeman Spotted Sleeping With His Rifle While On Duty. Photos / Michele Ekure Receives AIT Staff From ICT Department (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by tharaomo(f): 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nt fair .....hope d hospital i wud work in wunt be dis bad
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by shoboy9: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
What our society has forgotten is that a doctor that is not at his/her best is a risk to human life. Especially for drs tasked with dealing with emergencies. I know many will see this as just another case of corruption but in truth, this poor working condition has contributed to many deaths over the years. But as a society do we care what kind of condition we receive treatment?

2 Likes

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Juxtified(m): 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
Bollinger:

What action would you suggest. You are asking as if you don't understand nigeria.
My call room at a private hospital where i worked, the curtain hanger pulled off the wall and the WC stopped flushing. After talking to the MD for days and he was forming busy, I bought a hammer N400 and nails N50, and i nailed it back in place myself. As for the WC I bought drinks worth N200 for a plumber who was under contract at a site opposite the hospital and he came & fixed it up promptly.
Little steps can go a long way...At times you may not even need to spend your own money, just talking to the appropriate person (e.g. the CMD, ARD officials, etc) can go a long way

2 Likes

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by phkka1(m): 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
Even if the Government does nothing about that; can't the doctors just white cloth and get that bed dressed. Too poor to behold.
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by donJ2(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
At least derz a bed....

In FMC owerri A&E, Med Lab Scientists sleep on the Lab. receptionist table....you sit on ur seat, with your head bent on the table till you r done with ur call...

During my time there, we agitated, buh the tyrany of the then Adim was so horrible...all departmental heads wer afraid of 'You know who'...the MD

2 Likes

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Juxtified(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
darlenese:
Are u suppose to sleep at night duty?

I don't expect u to leave or house and sleep on duty, its better u stay in your house nau

Yeye fowl
The level of ignorance on Nairaland is baffling. Little wonder the high failure rate in JAMB, WASC, NECO nowadays. I'm sure if Nigeria were to get a new name, it would be Nairaland!

3 Likes

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by IYANGBALI: 7:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
that pillow don suffer but he still fine pass rokiatu and vickyrotex own grin grin grin
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by BodyKiss(m): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nairaland is messsed up, look at most of the comments, all kid's like.
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
The situation is not unusual, in fact in some other climes you will find the doctors making do with whatever they can find, often in quite creative ways - attached are some examples.

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by prolifikVj: 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
I think Seun should create a "dislike" en even "strongly dislike" option for comments.
The insensitivity of some comments here is heart-wrenching!!
Doctors are humans too!
Enough said.
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
Pzone:
Hi, I worked at Usmanu Danfodio University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH), Sokoto and I can tell you for sure that I have slept on this bed many times during my night shifts.

Even the female doctors sleep on it during the night shift at the Casualty department.

How can one sleep on this kind of bed and be productive? If any Doctor feels O.K with this, his psyche must be damaged.

We need a total overhaul of the Nigerian healthcare delivery sector. Sadly, this may elude us for many years to come.

Op except you did your horsemanship about 10yrs ago then I'd believe your story.
I recently did my housejob at UDUTH and this isn't the bed we slept on at the A/E.
The call room is not the best anyone can hope for, but it's certainly not this bad. It's fitted with a medium sized bed with a frame, a refrigerator, a TV set and an air condition unit.

Is it possible to move this to frontpage? People need to see.

Op except you did your housemanship about 10yrs ago then I'd believe your story.
I recently did my housejob at UDUTH and this isn't the bed we slept on at the A/E.
The call room is not the best anyone can hope for, but it's certainly not this bad. It's fitted with a medium sized bed with a frame, a refrigerator, a TV set and an air condition unit.
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Bollinger(m): 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Juxtified:

My call room at a private hospital where i worked, the curtain hanger pulled off the wall and the WC stopped flushing. After talking to the MD for days and he was forming busy, I bought a hammer N400 and nails N50, and i nailed it back in place myself. As for the WC I bought drinks worth N200 for a plumber who was under contract at a site opposite the hospital and he came & fixed it up promptly.
Little steps can go a long way...At times you may not even need to spend your own money, just talking to the appropriate person (e.g. the CMD, ARD officials, etc) can go a long way

Nice. That's pretty generous on your part. But, the hospital in question is not a half way house but a hospital. A federal hospital at that. It is not his job to fix whatever deficiency there is. His job is to maintain in his own part whatever facility exist in the hospital i.e don't leave trash around, switch of lights when you are not in a room, don't waste water etc. The hospital has a budget and a maintenance unit (i hope), and their job is to maintain the facility. It is a wrong mentality to use one's personal funds to maintain a work place. Absolutely wrong. Doing that perpetuates the rot in the establishment. At least that is how it's done in saner societies.

