Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,693 members, 7,805,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle (14907 Views)

"I Am Back To My Position As Vice President, Buhari Is Now In Charge" - Osinbajo / Between The Nnamdi Kanu-led-protest And The Tuface-led-protest?? / 2016 Budget Crisis Confirms My Position That Buhari Is Clueless, Incompetent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
After the announcement of the result of March 28 Presidential election, I recall vividly how some of us brought about the idea of a collective unity of interest and purpose between the South-South and South East geopolitical zones within the Nigeria State. I remember calling for a restructured Nigeria that will promote the interests of all citizens irrespective of ethnic group. I also remember saying that in absence of that, a referendum be held among citizens to determine whether the people of the South South and South East prefer the present Nigeria structure that favours no one over a separate sovereign State, the Lower Niger Congress/Federation that will favor citizens of the region, and also define the right, interest and terms that is acceptable to all ethnic nationalities that make up the 'federation'. I remember maintaining that this struggle should not be seen as confrontation with other groups and regions but must be confined in the most legitimate manner. It should be one that promote the legitimate interest of the SSSE and not one that set the SS/SE against other regions. This remains my position!

Let me state that the struggle for a better Nigeria that promotes good governance, equity and fairness irrespective of ethnic, religious and political affiliation remains my primary objective. The LNF is meant to be an alternative where the hope for restructured Nigeria diminishes. Though some of my brothers either prefer a united Niger Delta Republic or an exclusive indivisible Nigeria. That however, will be determined by a referendum should there be any. I, shall however align myself with the position of my people.

The IPOB Struggle Not Our Interest
The Mr Kanu-led IPOB struggle for an independent Biafra is not in conforminity with legitimate struggle for TWO basic reasons:

1. It promotes hate and violence against the State, other ethnic groups and also against members of Igbo ethnic nationality that does not share the Biafran ideology as preached by Kanu and his IPOB crew. Violence was never part of the UN charter on self-determination

2. The ethnic Nationalities in the Niger-Delta are yet to enter into any agreement with anybody as regard the composition, structure or otherwise of the IPOB proposed country. We are already facing a challenge in Nigeria where our forebearers in their wisdom failed to define terms of our unity as a country. In fact, we are working on correcting these anomalies legitimately.

In addition to the above, I find it disrespectful and insulting on the sensibilities of the Ijaws(Okrikans) and the Ikwerres over claim by some IPOB promoters that Portharcourt belongs to the Igbos and they will "reclaim" it. Unfortunately, no promoter of the IPOB struggle has stated otherwise. For the record, the status of Portharcourt as the exclusive ownership of the Okrikans(PH South) and the Ikwerres is non-negotiable. Specifically, not a single inch of Okrika and other Ijaw land, whether in PH or anywhere else will be surrendered to anyone under any guise.

I recognise and respect the right of everyone to self-determination but I have to state that the Kanu-led IPOB ideology is not what my people desire. I also respect the right of our Igbo brothers to their own interest but I disagree with call for violence as propagated by members of IPOB.

I remain committed to the interest of the Ijaw nation, the Niger-Delta region and also that of every good citizens of the Nigeria State whether Igbo, Yoruba, Berom, Fulani, Igala, Idoma etc.

May God Lead Us Right and Bless Nigeria

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by frankay430(m): 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
ok
Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
Position noted!

2 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by petkoffDrake(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
op! na u sabi

7 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
Cc: Hensben Truckpusher Dearpreye Talktimi Stebell
Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Truckpusher(m): 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by omoelesa(m): 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
Omo,see gobe, iboe don enter one chance.Dis Op sef na yoloba.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by madridguy(m): 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
@HopeAtHand and Goodboiy like u told you guys earlier, my position on this subject should be very clear by now. I hope I won't be drawn into unnecessary controversy.

6 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by modath(f): 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista,

Good job..

*sidebar* I hope you know you have taken an unpopular position & will now have two different sets of attackers? cheesy ....

Don't worry about nothing, stick to your belief, you don't owe anyone an apology (even for your political stand)..

23 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by demelza: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
Let me wait & see them accuse the Op of being a "yellowbar" person.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by hensben(m): 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nice one Barcanista.

7 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Cadamlk: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nice one

3 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by abe4kom: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
Position noted.
Next!

