Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (666894 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
zimoni:
Seems we need to create another means of communication, I'll discuss with Aare later on this.

We can't allow Seun to kill the fire. We must keep the fire burning.

It's either politics section or we say goodnight.

Ire oooooooo.

I think Shym3xx mentioned the option of another platform.

It really needs to be looked into. Besides, Nairaland lacks a proper competitor/competition though.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
9jacrip:

I think Shym3xx mentioned the option of another platform.

It really needs to be looked into. Besides, Nairaland lacks a proper competitor/competition though.

Yeah, it's high time we explored that option.

We shouldn't allow Mr Traffic to kill the fire. I am still surprised.

A Yoruba working against Yoruba's interest. Wonder shall never ends.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
Wow.....
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiadotcom: 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
zimoni:

A Yoruba working against Yoruba's interest. .

the irony of you typing this.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
modath:

Na me be the "robot" ? wink

Well i promise you pic on or before 3rd of January 2016.

No dear. I was referring to tpiah. Omo Osun ni na .
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiadotcom: 11:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
9jacrip:

Is it just me or have you also noticed ethnic bashing on threads (traffic driver) appear to have slowed down since most people would rather be here to share or pick one or two things?

yes, quite ironic.

possibly the people instigating the ethnic bashings mostly moved to this one.

thanks yall, for keeping Ileke HD occupied, for example. More grease to your elbow. The forum had a little respite from her constant attacks, of course she was on my case throughout (transferring her constant frustrated aggression to me) but that's ok, if it made for peace elsewhere.

um.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiadotcom: 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

No dear. I was referring to tpiah. Omo Osun ni na .

please leave Osun state alone, madam.

Looking for husband should not make you this crazy, na only you dey find husband ni?

why this thing dey pepper you for bodi nah?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
modath:

I pray & hope i don't change my stance cos it would only mean one thing, that Nigeria become a Chad / Niger 2:0,

If is a bit negative & will appreciate if it is removed... 6 months after 16yrs of "chop/ share the money" is not enough for crucifixion,...

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, have seen first hand the opposition's molestation of the economy & their indiscriminate plunder without any sense of restraint / responsibility....

We can beat this govt up as much as we want but when someone is in ICU after a major crash, no one expects the person to start doing the dougie immediately...

Two issues i have with PMB;

1. Complaining --- He knows the wrong doers, thought by now, heads should have been rolling, don't want to hear of the impediments, we voted him to solve problems, he should get to work... .

2. Communication ---Too taciturn, no one is asking him to run commentaries but speak small at least & let people know the efforts you are making.....

Btw... Baawo ni? Ise ati life generally nko?

Mo wa jare. Happy thanksgiving!!

You made a lot of sense in your post.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
IFELEKE:

Dearie booni? sooo wa? (greeting ibadan style)
Will upload some soon, had issues uploading earlier..

I dey o. I'm not sure if it's necessary anymore.

I'm disappointed with Seun and his decision on this thread.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 26, 2015
tpiadotcom:

yes, quite ironic.

possibly the people instigating the ethnic bashings mostly moved to this one.

thanks yall, for keeping Ileke HD occupied, for example. More grease to your elbow. The forum had a little respite from her constant attacks, of course she was on my case throughout but that's ok, if it made for peace elsewhere.

um.

And what is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiadotcom: 11:46pm On Nov 26, 2015
9jacrip:

reread the post.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:46pm On Nov 26, 2015
forgiveness:

Hmm, I am afraid, that quotation didn't answer my question. Sinned and to 'sin quite a lot' are two different things.

I know the way and I will gladly show you the way if you want.

I'm going to tell you what I tell my friends, live and let live when it comes to religion.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 26, 2015
tpiadotcom:

reread the post.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
9jacrip:

Lmao neither you nor I are meant to understand her.

I don't speak crazy.

Hope body dey kampe.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiadotcom: 11:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

I'm going to tell you what I tell my friends,.

lolz
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

Lmao neither you nor I are meant to understand her.

I don't speak crazy.

Hope body dey kampe.

Lol.

Body dey kampe o, e se Aunty mi. Eyin nko?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 11:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
9jacrip:

Lol.

Body dey kampe o, e se Aunty mi. Eyin nko?

Been eating turkey. Thought I should take a break, had to go to my following thread to find this thread.

Anyway, asiko ti de.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiadotcom: 12:08am On Nov 27, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Funjosh(m): 12:48am On Nov 27, 2015
Seun Seun lipsrsealed
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by scholes0(m): 2:11am On Nov 27, 2015
ProfShymex:
Lol.

Aare, fvck that nyggah. He is trying to use us to revive the dead culture section, while protecting other folks at the same time.

Muthaphuck that blinkered phaggot. He knows what he's doing. I don't even like the guy. Just let the thread die. I'm definitely not coming to this section. He killed it himself by picking Igbo mods and he also gave them free hands to turn it into an Igbo village, thus chasing everyone away.

The plonker has always been fruity and he has a lot in common with that gorilla, OBJ.

I'm out.

looooooooool
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zaynie(f): 3:22am On Nov 27, 2015
Don't mind the 'ariwo oja'. Instead focus on the reason you opened this thread.
Even if he throws you into the joke or pet section...keep gathering momentum until you are unstoppable.

