Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (665858 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
Classicool:
Yea he did and for Ladoja too

Is it a kinda gang up? I still prefer seyi makinde to all of 'em
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Classicool(m): 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
forgiveness:

Well, I don't think using a radio station based in Nigeria will be convenient for the Central Government for such agitation.
What of Radio Oduduwa in London that's own by OPC.....
We can also do online radio which by dialling certain it will pick up straight......... And using bloggers also will be fantastic.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by DrMoffy(m): 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
WIZGUY69:

hahaaahhaha grin
that's my momma's town. grin
the town is close to the border between Ibadan/Osun. cool

shout out to all the dodoikire fans. lol

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://kscuisine.com/2014/06/dodo-ikire/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjSgriGyLPJAhVEnA4KHS6OAggQwW4IDSgAMAE&usg=AFQjCNGo9_2jwa5KseA5LVoTIIrlbAy_pg

yes ooo. I don't joke with dodoikire.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by forgiveness: 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
Classicool:

What of Radio Oduduwa in London that's own by OPC.....
We can also do online radio which by dialling certain it will pick up straight......... And using bloggers also will be fantastic.

Yes, I mentioned it after i modified my post. I think it is the best option if he agrees to it. Online radio will be fantastic. Bloggers! I don't know about that.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Classicool(m): 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
WIZGUY69:

Is it a kinda gang up?
I still prefer seyi makinde to all of 'em
He did for Seyin Makinde too but...
I learnt that Olamiju will be contesting for Oyo North Senatorial district come 2019

I know come 2019 Seyi Makinde will be the governor because that man really have visions for Oyo state...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Classicool(m): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2015
forgiveness:

Yes, I mentioned it after i modified my post. I think it is the best option if he agrees to it. Online radio will be fantastic. Bloggers! I don't know about that.
They will have a secret identity so it will be hard to locate them... I mean the bloggers...... And we need to expand our media capacity to other SW states too not only Lagos and Ibadan..
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Classicool(m): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2015
WIZGUY69:

Is it a kinda gang up?
I still prefer seyi makinde to all of 'em
I learnt that Olamiju will be contesting for Oyo North Senatorial district come 2019

I know come 2019 Seyi Makinde will be the governor because that man really have visions for Oyo state...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by forgiveness: 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
Classicool:
They will have a secret identity so it will be hard to locate them... I mean the bloggers...... And we need to expand our media capacity to other SW states too not only Lagos and Ibadan..

If that be case then I support it. Of course, the platform is meant to reach out to every Omoluabi both home and abroad.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by 190theclown: 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
Sh0llypopz:

Do Yorubas have similar roles in Eastern states? I mean, do we have Obas in Enugu and the likes? Do we have any approved data/statistics that cites the number of migration from Eastern to Western states and vice versa??

Have u managed to reach AbiL>#
Please can i atleast have her email
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Classicool(m): 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
forgiveness:

If that be case then I support it. Of course, the platform is meant to reach out to every Omoluabi both home and abroad.
Cool.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2015
Ilaje44:

Alarina Moddy, o ko tile soro opelenge obinrin Egba ti o ni o fe fun mi mo. Bawo ni, se o ko ni black friday abi cyber monday package lati Egba fun baba agba yii ni?

Baba, mo ro pe yeye ni eyin ati anti Ileke n se ni oo.. smiley
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
Classicool:

It is not about knowing, it is about belonging to the right structure to win ELECTIONS!!!!..
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mayoroflagos.

These are the Ijebu/Remo ones (mynd44 - if the spambot bans me, I beg you unlock my post):

Oba S. K. Adetona - Awujale of Ijebuland

Oba Adeniyi Sonariwo - Akarigbo of Remo

Oba Kabiru Sotobi - Ayangburen of Ikorodu

Oba Kamorudeen Ishola Animashaun - Arolugbade Elepe II of Epe (Oloja of Epe)...There's also Olu of Epe for Eko/Awori-Epe

