Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,131 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Russia Vs Us/nato - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Vs Us/nato (1120 Views)

Comparin Russian S-400 Vs US Patriot Missile Defense System photos- Bloomberg / Libya:from Africas Wealthiest Under Gaddafi To US-NATO Sponsored Terrorist Haven / We Will Take Out The S-400 If A Nato Member Jet Is Hit: Us Defence Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Vs Us/nato by cdoffx(m): 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
Russia and US/NATO has been on the front burner for some few weeks now with some speculating that if things are not really handled with care, we may be seeing a direct shootout between the two super powers.

US propaganda told us that Russia is just a gas station without any capability to withstand the almighty US/NATO but recent event in Syria makes this assertion of US questionable. In fact Russia gave US an hour notice to evacuate the Syrian sky of their planes before Russia commenced her airstrikes in Syria. What did US/NATO do about it? nothing but began the biggest war game since the last 13yrs in search for a 360 degree response to Russia threat and reassurance to NATO allies that their protection is still guaranteed.

Today news that made headlines is that Pentagon is struggling to catch up with Russia in Electronic Warfare. http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/10/21/russia-winning-the-electronic-war/
Report has it that Russia in fact has dedicated units in her armed force for electronic warfare. Could this be true? maybe. Few days ago 2 US drones crashed in Turkey and Iraq http://news.yahoo.com/two-us-predator-drones-crash-iraq-turkey-165246325.html. There are those speculating that Russia might be the one behind the curtain considering circumstance leading to the crashes.

If there is anything that makes the Russian Electronic Warfare superiority to US less doubtful, it is an incident between USS Donald Cook and an unarmed Russian SU-24 tactical bomber in 2014. USS Donald Cook is a 4th generation missile destroyer armed with 56 Tomahawks in standard mode and 96 in attack mode. It has over 50 anti-aircraft missiles with the latest Aegis Combat System. http://www.voltairenet.org/article185860.html

As the Russian jet approached the US vessel, the
electronic device disabled all radars, control
circuits, systems, information transmission, etc.
on board the US destroyer. In other words, the all-
powerful Aegis system, now hooked up - or about
to be - with the defense systems installed on
NATO’s most modern ships was shut down, as
turning off the TV set with the remote control.
The Russian Su-24 then simulated a missile
attack against the USS Donald Cook , which was
left literally deaf and blind. As if carrying out a
training exercise, the Russian aircraft - unarmed -
repeated the same maneuver 12 times before
flying away.

After that, the 4th generation destroyer
immediately set sail towards a port in Romania.
Since that incident, which the Atlanticist media
have carefully covered up despite the widespread
reactions sparked among defense industry
experts, no US ship has ever approached Russian
territorial waters again.
According to some specialized media, 27 sailors
from the USS Donald Cook requested to be
relieved from active service.

Vladimir Balybine - director of the research center
on electronic warfare and the evaluation of so-
called "visibility reduction" techniques attached to
the Russian Air Force Academy - made the
following comment:
"The more a radio-electronic system is
complex, the easier it is to disable it through
the use of electronic warfare."

Can we then argue that US/NATO would all become sitting ducks for missiles should their be open confrontations between Russia and US/NATO?
Re: Russia Vs Us/nato by overhypedsteve(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
The Russians cannot afford to fail.
Re: Russia Vs Us/nato by mazeltov(m): 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
This is a complete load of crap in fact I laugh when I see post like this. Russia is always a runner up. So dumb and unprofessional, how on earth would you be comparing Us/Nato vs. Russia. The problem is that, you guys think that there would be a winner if America and Russia start war, Now adding Nato to it is a sucidal mission for Russia. A war between America and Russia is even indecidable talk less of Joining it with Nato. Please compare Us with Russis or Nato with Russia. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs Us/nato by cdoffx(m): 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
mazeltov:
This is a complete load of crap in fact I laugh when I see post like this. Russia is always a runner up. So dumb and unprofessional, how on earth would you be comparing Us/Nato vs. Russia. The problem is that, you guys think that there would be a winner if America and Russia start war, Now adding Nato to it is a sucidal mission for Russia. A war between America and Russia is even indecidable talk less of Joining it with Nato. Please compare Us with Russis or Nato with Russia. Thanks