3 Likes

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by drt: 8:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
olrotimi:

Op except you did your housemanship about 10yrs ago then I'd believe your story.

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Pzone: 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
olrotimi:

Hey bro, I was a registrar & not a house-officer, I believe we don't share call rooms with H.Os. If you're not a surgical resident, family physician of Medical officer doing casualty posting, then you're not likely to have entered this call room, Its A&E HODs office improvised into a call room, its just next to the nurses desk. I believe you A&E houseofficers have a room just next to the dressing room, its still a horrible place though!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Juxtified(m): 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
Bollinger:

Nice. That's pretty generous on your part. But, the hospital in question is not a half way house but a hospital. A federal hospital at that. It is not his job to fix whatever deficiency there is. His job is to maintain in his own part whatever facility exist in the hospital i.e don't leave trash around, switch of lights when you are not in a room, don't waste water etc. The hospital has a budget and a maintenance unit (i hope), and their job is to maintain the facility. It is a wrong mentality to use one's personal funds to maintain a work place. Absolutely wrong. Doing that perpetuates the rot in the establishment. At least that is how it's done in saner societies.
smh
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by nursemyke: 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
Pzone:
Hi, I worked at Usmanu Danfodio University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH), Sokoto and I can tell you for sure that I have slept on this bed many times during my night shifts.

Even the female doctors sleep on it during the night shift at the Casualty department.

How can one sleep on this kind of bed and be productive? If any Doctor feels O.K with this, his psyche must be damaged.

We need a total overhaul of the Nigerian healthcare delivery sector. Sadly, this may elude us for many years to come.

Is the Chief Medical Director not a fellow Doctor? What has he been doing with the hospital IGR? CMAC, Dean and Sub-dean clinicals are all Doctors, so who do we blame?
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by iamkingzlee(m): 11:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
kingtom do you sleep on something similar undecided
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by flightz(f): 11:28pm On Oct 22, 2015
darlenese:
Are u suppose to sleep at night duty?

I don't expect u to leave or house and sleep on duty, its better u stay in your house nau

Yeye fowl
call is diff from shift. Ignorance! And, I'm no doctor, before u come for ma head.
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by KingTom(m): 11:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
iamkingzlee:
kingtom do you sleep on something similar undecided
Na my wrapper Wey I spread for ground o cry
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Chukzy44(m): 12:19am On Oct 23, 2015
veekid:
Okay so now what?
must u show ur naivity around dis place.u dnt just have to comment every,dats just d truth
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by lexy2920(m): 8:01am On Oct 23, 2015
Well!!!, most doctors don't sleep dey only rest wen they are on call duty. But still that bed is just too bad. If Govt can provide proper bed they too should make them self confortable
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Adortem: 8:36am On Oct 23, 2015
This thread is annoying,you know why? Most of you doctors collect more that 200k per month or more,so you are expecting the government again to come and buy mattress,pillow,bedsheet,duvet...for you again,don't you have an association? Better still,if you buy it,since you aint comfortable with it,is it a problem?Atleast,you too would be said to have contributed something. We all are fond of blaming government for everything,what contribution are you making,how productive are you? This thread is just embarassing!
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by KALITO30(m): 8:37am On Oct 23, 2015
Pzone:

I'm sure your salary can help you get a better mattress you don't have to wait for the government,you can begin the change we have all clamoured for
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by puranovic: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2015
Now d Engineers have known d problem of residence doctors, I promise they will construct a big and better bed
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by Fearcom(m): 9:32am On Oct 23, 2015
The treatment doctors receive far outweighs the treatment other health workers receive.

At least you have a bed. Other health workers sleep on the table/chair/floor.
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by puranovic: 9:39am On Oct 23, 2015
Now d Engineers have known d problem of d residence doctors, I promise they will construct a better bed kiss
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by puranovic: 9:46am On Oct 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by darlenese(f): 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
Juxtified:

The level of ignorance on Nairaland is baffling. Little wonder the high failure rate in JAMB, WASC, NECO nowadays. I'm sure if Nigeria were to get a new name, it would be Nairaland!

Go get a job
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by darlenese(f): 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
flightz:
call is diff from shift. Ignorance! And, I'm no doctor, before u come for ma head.

I already have ur head!
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by darlenese(f): 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
flightz:

U are not even a doctor ! Then why the post?
Re: Doctors' Call Duty Bed At UDUTH Accident & Emergency Department!!! by flightz(f): 6:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
darlenese:

U are not even a doctor ! Then why the post?

to enlighten you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs. / Nwabueze Eucharia, A Graduate Of UNIZIK Paints & Tiles (Pics) / Money Cakes: Nigerians Keep Emulating Habits That Kill Jobs (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.