Oba Michael Sonuga - Olofin of Ilisan Remo

Oba Oladele Ogunbade - Ologere of Ogere

Oba Adeleke Idowu Basibo - Alaperu of Iperu Remo

Oba Akeem Adesanya - Alara of Ilara-Epe

Oba Emanuel Ademolu - Alakenne of Ikenne

Oba Adetunji Amidu Osho - Alayeode of Ode Remo

Oba A. A. Oguntayo - Ajalorun of Ijebu-Ife

Oba Y. O. Adekoya - Dagburewe of Idowa

Oba O. A. Alakija - Akija of Ikija

Oba A. O. Odebunmi - Olowu of Owu-Ijebu

Oba L. A. Adewale - Ebumawe of Ago-Iwoye

Oba S. A. Onafowokan - Oloko of Ijebu-Imushin

Oba M. A. Daini - Alaiye of Odogbolu

Oba G. A. Abiodun - Owa of Okun-Owa

Oba A. O. Ogunrin - Olomu of Omu-Ijebu

Oba G. O. A. Adetoye - Liken of lbefun

Oba I. O. Adekoya - Ayanyelu of Ijesa-Ijebu

Oba J. A. Adesanya - Gbegande of Ososa

Oba J. A. Quadri - Alaporu of Ilaporu

Oba E. A. Oreniyi - Obiri of Aiyepe

Oba A. K. A. Ogunuga - Saderiren of lsonyin

Oba (Dr) K. A. O. Sansi - Obelu of Esure

Oba L. A. A. Adelaja - Alakan of Aiyepe

Oba O. A. Awofeso- Elerunwon of Erunwon

Oba A. A. A. Omotayo - Kobowore of Jobore

Oba (Dr.) Remi Adeoye - Alamunren of Okelamunren

Oba E. A. A. Deinbo - Alaiye Aba of Aiyepe

Oba M. A. Obalaja - Oru of Imoru

Oba S. A. Odukoya - Oliworo of Iworo

Oba J. A. Adenaiya - Magunsen of Itamarun

Oba Orimolusi of Ijebu-Igbo - Vacant

Oba Onipe of Ibu-Arijan - Vacant

Oba Elero of Itebu - Vacant

Oba Olowu of Aiyepe - Vacant

Oba Limeri of Awa - Vacant

Oba Oloru of Oru - Vacant

Oba Moyeso of Itele - Vacant

Oba Olowu-Iji of Odolowu (Okun-Owa)- Vacant

HRH Oba B. A. Ogunnuga - Akalako of Aiyepe

HRH Oba J. Ola Adekoya - Liken of Iwopin

HRH Oba F. R. A. Adegbesan - Onitasin of Itasin

HRH Oba Babs A. Adebisi - Elese of Ilese

Oba Lenuwa of Ode-Omi (vacant)

Oba J. B. Otukoya - Oligun of Ilugun – North

Oba G. A. Banjo - Ajalaiye of Ilugun South

M. A. Orelaja - Sapenuwa of Ogbere

My brother, shocked shocked
Na only Ijebu kings waka come?
These only can represent all the dominions in our commonwealth.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
TreyQ:
Who amongst us can appropriately translate 'Omoluabi' into English?

anyone

Omoluabi - Righteousness
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilaje44(m): 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
modath:

Baba, mo ro pe yeye ni eyin ati anti Ileke n se ni oo.. smiley

Yeye ke? Idi ere la ti ng mo ooto oro o jie. Mo ti to adun Egba wo, o de "re" mi yeye bi asha Orlando Owoh. Iku lo bola je sha! Pele, ku itoju baby.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2015
TreyQ:
Royal Yorùbáland

A Yet To Be Identified 19th century's Awujale (King) Of Ijebuland

This photo was taken by 19th century's European visitors to Yorùbáland

Is this not Fidipote?

Shyyyytte...Duke, hurry, come and identify this Awujale for me. Fidipote is high like a kite... grin grin grin

Ijebu Alare, Ewe so o!

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2015
TreyQ:
Who amongst us can appropriately translate 'Omoluabi' into English?

anyone
The son/daughter of God... literally
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
Adeyemi Ajao, the Nigerian Born Mark Zuckerberg of Spain

Nigerian born Adeyemi Ajao been described as the Mark Zuckerberg of Spain. He is regarded as the first African ever to sell his startup for $100 million on August 4, 2010, when Telefonica took controls of 85% of Ajao’s Tuenti, an invitation-only private social network site for students and young people in Spain. Tuenti popularly called “Spanish Facebook” was started by Adeyemi Ajao at 22 and four of his friends. Tuenti has over 14 million users and is the largest Invite-Only network in the world.

Tuenti, which in Spanish comes from "tu enti[dad]" meaning your identity, sounds like Twenty in English. It is rated as one of the fastest growing social network sites. Tuenti features many tools common to social-networking sites. It allows users to set up a profile, upload photos, link videos and connect with friends; recently a chat application has been added. Many other utilities, such as the ability to create events, are also offered. Unlike similar social network sites which feature banner advertisements, Tuenti has opted out of these traditional forms of "noisy" and obstructive advertising.