5 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Armaggedon: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
Tonyebarcanista you have shot yourself like your brother adaka boro.

i have read the thing you wrote and undertstand that:

you are anti Igbo

you are an okirika-ijaw who fears being reminded that ikwerres are igbos. It is a shame that many people dont know you. I have gone through older posts on this forum and seen where you were bashing Igbos and i am sure that was why you changed your account.

Why did you change your account ?
Let me make it clear, there is nothing wrong with the method kanu is using he is only saying the truth . Nigeria is founded on lies and truth will kill it faster than boko haram. That is why they are hounding him

Kanu's plan for Biafra is to enlighten the people of SE and SS about the injustice of nigeria. He does it by unraveling hidden historical truths which northerners use to perpetuate a forced unity. One of these is the balkanization of Igboland and the attempt to "de-igbonize" some groups like ikwerre, who were forced after the war to add "R" on the names of their towns. They were forced to become wicked to fellow Igbos just to prove they are not Igbos and be acceted in Rivers. Is that the type of nation you want? If you are a good student of history you will notice that only sixty percent of igboland was carved into the present SE after the civil war. This is to emasculate them politically while exploiting their resources. A lot of injustice has been done to Igbos in Nigeria. But i am happy some Igbos in SS are waking up

It is a pity that you are a beneficiary of this northern project called nigeria and at the same time fighting for "justice"
if those ikwerre try to represent minorities in SS, your type will be first to call them Igbo

history has shown us that people who fight for justice on the premise of injustice end up in disaster eg saro wiwa and adaka boro.

lastly biafra will come through a referendum. If the non Igbo groups of the SS say yes then good for them. If they say no that shouldnt be a problem but know that we igbos will leave you behind in our match to statehood with our Ikwerre and other Igbo brothers in "Rivers" and you will do nothin about it.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by kettykin: 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
I weep for Niger deltans.
I really weep for the present generation of niger deltans. Their fathers like Clark, Saro Wiwa, Spiff and co could be forgiven for first time mistake but these present generation learnt absolutely nothing from their fathers.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by brize(m): 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Everyday i see people saying that IPOB calls for violence and i am still wondering whether it is the same IPOB that it's leader was kidnapped by Nigeria secret kidnapping police or is there any Ipob, take a look at this, on 30th of August at Onitsha the IPOB went for a rally and was shot by the Nigeria Navy, the highest weapon those people was with on that day is fliers... But the Navy shot them and they (IPOB) never acted violently, just 2 days ago they (IPOB) went on a peaceful rally/protest at Rivers, Delta, Enugu, Awka and even in Hong kong, India etc but in all their peaceful protest around the world about the arrest of the leader of the group it was only in Nigeria that they were shot again @AWKA , before you tell me that they were violent just bear it in mind that it was the elderly women that went for that protest you should have imagined how peaceful it will be.... Up till now Mr. Op, how many police station, yoruba or hausa shop or company have you heard that was violently destroyed by the group? How many Hausa man have you seen his dead body on the street? I know your fears Mr. Man, next time do your investigation about what you wanna write about and also bear in mind that IPOB is not in any way VIOLENT.. we know that your fears is that of the unknown but i want to put it to you..... NOTHING WILL STOP BIAFRA FROM COMING AND NOTHING WILL STOP US FROM BEING RESOLUTE AND FORMIDABLE...

Your point 2 can be solved only with a referendum...

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
Yesterday, someone opened a thread about Fulani herdsman killing 20 people and only 4 people commented after couple of hours. Yet people are having heart attack over Ipob that don't even carry guns.

Barcarnista, I respect your desire to live in a reformed Nigeria with fiscal federalism. This is something you have stated multiple times in the past. I pray God keeps you alive to old age so you can look back and see if your dream comes true. But be careful, so many old men have been disappointed with this one Nigeria. I hope you don't become one of them.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by ruggedboy01: 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ur position no change anything grin cheesy
Who even send u for biafra grin cheesy wink

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Yujin(m): 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista your position has been noted. I'll really wish to be certain that you spoke for a majority of your Ijaw brothers. I and others who are in the struggle for Biafra will factor that in our calculations while still making consultations with other minorities of the Niger Delta. I'm waiting to hear from Dearpreye also to enable me have a better grasp of the psychology of your likes. We are watching.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by rhymaster: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
Barcanista is capable of incredible stoopidity everytime, almost always! He is a wailer by creation and genetics, he is still as incredulously silly as always. He can shove this pandering post up his ass! Still, Igbos are worse and Ibos who are deluding themselves over Biafra would be whipped past 1967. Their opprobrious ineptitude and silliness does not still excuse the fact that even barcanista is a Ipob youth and they must all stew in the furnace soon!

