Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

KPMG: My Temp Experience - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / KPMG: My Temp Experience (52699 Views)

KPMG Salary Structure: Salary Payment Of Staffs Of KPMG Nigeria / KPMG Undergraduate Internship / Farewell To KPMG (My Final Temp Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Yanks101: 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
Jarus:

Not exactly. They take 2.1 and First Class. These grades will only get you test invite with them, it doesn't guarantee you automatic test if you fail their test.
Very well.
Schlumberger must be the most competitive work environment in Nigeria then.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by sabi99(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
Good one

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by sabi99(m): 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ugwuodo Edwin and I attended d same secondary school(Saint Teresas College Nsukka). He was our regulator then,he flogged me many times just 2 make me take corrections, but thank God that I av gone this far too because of those corrections he helped me make those days. He was ahead of me with 3classes. I was in Jss3 then (2006/2007). He's always been a good guy who loves politics and law.....we entered UNN d same time n graduated d same time too........there's no limit to what we can achieve. Just keep on keeping on with ur struggles n never settle 4 d less. We should wake up from our dogmatic slumber and tackle our problems. Remember 2 put God first on ur struggle line cos He's d only one who can bring u forth from nothingness into d limelight of unimaginable success. Sometimes its not about him that worketh but Gods grace. Ugwuodo didn't go there because He's d most intelligent no. I was able 2 breakthrough nnpc somehow,but am not d most experienced student engineer. U too can go places when u believe in urself and work hard no matter how little ur beginning seem 2 b.......remember there can be lots n lots of miracles when u believe.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by BrosMayowa(m): 7:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hoping to get into Deloitte by November. God bless Mr. Olumide of PYE house who taught me Audit in 200 L and introduced us to the Big Four.

2 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Yanks101:
Very well.
Schlumberger must be the most competitive work environment in Nigeria then.

I know a 2.2 grad that got Schlum job few years back.

7 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by ucheicon(m): 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
As a graduate of unn i'm disappointed in his characterisation of unn students as not exposed. You should know that he's a law grad and most law students do not tend to see their future with the big four. But he can't say same of the management faculty. Many unn grads of the faculty of business are working in the big four. Yours sincerely, an electronic engineering grad,knew of classmates or people of my dept who worked and are working there. Electronic engineering grads own a lot of software firms doing big biz in nigeria e.g C2G,seamfix,byteworks,parkway projects,first spectrum etc. Your characterisation should have been limited to law students. Even at that,nduka ikeyi a unn law graduate,worked in KPMG and was also lecturing in unn part time before he became enugu attorney general. So law students during this time would have been aware of KPMG. So pls edit that write up and stop displaying your own mental environment as unn or eastern-based students fact!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Mcaise: 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
You my friend, you've got a bright mind.

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by ikescope: 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
I get motivated when I hear from Nigerian youths with elite minds...especially when my fellow superlion and lionesses roar...

I honestly wish 2 meet with most of you...even when we mit not really know one on one...

Most importantly, I wish all of you well in life...not only guys frm UNN though
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by MosesEzekiel: 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
My candid advice to the undergraduates who are reading this write up is to dream big, get necessary info and also come out of sch with good grade.I tell u sky will be ur starting point

2 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by soulRanger(m): 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
juddexy2:

Source: Facebook wall of a good friend, Edwin Ugwuodo Chukwunonso.
https://www.facebook.com/ugwuodo.edwin/posts/1046789995354230

This is a very nice write-up Edwin. Quite motivational... All the best in your future endeavours.. The Tax Club, Unilag promises more opportunities to build more tax giants in d country. As with taxation alone, can we achieve sustainable development and growth.. Anticipate the 3rd edition of the National Tax Debate.. Oyedeji Tobi, Tax Club, Faculty of Law, Unilag.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by juddexy2(m): 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
soulRanger:

This is a very nice write-up Edwin. Quite motivational... All the best in your future endeavours.. The Tax Club, Unilag promises more opportunities to build more tax giants in d country. As with taxation alone, can we achieve sustainable development and growth.. Anticipate the 3rd edition of the National Tax Debate.. Oyedeji Tobi, Tax Club, Faculty of Law, Unilag.
Bring it On Bro, I hope UNN wont wipe you guys again..lol
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by juddexy2(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2015
Mcaise:
You my friend, you've got a bright mind.
Thanks, would pass your message on!
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by ekolina(m): 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
olumide81:
No offense intended....but a good number of Nigerian Graduate can not and never fit into such working enviroment
. Wrong notion my bro, more than 50% of Nigerians in KPMG are graduates from Nigeria universities

3 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by BuddhaPalm(m): 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
I love leisure.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Urine: 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
gokuu:
Come on, it's just KPMG. Here in UNILAG we're doing Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch internships in London and New York. Anyway, coming from the coal hinterlands, I must say KPMG might seem quite a (in Donald Trump's voice) HUGE change.