Zaryn Dentzel, one of its founders and current CEO, stated that they intend to focus on Spanish users more before possibly expanding to other countries.

Adeyemi Ajao was born in southern Spain to a Nigerian father and a Spanish mother. He was in Nigeria for only six years, spent two years in Italy and then moved to Spain when he was nine, growing up in the small beach town called Marbella.

Adeyemi earned a Masters in Finance from Emory, a J.D. from ICADE in Madrid, and an MBA from Stanford, and graduated at the top of his class at each university. He was elected one of the “Top 100 Spaniards of the Year” in 2009, and was invited by the U.S. Congress to the Presidential Inauguration of Barack Obama as a representative of the Spanish Commission for Accomplishments in Entrepreneurship.

Adeyemi’s father was one of the first mechanical engineers in Nigeria, who started a steel company in Nigeria. He saw his father fought hard to put his company together, but unfortunately didn’t make it in Nigeria, and left for Italy.

Ajao the Co-Founder/CEO of Identified has also launched other successful innovations such as Cabify, an application for hiring of vehicles with driver via mobile under the slogan "Move with style." Cabify requests high-end vehicles with professional drivers using technology, to bring consumers the luxury. You can ask about one of your cars from any device, be it a mobile phone, a computer or tablet. The user receives a notification with information about the designated driver, model and license plate number. On the screen of your device, you can see how the vehicle looks and can even contact the driver if needed.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2015
Meet Adeyemi Ajao, lead investor for Workday Ventures.

Innovation series by Steven Loeb
July 25, 2015 | Comments
Short URL: http://vator.tv/n/3ee8

If you've been following this column, which we have been running for a few months now, you know that we have been looking at numerous early stage funds.

While many firms are looking for a financial return on their investment, not all VC funds are in it for the same reasons.

There are also funds, set up by established companies, who will invest in startups for an entirely different reason: to keep up with whats new and, down the road, be able to work with those companies once they are established.

One of those funds is Workday Ventures, which is led by Adeyemi Ajao.

Ajao co-founded Identified, Inc. and served as its Chief Executive Officer. He also co-founded Tuenti.

He earned a J.D. Law and Masters Economics and Finance degree from ICADE in Madrid and an M.B.A. and certificate in machine learning from Stanford.

VatorNews: What do you like to invest in? What are your categories of interest?

Adeyemi Ajao: Workday Ventures is focused on investing and partnering with startups that are leveraging data science and machine learning to address enterprise challenges. If we step back and look at it more generally, we fundamentally believe that 10 years from now every enterprise company will be a machine learning company or will not exist. This is what our clients are demanding, and we truly back that sentiment.

The start of Workday Ventures can be traced back to Workday’s acquisition of Identified, a company I co-founded, 18 months ago. Since the acquisition, Workday has been developing products focused on machine learning, and we announced those products last November. With that announcement, we started having several behind the scenes discussions with machine learning startups who wanted to learn more about what we were doing in the space. We wanted to build closer relationships with some of those companies, which lead us to Workday Ventures.

We are focused on helping these startups go to market, because we understand the techniques to help them sell to Fortune 500 companies. This is a natural fit because Workday knows how to get products to market. With the companies we invest in we want them to learn about how Workday went from zero to almost 1,000 clients and how they can replicate that on their own.

For us, this is truly all about learning: first, it’s purely about what algorithms are used, and how they are implemented. All four investments we have made have had extremely good engineering teams, and we've had a lot of engineering related conversations.

The other part is about applying these algorithms in different ways, for a specific business purpose.

VN: What would you say are the top investments you have been a part of? What stood out about those investments in particular?

AA: We have invested in four companies so far: Jobr, Metanautix, ThinAir, and Unbabel.

Unbabel makes translation available to everyone through machine learning. This is something we are very aware of, since our clients are multinational companies, and we have to translate every one of our products for them.

Their entrepreneurs had a clear passion about that, and the founders are PhDs in machine learning. They are very passionate and they were a very natural fit.

Jobr is a job hunting app. One of Workday’s products is recruiting so this is an area of interest to us. Jobr provides mobile job recommendations to users, which is the future of how people will look for their next job. This is something we want to support and learn about.

Jobr’s founder is very passionate about this space. He's an investment manager and a really smart person who cares about product.