There are many rivers we still have to cross to achieve this Yoruba utopia of ours. If we give up everytime someone poses as an obstacle then what we will have is a lot of "We almost...." and everybody knows that almost doesnt count.

Dont leave the thread because of him.
Stay for us..

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiadotcom: 4:50am On Nov 27, 2015
zaynie:
Even if he throws you into the joke or pet section...

oh gosh, this is too much.

what an insult.

you couldn't even say technology or computer section, na joke or pet you mention. . . . . .
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by veraponpo(m): 5:24am On Nov 27, 2015
Bode George fired the first shot, now Musiliu Obanikoro has responded

Posted By TheScoop on November 27, 2015

A top PDP chieftain in Lagos State, Bode George, earlier this week attacked former minister of state for defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, saying that his appointment as minister when he was “undeserving”, was one of the mistakes made by the former PDP federal government.

Speaking at an event to mark his 70th birthday, George said that the PDP would have performed better at the polls if it had not empowered people who were not committed to the party.

George’s position was supported by the Lagos PDP chairman, Capt. Tunji Shelle (retd.), who said that some members of the PDP who were given party funds during the last elections absconded with it and have now travelled out of the country in shame. Obanikoro has been away from Nigeria since the new government came into power, reportedly studying for another degree.

According to Shelle, “Money went into the wrong hands. The people who should not handle money were the ones who handled money for the PDP. I don’t want to start mentioning names but they know themselves. Some of them cannot even stay in Nigeria today because of the damage they did to the party.

“We will continue to pray that they change their attitude and character. The PDP is a strong party but I know that Chief George has done his best.”

In a response on Thursday, the former minister and governorship aspirant, Musiliu Obanikoro, berated George for using the occasion of his 70th Birthday to “trade blames, tell lies and falsify historical truths”, instead of reflecting and taking stock.

Obanikoro said in a statement signed by his new media aide, Demola Rewaju, that “Obanikoro is not anyone’s problem anymore.”

“Having served Nigeria at various levels and in various capacities under three different Presidents, his focus now is on mentoring the next generation into political leadership, a task which had some elders done, their 70th birthday wouldn’t be spent in hiding like a political leper,” the statement said.

The statement said that George and Shelle should not be afraid of Obanikoro’s shadow, but should rather fear “those youths of our great party who stand behind Obanikoro and continue to defend democracy on social media and elsewhere, against an impending tyranny.”

Obanikoro charged PDP youths to not lose faith in the party even though the party elders continue to play the game of trading blames instead of taking responsibility.

“Obanikoro wishes Pa Bode George well on his 70th birthday and looks forward to a more statesmanly political relationship as befitting of true leaders of the PDP in Lagos and Nigeria at large,” the statement concluded.

http://www.thescoopng.com/bode-george-fired-the-first-shot-now-musiliu-obanikoro-has-responded/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by veraponpo(m): 6:33am On Nov 27, 2015
Three Youngest Nigerian Billionaires.

Money, fame and power are just some of the attributes that make today’s world billionaires who they are and these young outstanding Nigerians have achieved that in a very short time. Young, brimming with ideas and and a determination to achieve the impossible, these three young men are pragmatically carving a niche for themselves in the global centre stage as respectable billionaires in their own right:

1. Sijibomi Ogundele Sijibomi:

He is notably the youngest Nigerian man so far to reach a billion in earnings from business investments. The 34 year old entrepreneur who is the CEO of Sujimoto, a real estate business empire, was featured in Forbes Africa as a brave young Entrepreneur, an astute businessman with the capacity to change the Nigerian real-estate industry. Mr. Ogundele boasts of a vast degree of experience as a venture capitalist and investment strategist has provided a solid background in ensuring Sujimoto achieves its mission in the establishment of classy housing units in Nigeria that can compete with its counterparts globally.He was pictured with the King of Dubai in one of his photos.In a previous interview with Punch, Sijubomi revealed his affection for fast cars and antique watches. He got the inspiration for the name Sujimoto from a Japanese university professor he encountered, Dr. Sujimoto Koga who had a profound influence on him. The very articulate Siju loves the luxurious lifestyle and he is not afraid to enjoy the best things in life. At 33, he bought a pricey Patek Phillipe wristwatch that costs $150,000 (N23 million) and when asked, he said he procured it so his grandson can one day use it. The young man who had a very humble beginning in Agege is responsible for the popular Medici Terraces at Milverton Road, Ikoyi. The buildings are architectural masterpieces that would make jaws drop instantly. Mr Ogundele is on the fast lane to unparalleled wealth and he is just a few years away from becoming the next Dangote. His exploits have helped to put Nigeria’s name on the global map especially in the real estate and construction trade.