I guess you didnt go through the links added and read what US veterans themselves are saying especially as regard Russian Electronic warfare. and by the US wont take on Russia without NATO being involved likewise Russia wont fight alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Vs Us/nato by mazeltov(m): 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
cdoffx:

I guess you didnt go through the links added and read what US veterans themselves are saying especially as regard Russian Electronic warfare. and by the US wont take on Russia without NATO being involved likewise Russia wont fight alone
of course I read and perfectly understood everything. Or were you thinking that Russia and America would engage in an all-out conventional war? The equation is not balanced, it would have been Us-Nato vs. Russia-China and its allies. We are still saying the same thing. Russia alone cannot win any war against Us-Nato, Rogger that ok?. And a nuclear war between Us and Russia alone is ''lose-lose'' or ''Draw''. We don't win nuclear war. Who will even be the refree/umpire to declear the winner? Lolzzz
Re: Russia Vs Us/nato by cdoffx(m): 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
mazeltov:
of course I read and perfectly understood everything. Or were you thinking that Russia and America would engage in an all-out conventional war? The equation is not balanced, it would have been Us-Nato vs. Russia-China and its allies. We are still saying the same thing. Russia alone cannot win any war against Us-Nato, Rogger that ok?. And a nuclear war between Us and Russia alone is ''lose-lose'' or ''Draw''. We don't win nuclear war. Who will even be the refree/umpire to declear the winner? Lolzzz
contrary to general opinion majority of African countries will survive a nuclear war so definitely their will be an umpire which is we African lolzz. The reason is simple most African countries have non align status when it comes to choosing side between the two. at least i know Nigeria is.
Then we never can tell whether one of the two super powers will survive hence being the winner. if you take your time to research you will see there was a time the Russian army carried out an exercise to prove that their can actually be a winner. am very sure the Americans will also be working on such a possibility
Re: Russia Vs Us/nato by mazeltov(m): 11:47am On Oct 24, 2015
cdoffx:

contrary to general opinion majority of African countries will survive a nuclear war so definitely their will be an umpire which is we African lolzz. The reason is simple most African countries have non align status when it comes to choosing side between the two. at least i know Nigeria is.
Then we never can tell whether one of the two super powers will survive hence being the winner. if you take your time to research you will see there was a time the Russian army carried out an exercise to prove that their can actually be a winner. am very sure the Americans will also be working on such a possibility
you are joking, aren't you? Ok let me believe that you are joking with what you write up there
Re: Russia Vs Us/nato by cdoffx(m): 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
mazeltov:
you are joking, aren't you? Ok let me believe that you are joking with what you write up there
actually i was not joking when i said majority of African nations will survive as the umpire its because most of the main detonation will be around Europe, America and probably Middle east and Asia. What Africa will suffer from is mainly from radioactive fallouts and not a direct nuclear hit.
Re: Russia Vs Us/nato by mazeltov(m): 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
cdoffx:

actually i was not joking when i said majority of African nations will survive as the umpire its because most of the main detonation will be around Europe, America and probably Middle east and Asia. What Africa will suffer from is mainly from radioactive fallouts and not a direct nuclear hit.
you have shot yourself. That is my point, the radio active effect and the economic effect.
Re: Russia Vs Us/nato by cdoffx(m): 9:02am On Oct 25, 2015
mazeltov:
you have shot yourself. That is my point, the radio active effect and the economic effect.
How have i shot myself. yes of course there will be radioactive effects but there would definitely be much more survival and preservation institutions unlike almost if not utter destruction of majority of Europe, America and middle east.
As for economic effect thats no point, within the shortest time possible we will adapt and begin building another economic system maybe backed by gold cos by then dollar will be history just like we hear of history about the old roman empire.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Busted! Donald Trump Caught Peeking A Photo Of His Bikini Clad Ex-wife / The British Are Frantically Googling What The E.U. Is, Hours After Voting / UK Prime Minister David Cameron To Serve 6 Years Imprisonment For Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.