ThinAir is a cloud security company with a machine learning engine. They will use an algorithm to learn which behaviors are ok, and which are a security threat. For example, if someone is accessing a file at 3 am, 10,000 miles away from where it’s usually accessed, it will see this as a security threat and automatically ask that person for authorization.

This is another founder that is passionate. Tony, the CEO, wrote fraud detection for MasterCard, and is now applying the same principles for ThinAir.

Metanautix solves broad and painful problems, having to do with data access for many different systems, which have to get together to do analysis. This is something our clients experience every day when they have to match their Workday data with their CRM or database data. The Metanautix founder had been an engineer at Google, in charge of data pipeline problems.

The common theme here is that all of these companies are solving enterprise problems, which are problems we care about, and are all lead by very technical teams and very passionate entrepreneurs.

VN: What do you look for in companies that you put money in? What are the most important qualities?

AA: We are all about enterprise problems that can be solved with machine learning. And for us to make an investment, it has to be a personal passion for the entrepreneurs.

We also have to make sure that Workday can help that particular company, and that they are at a stage where we can add value.

Basically what I mean by helping and adding value is that, with most companies, that value comes in two buckets. One is pure engineering value. We have a lot of engineering conversations, and learning goes both ways. We might use their algorithm in ways that they are not, and we can say, 'Here's how we are implementing it for a company that has 300,000 workers.'

We also want to help them go to market. We have a lot of executives who were here when Workday had three clients, and know how the platform and sales evolved to make it what it is today. We are able to give these companies coaching on how to get there too.

VN: Tell me a bit about your background. Where did you go to school? What led you to the venture capital world?

AA: I am originally from Spain. I started my first company during my last year in college, called Tuenti which was the Facebook for Spain. It was acquired by Telefonica for $100 million. Right after that I came here to Silicon Valley. The rationale was, let’s see if I can make it in the place where things are happening. I went to Stanford business school, and in my second year I started Identified.

Identified was LinkedIn on top of Facebook. We would aggregate and use machine learning for hiring out of Facebook profiles. There are a billion Facebook profiles, and based on the characteristics of their workers, we would tell companies if they should hire this person.

Workday truly believes that more data will lead to better decisions in the enterprise. What are the techniques of analyzing that data? In the process of building products at Workday, and being in touch with the startup ecosystem, investing in them was a natural fit. Now that I'm here this is a great avenue to help companies.

VN: What do you think are the big differences between being an entrepreneur and an investor?

AA: Entrepreneurship and venture are extremely different. I don’t think they have a lot in common, mostly because when you are a running company you are single mindedly focused on problem your company, and what problems you are having and all the stuff that entrepreneurs go through.

As an investor you can take a long term approach, as opposed to being an entrepreneur, where you are always executing.

What I like about being an investor it is that, one, you are able to have your head in different problems at the same time. And, second, I like being able to help entrepreneurs benefit from the vast amount of resources that Workday has.

VN: What is the size of your current fund?

AA: We are not structured like a traditional fund, as in we don't have a particular amount we invest. When we started doing this four months ago, VC experts on our board felt this was the right way to go.

It makes sense to do it this way, not to structure it, because what happens is it becomes kind of a trap. With a traditional fund, you have to invest $20 million by the end of the year, which means $5 million per quarter, and your average has to be $2 million. Even if you don't have something in that range, that’s how they think.

The size, stage, and total capital can vary a lot. It has to be a strategic fit for us to invest.

VN: Is there a typical percent that you want of a round? For instance, do you need to get 20% or 30% of a round?

AA: There is no set percentage that we aim for and we don’t seek control or board seats. We are not doing this for financial returns. We are doing this to learn from companies, and to help them learn.

VN: Where is the firm currently in the investing cycle of its current fund?

AA: We have been investing for four months.

VN: What series do you typically invest in? Are they typically Seed or Post Seed or Series A?

AA: The four that we have done are early, Series A, but that doesn't mean we won’t do later stage. We are looking at some later stage, and it’s important that we are able to help them as well.

VN: In a typical year how many startups do you invest in?

AA: Our target is 12 companies by the end of the year

VN: Is there anything else you think I should know about you or the firm?

AA: Due to the lack of formal structure we have been able to get back to companies within a couple of days, and execute investments in a couple of weeks. We have agility because of the lack of financial constraint.