5 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by EasternLionn: 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Watch how Yoruba will smile and welcome you in their arms, and turn around to cast aspersions on you next minute.

Oga BTW, IPOB is not a violent group, we are only telling everyone know that if they keep shooting and killing us, we will have no option than defend our right to existence.
It is called self-defense.

And, forget all these online tantrums, Radio Biafra has brought more unity between SS and SE more than any other group.
At least it keeps reminding us that we are one people with the same food and cultural linkage.

If I am lying, watch Concur by Timaya and Don Jazzy, the only difference between both traditional attires is the fedora hat worn by Timay, and Red cap with Eagle's feather worn by Don Jazzy.

We are wiser now, sir.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by joeprince23(m): 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
@TonyeBarcanista I understand that u don't wanna sound politically incorrect,but I'm an upland rivers-man just like u are a riverine person and as riverine people a skeptical with the word biafra republic the same goes to we upland people with niger-delta republic.... I can assure u that as an indigene and resident of rivers-state the protest I saw in ikwerre road was was surely majorly carried out by indigenes of the state,they were even isolated protests at my hometown oyigbo and ogoni lands.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by joeprince23(m): 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by ragiluhivo(m): 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
I've lost my respect for TonyeBarcanista. Goodluck with your dream for a centralized Nigeria.

You go wait tire

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
For me personally, it's fundamentally about what type of country will I leave for my children and grandchildren. Sadly, Nigeria embodies the opposite.

I have finally accepted that we are not one and will never be. I have a higher chance of being killed in Nigeria by a fellow country man than outside the country. In other countries, if I become very successful, I am a role model but in Nigeria, they will porposefully create policies to attack my success. One Nigeria indeed.

37 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Coolabbie: 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
kettykin:
I really weep for the present generation of niger deltans. Their fathers like Clark, Saro Wiwa, Spiff and co could be forgiven for first time mistake but these present generation learnt absolutely nothing from their fathers.
Dont weep for us, our land is overflowing with water.
Rather weep for your red-earth, gully erosion stricken land. The tears will be useful over there.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista you may be good in political matters BUT you know little to nothing about Freedom fighting. Please stick to what you're good at. Am beginning to see this guy as a typical Nigerian politician and honestly we don't need such in Biafra.

If Nnamdi Kalu does not talk the way he do, Nigeria and the world would not have taken IPOB serious just as they they did with MASSOB. But with Nnamdi Kalu dead or live, IPOB is now made of million hardcore Biafrans who will continuously giving Nigeria nightmares until they let Biafra go.

Nigeria is a ZOO take it or fucck off

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by kettykin: 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
Coolabbie:
Rather weep for your red-earth, gully erosion stricken land. The tears will be useful over there.

LOL niger deltan on nairaland, yoruba in real life

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by sandraokosun: 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
Apart frm kanu. The way the biafra apologists lay claim and beat chest that anioma, ikwere, port harcourt belong to them and that is was part of their eastern regions shows they are about domination and conquering, what then makes them different frm hausa. If south joins biafra it would have no say cos it would b against a single majority and nobody to cry to expect un. Ss dont be decieved by their greek gift. They have used their support for gej 2015 to buy into ss lands. They want to use biafra to claim ss lands. They protest in ss biggest oil states, how many times have they protested in their own states. Hope my people can read the plot and knw their aim. A boy can say whatever to get into a womans pant but once its done, its the end. They would claim to care, to be attentive to ss. Within its own race they cant produce a representative to lead them. Ojuku their leader abadoned them after using them and ran, he contested in same nigeria project, peter obi his son traded their hope for endorsement dollars of pdp. Their ohanezes are a formed union for political endorsement. Their kanu is a violent terrorist that collects funds and embezzle. Their uwazurike does not agree with kanu on their biafra. Scotland gained referendum from uk peacefully by fulfilling all it needed. The radical terrorist kanu is fraud

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by demelza: 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2015
Coolabbie:

6 Likes

Re: My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle by omoelesa(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
kettykin:
Sharrap,let niger deltans also have their own country.is only a thief, that would like to impose itself on others.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

June 12 1993 And The Lessons Of History By Joe Igbokwe / Governor Obiano Commissions ABS Newly Injection Power Substation (Photos) / Buhari Upgrades College of Agriculture, Zuru To University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.