Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,779 members, 7,806,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

KPMG: My Temp Experience - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / KPMG: My Temp Experience (52685 Views)

KPMG Salary Structure: Salary Payment Of Staffs Of KPMG Nigeria / KPMG Undergraduate Internship / Farewell To KPMG (My Final Temp Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Pebcak: 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
grin
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by athaboi(f): 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
Well done Uwuodo Edwin..my classmate back then in St Teresa's. Johnmartins really produced genius..all the best bro
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Kimoni: 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
Interesting write up. As you go further up, you begin to see things in a different light. You think nothing of the skyscrapers or the three course lunch. All you see are your goals, deliverables and targets. Hmnnnnn, it becomes very hot from then on...

Enjoy your early days...very well deserved but trust me, the euphoria doesn't last for too long sad

21 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by abbey621(m): 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
You don't have to be a genius to work at KPMG, you just have to be enlightened. I've also done some temp. work for KPMG and they are fantastic! The company I work for presently hires temp. from KPMG all the time to fill some of our technical needs and most time these temps are just normal professionals trained properly. Our problem in Nigeria is that the universities are still using syllabus from 1970s and refuse to expose undergraduates to real world applications and/or technologies.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ok good ..... I love to hear names like these where you know you quality is never compromised ...... KPMG, PWC, GE ,Shell ,BAT. sadly , we barely have them talk about their compnaies on here .

3 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by airsaylongcon: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
With all due respect, there's a plethora of the so-called geniuses working all over Nigeria. Go to BAT, P&G, RECKITT, UNILEVER not mentioning the variety of local and foreign oil and gas firms. I wouldn't refer to them as geniuses rather as highly driven, highly motivated, goal seeking agents. Its a dog eat dog world out there in the corporate environment and everyone has to position himself at an advantage. They are very intelligent but not geniuses. Besides whoever said intelligence was a yardstick for success

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by dataland: 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
Still reading... btw

Buymtn 1gig data for #800 2gig #1500
Check ma profile
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by airsaylongcon: 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
abbey621:
You don't have to be a genius to work at KPMG, you just have to be enlightened. I've also done some temp. work for KPMG and they are fantastic! The company I work for presently hires temp. from KPMG all the time to fill some of our technical needs and most time these temps are just normal professionals trained properly. Our problem in Nigeria is that the universities are still using syllabus from 1970s and refuse to expose undergraduates to real world applications and/or technologies.

The bold says it all! Very well succinctly put

3 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by codemaster2much: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
G
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by dramenda(f): 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
You are good writer.

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by anonimi: 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
Thank OP for beautifully telling your nice story.
Unfortunately WE do too little about TAX thereby making our country so BACKWARD despite its huge potentials.
Very sad!
Very pathetic!!!
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Ephemmm: 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
juddexy2:
Yeah, Our Educational System one way or the other also contribute to your Premise

How has this erased the 'contract staff syndrome' I heard they have introduced too? Imagine a multinational company with strong reputation like this giving room for aberration like that which cannot be practiced in other countries.

May God save us here in Nigeria where anything goes.

4 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by drnelson: 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
[size=18pt]all this enjoyment from money looted from the coffers of Nigerian treasury....is it not KPMG that specialize in collecting bribe to hide tax for big oil companies?[/size]

grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by j4sure(m): 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
Heyah
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
I can relate to this.

Save a brief, few months stint at an investment institution, I have had all my career in the oil and gas industry, but I always advise younger folks who want to get the best training in taxation, accounting, auditing, etc to go and start their career in any of the Big 4 (PwC, KPMG, Deloitte and Ernst & Young).

These are the best training ground anyone can seek.

I remember when I was having a post-interview chat with the COO of an oil company shortly after my NYSC in 2008, she, herself an accountant, asked me why I wanted to start my accounting with them, and not with these Big 4 professional services firms. I kept mute, smiling. Actually, I was undergoing KPMG recruitment at the same time (dumped it for the oil company, which offer came faster).

I know virtually everyone in the tax department of KPMG and I think these guys are good professionals. It is no doubt a great training ground.

I personally rate PwC #1 in Nigeria, but I think these guys are doing very well.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Wealthycharles(m): 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
@op have u heard of General Electric(GE),sneider electric, baker hudges, sahara group? if yes....then kpmg dey learn.