2. Ladi Delano Ladi Delano:

He earned his first millions by going into the liquor business during his time in China. At the young age of 22, he founded Solidarnosc Asia, a Chinese alcoholic beverage company that made Solid XS, a premium brand of vodka. Delano is now the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Bakrie Delano Africa – a $1 billion joint venture with the $15 billion Bakrie Group of Indonesia at the age of 35. Ladi re-invented himself and his brand with Bakrie Delano Africa which is centered on identifying investment opportunities in mining, agriculture and oil & gas and executing them in Nigeria. In one of his photos,he was pictured with former president, Olusegun Obasanjo. He has been featured by Forbes as one of Nigeria’s top earners to watch out for in the nearest future.

3. Igho Sanomi:

The 40-year-old Igho Sanomi is the founder and CEO of Taleveras Group, a Nigerian energy, power and construction conglomerate. He was born in Delta State to a devout catholic father who was a retired Assistant Inspector General of the Nigerian Police. Mr Sanomi’s mother, Mabel Iyabo Sanomi holds a Royal title of Yeye Jemo of Isotun Ijesha Kingdom in Osun State. Taleveras is arguably one of Africa’s largest energy trading companies, trading close to a billion barrels of crude oil and millions of tons of condensates, gasoline, jet fuel and LPG every year. Taleveras also owns substantial stakes in two oil blocks in Nigeria as well as lucrative production sharing contracts (PSCs) in three offshore oil blocks in Ivory Coast. The group Power subsidiary constructs electrical substations in Nigeria and also owns a majority stake in the Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company. The towering conglomerate has an annual turnover of several billions of dollars. Igho Sanomi is the controlling shareholder of the group. At 40, Mr Sanomi is arguably one of the youngest kings of oil and gas Nigeria has ever seen.

Source: http://trezzy2..com.ng/2015/11/3-youngest-billionaires-in-nigeria.html
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath2: 6:37am On Nov 27, 2015
Seun Osewa , there is a particular thing inside of you that feeds of being begged repeatedly over a non issue..

I can't say if it is insecurity or high handedness, but whatever name it goes by, I am dropping pride & self esteem to beg you "in the name of everything good & shiny" that you hold dear; PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS!!

You have Ibo Mods who issue sp*m bots ban like guguru & epa & we take it in our strides...

The Ibos have numerous threads populating the board & eno one bothers them, the ONLY one YOUR people have you are playing POLITICS with...

I refuse to buy the idea that your bottomline is being hurt by the reduction in ethnic/tribal E wars, which is what prompted this action of yours..

YOU CAN'T BE THAT PEDESTRIAN!!

In as much as we can't force you to have yoruba solidarity in you, the least you can do is to ensure a level playing field.....

Mark Zuckerberg may not carry jewish bias on his head like dada but I'm sure you & i know ANTI SEMITISM has no face in his creation , like you allow your mods to do here....
Thank you!!! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiadotcom: 6:44am On Nov 27, 2015
modath2:

Seun Osewa , there is a particular thing inside of you that feeds of being begged repeatedly over a non issue..

he cant help it if you want to beg him repeatedly over an issue. Personally, I don't since it's just a forum, once I mention something one or two times (not more than three to five), if I see stubbornness I let it go rather than allowing it to spoil my day . But that's just me.

You have Ibo Mods who issue sp*m bots ban like guguru & epa & we take it in our strides...

no one on this thread has experienced the spambot and outright banning more than me.

the ONLY one YOUR people have

what do you mean by this ma?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by uniklinkum(m): 7:03am On Nov 27, 2015
Peeps let shame the omo ale by keeping the fire of this thread burning. And put him to the same disgrace he faced, when the secret of wanting to snatch one of his mods girlfriend was blown in the open.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superduperjay: 7:22am On Nov 27, 2015
I searched for this thread till I fell asleep. Gosh!! You guys are not seeing the bigger picture, this thread scares some people not because of all these stories we have been posting but because it seems the yorubas are actually united and people FEAR united groups anyday anytime, I only hope this will translate into real life. We yorubas have to be united, people are scared of our unity period!
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 8:00am On Nov 27, 2015
Shymm3x:
Mayoroflagos

I saw what you posited in one of ya replies to 9jacrip about the Eko throne, Ilaje, and Bini connection a few days ago. And I've always wondered why Binis never really subjugated the Ijebu kingdom on their way to Lagos. It seems the Ilajes are the missing link between Bini and Eko.

What do you think and can you please enlighten us on more of the background story to the Eko-Ilaje-Bini connection?

Hello Shymmex,
First, what took Bini to Lagos, what was their business there? Bini itself did not have domain on the coast, it was an hinterland seat of political power. Lagos was under constant invasion by Dahomey and at a point the Idejo chiefs sent to Alaafin for protection against the raids from Dahomey. The Aworis did not have a constituted army or navy force and were not warriors. They did not wage war against other territories and neither was a war waged against them, but their land was blessed with agricultural produce. Since Dahomey was in constant war and battles attacking neighbouring states or defending against them, hardly any time was spent by these people growing food, so they raided for food and produce.

The defense of Lagos was impractical for Oyo because their horses were part of the army force and victory against an enemy depended on their health and well being. The risk of loosing the horses to sickness increases the farther they marched South and to the coast. Oyo turned the Idejo Chiefs to Bini for help.

Binis fought on foot and on waters but not at sea since they were not a sea people. Lagos is on the sea. Bini needed a sea force. This is where Ilaje came in.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.