This is extremely fun work. I get to work with the smartest people and learn from them. I'm glad I came over from Spain to do this.

http://vator.tv/news/2015-07-25-meet-adeyemi-ajao-lead-investor-for-workday-ventures

1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2015
BRIEF HISTORY OF OKUN PEOPLE

Okun people are Yoruba descendants in Kogi state. Kogi is a multi ethnic state and Okun people are up to 20% of its population, smaller than the other two major completely different tribes, Igala and Ebira. Okun people spread across six local government areas in Kogi State, known as Kabba-Bunu, Yagba-West, Yagba-East, Mopa-Muro, Ìjùmú and Lokoja local government Areas.

They speak varied dialects…Owé, Ìyàgbà, Ìjùmú, Bùnú and Oworo, but their language is generally called Okun, Okun has become a form of greeting among them.

They understand one another to a greater extent and large numbers of them speak Yoruba. Their dialects are influenced by various factors. Such factor is that Kogi state shares boundaries with Kwara, Ondo, Ekiti, Niger, Benue, Nassarawa, Anambra, Enugu, Edo and Abuja. Also, The Nupe wars of the 19th century and interaction with the Hausas due to geographical zoning left an indelible mark on the Okun people and their dialects.

According to oral source, Okun people migrated from Ile Ife when Yorubas were spreading to occupy more lands, before spreading out, each and everyone was instructed to report to Ile Ife for a yearly meeting. The man, that led group of young people to a location (now called YAGBA) in Kogi state did not return over a long period of time.

When eventually returned and explained that he lost larger part of his acquired land to some other migrants. He was blamed for the loss and said in yoruba, ''ÌYÀ ÀGBÀ LÓ JEMÍ'' meaning that invasion of his acqured land was due to lack of having elderly people with him. Since then, they started mocking him at Ile Ife, calling him Iya agba . They associated this name with him whenever they wanted to send messages across to him after returning to his occupied area, now called Yagba.

Okun people faced lots of challenges, ranging from Geo political zoning, marginlisation and problem of identity. Their problem started during the colonial era when they were politically ceded to the Northern protectorate by Lord Lugard, the Governor-General of Nigeria. The abolition of the provincial and regional administrative units in 1967 led to their merging with Ilorin to form old Kwara state. Then, Igala was merged with old Benue State. However, on 27th of august 1991, Okun people was removed again and merged with Ebira, Igala from Benue state and some other tribes to form Kogi state.

Okun indigenes moved against merging them with completely different tribes but they were forced into this marriage. Since then, Igala and Ebira have used high population to marginalise Okun people politically and in resource allocation. When an Igala man tells you ‘Omi na kaye, ma joje ma mu du’, he is telling you he would consume whatever available in his surrounding. And that is exactly what is presently happening to in their resource allocation. Their efforts to break away and form Okun State, which could make it possible for them to be more closer to their Kiths and Kins in the South West, failed to materialise.

Concerning Identity problem, The Yorubas in South West are trying to link the identity of Okun people to their Kiths and Kins in South West going by history and shared traits but their counterparts who want Okun people to remain a minority tribe in the entity called Nigeria, claimed that Okun people are not Yorubas and Yoruba is only trying to expand their Kingdom. Okun people bear Yoruba names like Edo people, lots of them speak Yoruba and many of their settlements are named in Yoruba language such as Kajola, Egbeda, Egbeda Ega, Okedayo, Odo Ere, Odo Eri, Ife, Iyamoye, Agbaja, Igbo Nla and Obajana. Even, groups that make up Bunu people of Okun are Okemeta, Okemesan, Akumerindinlogun and Kiri groups.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Arogunmasa(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2015
China/Japan shd cm and build us speed train joor. Am tried of living in densely populated cities. Civil engineers and architects should fashion us a way out of this mess. I believe having speed trains in SW Will improve socio_economic political development, let us open up the hinterland and empower the locals cos that's where most of the resources are IMO.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
I’m Proud Of My Yoruba Background – Actress, Adunni

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY A MULTITUDE OF PEOPLE ARE PROUD TO BE YORUBA? cheesy cheesy

Actress, Adunni Adewale aka Adunni Ade, the ‘White girl’ of the Nigerian movie industry says she’s proud of her Yoruba background.

Adunni a Yoruba-born of a Nigerian father and an American mother is the lady behind Date Gone Bad, a new comedy skit making waves online.

Adunni Ade is starting the New Year on a bright note. Her video skit, Date Gone Bad, released on Youtube about 10 days ago, has attracted so much attention that it has recorded over 100,000 hits.