10 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Yanks101: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
KPMG is just the replica of schlumberger for engineers.
If you are not a first class graduate, the chance of getting a job in those two coys is very slim indeed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Yanks101: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Yanks101: 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
Wealthycharles:
@op have u heard of General Electric(GE),sneider electric, baker hudges, sahara group? if yes....then kpmg dey learn.
American companies generally have working environments like this.

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by claremont(m): 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
A friend of mine who studied Zoology many years ago got a job at KPMG. He is now domiciled in Scotland working for KPMG as an expatriate. Lucky chap.

6 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Rdduite(m): 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
Summary, work hard as if you whole life is totally depended on it and pray hard to God cause nothing is impossible for God to do. success only easily comes to the prepared mind

2 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by hyperflex(m): 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
In the world where mediocres are millionaires. KPMG is doing a lot for the learned but our educational system is somewhat our demise if we let it. I don't apply sotay I don't begin deyblose hope and not only to kpmg alone. Sometimes this employers forget not all first class can be defended. I for one read for my 2.2 but alas no job. But life has proven I can be anything I wanna be so I am on a sojourn of self improvement and realization. KPMG can keep their job but when I start hiring graduates we'd be on the same level. To everyone who graduated less than a first class I want u to never give up hope. You didn't study Engineering, Law, Medicine...companies won't hire you cuz of that just make sure u know what u want out of life. Never lay on ur bed defeated. People have been in ur situation and never gave up. All these companies want us to have stellar certificates and experience but we got little money for that. They would never understand. God bless

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
Yanks101:
KPMG is just the replica of schlumberger for engineers.
If you are not a first class graduate, the chance of getting a job in those two coys is very slim indeed.

Not exactly. They take 2.1 and First Class. These grades will only get you test invite with them, it doesn't guarantee you automatic test if you fail their test.

4 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by wman(m): 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
This is a beautiful thread about to be soiled by the cesspool that the front page is.

This thread is motivating me so much.
I must work very hard to achieve my goals.
I must develop myself as much as I can.
I must make myself the best of the best with God's help.

3 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by deebsman1(m): 6:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
Interesting topic. But my own take still remains....if u r lucky enuff and academically good enuff to find a place in those top companies, good for u but if not, all hopes is not....with individual zeal and luck, u can be way more successful than the guys that initially have d opportunity to start off with those gr8 companies.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by fabre4: 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
"I have shared with you the beautiful part of my journey here, but what you may not perceive here is that behind the story were lots of late nights and pains".

FULLSTOP[b]"I have shared with you the beautiful part of my journey here, but what you may not perceive here is that behind the story were lots of late nights and pains".

FULLSTOP[/b]"I have shared with you the beautiful part of my journey here, but what you may not perceive here is that behind the story were lots of late nights and pains".

FULLSTOP
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
The major reason why I am eagerly putting these lines carefully is to wake up some of us in the Eastern part of Nigeria, especially those in University of Nigeria. There are lots of opportunities out here. One of the devastating lies I learnt in the school is that there is no job anywhere. Some of our lectures buried us in mediocrity (with due respect). I was pained one day when I shared with a colleague in the office how some of my school guys dream to work in a places like this and do you know what he asked me? “Do people in your school know about us?” It was an innocent and subtle question but he didn’t know I was boiling inside of me already. This write up is resultant from that response. They have the notion that we are not exposed

This was actually what propelled me to float my career blog, JarusHub, in 2013, and wrote my book, The Road to Victoria Island.

Lack of access to information is the bane of many Nigerian students and fresh graduates.

12 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by gokuu(m): 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2015
Come on, it's just KPMG. Here in UNILAG we're doing Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch internships in London and New York. Anyway, coming from the coal hinterlands, I must say KPMG might seem quite a (in Donald Trump's voice) HUGE change.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
Please is it only accounting graduate kpmg hires?? What about graduates of human resource n marketing

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by mubarakopeyemi(m): 6:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by hustla(m): 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
I have always known and read about multinationals since my 100 Level

Went to CU and always heard them coming for one exam or the other . A mate of mine currently works there, finished with a 1st class in Economics or so

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Salary Structure In Nigeria / Doctors And Their Pay Packets / Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.