Goldman Sachs, now someone is talking.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Urine: 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
belzieee:
Please is it only accounting graduate kpmg hires?? What about graduates of human resource n marketing

Even if you studied Yoruba, just make a 2:1 and you will be invited for a test.

8 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by oc2fish: 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
abbey621:
You don't have to be a genius to work at KPMG, you just have to be enlightened. I've also done some temp. work for KPMG and they are fantastic! The company I work for presently hires temp. from KPMG all the time to fill some of our technical needs and most time these temps are just normal professionals trained properly. Our problem in Nigeria is that the universities are still using syllabus from 1970s and refuse to expose undergraduates to real world applications and/or technologies.

Not about our syllabus but the fact that we are not developing the educational system. Imagine a researcher taught by a lecturer that does not know the current trend in his field of study. How will he produce a productive student

5 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by engrrichie92(m): 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
osemwengie1:
. I supprise oh. Nor be Nigerians dey KPMG. Anyway I could not pass KPMG, but got a bigger firm where I currently work.

open a thread and let us know how you did it
we are hungry to learn man
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by heardis: 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
No offence to you too. I have some friends who work there. They fit in perfectly.
olumide81:
No offense intended....but a good number of Nigerian Graduate can not and never fit into such working enviroment
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Orikinla(m): 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
juddexy2:

Source: Facebook wall of a good friend, Edwin Ugwuodo Chukwunonso.
https://www.facebook.com/ugwuodo.edwin/posts/1046789995354230

Welcome to the 21st century of world class offices.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Braaad: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
This is a very inspiring piece... but I have a question for the OP and anybody that can help out.

1. Why does KPMG only hire persons under 26yrs? (How does age below 26 translate into productivity for them)

2. Why cant you get a second chance after writing their test?

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
olumide81:

So you think they employ angels?
Short route to working with them is to have a first class or 2:1 (in any course, I repeat, ANY COURSE) and perform well at their interview.

They always employ Nigerians, oh yes, from any feild if you have the brilliance and charisma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by nwaobipeter(m): 7:44pm On Oct 22, 2015
Sorry
itsIYKE:
I used to work there before I resigned
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Yanks101: 7:45pm On Oct 22, 2015
Jarus:

I know a 2.2 grad that got Schlum job few years back.
I didn't say impossible.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by zezebabyxoxo: 7:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ok

4 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by osolaif: 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2015
I perfectly understand you, I share similar background with you, though am yet to taste the glorious part. Lions and Lionesses need to wake up
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by ifox(m): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
Kudos Ugwuodo, am proud of the write up. Its a motivation. Bonum
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
zezebabyxoxo:

Hello jarus,

I'm an ardent reader of your blog and I absolutely love it. I'm a 300L economics undergraduate of Leadcity university. I've also written my first 4 papers in ACCA. I've been trying really hard to land an internship but none have been forth coming. The experience is kind of giving me a taste of how brutal the job market is, despite having a high cgpa(4.9) and ACCA. Could you give me some tips on how to land a finance internship and if possible take a look at my CV and cover letter(maybe that could be the problem). I dont want to deceive myself and blame it on naija factor, if there are some areas I need to work on. I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Internship culture is still underdeveloped in Nigeria. Many companies just don't think of giving students opportunities to learn about the workplace and gain valuable experience even while still in school. We need more companies to take up this challenge.

Except in few organized programmes like the debate programme the OP said he won and used as opportunity to intern with KPMG, many companies don't have strong internship structure. Most internship opportunities are by informal contacts in the companies. I sent someone's CV to PwC today for internship opportunities, but I got the feedback that they just brought a batch of interns on board and not thinking of recruiting another batch for now.

Not sure I have time to review CV now, but make sure the CV carries your CGPA (which is high).

I can only advise you to keep trying and networking.

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by abbey621(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
oc2fish:
[color=#990000][/color]

Not about our syllabus but the fact that we are not developing the educational system. Imagine a researcher taught by a lecturer that does not know the current trend in his field of study. How will he produce a productive student

It all starts from the syllabus. Even in advanced countries, the syllabus is supposed to be a guideline for each course. Without a complete and updated one, the lecturers can teach basically anything they want. Over here in the States, a professor can actually get in trouble for not going by the syllabus, this shows how much emphasis is placed on it. The syllabus for each course is reviewed every couple of years to ensure it meets present demand in terms of effectiveness

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Penboy: 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
With all this hype gan self, whats the pay package like?
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Adek15(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
BrosMayowa:
Hoping to get into Deloitte by November. God bless Mr. Olumide of PYE house who taught me Audit in 200 L and introduced us to the Big Four.
i'm kinda lost. Do these companies recruit engineers too? Civil engineers to b precise.
Truth is I've no idea what the big 4 is
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by adepiero: 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
If as a easterner you read this and your still shouting "BIAFRA" then you madness is like peak, its in you undecided

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Salary Structure In Nigeria / Doctors And Their Pay Packets / Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.