That sounds very cool for an actress to entrench herself in aiming the Nigeria’s star-studded movie industry.

Adunni who is very surprised at the turnout of the comedy skit says “I must say I am shocked at the kind of attention the skit has got,” “I knew it would be good, but I did not imagine it would get up to this level.”

Adunni first attracted attention when she featured in Saidi Balogun’s movie, You or I, Fred Idika’s Behind the Cloud (a TV series), Dereck Obasi’s Babatunde Diaries and a new film by Desmond Elliot – Rosemary Roses. Besides, the graduate of Accounting from the University of Kentucky, USA, also featured in Sound Sultan’s music video, Kokose, while she did same for Ice Prince last September.

Born in New York, USA, she grew up in Lagos where she attended Chrisland Schools and The Bells Secondary School, Ota, Ogun State. It was after her secondary education that she went to study at Kentucky, only to return to Nigeria a couple of months ago. She has no intention to practise accounting.

She says, “Entertainment has always been part of me. Even when I was young, I would stand in the front of a mirror, acting out the fashion part of me. I never wanted to be a lawyer or anything. God blessed me with a lot of talents.”

She adds that though her Lagos-based father, who she describes as a ‘big and well successful businessman’ inspired her to study Accounting, neither he nor her (Adunni’s) mum has any problem with her love for show business.

“My father supports me 100 per cent. My mum is very proud of me. Americans don’t care about this kind of thing. They support their children in whatever they choose to do. So, I have no problem building a dream in the entertainment industry. The fact is that I have never been a copycat. I am not looking for the fastest way to limelight. Rather, I want to express myself. My ambition is to be recognised worldwide. But I want to be known for what I have done. I want to be successful through hard work.”

While Adunni says she does not give attention to men when they make suggestive moves to her – say, on location – she enthuses that everyone welcomes her at work. But when asked emphatically if men have been making all kinds of advances to her, she says, “Obviously!”

On how she became fluent in Yoruba, Adunni explains that from day one, she has always been a fan of culture.

“I believe you must embrace who you are. I don’t understand why anybody will want to say, ‘I try to run away from who I am’. You have to be yourself. You have to be proud of yourself. That is why I want to speak Yoruba at every opportunity I have – even when I am in the US.”

https://www.naij.com/57882.html

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2015
PROUDLY YORUBA... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Classicool(m): 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
modath:

It is not about knowing, it is about belonging to the right structure to win ELECTIONS!!!!..
In Oyo state there's nothing like right structures.... We vote as it pays..... Last election is an indicator to that... Ogbomoso votes massively Labour Party..... Oyo town vote massively for Accord party but Labour party came second..... Oke-Okun split between APC,LP.... Ibarapa split between APC and Accord.. Ibadan APC and Accord... So in Oyo state there's nothing like right structures is the battle for sharpest....

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Arogunmasa(m): 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
A ba mo bi olori gbe yanri O
A ba lee yan ti wa
ibi kannaa la gbe yanri O
Kadara a papo ni
Ori mi gbe mi
Ori mi la mi
Gbemi atete niran
Gbemi atete lo owo lo wo
Ori nii gbe ni
Ajawo, kii se oosa.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by htconeline: 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
I think we should discuss yoruba boarder.
And marginalizing of yoruba from 1999 to this day.

Yoruba have not smell some important post since democazzzzy.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2015
This is a Yoruba hunter walking with an animal on a leash. Appears he has domesticated the animal.

Anybody know what animal this is?

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 12:01am On Nov 29, 2015
htconeline:
I think we should discuss yoruba boarder.
And marginalizing of yoruba from 1999 to this day.

Yoruba have not smell some important post since democazzzzy.

I dont know why Northerners or Ibos are in charge of Maritime and Ports Authority to be honest. Maritime and Ports administration should be Yorubas, Ijaws, Efiks, Ibibios.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by angiography(m): 12:09am On Nov 29, 2015
MayorofLagos:

I dont know why Northerners or Ibos are in charge of Maritime and Ports Authority to be honest. Maritime and Ports administration should be Yorubas, Ijaws, Efiks, Ibibios.
Bode George was once the chairman of NPA, he failed...

I hate my Yoruba men failing while they were entrusted with strategic position just because of their greediness
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by DollyParton1(f): 1:25am On Nov 29, 2015
angiography:

Bode George was once the chairman of NPA, he failed...

I hate my Yoruba men failing while they were entrusted with strategic position just because of their greediness
Every body fails in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.